Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to your Randle vid, GT. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Btw, just a thought - I (and I'm sure many in these parts) would love it in the offseason, you did a "How would George and Lebron fit into a lineup including Ball, Ingram and Randle" video. Probably easier to just separate George and Lebron into two separate "how could they fit" videos though, I get that. I do think the former is a larger, more difficult and interesting question to answer though than the latter. I think its easier to separately imagine George simply being KCP on steroids with Lebron being a much larger, more effective and more ball dominant Isaiah Thomas, but more difficult to conceptualize how they could all fit together on the same team with the skillsets of our young guys there too. Regardless, anything that gives me more Ball/George/Ingram/Lebron/Randle lineups to dream about and I'll take it, so if you end up doing something like the above, I'll certainly look forward to it regardless of the form it takes. Not a small task either.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

I would love a post season breakdown of the rookie class. Might be more controversial than you’d like but I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d enjoy that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I would love a post season breakdown of the rookie class. Might be more controversial than you’d like but I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d enjoy that.

The problem with that is that when I produce content as LFR, people expect me to be informed to a certain degree. I know Lonzo, Kuzma, & Hart really well, but only have casual opinions on guys like Mitchell, Simmons, Tatum, etc. I'm happy to shoot the (bleep) with you here about it, but when I produce something, I want people to know that I tried my best to be informed to the degree that they've come to expect. It's important to me that regardless of whether or not someone agrees with my POV, they know that it's going to be well-informed if nothing else.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Podcast: Who Should the Lakers Re-sign?

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/who-should-the-lakers-re-sign
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Great video, GT. Can't imagine how much film viewing that took. Two things stood out to me: (1) the difference in explosion on Randle's layup attempts (how high he got was noticeably different - great job there) and (2) how poor his effort was down the stretch. In real time, it was obvious how Randle's effort had dropped over the last 10+ games.

I was also disappointed to see my suspicions regarding his close out defense still being below par. Still, with how much he has improved, its incredible that he still has so much more he can improve on. If he makes the same strides mentally next year as he did physically this year, that's a crazy good player.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Great video, GT. Can't imagine how much film viewing that took. Two things stood out to me: (1) the difference in explosion on Randle's layup attempts (how high he got was noticeably different - great job there) and (2) how poor his effort was down the stretch. In real time, it was obvious how Randle's effort had dropped over the last 10+ games.

I was also disappointed to see my suspicions regarding his close out defense still being below par. Still, with how much he has improved, its incredible that he still has so much more he can improve on. If he makes the same strides mentally next year as he did physically this year, that's a crazy good player.

It feels good to zoom out after zooming in so closely, so I'll just offer this.

25+ Usage Rate, 60+ TS%, 2017-18 Season

LeBron James
James Harden
Steph Curry
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
Kevin Love
Julius Randle

That isn't some cherry-picked list to try to get a player's name on a list of elite players. It's a list of high-volume, high-efficiency players, and Randle's the only guy on the list who isn't an All-Star.

And he's a plus defender.

And he's a good rebounder.

And he has talent as a passer, even if some of it is untapped.

And he's the only guy on that list who can't shoot yet.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

^All I know is that its time to start hoarding our coconuts on the Island, GT... a lot of new arrivals coming in the future.

El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Great video GT, any idea on when the next podcast is arriving? I'm doing a lot of driving for work lately and they're great for long commutes.

Are you guys intending to keep releasing content the whole off-season or are you gonna be taking some time off?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Great video GT, any idea on when the next podcast is arriving? I'm doing a lot of driving for work lately and they're great for long commutes.

Are you guys intending to keep releasing content the whole off-season or are you gonna be taking some time off?

We're recording the next pod tonight, so hopefully tomorrow around 12pm PST.

I'll be producing content throughout the offseason, which will include the pod. We're gonna try to do one every 10 days or so, although it'll be more frequent between late-June & mid-July. August may slow down a bit, but I don't think we'll take much time off if at all.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:

We're recording the next pod tonight, so hopefully tomorrow around 12pm PST.

I'll be producing content throughout the offseason, which will include the pod. We're gonna try to do one every 10 days or so, although it'll be more frequent between late-June & mid-July. August may slow down a bit, but I don't think we'll take much time off if at all.

Great to hear that man. You two have really gone strength to strength this season.

I'm hoping you guys play with the whole "report card" idea for judging the players this season.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Podcast - Kawhi

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/kawhi
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Podcast - Kawhi

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/kawhi

Interesting discussion on Kawhi, GT. I think I'm with you guys on how much we should give up. I also agree that Kawhi will likely need to state his preference for LA for our bid to beat those of other teams.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Great podcast. I was surprised by how little you would give up for Kawhi. I would include BI and Kuz or go Zo straight up but you guys said you wouldn’t. I’m interested if that’s because he only has 1 year left on the deal or if you see that much potential in the young core.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

I can’t speak for GT but for me there is a health concern, along with impending free agency.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

Over/Under: 1 year until GT finds his way into something ESPN related.

Whether it be making a podcast appearance, ending up as a guest on a ESPN radio show or something else.

It's gonna happen, the question is when. Place your bets now, hop on the bandwagon folks.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Over/Under: 1 year until GT finds his way into something ESPN related.

Whether it be making a podcast appearance, ending up as a guest on a ESPN radio show or something else.

It's gonna happen, the question is when. Place your bets now, hop on the bandwagon folks.

Haha, I appreciate the kind words. I think a guest appearance is a lot more likely than me working for them. It'd have to be very specific terms for me to be interested in that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Podcast - All About Ingram

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/all-about-ingram
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Excellent vid, GT. Your vids will be crucial to us surviving the offseason
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Nice video. Another thing I think we’ll see as Ingram develops his lower body is more explosion coming off of those hesitation drives. He still reminds me of a puppy with paws he hasn’t grown into fully yet.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Jsthornton7 wrote:
Nice video. Another thing I think we’ll see as Ingram develops his lower body is more explosion coming off of those hesitation drives. He still reminds me of a puppy with paws he hasn’t grown into fully yet.

this play is the best example of that. watch him push off of his left leg after the inside-out move to try to get by Morris - look at how little power he generates. how little pop of burst off that leg. More power will def help him plant and pop that leg forward

As an aside, that sequence of moves is probably the best example of an advanced wing handle that he's shown.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

this play is the best example of that. watch him push off of his left leg after the inside-out move to try to get by Morris - look at how little power he generates. how little pop of burst off that leg. More power will def help him plant and pop that leg forward

As an aside, that sequence of moves is probably the best example of an advanced wing handle that he's shown.

that was bad mechanics more than lack of strength - he needs to pivot that foot to point in the direction he's going to explode in before going rather than trying to go with his foot pointing in the wrong direction. right here- https://i.imgur.com/WT1Prdt.png - you can see his back foot, which is the foot he's exploding off of, is pointing in the wrong direction. this is something you learn in combat sports especially, power always comes from the ground up. if you're throwing a straight, your back foot should explode straight, if you're throwing a hook, you start the hook with your foot pivoting, a jab you throw with your lead foot straight. try to explode to your right with your left foot pointing forward and you'll see you don't generate any explosion at all. pivot it to mirror the direction you want to go, and you'll explode.

starting your change in direction with a foot pivot also brings your whole body with it, it creates the natural shoulder dip for you to get that shoulder down and around the defender. if your feet are square your shoulder will be square too, and you're basically fighting your own body to try and make a move.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

that was bad mechanics more than lack of strength - he needs to pivot that foot to point in the direction he's going to explode in before going rather than trying to go with his foot pointing in the wrong direction. right here- https://i.imgur.com/WT1Prdt.png - you can see his back foot, which is the foot he's exploding off of, is pointing in the wrong direction. this is something you learn in combat sports especially, power always comes from the ground up. if you're throwing a straight, your back foot should explode straight, if you're throwing a hook, you start the hook with your foot pivoting, a jab you throw with your lead foot straight. try to explode to your right with your left foot pointing forward and you'll see you don't generate any explosion at all. pivot it to mirror the direction you want to go, and you'll explode.

starting your change in direction with a foot pivot also brings your whole body with it, it creates the natural shoulder dip for you to get that shoulder down and around the defender. if your feet are square your shoulder will be square too, and you're basically fighting your own body to try and make a move.

Great point. But the fix will still require much applied work, because it's a biomechanics issue. Maybe lack of strength is the reason why he can't be explosive enough to properly align his body..maybe it's just reppinng/stretching postural fixes... it will take months to work that out still, not just a think-do thing.

@bbiomechanics on twitter calls this "leaking energy" , we should ask him how to fix it!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

You know what, these energy-leaks / improper alignment is probably why he can be a great leaper at times, and on other leaps he doesn't have that crazy spring at all.
Like, pre-achilles Rudy Gay would be able to do a cockback tomahawk every time you gave him the open lane , he would get that same pop, every time, at the drop of a dime. With Ingram you don't feel like he can give you that pop at the drop of a dime in the lane, not consistently at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8mUXI-n2k Imagine if he elevated like this in the lane every time..........
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 57 of 93
Jump to: