OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1443, 1444, 1445 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Kawahi for Tobias Harris?

Of course that one poster is more enthusiastic about the Clippers trading for KL than our own players, and our own chances for trading for KL.

#ClippersGround.Net

Haha true. Jeanie is in his head. Can't seem to shake it off
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Los Angeles Forwards!

aka modern basketball

Ha. Just noting what an embarrassment of riches we'd have.

My #1 preference, if feasible:

PG13 (2018 FA), keep Jules, KL or Klay (2019 FA), keep young core.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Kawhi better have a great excuse. Otherwise, it reeks of prima donna stuff, which is a turn off for any team. All this seems so out of character compared to the guy's prior narrative. Yes, very strange.

I think from athletes perspective I agree with him. Look at all the shoe deals other key guys are getting.

Nobody is going to pay him if he is playing in SA but with no Marquee player in Los Angeles market, I see a shoe company paying him boat load to play in LA
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

PG on our team will be in MVP consideration. The time to make a big trade (if needed at all) is after next year once we figure who fits. We can then trade a young buck, Dung (who will be an ending) and change for a top player. We can follow it up with a big FA signing and we will have a realistic championship team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Kawhi better have a great excuse. Otherwise, it reeks of prima donna stuff, which is a turn off for any team. All this seems so out of character compared to the guy's prior narrative. Yes, very strange.

I think from athletes perspective I agree with him. Look at all the shoe deals other key guys are getting.

Nobody is going to pay him if he is playing in SA but with no Marquee player in Los Angeles market, I see a shoe company paying him boat load to play in LA

Not playing in a playoffs (if healthy) b/c of shoe deals/endorsement/spotlight does not come out well if true.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249566/Execs-Believe-Spurs-May-Not-Offer-Full-Supermax-To-Kawhi-Leonard

Reports are that the Clippers are engaged in trying to trade for Leonard.

i have no idea what a clipper deal would look like. not too many assets

A Boston package is the one to worry about, especially in Tatum or Brown up their stock in these playoffs.

And all kawahi has to do is say: he is not resigning and they won't trade either

Sure they would. Teams on the hunt for a title are fine with rentals, especially top 5 ones playing for a new deal. And especially ones with the assets to spare.

Ainge would call the bluff of walking away from a title team that can pay you the most.

So you're saying Kawhi, who has issues trusting SA's medical staff is willing to go to Boston and deal w their medical staff after what they did to IT?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Not playing in a playoffs (if healthy) b/c of shoe deals/endorsement/spotlight does not come out well if true.

If he's healthy, he should be playing. If he's not playing for any other reason (money, personality conflict, etc.), that does not bode well. Lebron clearly wants out (and wanted out in 2010), but kept playing. An endless number of players wanted off their team, but kept it professional. The same standard has to apply to Kawhi.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

If he's healthy, he should be playing. If he's not playing for any other reason (money, personality conflict, etc.), that does not bode well. Lebron clearly wants out (and wanted out in 2010), but kept playing. An endless number of players wanted off their team, but kept it professional. The same standard has to apply to Kawhi.

Exactly. If he's hurt, that's a problem. If he's not hurt, but he's not willing to play, that's a problem.

And I'm a HUGE KL fan.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Ya that part I missed. But after seeing what happened to IT, I would take care of myself 1st as well. Specially in contact extension summer
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249566/Execs-Believe-Spurs-May-Not-Offer-Full-Supermax-To-Kawhi-Leonard

Reports are that the Clippers are engaged in trying to trade for Leonard.

i have no idea what a clipper deal would look like. not too many assets

A Boston package is the one to worry about, especially in Tatum or Brown up their stock in these playoffs.

And all kawahi has to do is say: he is not resigning and they won't trade either

Sure they would. Teams on the hunt for a title are fine with rentals, especially top 5 ones playing for a new deal. And especially ones with the assets to spare.

Ainge would call the bluff of walking away from a title team that can pay you the most.

So you're saying Kawhi, who has issues trusting SA's medical staff is willing to go to Boston and deal w their medical staff after what they did to IT?

I'm saying the Celtics would trade for Leonard, even as a rental, if they thought he would help them win a title. Chances to win titles don't come around often. Boston is a threat for any major player that hits the trading block because they have an abundance of assets to deal. It's what Ainge has been waiting for.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

The Celtics have a ton of assets to offer. Everyone talks about Brown and Tatum, but I would take Rozier before both of them. They also have the Kings pick for next year. Their problem is there is no space to fit KL in their cap and I do not see them trading any of their big 3.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The Celtics have a ton of assets to offer. Everyone talks about Brown and Tatum, but I would take Rozier before both of them. They also have the Kings pick for next year. Their problem is there is no space to fit KL in their cap and I do not see them trading any of their big 3.

As KL has seemingly found his "voice," what if he gives no reassurances that he wants to be a Celtic? Will the Celtics really give up that promising core for a 1 year rental? Too risky IMO. I'd use that treasure chest for a longer signed player like AD over a possible 1 year KL rental.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

I think of the few reasons why I think the Lakers will have a chance to get Leonard is because of his camp willing to see him go to a big market, they know his shoe sales and endorsements and everything will skyrocket... if the Knicks weren’t such a hot mess they would probably in the conversation of trading for him but I don’t think he will go to a team that has no recent credibility of being relevant....
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

As KL has seemingly found his "voice," what if he gives no reassurances that he wants to be a Celtic? Will the Celtics really give up that promising core for a 1 year rental? Too risky IMO. I'd use that treasure chest for a longer signed player like AD over a possible 1 year KL rental.

No they will not. They also do not have a clear path to get it done. They are not going to trade their big 3 for different reasons. There is no cap room for KL without trading one of them.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Curious why Leonard (or any player) would not want to join the Celtics?

Also why would it be too risky to trade for him (or any other player)? Isn't Ainge just as likely to "know" the interest of a player as many propose the Lakers seem to be privy to? Or is it only Magic that has those back channel sources?

Lakers assets are cap flexibility and potential. Teams like the Celtics and Sixers have trade assets to spare. Lakers have to be patient and not get into desperate trading wars with those teams. They can easily overpay and still win. Not so sure the Lakers can say the same.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Curious why Leonard (or any player) would not want to join the Celtics?

Also why would it be too risky to trade for him (or any other player)? Isn't Ainge just as likely to "know" the interest of a player as many propose the Lakers seem to be privy to? Or is it only Magic that has those back channel sources?

Lakers assets are cap flexibility and potential. Teams like the Celtics and Sixers have trade assets to spare. Lakers have to be patient and not get into desperate trading wars with those teams. They can easily overpay and still win. Not so sure the Lakers can say the same.

The point is, why even risk it? Go for the guy under contract (AD) and offer that treasure trove instead of a guy who may give you a hint he may stay but is under no contractual obligation to do so. That would pretty much ruin what the Celtics have been building up. I think AD's the target, not KL.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I would too, IF AD were available. Nothing seems to indicate that he is.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

FWIW read what Celtic fans are saying about KL, they don’t want to trade for him cause they already have enough forwards, and they also would rather keep Irving if the Spurs asked for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I would too, IF AD were available. Nothing seems to indicate that he is.

Sure. But in terms of assessing risk/certainty, that's a lot of assets to give up for KL not knowing if he's staying. I don't think the Celts do that. Look at Irving. At least he 2 years left on the books when they traded for him. I think that's the risk level they will take, not on a rental KL.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Kevin love for kevin hart who says no
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

So is KL's uncle reportedly leading KL's camp right now?

I know KL's dad was tragically murdered soon after KL made the NBA, so maybe his uncle is running things for him. Is he based in LA? Does he want KL back "home?"
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

I'm confused with the logic.

The asset rich Celtics should not trade for Leonard because it "too risky" but the Lakers should?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I'm confused with the logic.

The asset rich Celtics should not trade for Leonard because it "too risky" but the Lakers should?

No. The logic is, you use that for guys who are under contract.

They did with Irving.

Doubt they do that with KL who would be an impending FA. So if he bolts, you traded away what should have been for a guy under contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

I'd rather not trade for KL either, b/c I want to see him play, and if his uncle is driving things, there's a chance he may join as a FA in 2019 and we keep our assets.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'd rather not trade for KL either, b/c I want to see him play, and if his uncle is driving things, there's a chance he may join as a FA in 2019 and we keep our assets.

If PG and LeBron come we can’t wait until 2019 anymore...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1443, 1444, 1445 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1444 of 2680
Jump to: