Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Hart and TBryant for DLO if the Nets called in the off season.
Yes!
17%
 17%  [ 37 ]
No!
82%
 82%  [ 176 ]
Total Votes : 213

Author Message
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8951

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

like I said...a Rosetta Stone thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24923

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

No.

This is already a team.l
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
giordan0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

I was initially against the trade but Kuzma and Hart have more than proved their ability in the NBA. D'lo with his nagging left knee issues (same one he had the platelet injections for) have pretty much decided this trade for me.

Those two are pencilled in as our future starters.
_________________

_____________________________________
#MPLStheoriginallakeshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1821

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Hart for Dlo strait up, and I hated losing Dlo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

With the way Russell has looked, I’m not even sure I’d trade kcp for him, especially given his bum knee. I’m just talking from a talent and health perspective. Nothing to do with the cap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
With the way Russell has looked, I’m not even sure I’d trade kcp for him, especially given his bum knee. I’m just talking from a talent and health perspective. Nothing to do with the cap.


I actually think a lot of Lakers fans would take KCP over DLo is salary had nothing to do with it. KCP is a better defender and shooter while DLo is a better ball handler and passer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20273

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

No I would rather have DLO over KCP. KCP has low IQ and a chucker while being very overrated defensively.

But I would definitely take Hart over DLO now. Hart is a much smarter player on both ends of the court while being a very good shooter, finisher and strong rebounder and defender. The fact that Hart is capable of holding his ground against PFs is huge.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 2326

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Josh Hart>>>DLO on both sides of the court so no.


I don't know about that one. I love Hart and think he really fits, but if Dlo could reign it in and get with the tempo he'd have been a good fit with BI and Zo.


DAR has 100% free reign in Brooklyn with plenty of guards that could set him up, especially next to Dinwiddie.

It's frustrating to see his 3-point shot is down 32.6%. He's barely showing signs of the pull up midrange jumper he had in Ohio St.

It shows with his mid-45% shooting from 10' to the 3pt line.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/russeda01.html


I don't disagree, and this is why I've always said he's going to make for a killer Super Sub for a team some day. He's got great 6th man written all over him. His lack of progression in advanced stats is alarming but you can't deny his ability to get raw numbers in low miles it's.

My biggest question is why over the course of his three years, on all of these lottery bound teams, has he stuck around 26MPG. I thought last year it was because of Luke not wanting to play anyone over 29 MPG, but thought was completely discredited this year.

Im not a fan of D'Lo because I think he was a bit too "Hollywood" when he was here and thinks he's better than he actually is, but when that kid is rolling.....man..... It's a real joy to watch.

He’s always reminded me of Jamal Crawford with better vision ... maybe Jeff Hornacek or Steve Smith if he works really, really hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 2326

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Jamal Crawford with vision is actually not a bad player. Russell, like Billups, who he patterns his game after, just needs to learn behind an older seasoned, yet still viable, veteran like Terrell Brandon.

You play Russell behind a guy like Chris Paul or Dragic, Lowry, or Tony Parker, he’d get better faster, IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25695

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Josh Hart>>>DLO on both sides of the court so no.


well said.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25695

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Russell became a cancer to the Lakers, did nothing to help the team win if his 3 point shot wasn't falling.

I'd even hesitate trading Deng for him.


Deng can sit out games without a beep. That's being a team player.

on the other hand, the other guy doesn't start games, so he starts a (bleep)-storm, where the head coach ends up under the bus.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2014
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Dlo is an a-hole, nobody liked him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 1403

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hart just gives me those Fisher vibes. Not the missed layup or get lit up by Bibby vibe, but he's got that magic and championship intangibles. It really seems to be an extension of his character and the grit he developed from playing under Jay Wright @ Villanova. He's exactly the kind of player you'd want around superstars. Probably the type of guy who would step up in game 3 of the finals, when our superstars are struggling.

As far as Russell - I still maintain he has star (maybe superstar) potential once he figures a few things out. New Jersey is probably the best place for him to maximize his potential.


Superstar? Fringe all-star is probably best one could hope for with improvement and better health ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 3640

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

WTF. Dlo again. Time to move on and forget about him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16841

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hart just gives me those Fisher vibes. Not the missed layup or get lit up by Bibby vibe, but he's got that magic and championship intangibles. It really seems to be an extension of his character and the grit he developed from playing under Jay Wright @ Villanova. He's exactly the kind of player you'd want around superstars. Probably the type of guy who would step up in game 3 of the finals, when our superstars are struggling.

As far as Russell - I still maintain he has star (maybe superstar) potential once he figures a few things out. New Jersey is probably the best place for him to maximize his potential.


Superstar? Fringe all-star is probably best one could hope for with improvement and better health ...


"Fringe all-star" is higher than Hart currently projects to be. Unless he's CJ McCollum redux.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 96152
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

Why are we doing this to ourselves?
_________________
Lakers most hated list: 1) Celtics; 2) Mintz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 1781

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

Hart has already impressed me more this season than DLo ever did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 2326

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why are we doing this to ourselves?

Personally, I like exploring the past to see my own misguided opinions, the misguided opinions of the front office and other posters.

We’re here expressing opinions all the time. Nothing wrong with taking inventory of those here who are perpetually wrong and those who have some real basketball vision.

Kudos to those who have already admitted to their mistakes in originally freaking out to this trade announcement.

Funny how it’s okay to say if Magic doesn’t get George, James, or Durant that he’s a failure, but to analyze a trade that happened less than a year ago, with players that are actually on the roster, it’s somehow torture.

The OP asks a profound question: Is Hart better than Russell?

Many say yes. What’s wrong with that? More importantly, what’s wrong with sitting this one out if you have such a problem with the topic?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Yeeeeeeeesh this thread is already 7 pages? Can't people move on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9977

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

There's nothing wrong with revisiting the past. There's a lot of petty in this thread that is drowining out good discussion unfortunately.

I'd rather have DLO than Hart but Hart also fills a role that I think might be more needed on this team as it takes the next step. So odd that DLO isn't really an efficient 3 point shooter at this stage in his career.

There's also about a year and a half age difference between the two. It's really just pedigree and skill set that I just can't let go of quite yet. I still think DLO can have a true breakout year (thought it was this year before the injury) but I am also a bit less convinced he'll reach his ceiling and looking more at middling outcomes for DLO.

Remember that Oladipo was 25 when he had his career season.
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 2326

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
There's nothing wrong with revisiting the past. There's a lot of petty in this thread that is drowining out good discussion unfortunately.

I'd rather have DLO than Hart but Hart also fills a role that I think might be more needed on this team as it takes the next step. So odd that DLO isn't really an efficient 3 point shooter at this stage in his career.

There's also about a year and a half age difference between the two. It's really just pedigree and skill set that I just can't let go of quite yet. I still think DLO can have a true breakout year (thought it was this year before the injury) but I am also a bit less convinced he'll reach his ceiling and looking more at middling outcomes for DLO.

Remember that Oladipo was 25 when he had his career season.

If Russell is going to breakout it’s most certainly going to be with Brooklyn. Why? They have the versatile, athletic, pit bull defenders in which to flank him to balance out his earth boundness and general lack of “fight” on that end.

Levert, Hollis-Jefferson, Carroll, McDaniel, even Dinwiddie and Lin are all capable enough defenders to mask Russell’s lack of fight on that end.

He’s in a perfect situation to shine. He just has to stay healthy and maybe get a sports psychologist to shore up his mental/turnover issues.

As it stands, even if he blows up, it was a good trade for the Lakers. Pope, Ball, and Hart were the type of gritty, tough guards this team needed in establishing a defensive identity. This current team would’ve been worse with Russell in place of Pope and Hart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16841

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

If Russell blows up and becomes a 20+ ppg scoring all-star caliber guard he projects to be, then no it wasn't a good trade unless the Lakers sign a max free agent. Hart could be very good but he won't be an all-star. Again, unless he becomes CJ McCollum redux he projects as a fantastic backup 2 and a solid starting 2 in a pinch. He's a maintenance man as James Worthy would call him.

But if we could have stuck an all-star caliber shooting/combo guard next to Lonzo that was still on a rookie contract for 3 more seasons then I don't think you win that trade unless you sign an all-star caliber max in the off-season.


If the Lakers sign George for example, it's a win, because where would Russell's place be on the team if they signed George? He wouldn't be coming off the bench, and you aren't benching Ingram, so then yes Brooklyn would be the best spot for him.

But if we go into next year looking like we may have to start Hart at the 2, than that's good, but if Russell has a healthy season where he plays more or less like he started this season before the injury, you can't say that we got the better player.

WHAT Hart is however, is a great glue guy and maintenance/utility man that every team needs and he is very reliable and you don't have to attach "if healthy" to the description of him. Which is a very big deal in this day and age when projecting players and dependency.

As far as Bryant goes.. he's 2 years away from being 2 years away and his playstyle seems more akin to a stretch 4 than a 5. But he'd be on the perimeter more as a 4 and considering his lateral quickness is so far behind that Tarik Black crossed him up at the top of the key.. I have my worries about what his "2 years away" actually projects to be. But he's still young and can still work on his body so we'll see. Zubac is far closer to the Lopez mold than Bryant is however and actually can be effective against NBA competition.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If Russell blows up and becomes a 20+ ppg scoring all-star caliber guard he projects to be, then no it wasn't a good trade unless the Lakers sign a max free agent. Hart could be very good but he won't be an all-star. Again, unless he becomes CJ McCollum redux he projects as a fantastic backup 2 and a solid starting 2 in a pinch. He's a maintenance man as James Worthy would call him.

But if we could have stuck an all-star caliber shooting/combo guard next to Lonzo that was still on a rookie contract for 3 more seasons then I don't think you win that trade unless you sign an all-star caliber max in the off-season.


If the Lakers sign George for example, it's a win, because where would Russell's place be on the team if they signed George? He wouldn't be coming off the bench, and you aren't benching Ingram, so then yes Brooklyn would be the best spot for him.

But if we go into next year looking like we may have to start Hart at the 2, than that's good, but if Russell has a healthy season where he plays more or less like he started this season before the injury, you can't say that we got the better player.

WHAT Hart is however, is a great glue guy and maintenance/utility man that every team needs and he is very reliable and you don't have to attach "if healthy" to the description of him. Which is a very big deal in this day and age when projecting players and dependency.

As far as Bryant goes.. he's 2 years away from being 2 years away and his playstyle seems more akin to a stretch 4 than a 5. But he'd be on the perimeter more as a 4 and considering his lateral quickness is so far behind that Tarik Black crossed him up at the top of the key.. I have my worries about what his "2 years away" actually projects to be. But he's still young and can still work on his body so we'll see. Zubac is far closer to the Lopez mold than Bryant is however and actually can be effective against NBA competition.

_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8951

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

if DLO ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16841

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

the "if" is more about him remaining healthy than it is "if he puts it together".

If his floor was where he is right now (healthy) that's a 20/5/4 guy, that's a pretty high floor.

The only thing left is becoming a better version of what he is and remaining healthy.

That's the "if".
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB