Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Hart and TBryant for DLO if the Nets called in the off season.
Yes!
17%
 17%  [ 37 ]
No!
82%
 82%  [ 176 ]
Total Votes : 213

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Kuzma did fill the DLO shaped hole in my heart after the trade though. So I'm good. Best of luck to the kid. I am still a believer (but I am less passionate than I used to be considering his overall season this year).

Yup. I'm pleased with the direction of the team and have moved on from DLO.

But the lengths that some go to trash the kid still. SMH.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

I'am not doing it. I think Hart is going to fil that shooting guard spot perfectly.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Okay season one is done for Hart and Bryant. I’m curious if on draft night 2018 the Nets offered DLO for those two if you take it.

Did you create this thread to get Yinoma's heart rate up?

No, I would keep Hart & Bryant.
WestwoodWizard
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

100% no for me on this issue. Would not even trade only Hart for DLO.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hart IMO is on pace to average around 13-15PPG next year so he will be close to DLOs productivity unless Russell boosts his scoring next year...there is no question who’s more talented but you also have to look who can have a bigger impact on a title team and that’s Hart.

If Hart is anywhere near 15 points next season, one or more of our young core has really disappointed. Most likely one of Kuzma/Ingram/Randle because I expect them to be our top scorers.

Not everyone needs points to make an impact, I love Hart cause defense, hustle and hitting the open shot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?

55 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Okay season one is done for Hart and Bryant. I’m curious if on draft night 2018 the Nets offered DLO for those two if you take it.

Heh heh. It's kind of a strange question to ask b/c there are no bridges by which Magic would bring back DLO, or DLO would want to come back here. But it does bring out the usuals!
WestwoodWizard
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hart IMO is on pace to average around 13-15PPG next year so he will be close to DLOs productivity unless Russell boosts his scoring next year...there is no question who’s more talented but you also have to look who can have a bigger impact on a title team and that’s Hart.

If Hart is anywhere near 15 points next season, one or more of our young core has really disappointed. Most likely one of Kuzma/Ingram/Randle because I expect them to be our top scorers.

Not everyone needs points to make an impact, I love Hart cause defense, hustle and hitting the open shot.

Agreed. Hart is a great guy to have on the team because he can score when needed (like now, with all of the injuries) but can also contribute to the overall team effort in other ways. His defense and rebounding definitely come to mind.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good point
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

WestwoodWizard wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Agreed. Hart is a great guy to have on the team because he can score when needed (like now, with all of the injuries) but can also contribute to the overall team effort in other ways. His defense and rebounding definitely come to mind.

He plays winning basketball. That's what I love about Hart. Plays the game the right way. He was the best player on a NCAA championship team.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

This thread reminds me of my ex wife. Just looking for something to argue about no matter how ridiculous.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
This thread reminds me of my ex wife. Just looking for something to argue about no matter how ridiculous.

Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

IF Russell's value is still better than both, I'd do it... only to flip Russell AGAIN for a better asset (Russell + Deng).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?

yinoma2001 wrote:
55 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Heh heh. It's kind of a strange question to ask b/c there are no bridges by which Magic would bring back DLO, or DLO would want to come back here. But it does bring out the usuals!

Yeah, no need.
We're in great position to build a winning team. That's an opportunity we didn't have before.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?

55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
55 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Yeah, no need.
We're in great position to build a winning team. That's an opportunity we didn't have before.

Yup. I'm still rooting for DLO, but I'm also very happy about the direction of the team. Seems that both parties needed to move on. Wish Lakers fans could too!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Hart is a solid 2 way player
Those are hard to find
We would be foolish to trade him

That is all
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

This is silly. I was against the Russell trade, but not because I loved Russell. As of last June, Russell was worth a lot more than what we got in return for him. We traded him for cap space so we could chase free agents. I am not a fan of free agent strategies. If we fail to land a major free agent this summer, the trade was a failure. In fact, it was a failure if we don't land Lebron or Durant. We could have cleared the cap space for Paul George without the Russell trade.

But would I want Russell back? No. If the team decided that it wanted to go in a different direction, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But I will be peeved if it turns out that we off-loaded so many assets (Russell, Clarkson, Nance) for such a meager return. The fact that Hart turned out to be a decent player would ease the pain, I guess.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

DLo has shown himself to be injury prone and not too tough mentally. That trumps his talent advantage over guys like Hart and TBryant imo.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

D’Angelo hasn’t really progressed. Sucks to admit
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

no way.

Hart is a winner. DLO...not so much.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
This is silly. I was against the Russell trade, but not because I loved Russell. As of last June, Russell was worth a lot more than what we got in return for him. We traded him for cap space so we could chase free agents. I am not a fan of free agent strategies. If we fail to land a major free agent this summer, the trade was a failure. In fact, it was a failure if we don't land Lebron or Durant. We could have cleared the cap space for Paul George without the Russell trade.

But would I want Russell back? No. If the team decided that it wanted to go in a different direction, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But I will be peeved if it turns out that we off-loaded so many assets (Russell, Clarkson, Nance) for such a meager return. The fact that Hart turned out to be a decent player would ease the pain, I guess.

Bingo, I'm not too confident new regime can get an all star. We're not good enough yet. First half of year was blown playing games with line up & icing Randle out of starting line up (bad decision, hope he wants to return at all.) I don't think LBJ wants to carry another team, but better than his current team. PG13 only comes if he knows LBJ comes, doesn't get easier in 2019 either. I wonder if anyone wants to play for us anymore considering how bad Jimmy Buss ran this team. Jeanie is nice, but Magic is getting paid BIG bucks to smile his way to bringing a winner back to Buss family!
HC: Riley
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

It was never about #30 and #42 for a #2 pick. That's a terrible idea no matter how you slice it. Nobody would do that deal, not even Maginka. It was the cap space to go after the same pipe dream that Mitch and Jim had prior to giving up and signing Deng and Moz. This was the reason why many of us were upset. You gave up on a #2 pick for the same damn pipe dream. Like a twilight zone episode, where you're going in circles and you can't get out of town. Except it's worse, because you just gave up a #2 just to make one more circle.

If those picks don't pan out, Maginka would simply stress the cap space as the reason, which it was. As it turns out, Hart is pretty damn good. So I think we simply lucked out. Would I trade cap space and Hart for D'Lo now? Nope, I wouldn't, and I was one of his biggest supporters. But the luxury of 20/20 hindsight is awesome.

Another reason why I may have gone above and beyond in supporting D'Lo was the irrational hate he was getting since the night his named was announced. First attacks came from the Oakafor camp, then they crawled back into the woods when Oakafor turned out to be nothing. Then probably these same people came out again, once it was clear KP was a player, to bash the Lakers for not taking KP. The kid never had a fair shake here. I hope he has a great career in NJ, but I'm over him man. I love how Kuz and Hart are panning out. Against the odds, this has been a grand slam trade.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

hell no
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Hart's my favorite player, so I voted yes.

But I've also got some great arguments for being Pro- Hart/Bryant.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

HC: Riley
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Health.
Culture.
3-point shooting.
Consistency.
Defense.
Basketball contracts.

Where would you like to begin?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: