THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 869, 870, 871 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
IPK wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
We're moving further and further backward, and we weren't in great shape to begin with.

Cops Arrest 2 Black Men Sitting In Starbucks For ‘Trespassing’: Video

Woman Who Shared Philadelphia Starbucks Arrest Video Tells Her Story

Read more at
https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/04/14/philadelphia-starbucks-arrest-video/#kRi8bQhH4ZhPIpQI.99

Will you be going back to that Starbucks?
No. I can’t. And it’s right around the corner from my house.
Read more at https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/04/14/philadelphia-starbucks-arrest-video/#kRi8bQhH4ZhPIpQI.99

Shocking.

BIG HIT coming to Starbucks bottom line... possibly.. unless they get creative real fast.. this is all because of the one manager

Thought about making this its own thread..

One employee..
In 2017, there were 27,339 Starbucks stores around the world.

I can just imagine how this could affect a company that large

Excusing the employee who caused the incident wasn't a good look, but ultimately it won't matter.

Excusing? the employee.. I didn't go into all the details of my opinion because it shouldn't be confused.. hmm

Everyone was wrong...
The cops were absolutely insane to send 6 police officers.. what did the Racist PROFILING manager tell them?

the chief is black but is covering for the racists on the force..

They were treated just like Thugs.. all because of their skin color
Just like this poor young lad
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/us/michigan-man-shoots-at-teen-asking-for-directions/index.html

DMR, do you indict the whole corporation?

I would sue for all the BS that occurred.. I would probably sue Starbucks jus because they owned the place.

Can a business legally ask a prospective employee if they are a Racist or have racist feelings?

Maybe they should do a personality test.
When I applied for Sony in Eugene, Oregon they ran the locals through "eco-terrorist" personality profiles before hire lol.. Eugene was having a lot of trouble with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre_Arrow
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

"And you know how uncomfortable I am around pickles"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

In the darkest possible timeline can we just appreciate how the comedians have stepped up to the plate? All we need now is for John Stewart to come out of retirement.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Excusing the employee who caused the incident wasn't a good look, but ultimately it won't matter.

Read the article I didn't see any excusing. Does that mean the employee was dismissed? Did I miss something or is this what you mean by excusing?
Quote:
“Our store manager never intended for these men to be arrested and this should never have escalated as it did,” Johnson said in the statement.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

To bring 6 police officers for a customer that didn't purchase something

HOW MUCH DID THAT COST THE TAXPAYERS

(bleep) serious...

Quote:
who were taken out of the store in handcuffs by at least six officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/15/two-black-men-were-arrested-waiting-at-a-starbucks-now-the-company-police-are-on-the-defensive/?utm_term=.6a832a10d05f
Why isn't there a mall cop to resolve simple (bleep) like this..

6 or more officers pisses me off as much as the fact they arrested the men...

Black men trying to buy real estate in a piece of (bleep) city.. and you (bleep) run them off.. with your overpowering police presence for simple trespass

Go police something dangerous.. a (bleep) senior citizen volunteer could have done this job..

I guess they were lucky they weren't in Fullerton, Ca
https://www.google.com/search?q=kelly+thomas+fullerton+california
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

To bring 6 police officers for a customer that didn't purchase something

HOW MUCH DID THAT COST THE TAXPAYERS

(bleep) serious...

Quote:
who were taken out of the store in handcuffs by at least six officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/15/two-black-men-were-arrested-waiting-at-a-starbucks-now-the-company-police-are-on-the-defensive/?utm_term=.6a832a10d05f
Why isn't there a mall cop to resolve simple (bleep) like this..

6 or more officers pisses me off as much as the fact they arrested the men...

Black men trying to buy real estate in a piece of (bleep) city.. and you (bleep) run them off.. with your overpowering police presence for simple trespass

Go police something dangerous.. a (bleep) senior citizen volunteer could have done this job..

I guess they were lucky they weren't in Fullerton, Ca
https://www.google.com/search?q=kelly+thomas+fullerton+california

Well, to answer your question, since the police were on duty at the time and did not as far as we know incur any extra charges, that would mean no additional cost to taxpayers, it that’s not really the issue.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Opportunity Cost is reality

They could be serving warrants or searching for wanted criminals.. sure there are plenty of things they could've been doing other than taking care of two men who didn't want to buy coffee "Yet"
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Opportunity Cost is reality

They could be serving warrants or searching for wanted criminals.. sure there are plenty of things they could've been doing other than taking care of two men who didn't want to buy coffee "Yet"

I agree. I just think it’s a waste of time to talk cost when the larger issue is what’s important.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Read the article I didn't see any excusing. Does that mean the employee was dismissed? Did I miss something or is this what you mean by excusing?
Quote:
“Our store manager never intended for these men to be arrested and this should never have escalated as it did,” Johnson said in the statement.

Yes. It completely dismisses the employees role in instigating the incident. "Never intended for the men to arrested" . . . "never should have escalated"?

Please . . . the manager called 911 on two men doing nothing, what else did they expect. The cops handled badly, but it never would have happened had the manager not overreacted.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

An unhinged Trump fan just released a video about murdering David Hogg

This has always been out there, but thanks to Trump it is now mainstream, normalized and even "legitimate" to far too many . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
In the darkest possible timeline can we just appreciate how the comedians have stepped up to the plate? All we need now is for John Stewart to come out of retirement.

Trevor is cool, but Jon is special. Sucks he's not around or as vocal anymore especially in this current political climate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. It completely dismisses the employees role in instigating the incident. "Never intended for the men to arrested" . . . "never should have escalated"?

Please . . . the manager called 911 on two men doing nothing, what else did they expect. The cops handled badly, but it never would have happened had the manager not overreacted.
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

This Comey/Stephanopoulos transcript is looong. Can't finish it in 1 sitting.
But it is informative.
Comey has a strong ego. But at least he is self-aware about it. Which is more than I can say about Trump.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/transcript-james-comeys-interview-abc-news-chief-anchor/story?id=54488723
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

^fwiw, their sun signs are directly opposed.

dtj - June 14th

jbc jr. - December 14th
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, agreed. The manager is the one to blame here. That’s not say the police didn’t overreact as you said.

For that matter, Starbucks is getting a lot of blame here which I think is unwarranted. This looks more like a rogue employee who should be dismissed for their unprofessional actions.

I’m not sure I understand pointing the finger at Starbucks though (not saying you are DMR, more some ppl in general), unless one can make a negligence claim but it doesn’t seem that the employee was following any sort of order from above or a standard operating procedure of any kind.

For me, I hold organizations accountable when the action occurred as a result of reasonable negligence. Like if this person had a history of racist attitudes and they did nothing, or, if the organization itself instructed the employee in some way to respond in this manner.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

This seems to be an isolated case with respect to Starbucks. I've been to plenty of Starbucks where even homeless "POC" are sitting, even hunched over sleeping, and the store didn't ask them to leave.

Not sure if it's been asked, but do we know if the store manager who called the cops is white? If they're black does it change the story?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, agreed. The manager is the one to blame here. That’s not say the police didn’t overreact as you said.

For that matter, Starbucks is getting a lot of blame here which I think is unwarranted. This looks more like a rogue employee who should be dismissed for their unprofessional actions.

I’m not sure I understand pointing the finger at Starbucks though (not saying you are DMR, more some ppl in general), unless one can make a negligence claim but it doesn’t seem that the employee was following any sort of order from above or a standard operating procedure of any kind.

For me, I hold organizations accountable when the action occurred as a result of reasonable negligence. Like if this person had a history of racist attitudes and they did nothing, or, if the organization itself instructed the employee in some way to respond in this manner.

The woman who took the video, Melissa DePino, didn't condemn or blame Starbucks as a whole. Her complaint was about that location.

Quote:
Will you be going back to that Starbucks?
No. I can’t. And it’s right around the corner from my house

This is Merica, sue, sue, sue.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/985200901815140352?s=21
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

Transcript: James Comey's interview with ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos

LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
‘Insulted’ pro-Trump Spurs fans feel forced to choose between their team and the president

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/04/16/insulted-pro-trump-spurs-fans-feel-forced-to-choose-between-their-team-and-the-president
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
‘Insulted’ pro-Trump Spurs fans feel forced to choose between their team and the president

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/04/16/insulted-pro-trump-spurs-fans-feel-forced-to-choose-between-their-team-and-the-president

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
This seems to be an isolated case with respect to Starbucks. I've been to plenty of Starbucks where even homeless "POC" are sitting, even hunched over sleeping, and the store didn't ask them to leave.

Not sure if it's been asked, but do we know if the store manager who called the cops is white? If they're black does it change the story?

It was a white woman.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

It was a white woman.

Who, as of today, is no longer employed by Starbucks. Not sure if she resigned or was let go.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
“It is sad that Pop basically told my wife and my son and me for that matter that we were fools for supporting Donald Trump,” he said. “What happens when someone calls you a fool? You avoid them.”

Or maybe, just maybe you listen to a man you've respected for almost 20 years and reexamine your decisions.

Quote:
Similarly, she said she’s not watching the NFL while players protest during the national anthem, and she avoids movies that feature actors who espouse liberal views.

Snowflake, safe spaces, etc
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

This isn't Pop's first criticism of Trump. Here are a few instances. LINK LINK LINK If they feel that way now, why did they wait so long to voice it? These fans should have been gone long time ago.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 869, 870, 871 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 870 of 3663
Jump to: