The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1414, 1415, 1416 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Been waiting for the season highlights to come out for weeks now lol

His explosion really stands out from those clips, both offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his dunks from previous seasons. A lot of strong finishes in those clips.

Just as I was writing the above, looked it up - he had 50 dunks last season, and 99 dunks this season.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers do NOT bring Randle back, they better have a plan in place to bring someone physical to the roster to replace what he brings.

Otherwise, it is a big step backwards when we need to be moving all steam forward.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

His explosion really stands out from those clips, both offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his dunks from previous seasons. A lot of strong finishes in those clips.

Just as I was writing the above, looked it up - he had 50 dunks last season, and 99 dunks this season.

Can't wait to watch this!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Hope he works out with that trainer again.

In fact, I hope our entire team does!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Can't wait to watch GT gracias!!!

And me too Yinomes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
If the Lakers do NOT bring Randle back, they better have a plan in place to bring someone physical to the roster to replace what he brings.

Otherwise, it is a big step backwards when we need to be moving all steam forward.

Definitely cannot afford to lose him AND Brook. Preferably both are retained.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Watching GTs vid and all I see is how much better our jerseys looked last year
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

It seemed like he dunked a lot more often this season. I’m glad I’m not the only person tat noticed that. I wonder if there is anymore room to improve physically from randle or if the rest of his development will depend on skill/mental. I guess we will find out this summer.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Only dude I know who can get shredded behind an El Pollo Loco. 😂
I'd just get fat...
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

Who's out there that can replace Randle for less money? I can't think of anyone, so why the hell would the FO let him walk?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

that double clutch which in past looked like just tossing it up to the rim is now a purposeful move. Looking at it slo-mo at the video.. Randle actually hang in the air for a split second until the defender descent and kiss it off the window. This guy bring what Derrick Favors does plus more physicality, better handling and better everything. Favors make about $12mil this year so $14-16mil/yr I hope would do it and we get to keep the 2 max option open
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

The Booze has spoken.

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/986034961168793601

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Only dude I know who can get shredded behind an El Pollo Loco. 😂
I'd just get fat...

Ha. When I need some protein in a pinch, my go-to is a 2 piece skinless breast. I always have brown rice and veggies in the fridge. Get those macros.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Randle's getting better every year. Plus he's a beast. He put in the work every offseason to buff up and it showed, 82 games played this year. Unlike skinny boy BI and Lonzo, whose frail body can't handle the physicality of the NBA.

I would match any offer up to $18M/yr for him. Hopefully, no other team goes crazy for him because I'd really like to see him back in Lakers uniform.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm here to eat Crow. I really wanted Julius gone but he has made incredible strides. Looking forward to next year but I'll probably go back to bashing him 5 games in.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I'm here to eat Crow. I really wanted Julius gone but he has made incredible strides. Looking forward to next year but I'll probably go back to bashing him 5 games in.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Him and Cousins both will be.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just throwing this out there, you have some type of University of Kentucky affiliation. You are always hyping up the players from that school....
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just throwing this out there, you have some type of University of Kentucky affiliation. You are always hyping up the players from that school....

nope. Just answering the post.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?

I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it. If you look at it year over year from 16-17 to 17-18

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up
Blocks and steals about the same, less than 1 per game each
Defense about the same statistically

What he did improve on was his FG% around the basket, dramatically. Other then that he looked like a different player, but put up the same if not worse numbers down the line. I’m not sure that he really made a quantum leap forward other than he can finish around the rim better, which is good...it’s great actually.

His BPM and Per have him ranked somewhere between the 75th and 100th best player in the league, which is nice. He’s an average starter on an average team, a 1 or 2 option on a lottery team and a 4th or 5th option on a playoff team.

I don’t think holding onto him should get in the way of signing a max player, if we lose him..it’ll be a loss for sure because he’s a decent player, but I don’t think he’s a real game changer. He’s probably worth $10-12M, but he’s worth up to 14 if you can lock him up long term just on the potential that he could possibly learn how to hit a jump shot or improve his defense.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it. If you look at it year over year from 16-17 to 17-18

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up

What he did improve on was his FG% around the basket, dramatically. Other then that he looked like a different player, but put up the same if not worse numbers down the line. I’m not sure that he really made a quantum leap forward other than he can finish around the rim better, which is good...it’s great actually.

His BPM and Per have him ranked somewhere between the 75th and 100th best player in the league, which is nice. He’s an average starter on an average team, a 1 or 2 option on a lottery team and a 4th or 5th option on a playoff team.

I don’t think holding onto him should get in the way of signing a max player, if we lose him..it’ll be a loss for sure because he’s a decent player, but I don’t think he’s a real game changer. He’s probably worth $10-12M, but he’s worth up to 14 if you can lock him up long term just on the potential that he could possibly learn how to hit a jump shot or improve his defense.

How many guys are average starters on average teams at 23 years old?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up

Fair enough
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up

Also left out of his equation was that Randle was brought off the bench the majority of the year as opposed to starting the majority of the season the previous year and played less minutes than the season prior as a result of that.

Pretty sure if Randle started the entire year he averages the 20/10/3 he averaged after he finally got the starting spot back and the minutes to go with it.

But that was left out of that analysis.

But sure, we'll act like the 23 year old that put up 20/10/4 when he got the starter minutes and can guard all 5 positions and switch on point guards is only worth 10-12M a year -_-
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1414, 1415, 1416 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1415 of 1536
Jump to: