(Andre) INGRAM to Play Final 2 Games!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

I'm at a lost as to why someone with such a great attitude about things and a deadly 3pt stroke has not been given a serious chance until now. But glad the Lakers gave him a taste of the NBA and he was able to make the most of it so far.

I hate to be that guy, but his shooting form is atrocious. It won't translate well into the NBA.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Funny how BI was calling him cousin.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

I'm at a lost as to why someone with such a great attitude about things and a deadly 3pt stroke has not been given a serious chance until now. But glad the Lakers gave him a taste of the NBA and he was able to make the most of it so far.

I hate to be that guy, but his shooting form is atrocious. It won't translate well into the NBA.

he dropped 19 points shooting 80% from three tho
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

46% career 3pt FG with quick release
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Really happy for Ingram. He showed all of us how to threat opportunities in our lives and not taking anything easy.
One thing though I do not like is that everyone are looking at him like he is some king of poor guy who doesn't have anything to eat or some random guy with oportunity to play NBA game. I mean come on.

G League players only make $26k a year. He could make more money working at In n Out.

I guess you get your summers off and can work another job like he does tutoring.

Dude has a lot of perseverance for playing in the G-League for a decade and following his dreams. Most players would have quit a long time ago because of the poor pay.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

46% career 3pt FG with quick release

Yup, if you can hit your open shots then a bad form can be forgiven. If you can't then you better improve quickly or change your form (are you listening Lonzo?).
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

I was with my son at the game last night, and the place was LIT. UP.

Warm, healthy ovation from the crowd when he came into the game.

When the 1st 3-pointer went in? Great applause from the crowd, really cool welcome.

Then the 2nd one? People were STANDING UP.

And when he hit the runner? DAYUM, Staples darn enar EXPLODED.

The MVP chants were fun, but when he was getting blocks, people were hollering and loving it up in the cheap seats.

And when it was crunch time, folks were yelling to pass the ball to Ingram.

I wasn't the only parent up there pointing to Ingram and telling their kid about how hard Ingram worked, how he didn't quit, and how good things can happen when you stay ready for when you're needed. Since my son has been busting his tail in his classes this year and now just starting to see the rewards of his hard work, I figure it hit home for both of us.

And when the game was over and people were crowding onto the escalators and jamming into the merch shops for the 50% off sales, people were STILL talking about "that Ingram guy."

Would've been nice to get the win, sure, but NO ONE went home feeling bad about the game. I still remember seeing Kobe's and Fish's debut game on TV, and Randle's when he went down with the leg injury, and Ball's and Kuzma's debut at SPL... but I am SO glad I saw Andre "Crash" Ingram doin' work his 1st night in the Show.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

When the 1st 3-pointer went in? Great applause from the crowd, really cool welcome.

The MVP chants were fun, but when he was getting blocks, people were hollering and loving it up in the cheap seats.

I wasn't the only parent up there pointing to Ingram and telling their kid about how hard Ingram worked, how he didn't quit, and how good things can happen when you stay ready for when you're needed. Since my son has been busting his tail in his classes this year and now just starting to see the rewards of his hard work, I figure it hit home for both of us.

And when the game was over and people were crowding onto the escalators and jamming into the merch shops for the 50% off sales, people were STILL talking about "that Ingram guy."

Would've been nice to get the win, sure, but NO ONE went home feeling bad about the game. I still remember seeing Kobe's and Fish's debut game on TV, and Randle's when he went down with the leg injury, and Ball's and Kuzma's debut at SPL... but I am SO glad I saw Andre "Crash" Ingram doin' work his 1st night in the Show.

Must of been amazing for your son to see that live. Too bad ennis and Caruso were being selfish and not passing Ingram the ball. Kids need to learn Life is hard and hardwork will eventually pay off if you keep at it.
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

Go Youtube last year's D/G League 3 point shooting contest that Ingram won and you'll see his shooting form is fine. Last night he had 2 awkward landings because he was avoiding contact.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Bring this dude back for a 1 year min contract.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Dude has shown more than Ennis, Payton, Caruso combined.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Well, he's about Half a mil $ more expensive to sign next yr now
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

That would be the perfect ending. The guy paid his dues in the G-League and deserves at least an NBA minimum so he can have something for his family.
Just wondering if he ever considered playing abroad during those 10 years.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
You know.. under the radar this guy has been a sniper in the G-league from three.

56% last year from three apparently, and 48% this year. The guy is a shooter.. I don't understand how no other NBA team wanted to give a shooter like that a chance.
I agree with you. I'll say this. the lakers need shooting like the nba needs basketballs. We better have him on the team next season. I see a two way with his name on it.

if what we saw was not a fluke which per his career numbers are not. Then we just found craig hodges. for the youngins in here. google him.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

perfect feel good story.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
His shot release is so weird.

Watched footage before the game. He lines up his arm straight ahead of his face. Jerry West teaches his kids at his camps to shoot like this with your arm aligned up towards the basket.
Check it out its perfectly aligned.

Edit
Ok saw tonight’s game footage and did see his feet all over the place after releasing the ball. That was funky
he some what turns to aim his body. you know how some people shoot free throws, where they put their right foot forward perfectly in the middle of the rim, and turn their body sideways a bit and aim their right arm the same way. thats how he shoots it. but its still quick.
quicker than my boy Caruso.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Really happy for Ingram. He showed all of us how to threat opportunities in our lives and not taking anything easy.
One thing though I do not like is that everyone are looking at him like he is some king of poor guy who doesn't have anything to eat or some random guy with oportunity to play NBA game. I mean come on.

from a professional basketball standpoint. he is homeless. so thats how we see it, thru the eyes of pro hoops. not regular people. yes we want that guy that showed some legit skill to do something the lakers sorely need. to be picked up. somebody can use a 3pt shooter for 5 mins a game. dont tell me thats not true.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Just came in here to laugh at the ‘sign him’ comments.

There’s a reason he’s been in the G league for a decade.
No there isnt.

or not a legit reason.

He's been there because he's not very athletic
He's not quick
he's not fast(not slow but not nba fast)
He's not that tall and his arms arent that long.

There's nothing about him that stands out except for his 3pt makes percentage.

if you dont look at that part or you think that can only work in the lower league. you wont sign him. you would rather sign a more athletic, taller/longer 6'5 guy that can't shoot that well and try to work on his shot and hope he gets better at shooting than sign ingram. thats the mistakes a lot of teams make.

now we know he aint afraid of the lime light.

If nothing else. he can make a defender come to him. this means floor spacing. if all he ever did was up fake and pass it off. he's done his job. he keeps one less defender guy from crowding the paint.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

It’s much better than Lonzo’s form and it works.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

1 game in the NBA is a small sample size but 10 years in the D League isn't.

If it goes in, he can kick the (bleep) thing in and I am good with it
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

That would be the perfect ending. The guy paid his dues in the G-League and deserves at least an NBA minimum so he can have something for his family.
Just wondering if he ever considered playing abroad during those 10 years.

I was curious so I checked. It seemed he did get overseas offers early in his D league career, but chose to turn them down because he always thought he was pretty close to a nba call up. Whenever, the nba call up didn't materialise, he had the mentality next year was going to be the year and so on. Family also played a part in his decision.

Then before he knew it, he had already played ten years in the d league.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

Would going against nba level defenders make a difference though? We saw how Lonzo's FG% plummeted when he graduated from college defenses to nba defenses.

Yesterday was really hard to judge. Both teams have nothing to play for and were taking it easy. I really need to see how old man ingram does in an actual meaningful nba game.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Brandon who??

Would going against nba level defenders make a difference though? We saw how Lonzo's FG% plummeted when he graduated from college defenses to nba defenses.

Yesterday was really hard to judge. Both teams have nothing to play for and were taking it easy. I really need to see how old man ingram does in an actual meaningful nba game.
lonzo's shot disappearing has little to do with actual nba defenses and more his mind. the same with his Ft's. who is defending him at the Ft line? same rim, same height, same distance, no one is guarding you why is he far worse than ever at the FT line? head games thats why.

Old man rookie made 3's his entire basketball life. makes ft's too. then gets into a nba game with ariza guarding him and other defenders, cp3, evans, yet he still hits. open, hand in the face. money, splash, cash. gets fouled, gets to the ft line. hits fts.

the guy can shoot. stop being so afraid to say it just because you think there's a good reason no one ever picked him. there are people that every gm misses on. some prefer different players for different reasons which will make them overlook other guys who dont fit their build.

you say it wasnt a real game like we didnt watch caruso get his shot beat multiple times by a end of the bench player.
Tiez
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

Great story
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

G League players only make $26k a year. He could make more money working at In n Out.

I guess you get your summers off and can work another job like he does tutoring.

One or two years in the NBA at a minimum salary will have him feeling like he hit the lottery.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: