The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
MJST wrote:
Luke Walton on Randle's new role to close the season

Ryan Ward
@RyanWardLA
Luke Walton on Julius Randle: "I think his willingness to continue to try to grow as a player is really impressive because he's so dominant physically & he has had so much success recently." #Lakers

Luke Walton on Julius Randle: "I feel like if he wanted to, he could just put his head down & get to the rim and score 30 points a night, but we're asking more of him as far as we want him being a playmaker." #Lakers

For those that don't get it.

If Kuzma is out as well, I'm down to see Randle put his head down and get 30 because theres no point in play making for players like Tyler Ennis

How many times did we see this sentence from 2005-2007 >_> just replace Tyler Ennis's name with a select few others

Replace 30 with 50 and you're spot on.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle thank you for a great season. It was fun to watch you grow into the player I always knew you could be. Keep working hard and be the steel that all the other players can sharpen themselves on. Take you conditioning and body to an all new level after a vacation with the family. Work on the right hand and the jump shot, especially the 15-18 footer which will always be open for you.

Whatever you do don't leave the Lakers. If you have to hold Magic by is feet off a tall building to get a contract do that. You are already a star but we are still only scratching the surface of your greatness. Thanks again and go with God and have a great off season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Props to Julius for playing in all 82 games. Great season for him. His off season conditioning really helped. Hopefully this summer he can work on his mid range game. Keep up the good work Julius.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

It will be a sad day in Lakerland if we don't keep this kid.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It will be a sad day in Lakerland if we don't keep this kid.

I think only way we absolutely don’t bring him back is if we sign PG and LeBron and we are looking for a 3rd superstar like Kawhi and the Spurs ask for Randle in a S&T cause Pop has said positive things about Randle dating back to the USA Basketball training so he’s gonna want him in any KL trade... so the chances of Randle coming back is high unless some crazy possibility comes up like trading for Kawhi
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

listening to GT's podcast....and Darius said he would have "no walk away price" for Randle....as in he would match a full max offer if another team offered. I find Darius very intelligent on basketball, Lakers and other things.....and often agree with him.....but dang, there is no world where I exhaust a max contract on Randle that would average nearly $28 Million per year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
listening to GT's podcast....and Darius said he would have "no walk away price" for Randle....as in he would match a full max offer if another team offered. I find Darius very intelligent on basketball, Lakers and other things.....and often agree with him.....but dang, there is no world where I exhaust a max contract on Randle that would average nearly $28 Million per year.

I highly doubt he will get that kind of offer.

He has raised his value, but I would be shocked if he gets anything more than 16-18m. Look at the possible suitors/cap space/positional needs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins is a max player, is Randle has less value to his team than Wiggins? Some teams might look at it this way and gamble on him
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He has raised his value, but I would be shocked if he gets anything more than 16-18m. Look at the possible suitors/cap space/positional needs.

I walk away @ $15ish Million.....maybe near $16 Million. If he never becomes an average shooter, he has little chance of outplaying that amount.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Wiggins is a max player, is Randle has less value to his team than Wiggins? Some teams might look at it this way and gamble on him

if Johnny jumps off a bridge......
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I walk away @ $15ish Million.....maybe near $16 Million. If he never becomes an average shooter, he has little chance of outplaying that amount.

Depends. If we have 2 max FAs, at 15m, no brainer.

In a world where we have 0 max FAs, negotiating with him in such a vacuum, different IMO.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Best clutch shooters by eFG% (last 5:00, game w/i 5 points, 150+ FGAs):
1. Durant - .641
2. Curry - .602
3. Towns - .601
4. LeBron - .594
5. Randle - .581
6. Cousins - .576
7. Hield - .574
8. LeVert - .569
9. Redick - .568
http://bkref.com/tiny/Jh99k

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/984553035077705729
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
1. Durant - .641
2. Curry - .602
3. Towns - .601
4. LeBron - .594
5. Randle - .581
6. Cousins - .576
7. Hield - .574
8. LeVert - .569
9. Redick - .568

anph out here spittin TRUFS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
1. Durant - .641
2. Curry - .602
3. Towns - .601
4. LeBron - .594
5. Randle - .581
6. Cousins - .576
7. Hield - .574
8. LeVert - .569
9. Redick - .568

think it was wrong per several comments.....claim his chart was last 5 minutes on "any" quarter.....claim this is the real list....

https://twitter.com/adelbadmon/status/984593048842665986
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

good guy Jules
DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
1. Durant - .641
2. Curry - .602
3. Towns - .601
4. LeBron - .594
5. Randle - .581
6. Cousins - .576
7. Hield - .574
8. LeVert - .569
9. Redick - .568

think it was wrong per several comments.....claim his chart was last 5 minutes on "any" quarter.....claim this is the real list....

https://twitter.com/adelbadmon/status/984593048842665986

Love Randle but eFG% doesn't account for turnovers. That was his biggest weakness in the clutch (and in general, IMO) offensively. Really hope he can improve his handle and awareness in tight spaces going forward.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I think it was wrong per several comments.....claim his chart was last 5 minutes on "any" quarter.....

I'm not going to take the time to look it up on all players but here's Randles clutch minutes (game +/- 5 points in final 5 minutes of overtime or 4th) per 82games.com: 26.3 points/48, 54.5% fg, 55.7% eFG
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Randle was also our best player in the nba clutch metric last year.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

That’d be foolish. He already outplayed that amount this season.
tofulakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject:

This summer I hope he develops a 3-pointer, reduces his desire to bring the ball up the court, and gets down to 0% body fat from 5%
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/984558173846585344

Hopefully good news coming soon
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

I listened to his interview on Marcellus and Kelvin and Julius said he was excited about the free agency stuff. They asked him about recruiting other players and whatnot and he said he had to worry about himself first. I'm happy for him and I hope he takes the highest amount he can get since he deserves it.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
I listened to his interview on Marcellus and Kelvin and Julius said he was excited about the free agency stuff. They asked him about recruiting other players and whatnot and he said he had to worry about himself first. I'm happy for him and I hope he takes the highest amount he can get since he deserves it.

Yep ill never criticize a player taking the most money available. If theres another team that offers him more money than us then thank you JR you were a great laker and wish nothing but the best.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Yep ill never criticize a player taking the most money available. If theres another team that offers him more money than us then thank you JR you were a great laker and wish nothing but the best.

Yes and no. He may be offered the most $ say by Atlanta and be on a poor team for half a decade. Or he can take a little less, say the Lakers and be on an up and coming team that can get to the finals if they make the right moves. And he gets to stay in LA.

I'll never forget when Rick Fox was offered 6 years $24 million by Atlanta and decided to take the mid level with the Lakers at $2.5 million. I think Fox will tell you he made the right decision.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Yes and no. He may be offered the most $ say by Atlanta and be on a poor team for half a decade. Or he can take a little less, say the Lakers and be on an up and coming team that can get to the finals if they make the right moves. And he gets to stay in LA.

I'll never forget when Rick Fox was offered 6 years $24 million by Atlanta and decided to take the mid level with the Lakers at $2.5 million. I think Fox will tell you he made the right decision.

Fox might have made a different choice if he were (1) very early in his career as Julius (2) just got married and had a baby

Some different factors for Julius' decision. Frankly, with those factors, I'd bet 90 plus percent of players, and even people, take the money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1413 of 1536
Jump to: