JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hart’s final game of the season: 30 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists on 7 of 9 shooting from 3.

Dlo’s Final game of the season: 11 points, 1 board, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers, on 1 of 5 shooting from 3.

I think the sample size of one is enough to definitively declare that Hart is the future superstar and Dlo is the bust.

Seriously, though, when I first heard about the trade I was freaking out, but damn if Hart’s emergence hasn’t softened the blow a great deal. I still believe in Dlo, even after his disappointing year, but Hart and KUZ have been a revelation.

Since this is the new DLo thread, if he fails to become an All-Star, he'd be the first guard selected in the top three of a draft to do so since Jay Williams (whose career was cut short due to a motorcycle crash injury). Interesting.

That last bit was so mind-blowing I had to check it. Ben Gordon, OJ Mayo, (soon to be) Andrew Wiggins

EDIT - Evan Turner depending on whether you consider him a G or F?

Gordon and Mayo, you are right. Wiggins is not a guard.

I'll amend it to PGs and extend it back to 1984.

I get your point, though. I was kind of surprised at the lack of guards taken in the top 3 over the last 15 years, really.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:
30-5-5 jeez

For comparison, Fisher never scored 30 points in a regular season game his entire career, and didn't record 5 or more 20+ point games until his fourth season.

I didn't really get the Fisher comparison to begin with. For starters, Hart actually makes layups.

Well, I compare him to Courtney Lee with Fisher man strength, but I was just bringing up a recent long-standing role-player guard drafted by the Lakers as a comp. It seemed better than Jordan Farmar.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
LG has come a long way from "this guy is a scrub"

See early season comments.

I was not super thrilled about Hart pre-draft and shortly after. I figured he'd be solid in some sort of role eventually but geez he just fits with this team like a glove.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hart’s final game of the season: 30 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists on 7 of 9 shooting from 3.

Dlo’s Final game of the season: 11 points, 1 board, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers, on 1 of 5 shooting from 3.

I think the sample size of one is enough to definitively declare that Hart is the future superstar and Dlo is the bust.

Seriously, though, when I first heard about the trade I was freaking out, but damn if Hart’s emergence hasn’t softened the blow a great deal. I still believe in Dlo, even after his disappointing year, but Hart and KUZ have been a revelation.

Since this is the new DLo thread, if he fails to become an All-Star, he'd be the first guard selected in the top three of a draft to do so since Jay Williams (whose career was cut short due to a motorcycle crash injury). Interesting.

That last bit was so mind-blowing I had to check it. Ben Gordon, OJ Mayo, (soon to be) Andrew Wiggins

EDIT - Evan Turner depending on whether you consider him a G or F?

Gordon and Mayo, you are right. Wiggins is not a guard.

I'll amend it to PGs and extend it back to 1984.

I get your point, though. I was kind of surprised at the lack of guards taken in the top 3 over the last 15 years, really.

Generally guards have had to be special to go top three in the draft over the years since bigs are so prized, though that may change in the new perimeter-oriented NBA. But I still expect Fultz, Ball, and Doncic to all be All-Stars eventually.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked if DLo ends up having a Baron Davis-ish career of professional success that could've been greater if he had a better work ethic.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I like Courtney Lee, too. But he's always been a super role player who looks like he could be much more than that, but never took the next step, whether because of his mentality, lack of opportunity, or whatever.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
LG has come a long way from "this guy is a scrub"

See early season comments.

I've been more on board with Josh than Kuzma. Win some, lose some.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked if DLo ends up having a Baron Davis-ish career of professional success that could've been greater if he had a better work ethic.

That's about where I am on him, too. I was devastated when he was traded, and he could still make us regret it, but I feel comfortable where we're at right now and wouldn't bet money on him breaking out into a perennial All-Star. I just hope he doesn't go the Starbury route.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I like Courtney Lee, too. But he's always been a super role player who looks like he could be much more than that, but never took the next step, whether because of his mentality, lack of opportunity, or whatever.

Josh is so unique because he's an elite rebounding and elite post-defending guard. Start with Courtney Lee and add those rare qualities and you have a special deluxe role-player.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Heck, we lost DLO and Moz and gained Hart and Kuz. We have upgraded such a huge amount that this is really a non point.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

What a phenomenal job by our scouting department. We have Hart and Kuzz which is unbelievable. They are actually top 10 picks.
Hart is great defender, amazing rebounder for his size and really good shooter. He can improve a lot in all these areas. Two great pieces to have in the future.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

That's about where I am on him, too. I was devastated when he was traded, and he could still make us regret it, but I feel comfortable where we're at right now and wouldn't bet money on him breaking out into a perennial All-Star. I just hope he doesn't go the Starbury route.

I think DLo is well-adjusted unlike Starbury, but he's going to float when he should fight throughout his career and that will cap his potential.

If Maginka ultimately want to build a culture of fighters, I respect that even if I expect they might've ultimately sold DLo a bit cheap for cap space and a late 1st (that wonderfully turned into Hart and Bryant). I credit them immensely for getting draft picks in their salary dumps, though - the Nets and Cavs picks - and that they have a vision of clubhouse culture they want to promote. I think young DLo could've eventually fit in that culture (as KCP doesn't fit), but there was no guarantee that he would've done so as he has with the Nets, and both parties benefitted from the scene change. I still believe in DLo's upside, but Maginka look like they will have maximized value retroactively even if during most draft years a team never comes away with Kuzma, Hart, and Bryant as late draft picks.

Anyway, I remain a DLo fan, but I'll die a Lakers fan, and I love Kuz and Hart as Lakers even if they don't stay past their rookie contracts. They are such fun kids to root for.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I know we wanted to massage KCPs agent, but Hart should have stolen alot more of KCPs minutes from half season. Who knows how much more he would have florished. I just glad he got a chance and showed he will be part of the future of this team, and we don't need to waste big money on KCP.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
I know we wanted to massage KCPs agent, but Hart should have stolen alot more of KCPs minutes from half season. Who knows how much more he would have florished. I just glad he got a chance and showed he will be part of the future of this team, and we don't need to waste big money on KCP.

Agreed. Assuming the Lebron dream is dead-ish, it would've been much more valuable to feed Josh a ton of minutes after his early season rookie slump. Live and learn.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Didn't somebody say the Lakers were holding his game back? Guy could be the next Jimmy Butler.

like, as a literal comp? Butler is 6'8, Hart 6'5

what's a good comp for his ceilng?

I was thinking Wes Matthews earlier in the season, but Hart is probably a better finisher and much better rebounder.

Ya that was a decent comp.. Hart can attack though, yea
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Starting to become my favorite Laker. 3 & D player, does the dirty work, plays within the team, high character classy guy. What more could one ask for?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject:

He's been as much of a revelation as Kuzma. You'd think he was drafted in the 10-15 range with the way he's playing (when healthy). Kind of where Justin Jackson was placed.

Now I'm anxiously anticipating who they'll draft with the Cleveland pick, assuming they don't trade it. The bar has never been higher for the Lakers scouting department. The ceiling the roof.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Didn't somebody say the Lakers were holding his game back? Guy could be the next Jimmy Butler.

like, as a literal comp? Butler is 6'8, Hart 6'5

what's a good comp for his ceilng?

I was thinking Wes Matthews earlier in the season, but Hart is probably a better finisher and much better rebounder.

Ya that was a decent comp.. Hart can attack though, yea

I agree guys Josh's ceiling looks much higher than I thought we could possibly have a Jimmy Butler here Unbelievable.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject:

Tony Bradley didn't do anything for the Jazz, and I was a little nervous because it seemed like he had some Duncan in him. What an amazing trade, especially if Thomas Bryant ends up being better than Tony Bradley too.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart what a great way to finish the season. Now he knows he can play in this league. Work hard this off season and be great. It was fun watch you grow from Summer league through the end of the season. In Summer League it looked like it would take a long time before you were good and it almost looked like we missed. Well you took the ball and ran with it in the 2nd half. Keep working this summer and be great.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Josh Hart what a great way to finish the season. Now he knows he can play in this league. Work hard this off season and be great. It was fun watch you grow from Summer league through the end of the season. In Summer League it looked like it would take a long time before you were good and it almost looked like we missed. Well you took the ball and ran with it in the 2nd half. Keep working this summer and be great.

When he played, he was actually decent in the summer league and much of it translated over to the regular season (transition, shooting, driving, defense). I was surprised to see a 30th pick come out with that level of poise, but that's just Jay Wright's Villanova magic and Josh Hart's character at play. That ankle injury just didn't give enough of a sample size, but he's surpassed all of our expectations with those 20+ point games. He's a baller and the Lakers are fortunate.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Luke spoke about it after the game in regard to Hart.

In the NBA, when your opportunity comes (and it always does at some point during the marathon season) you have to be ready to seize it.

And Hart was definitely ready every time his chance came to do that.

I think KCP is gone so Hart is going to be a key rotation player going forward as the Lakers return to glory.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Luke spoke about it after the game in regard to Hart.

In the NBA, when your opportunity comes (and it always does at some point during the marathon season) you have to be ready to seize it.

And Hart was definitely ready every time his chance came to do that.

I think KCP is gone so Hart is going to be a key rotation player going forward as the Lakers return to glory.

Yeah. No need to pay KCP long term b/c Hart is probably as equally effective at 1/10th the price.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

Hart's 30 lead Lakers past Clippers 115-100 to end season

http://www.nba.com/games/20180411/LALLAC#/recap
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

With Hart we can let KCP walk and wait for Klay to become a FA
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingSeductiveClamAMPEnergy

This was probably the funniest moment related to the Lakers all year. During a stream Kuz swears and somebody asks him to keep it PG-13. After three other people discuss how they aren't allowed to say PG-13 because it's tampering Kuz chimes in with a wonderfully succinct "Tamper this dick man..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 94 of 163
Jump to: