OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I was pretty disappointed in Zu this season. Last season he looked like a young guy with good offensive attributes who needed to work on his body and his aggressiveness. He came into camp weak for some reason, although he had lost weight the just looked out of sorts and had very little energy. He looked better towards the end of the season, but I donít think made any progress this season. Statistically he was basically the same player, his 2pt shooting was down, hit FT shooting up...otherwise just about the same down the line.

I would not be Surprised if we declined his option and focused our attention on getting a young C with Clevelandís pick, I like Jontay Porter a lot. Maybe see if there is a different project that we can work on that has more of a nose for defense and is more athletic.
HOF Rookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

I think we keep Zu, mainly because he is cheap and has zero trade value at this time.

He plays too straight up and down. When he has the ball in his hands, he doesnít create any space, defenders crowd him and he isnít able to make a move.

He has to have a Julius type of offseason where he has a total transformation of his body. He said himself he didnít work as hard as he should have, and it showed.

Other than his ability to roll to the basket, he doesnít provide much of anything else.

Gotta show us something Zu, or else youíre gonna be a journeyman for the next 5 years before heading back to Europe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215
Page 215 of 215
Jump to: