OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 997, 998, 999 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
jg77 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Are the missed open threes and poor FT% due to his form or does he need a sports psychologist to help him deal with the mental pressure he's facing?

Nah, that shot is broken and couple that with the fact that he basically has no mid-range game and is poor finisher...:/

Luckily for us Lonzo does everything else pretty well that he is bust-proof imo.

The fact that his FT% was so much better in high school with the same weird form makes me think it's more mental than technical from the line. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/lonzo-ball/Xoz-LfTvEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

Exactly. He’s always been a shooter.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
He needs to follow the advice of an experienced, professional trainer - one with formal education in sports medicine and nutrition - and not his pops.

heard Woj on Golic and Wingo this morning say something similar....said he needs to listen to the Lakers, and not "Daddy Ball" this summer....seemed kind of aggressive for Woj.

Unfortunately, it seems like Lavar raised Zo to be a beta who never speaks against him or challenges him.

The way I see it is that he is correct in that he does "owe" his parents to a degree. I have no doubt they made many sacrifices to get him to where he is and the opportunities that he has.....so I get that. At the same time, I do think he will need to reach the point where he understands the best way to help his family is not to do what or how they always prefer, but just become the best basketball player/professional that he can which will create the biggest opportunities for everyone in the family. Lavar is always going to think he knows best...it is Lonzo's responsibility to actually choose what is best.

Every parent should sacrifice for their kids. Thats a part of being a parent. You choose to have kids, you need to sacrifice your life to raise them.

Also a part of being a good parent is letting them know that they don't "owe" you anything.

Lonzo making the NBA should be enough for LaVar. Just seeing your kid make it in this world should be enough.

LaVar really needs to live his own life instead of living vicariously through his kids.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Brittles needs to work on his outside shooting and staying healthy. His all around game is top notch.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
22 wrote:
cinimod wrote:
Anybody know if Lonzo worked out with Gunnar last summer or if he worked out in Chino Hills? And what he intends to do this summer?

He worked out with Gunnar after the draft.

He still eats stuff like bowls of cheese though lol. Needs a serious diet change.

Also I think Amoila is a lot better than gunnar when it comes to bball, I hope it's possible for Lonzo to get with him

We need to get all our guys in their with Randle's trainer.

I'm not sure if it's about Amolia being much better then Gunnar. I think last season Julius Randle had a mindset and drive that none of our young guys did.

Both guys know what they're doing, but our guys need to commit to it like Julius commit to the game plan Amolia put for him.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I mean this in the most flattering way possible. Lonzo reminds me of Rondo in multiple ways.
Both players think a pass ahead before the ball is passed to them. Both love to throw up court passes in transition by the time they hit halfcourt, And both hang around when the opposing team's big grabs a defensive rebound, so Lonzo/Rondo can try and grab a steal/pressure the ball handler full court.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
22 wrote:
cinimod wrote:
Anybody know if Lonzo worked out with Gunnar last summer or if he worked out in Chino Hills? And what he intends to do this summer?

He still eats stuff like bowls of cheese though lol. Needs a serious diet change.

Also I think Amoila is a lot better than gunnar when it comes to bball, I hope it's possible for Lonzo to get with him

I'm not sure if it's about Amolia being much better then Gunnar. I think last season Julius Randle had a mindset and drive that none of our young guys did.

Both guys know what they're doing, but our guys need to commit to it like Julius commit to the game plan Amolia put for him.

I agree. Randle had a great conditioning coach but it was Randle who had the mindset and drive to make it work.

Randle played 82 games this year, in spite of banging hard against centers all season. Randle set the standard for others to follow. Lonzo needs to reach that standard of putting conditioning first, above all else.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
22 wrote:
cinimod wrote:

I agree. Randle had a great conditioning coach but it was Randle who had the mindset and drive to make it work.

Randle played 82 games this year, in spite of banging hard against centers all season. Randle set the standard for others to follow. Lonzo needs to reach that standard of putting conditioning first, above all else.

Stop it. They have completely different body types.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
22 wrote:
cinimod wrote:

He said nothing about body types, Randle set the standards with his body transformation. That mentality is what the rest of the young core needs to have.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

First and foremost i would like to see Lonzo learn how to finish around the rim,
Coming into the league i thought Lonzo knew how to use angles around the rim to finish ....kinda like Rondo. What concerns me is not his lack of blow by speed or getting to the basket but knowing what to do when he gets to the basket.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

How did the lakers miss on Mitchell and decided to go with Zo?
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Lavar Ball
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

Mitchell and Tatum have been balling all year long. But if we went that route BI would be running point with Mitchell and with Tatum he’d be running it full time
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

Every damn year
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

Were you in the draft thread screaming for Mitchell?
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
22 wrote:
cinimod wrote:

Yes, they do, but that doesn’t mean that Lonzo can’t learn from Randle's commitment to conditioning.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

The ten teams that picked after the Lakers also passed on Mitchell, so it certainly wasn’t obvious how good he would be.

In any case, I am still predicting that Lonzo has the better NBA career. Lonzo is already better at everything other than shooting/scoring and he is more than a year younger than Mitchell as well.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

The ten teams that picked after the Lakers also passed on Mitchell, so it certainly wasn’t obvious how good he would be.

In any case, I am still predicting that Lonzo has the better NBA career. Lonzo is already better at everything other than shooting/scoring and he is more than a year younger than Mitchell as well.

I don't want to create a messy debate here but the ONLY people in the world who keep pretending like they'd take Lonzo over Mitchell are those on this board.

Lonzo is a great rebounder, really good defender, and he is a great ball mover but Mitchell is on a completely different level right now. Just as Lonzo can grow in the areas of shooting, handles, scoring, body, etc, so will DM.

But I agree that people shouldn't sweat missing on Mitchell... 12 teams did. In fact Denver traded him for Lyles and Lydon.

There is something about shooting guards at #13: Kobe, Booker, Mitchell.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

I'd still take Zo over every player in his draft.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

The don't call this place overreaction.net for nothing.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

It's at the point where I think Lavar Ball hacked everyone's accounts.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Mitchell is a year older than Zo. That's one thing. While Mitchell has a chance at being the next best Ray Allen or Brandon Roy, Zo has a chance at being a generational talent who may re-define the PG position.

Mitchell right now is ahead of Zo. However, Zo's ceiling is still higher. I think a debate between Mitchell and Zo, or even Tatum and Zo comes down to those who just see the numbers and can't see the impact.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

Eh, undersized shooting guard. I'll pass. The Lakers got the right guy.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Mitchell is a year older than Zo. That's one thing. While Mitchell has a chance at being the next best Ray Allen or Brandon Roy, Zo has a chance at being a generational talent who may re-define the PG position.

Mitchell right now is ahead of Zo. However, Zo's ceiling is still higher. I think a debate between Mitchell and Zo, or even Tatum and Zo comes down to those who just see the numbers and can't see the impact.

And this has always been the case when it comes to the proper evaluation of Zo.

I just like to recall his game against Phoenix from early this season as what he'll be looking more and more like as he develops his offensive skill variety and increases his core strength and explosiveness. I'm sure his body will hold up a lot more like that, later in the season. Then people will get the numbers they love to fawn over.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
markjay wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I don't want to create a messy debate here but the ONLY people in the world who keep pretending like they'd take Lonzo over Mitchell are those on this board.

Lonzo is a great rebounder, really good defender, and he is a great ball mover but Mitchell is on a completely different level right now. Just as Lonzo can grow in the areas of shooting, handles, scoring, body, etc, so will DM.

But I agree that people shouldn't sweat missing on Mitchell... 12 teams did. In fact Denver traded him for Lyles and Lydon.

Mitchell and tatum got drafted by playoff teams and people seem to conveniently forget that- I'm not the best player at LA fitness but once in a while when I get on a good team and I'm the 4th best player on said team?
I KILL IT...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
2019 wrote:
markjay wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

Mitchell and tatum got drafted by playoff teams and people seem to conveniently forget that- I'm not the best player at LA fitness but once in a while when I get on a good team and I'm the 4th best player on said team?
I KILL IT...

i want you on the summer league squad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 997, 998, 999 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 998 of 1688
Jump to: