Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Hart and TBryant for DLO if the Nets called in the off season.
Yes!
17%
 17%  [ 37 ]
No!
82%
 82%  [ 176 ]
Total Votes : 213

tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Earlier today I voted yes.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't even trade Hart for Russell straight up, let alone throwing Bryant in there. I've said this before, but I was a huge Russell fan while he was here and hated to see him go. However, I'm not overly convinced that he's as driven as he needs to be in order to fulfill his potential. And if that never changes at some point in his career, his ceiling will likely be as a sixth man. I'll take a humble, hardworking guy like Hart who always plays as hard as he can and knows his role ten times out of ten over a player with intriguing potential who isn't truly committed. My doubts about Russell really don't have anything to do with his health.

And to be fair, can the OP’s actual question be answered? The question wasn’t about how we rate the Russell trade. It’s more of a comparative, hindsight question to gauge the combined value of Hart + Bryant vs Russell’s. That’s it. It muddies the waters of the intended discussion to go into a different direction (i.e. ‘we can’t know if the Russell trade was worth it until we see how free agency plays out’). That wasn’t even the question. 2018 free agency aside, would you trade Josh Hart and Thomas Bryant for D’Angelo Russell today if you could? That is the OP’s question.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Ice left his veins!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

That's okay. You have the whole summer to apologize... 😁
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

I miss DLO and I hope he has a great career in Brooklyn. But it's a no.

Hart's style of play is an ideal fit for our roster.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

That's okay. You have the whole summer to apologize... 😁

Pretty much

I wouldn't trade Hart straight up for ANY player on their roster. Although, if they chose to amnesty Lin for some reason, I'd be glad to see him return for PG depth.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

Easy no for me..
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

Hart just gives me those Fisher vibes. Not the missed layup or get lit up by Bibby vibe, but he's got that magic and championship intangibles. It really seems to be an extension of his character and the grit he developed from playing under Jay Wright @ Villanova. He's exactly the kind of player you'd want around superstars. Probably the type of guy who would step up in game 3 of the finals, when our superstars are struggling.

As far as Russell - I still maintain he has star (maybe superstar) potential once he figures a few things out. New Jersey is probably the best place for him to maximize his potential.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hart just gives me those Fisher vibes. Not the missed layup or get lit up by Bibby vibe, but he's got that magic and championship intangibles. It really seems to be an extension of his character and the grit he developed from playing under Jay Wright @ Villanova. He's exactly the kind of player you'd want around superstars. Probably the type of guy who would step up in game 3 of the finals, when our superstars are struggling.

As far as Russell - I still maintain he has star (maybe superstar) potential once he figures a few things out. New Jersey is probably the best place for him to maximize his potential.

Superstar? Nah
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Superstar? Nah

New Jersey?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject:

Russell became a cancer to the Lakers, did nothing to help the team win if his 3 point shot wasn't falling.

I'd even hesitate trading Deng for him.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Russell became a cancer to the Lakers, did nothing to help the team win if his 3 point shot wasn't falling.

Well I mean, no, because waiving russell would be less of a cap hit than waiving deng... But I get what you mean
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:

This is the kind of analysis I come to LG to read.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

Nah. Josh still has a lot to offer us and he's on next to no money for the next 3 years. He affects the game on both sides of the ball, rebounds far better than you can expect a 2 guard to, shoots the 3 at a good clip, finishes well and even past that is a great teammate and pro who knows his role and doesn't try to do more than he knows he can. He's got championship squad player written all over him.

I really liked DLo and was crestfallen when we traded him but with some time passed after the trade I've come to realise whilst DLo can catch fire some games and look like a world beater a lot of the time he's just an inefficient chucker. He's also starting to worry me medically and even more than that you've got to pay the man after next season. Now he won't get a max deal or anything but he's probably still going to be in the 8-10 range depending on how much he balls out in his contract year.

I'm very much at peace with the trade and what we got out of it. I wish DLo well but I don't really feel like we need him back. I think we're good with what we have.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
BizLA wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Superstar? Nah

New Jersey?

I still play NBA 2K11. Cut me some slack here.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

I wasnt sad to see DLO go, his recent play confirmed my suspicions about him

I voted no

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Terra4Gary
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

I voted No. Hart is already as effective as KCP at 17 Mil less for 4 more years!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

DLO has a higher upside that's for sure but after this season, you can't ignore his injury history. He can still be like Curry who was also injury prone in the first few years but became a healthy player afterwards.

The answer to this poll depends on what we want to achieve in the next few years. If we add PG13 and LBJ, then Hart's 3&D is what every contender need. If we fail to add stars onto this team, then we should focus on developing one ourselves. In that case, DLO still could be the go-to-guy scorer that we lack. Meanwhile, we will still be having the lottery pick hoping to land another future star player. The truth is 76ers already have 2 all stars in the making. Simmons and Embiid are already star players to me even if they only have limited progression in the future. We just don't have that kind of player yet.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

When Russell was traded I was perplexed at giving up on a young talent.

I watched a couple Brooklyn games this year and realized he was never going to be a guy to give max effort (or maybe he’s but just slow).

He doesn’t fit our defensive identity, probably dribbles a bit too much for us, and flat out doesn’t look like he’s trying as hard as he should. And if he is, then that’s still an issue.

Hart defends at a high level, can hit the 3, and can play alongside anyone because he brings something to the table even if he’s not hitting the 3 ball.

I wouldnt trade hart for Russell straight up.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

comparing Hart to Fisher is selling him waaaay short. He's already better in his rookie year than what Fisher could have ever dreamed of being. I'd say a better comparison would be an prime Ariza with less length and athleticism but much more consistent shooting and ability to create his own shot when needed.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Here's a question - if the Nets offered DLo to us for FREE, would you take him?

Stipulation - you have to take him now. Can't wait until after free agency. He'll eat away at our cap space for this upcoming free agency class.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

And down the drain this thread continues going...
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

comparing Hart to Fisher is selling him waaaay short. He's already better in his rookie year than what Fisher could have ever dreamed of being. I'd say a better comparison would be an prime Ariza with less length and athleticism but much more consistent shooting and ability to create his own shot when needed.

Oh, I think he'll be much better than Fisher and the less athletic Ariza and Wesley Matthews comps are also on point here.

It's Hart's intangibles and championship grit that remind me of Fisher. Keep in mind that Fisher started on 4 different championship squads. Despite not being the most talented or skilled player on the floor, he had a knack for getting the team out of tough situations. His leadership carried us at times. I think Hart can fulfill that role and even more in his prime. He's that guy who can augment BI and Kuz's game the way Fisher did for Kobe.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Fisher was an integral piece of 5 Championship Teams.

We don't beat Boston or Orlando for that matter with out him...and he absolutely dismantled the Spurs in 2001.

I can't say that Hart is better than Fish...and why should anyone have to when we can love them both?

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: