OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1442, 1443, 1444 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
greek laker wrote:
if kawhi is in the trading block then lakers will make their move and at some time we ll have to choose between brandon and kuzma

Have people not learned their lesson of trading away players and assets for an injured superstar coming off surgery / rehab ?

We’re in the situation we’re in right now because of stupid moves like that in the first place.

Roll the dice on PG 13 and if we strike out, resign Randle and go after solid players like Avery Bradley, Will Barton, IT and shooters to fill out the team instead of G-Leaguers.

If Utah and Miami can make the playoffs without superstars, I don’t see why LA can’t next season if we add solid players.

The tricky part is to land them on 1 year deals..like the sixers did with JJ
I know its frustrating that Magic wont spend money to spend money, but i actually applaud him.
Magic could sign better players on mult year deals and improve the team but he doesnt want to get stuck being mediocre.
Imagine being a Detroit fan

I dont care about the spending part, as much as I do with possibly trading away 2 top-5 level prospects in the past 2 years for a player coming off injury / rehab (as great as KL is)

If im the celtics i give 2 young players.
For the lakers you cant if you give lets say ingram/Kuz...even if you get PG13 and leonard your gonna be capped and it wont be enough.

I think Celtics is at a dilemma. Their max players, Kyrie might be a lemon and Hayward doesn’t move the needle too much over Brown/Tatum... do you strip that team for Kawhi (gonna need Brown and Tatum just like spurs would ask for BI and Kuzma to start convo). Kawhi-Lemon Kyrie-Hayward all locked into mad contracts, is that a contender?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
All the Kawhi discussions. The Spurs have him on their payroll next season
so in negotiating they have some good leverage. IF he's traded it will not be
for a bag of chips, the Spurs will look to get a star for a star and then some, significant assets, etc.

Any pipe that the Spurs will sell cheap or pick up another teams trash, forget it...

IN. CORR. ECT.

He will be in the final year of his deal, and we've seen players in that situation get traded for less than expected in recent years. Furthermore, in this particular situation, Kawhi would be an expiring player who either was not offered the supermax or did not accept the supermax. Either way, if that happened, everyone would know that he was going to sign elsewhere as a free agent in the summer of 2019. If the Spurs don't offer it, it would be taken as a huge sign of disrespect by Kawhi's camp; he already thinks they mis-diagnosed his injury at first, so if the money is close to equal, he will get the hell out of there. If Kawhi doesn't accept it, then, of course, why would the Spurs hold onto him and get nothing in return? If he wouldn't take supermax money, why would he take less money to come back?

In short, they have limited leverage if he is not locked up on a supermax deal. They'll get something decent for him of course, but any thought that Boston would have to trade, say, both Tatum and Brown for him (or even Tatum at all IMO), or the Lakers both Ingram and Ball, yeah, that's not going to happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
I still don't see the fit in Philly. Embiid is a high usage player. He lead the NBA in paint points. Simmons is high usage player, he lead the NBA in touches . Simmons had more touches than James Harden and LeBron James.

I don't know how you guard Simmons and Lebron on the break, might as well just give up.

and those two will be on the break ALOT.

Give them a dominant big man and shooters? I see the fit lol

It’s intriguing. But 76ers really took off with JJ’s shooting and then added belly/sova. One will have to take the room exception and the other a min deal. They would also miss JJ’s shooting and can’t replace that though they get LBJ. so it would be a fundamentally different team. 3 guys who want the ball.

Wade and Bosh were the same way.

Bosh was the underrated key b/c his usage went down, and as a big man, he was an exceptional shooter.

Depending on how well the 76ers do, there could be consideration for the notion that they already have 2 superstars, and keeping the shooting depth is more important than sacrificing shooting depth for another "star."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Kawahi for Tobias Harris?

Of course that one poster is more enthusiastic about the Clippers trading for KL than our own players, and our own chances for trading for KL.

#ClippersGround.Net
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
God i just hope we get PG13.
Landing the first piece is the hardest. You have to convince that payer that the young guys are worth it.
I personally think Pg13 is a star but not a superstar, but landing him would be the turning point for this franchise to get back being competitive and appealing.

Yup. The first domino has not fallen and that's the toughest. Once you have a star anchor, much easier to make a recruiting pitch. PG13 is no guarantee by any means IMO.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:

Who would do lonzo for kawhi
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
deal wrote:
All the Kawhi discussions. The Spurs have him on their payroll next season
so in negotiating they have some good leverage. IF he's traded it will not be
for a bag of chips, the Spurs will look to get a star for a star and then some, significant assets, etc.

Any pipe that the Spurs will sell cheap or pick up another teams trash, forget it...

IN. CORR. ECT.

He will be in the final year of his deal, and we've seen players in that situation get traded for less than expected in recent years. Furthermore, in this particular situation, Kawhi would be an expiring player who either was not offered the supermax or did not accept the supermax. Either way, if that happened, everyone would know that he was going to sign elsewhere as a free agent in the summer of 2019. If the Spurs don't offer it, it would be taken as a huge sign of disrespect by Kawhi's camp; he already thinks they mis-diagnosed his injury at first, so if the money is close to equal, he will get the hell out of there. If Kawhi doesn't accept it, then, of course, why would the Spurs hold onto him and get nothing in return? If he wouldn't take supermax money, why would he take less money to come back?

In short, they have limited leverage if he is not locked up on a supermax deal. They'll get something decent for him of course, but any thought that Boston would have to trade, say, both Tatum and Brown for him (or even Tatum at all IMO), or the Lakers both Ingram and Ball, yeah, that's not going to happen.

Well talking of disrespect, how about KL being cleared to play by team doctors and he not even in the bench come playoff games, earning his millions Sunday on a confort chair @ his home and his team getting spanked in the playoff . I think the Tobias Harris and a pick is not far of an offer San Antonio will take.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Landing the first piece is the hardest. You have to convince that payer that the young guys are worth it.
I personally think Pg13 is a star but not a superstar, but landing him would be the turning point for this franchise to get back being competitive and appealing.

Yup. The first domino has not fallen and that's the toughest. Once you have a star anchor, much easier to make a recruiting pitch. PG13 is no guarantee by any means IMO.

True. We've been on the Paul George train for three years now. First, it was help locking up DeRozan, and then it was him playing toe-to-toe with LeBron, now it was this performance.

Every good game, or bad game he has, people are going to overreact. I doubt PG makes a decision based on 48 minutes of basketball. I love our chances with him because of the people in charge. I don't see Magic and Pelinka failing on their mission to bring this team back to contention.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I wouldn't. Just based on the roster duplication. Plus, you have to believe that San Antonio already has a PG they like.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

True. We've been on the Paul George train for three years now. First, it was help locking up DeRozan, and then it was him playing toe-to-toe with LeBron, now it was this performance.

Every good game, or bad game he has, people are going to overreact. I doubt PG makes a decision based on 48 minutes of basketball. I love our chances with him because of the people in charge. I don't see Magic and Pelinka failing on their mission to bring this team back to contention.

I hope so too. If he plays well, maybe he remembers that he was once an all-NBA player, or that Dipo is now probably the MIP/all-NBA team after leaving OKC?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

Lonzo alone won't get you close. He's not nearly good enough. Lonzo + Ingram maybe.

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I wouldn't. Just based on the roster duplication. Plus, you have to believe that San Antonio already has a PG they like.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Lonzo alone won't get you close. He's not nearly good enough. Lonzo + Ingram maybe.

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I wouldn’t give that much. Lonzo or BI alone is a great deal though
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject:

Considering KL is already showing that he is going to do things his way, would it be too much for him to demand a trade to a particular team?

He's reportedly cleared by the Spurs doctors but not his own, and he's declining to play in the playoffs. Not that far of a leap, no?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

Seems like Kawhi and his people have an agenda and it has nothing to do with his injury. There is an unrepairable relationship there. Just seems like there is more to the story than just the injury.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

I just hope the Lakers do not try to get into a bidding war with teams that have deeper assets to play with.

Lakers need to be "adding" pieces to the puzzle, not trade-off unilateral moves to acquire headlines.

I thought the entire point of going all-in for cap space was to improve the team in free agency. Why would they trade away players that add depth and quality to the team only to then be forced to pay the same players they should be targeting in free agency?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

It won't be Ball though because the Spurs already have a young PG that they like in Murray so it will have to be Ingram.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

It won't be Ball though because the Spurs already have a young PG that they like in Murray so it will have to be Ingram.

Lonzo and Murray would have no problem playing next to each other. I hope they’d prefer Ingram though.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I just hope the Lakers do not try to get into a bidding war with teams that have deeper assets to play with.

Lakers need to be "adding" pieces to the puzzle, not trade-off unilateral moves to acquire headlines.

I thought the entire point of going all-in for cap space was to improve the team in free agency. Why would they trade away players that add depth and quality to the team only to then be forced to pay the same players they should be targeting in free agency?

Yeah because the Lakers will lose badly.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Lonzo and Murray would have no problem playing next to each other. I hope they’d prefer Ingram though.

Yeah because the their hole will be bigger at SF thus why they want Ingram in any deal.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Yeah because the their hole will be bigger at SF thus why they want Ingram in any deal.

Give to get... if you want to turn the corner into a contender you have to to give something up.

The best and package I think Lakers should offer for Kawhi is Ingram, Randle, Cleveland 1st.

You do that deal, I guarantee LeBron and PG now have Lakers as their top destinations as well... don't know the math on it but if you stretched Deng, is their funds for all 3?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Or they see Lonzo as the better player and think him and Murray’s defensive versatility makes the fit less of an issue. We don’t know what they’re thinking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

The Los Angeles Forwards!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Los Angeles Forwards!

aka modern basketball
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He's reportedly cleared by the Spurs doctors but not his own, and he's declining to play in the playoffs.

Man, that's the real kick to the Johnson here.

What is really going on?

We're not to far from finding out.

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

Kawhi better have a great excuse. Otherwise, it reeks of prima donna stuff, which is a turn off for any team. All this seems so out of character compared to the guy's prior narrative. Yes, very strange.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1442, 1443, 1444 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1443 of 2680
Jump to: