JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Tony Bradley didn't do anything for the Jazz, and I was a little nervous because it seemed like he had some Duncan in him. What an amazing trade, especially if Thomas Bryant ends up being better than Tony Bradley too.

I think the Lakers probably would've taken Josh at 28 anyways, so we basically got Bryant for free.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Luke spoke about it after the game in regard to Hart.

In the NBA, when your opportunity comes (and it always does at some point during the marathon season) you have to be ready to seize it.

And Hart was definitely ready every time his chance came to do that.

I think KCP is gone so Hart is going to be a key rotation player going forward as the Lakers return to glory.

Yeah. No need to pay KCP long term b/c Hart is probably as equally effective at 1/10th the price.

And we have him locked in for 3 more years
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Tony Bradley didn't do anything for the Jazz, and I was a little nervous because it seemed like he had some Duncan in him. What an amazing trade, especially if Thomas Bryant ends up being better than Tony Bradley too.

Not gonna knock Tony Breadley because some dudes take years to develop, but Hart would have absolutely killed it alongside Rubio and Mitchell on the Jazz. That being said, they snagged a probable superstar at 13, so I doubt they'll be throwing any loose stones about it.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingSeductiveClamAMPEnergy

This was probably the funniest moment related to the Lakers all year. During a stream Kuz swears and somebody asks him to keep it PG-13. After three other people discuss how they aren't allowed to say PG-13 because it's tampering Kuz chimes in with a wonderfully succinct "Tamper this dick man..."

Love how close and united this core is. From Kuz-Ingram-Hart-Ball-zubac-IT and they even still close with Clarkson and Larry Nance
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
I know we wanted to massage KCPs agent, but Hart should have stolen alot more of KCPs minutes from half season. Who knows how much more he would have florished. I just glad he got a chance and showed he will be part of the future of this team, and we don't need to waste big money on KCP.

Hart got the Rookie Clarkson treatment. Had it not been for injuries, I'm not sure how much Hart we would have seen. That was a huge flaw with Luke early on this season. If kept saying to myself maybe the lack of playing time (for Randle, Hart, Bryant) was from management, to keep their names out of trade talks. I know that's not how it works, but still, that's what I told myself early on.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingSeductiveClamAMPEnergy

This was probably the funniest moment related to the Lakers all year. During a stream Kuz swears and somebody asks him to keep it PG-13. After three other people discuss how they aren't allowed to say PG-13 because it's tampering Kuz chimes in with a wonderfully succinct "Tamper this dick man..."

Great find!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

not comparing him CJ McCollum but i think CJ was also 22 years when he came in league. hart just turned 23

1st 2 years he averaged 5.3 and 6.8 before exploding to 20.8 and 23 following 2 years
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

This dude is a gamer. The kinda guy you want going to battle with you for a 7 game series. He's gritty, plays D, he can shoot, and he rebounds like a power forward. Another masterful late draft pick by the Lakers scouting department.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

I don't think Hart will ever be the scorer McCollum is. However. A young, healthy Wes Matthew's appears to be a nice comp. So does a better scoring Raja Bell.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't think Hart will ever be the scorer McCollum is. However. A young, healthy Wes Matthew's appears to be a nice comp. So does a better scoring Raja Bell.

Wes Matthews is a great one. Stout defender who could score 15-18ppg when needed. In his prime, lots of teams coveted him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Don't cry, b/c CJ will never be the defender/rebounder that Hart is also.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

McCollum is a legit second scoring option, Hart is a bench player if we have success in free agency. Just as someone predicted that Ingram will average 18 ppg with George and Lebron, thinking that Hart would average double digits with them is off base. If we are going to bring in two hired guns, we need to temper expectations for our young players.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

^Keep hating on Ingram VLF. It's cool. Thinking Hart becomes McCollum is not within the same stratosphere as predicting that Ingram could score 18 mph as a third option behind Lebron and George.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Another good comp for Hart is Marquis Daniels, Daniels was known as a guy who can play D and have a knock for grabbing rebs at 6”6. he played a similar style.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

He's a project 5 with a 7'5" wingspan and near automatic midrange jumper to 19'.

Shrug.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
not comparing him CJ McCollum but i think CJ was also 22 years when he came in league. hart just turned 23

1st 2 years he averaged 5.3 and 6.8 before exploding to 20.8 and 23 following 2 years

Okay as much as I love Josh Hart since he's my favorite player, no.

Let's put some context into this.
CJ McCollum shot 51.6% behind the arc at the NCAA level during his last year. His ball-handling isolation is unparalleled, and that's how Lehigh even got on the map to put him in the lottery in the first place. They beat Duke in the tournament.

It's weird, because watching McCollum now, he's still not as refined with his handle as he was back then.

If Josh Hart had those hands, KCP would be sitting down.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Keep hating on Ingram VLF. It's cool. Thinking Hart becomes McCollum is not within the same stratosphere as predicting that Ingram could score 18 mph as a third option behind Lebron and George.

18 mph is way underselling him. I think BI could easily run a 12.4 second 100m dash. Whether or not he's behind LeBron and George.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

18 mph is way underselling him. I think BI could easily run a 12.4 second 100m dash. Whether or not he's behind LeBron and George.

"Agreed!"
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I was talking about Andre...😒

Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

McCollum is a legit second scoring option, Hart is a bench player if we have success in free agency. Just as someone predicted that Ingram will average 18 ppg with George and Lebron, thinking that Hart would average double digits with them is off base. If we are going to bring in two hired guns, we need to temper expectations for our young players.

You had Ingram's peak as a 15/5/3 last off season. I remember that post vividly, tempt me and I'll spend 2 hours of my life searching for that (bleep).

Like Kuzma said, "temper this dick".
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

40% 3pt
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
40% 3pt

This reminds me of posts at the beginning of the thread...we missed on White and Pop stole him at #29...should have drafted Bradley...he's too slow...he only shoots 33% on catch & shoot...he only shoots 33% off the dribble (but he made 40% 3's of balls he found on the floor apparently). Another poster said Hart's % would fall after it rose into the mid 30's in the last couple of months, thus it's a shame he's not that good. After making 40% 3's in college, Hart improved by making the same % from NBA range after a slow start.

It seems now that few here learned that we shouldn't expect the future to look the way it does today. Hart, Ingram, and Randle are living proof of that.

Last edited by lakersboy on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

It isn’t hating on Ingram, I said the same thing about Randle and Kuzma. If we bring in two star players who will average 20-25 ppg each then those points have to come from somewhere. I could see the guys who averaged 16-18 ppg this year getting 10-12 ppg next season with two stars.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

It isn’t hating on Ingram, I said the same thing about Randle and Kuzma. If we bring in two star players who will average 20-25 ppg each then those points have to come from somewhere. I could see the guys who averaged 16-18 ppg this year getting 10-12 ppg next season with two stars.
If that's true, this is going to be a very low scoring team. With this team's pace, they could easily have a couple current guys scoring in the upper teens if George and LeBron scored 20-25 ppt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 95 of 163
Jump to: