JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He def has a starter ceiling. He could be a better shooting version of Danny Green (who's shooting has been only slightly above average except for one year..)

Came here to post this exact post.

Danny Green was a 22 year old rookie too
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Do some of ya'll still think this kid is a bench player? Future NBA starter, through and through.

I think likely bench player who can play 3 positions. Very important rotation player.

Agree to disagree. I just think people are selling him short a bit because of age and assume his development is close to maxed out already. But being able to fit in the way he has and look like a seasoned pro on both ends for long stretches of games as a ROOKIE is impressive, even if he's 23. People seem to take it for granted, but not every four-year college guy comes into the league ready to play like this. He's off to a great start in his career, and I wouldn't write off further skill improvement just yet, not to mention how much better he'll be simply from gaining more NBA experience and improving his conditioning.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Megaton wrote:
TheGoat1 wrote:
I'm sorry, but Josh Hart >> D'Angelo Russell. I've always considered the Dlo trade to be Dlo + Moz for Lopez, Hart, and Bryant. And the Lou Williams trade to be for the right to draft Kuzma.

Love me some Josh "The Lion" Hart.

DLO regressed this year too. Was supposed to be an all star year for him or a big 3rd year for him. Shame he’s been such a disappointment. He did have the highest bust potential in the draft lottery after all.

Now the Nets would have to add a 1st round pick with DLO in order to get Hart from us.

I mean, you would've sold Oladipo before he became an All-Star, but Hart is looking mighty impressive and was worth the trade.

While true, Dipo is the exception, not the rule.

Does he join Jules?

(bleep), I hope Jules joins that club and becomes an All-Star in Year 5, lol. But not on someone else's team...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I think a lot of it will depend on whether we sign George or not (which I am almost 100% sure he’ll be here).

If George for some reason doesn’t come here, then Hart is automatic starter for sure.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He def has a starter ceiling. He could be a better shooting version of Danny Green (who's shooting has been only slightly above average except for one year..)

Came here to post this exact post.

Danny Green was a 22 year old rookie too

And Danny Green was a Cavs scrub as a rookie before he bounced around and ended up on the Spurs with Pop to salvage his career two to three years later.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I think a lot of it will depend on whether we sign George or not (which I am almost 100% sure he’ll be here).

If George for some reason doesn’t come here, then Hart is automatic starter for sure.

I think it's more 50/50 on Paul George coming here, but I agree on Hart.

With PG13 - Hart's a great backup who can cover several positions.

Without PG13 - Hart's a starting SG who could be very solid.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Didn't somebody say the Lakers were holding his game back? Guy could be the next Jimmy Butler.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Hart is easily going to be starter quality. He is Courtney Lee meets Derek Fisher.

The luxury for the Lakers is that they can plug him in as a low usage starter or bring him off the bench as 6th man depending on roster construction. And do so for a little over $1M per season until 2021.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Didn't somebody say the Lakers were holding his game back? Guy could be the next Jimmy Butler.

Not likely, but possible. I'd argue Hart is a better offensive player at the same age, but Butler was the better defender by age and diversified his offensive game to an outlier degree as a pro.

But Josh had a great secret star profile coming out of Villanova like Jimmy Butler did coming out of Marquette.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

It's early, but Lakers might have to add Hart to the untouchables list with Zo, Ingram, & Kuz. He is a 2 way player, elite at finishing around the rim, and a pure winner. Just in the last two games, he is so flexible on defense that you can put him on James Harden, Chris Paul, and Tobias Harris, and he can hold his own with how strong he is. He is a starting 2 guard in the league and he has an even better offensive game than expected to be just a 3 & D player. Lakers hit a complete home run with drafting 3 starters in the 2017 draft in Zo, Kuz, & Hart, can't ask for anything else, Hart is going to be really good.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised because this organization for the last few years have a habit of holding young talent back.

While gems appear on this team, the coaches here also have this habit to really hostage the young core from REALLY cutting loose and having the green light. Kyle Kuzma and Randle were victims of this earlier in the season, after the first 3 or games, the team decides to make Lonzo Ball give up the ball right after he passes half court, we play entry pass offense with one year mercs like Lopez, KCP and IT, etc.

Unlike here, the Sixers, Wolves, Suns, etc at least know how to really showcase young talent and give them the green light all the time regardless of the outcome of games. Devin Booker for example, has been given the ultimate freedom to do whatever he wants since day 1 on the Suns and he wasn’t even a top 10 pick.

Imagine Hart or Kuz on other rebuilding teams like the Grizzlies, Hawks, Kings, or the Magic? They probably do even better with more touches to boot. Only rebuilding team that wouldn’t give them that green light would be teams with stubborn coaches like the Mavs and the Pistons.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Hart’s final game of the season: 30 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists on 7 of 9 shooting from 3.

Dlo’s Final game of the season: 11 points, 1 board, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers, on 1 of 5 shooting from 3.

I think the sample size of one is enough to definitively declare that Hart is the future superstar and Dlo is the bust.

Seriously, though, when I first heard about the trade I was freaking out, but damn if Hart’s emergence hasn’t softened the blow a great deal. I still believe in Dlo, even after his disappointing year, but Hart and KUZ have been a revelation.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

30-5-5 jeez
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Hart’s final game of the season: 30 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists on 7 of 9 shooting from 3.

Dlo’s Final game of the season: 11 points, 1 board, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers, on 1 of 5 shooting from 3.

I think the sample size of one is enough to definitively declare that Hart is the future superstar and Dlo is the bust.

Seriously, though, when I first heard about the trade I was freaking out, but damn if Hart’s emergence hasn’t softened the blow a great deal. I still believe in Dlo, even after his disappointing year, but Hart and KUZ have been a revelation.

Since this is the new DLo thread, if he fails to become an All-Star, he'd be the first guard selected in the top three of a draft to do so since Jay Williams (whose career was cut short due to a motorcycle crash injury). Interesting.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Since this is the new DLo thread, if he fails to become an All-Star, he'd be the first guard selected in the top three of a draft to do so since Jay Williams (whose career was cut short due to a motorcycle crash injury). Interesting.

That last bit was so mind-blowing I had to check it. Ben Gordon, OJ Mayo, (soon to be) Andrew Wiggins

EDIT - Evan Turner depending on whether you consider him a G or F?

Last edited by TheBlackMamba on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

bring back the dlo thread
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

like, as a literal comp? Butler is 6'8, Hart 6'5

what's a good comp for his ceilng?

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart finishes his last 4 starting games with:

23.8 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.3 SPG, 53% FG, 45% 3P.

That is some Jimmy Butler numbers right there.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
30-5-5 jeez

For comparison, Fisher never scored 30 points in a regular season game his entire career, and didn't record 5 or more 20+ point games until his fourth season.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Hary Garris?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LG has come a long way from "this guy is a scrub"

See early season comments.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

That last bit was so mind-blowing I had to check it. Ben Gordon, OJ Mayo, (soon to be) Andrew Wiggins

EDIT - Evan Turner depending on whether you consider him a G or F?

Gordon and Mayo, you are right. Wiggins is not a guard.

I'll amend it to PGs and extend it back to 1984.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

I was thinking Wes Matthews earlier in the season, but Hart is probably a better finisher and much better rebounder.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tox wrote:
30-5-5 jeez

For comparison, Fisher never scored 30 points in a regular season game his entire career, and didn't record 5 or more 20+ point games until his fourth season.

I didn't really get the Fisher comparison to begin with. For starters, Hart actually makes layups.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I like the Kerry Kittles comparison.

Funny enough, Kittles also played for Villanova, 6’5, good shooter and defender...

Sounds like a solid one to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 93 of 163
Jump to: