Hollywood Hoops: Should the L.A. Lakers Consider LiAngelo Ball in the NBA Draft, Free Agency?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Invite him to the summer league team and see how he does. If well, offer him a two way contract to see if he develops.

If he isn’t drafted he will at least get a summer league invite and a G-league spot. They are trying to build the G-league up and like it or not gelo is a star. People are going to watch him play...especially if they can get melo to come too.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
I would treat him just like any prospect. Every year we work out dozens of kids heading to the draft. Then, it’s up to him to earn a pick, a SL team spot, a camp invite, a spot on G-League or nothing at all.
It’s this simple. And I think the Lakers know it.
Pretty much. Either you're BPA or you aren't. I'm not signing him for just camp fodder "just because". Probably no upside for the Lakers and plus, they'll have to let him go when he doesn't make the team. Why bother with the potential headaches.
Agree with DB, what is the upside?

If Lakers are that desperate, maybe they can also invite Various Bazley (https://sports.yahoo.com/projected-top-10-draft-pick-make-leap-high-school-g-league-193725979.html)!
OnTheLakersBandWagon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

No, don't want to get in a bidding war with Vytautas Prienai–Birštonas
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball is played with only 1 ball.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Lakers don't need any more Balls...!
but they need more shooters and guess what the middle ball is? he's a solid shooter.

most shooters are not asked to play defense. only a select few guys in the nba are true 3 and D guys. most shooters are just that, shooters and literally nothing else. they dont play defense, they dont rebound well, they arent known passers. all they do is come in and chuck a few per and hopefully they can catch fire and hit the few they chuck before its time to sit them back down before someone on the other team notices that they can't play defense.

This hasn’t been true in a long time.
there are still shooters in the nba that do not play defense. they dont or rarely get any run. you dont know them anymore because they are on the edge of the bench a about to fall off of it. lol. they hardly get any run. in addition unless you're watching league pass all day long, how many other teams are you looking at anyway?

everyone wants a 3 and D guy. but til this day most 3 guys are not D guys and most D guys are not 3 guys. its hard to find a guy that has enough athleticism/later quicks, the smarts to play that level of defense while also working on their shots to the point where you can call them a real shooter.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Basketball is played with only 1 ball.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Just updating the thread with a this is what i was talking about when they let our D league Ingram into a real nba game and he was known for being a shooter that could score. He's not that athletic. he surely isnt that fast/quick. But he can shoot and he knows it. There's always room for a guy like that in the league. I know good and well I would love to have that old man rookie on the lakers next season even over young middle ball. but this just goes to show the middle ball does have hope and its not so doom and gloom like some have tried to say it is. as long as he keeps working at his game and if his shooting ability does translate for real to the nba 3 line. there is no reason not to give him a shot on some nba team.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Can you imagine the crap their dad will spew, with two kids on the team???

I predict he will get banned from Staples if they also add LiHarpo to go along with LiGroucho...
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, NO!

Liagenlo seems to be where Lavar is concentrating his attention with, at the moment. He's been pretty quiet on the Lonzo front.

We need Liagenlo - and by extension Lavar - on the East Coast on some nba team like the Nets, far far away from Lonzo and the lakers!

We already got a good thing, with Lavar gradually fading away from us. Let's keep it that way. Just say no to drama!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Can you imagine the crap their dad will spew, with two kids on the team???

I predict he will get banned from Staples if they also add LiHarpo to go along with LiGroucho...
Yes i can imagine it and guess what? I dont care and neither do the lakers.

he's not the coach. he's not another player on the team. and no matter what he would say it wont be any worse than what he has already said this year.

again, dont let your disdain for the father cloud your mind when it comes to us possibly getting a shooter on the edge of the bench. its not a headache if you dont listen or dont care. i listen and laugh and dont care. sometimes i ignore what he's saying since i know why he's saying it. thats their dad and their hype man aka marketeer.

If that middle ball can shoot in the nba at nba range. we better take a look at him. just like we need to sigh the real Ingram lol to deal next season. that dude looks like he could be craig hodges.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: