GOODBYE JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers Renounce Randle at his request, Who Then Signs W/ NOR for 2 years (1+1), $18m)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1414, 1415, 1416 ... 1501, 1502, 1503  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31789
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Been waiting for the season highlights to come out for weeks now lol

https://youtu.be/3KgDsPUreuE


His explosion really stands out from those clips, both offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his dunks from previous seasons. A lot of strong finishes in those clips.

Just as I was writing the above, looked it up - he had 50 dunks last season, and 99 dunks this season.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41169

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers do NOT bring Randle back, they better have a plan in place to bring someone physical to the roster to replace what he brings.

Otherwise, it is a big step backwards when we need to be moving all steam forward.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16248

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Been waiting for the season highlights to come out for weeks now lol

https://youtu.be/3KgDsPUreuE


His explosion really stands out from those clips, both offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his dunks from previous seasons. A lot of strong finishes in those clips.

Just as I was writing the above, looked it up - he had 50 dunks last season, and 99 dunks this season.


Can't wait to watch this!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36535

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:


_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93069
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Hope he works out with that trainer again.

In fact, I hope our entire team does!
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16248

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Can't wait to watch GT gracias!!!

And me too Yinomes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1535

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
If the Lakers do NOT bring Randle back, they better have a plan in place to bring someone physical to the roster to replace what he brings.

Otherwise, it is a big step backwards when we need to be moving all steam forward.


Definitely cannot afford to lose him AND Brook. Preferably both are retained.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30050
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Watching GTs vid and all I see is how much better our jerseys looked last year
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4344

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Been waiting for the season highlights to come out for weeks now lol

https://youtu.be/3KgDsPUreuE


His explosion really stands out from those clips, both offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his dunks from previous seasons. A lot of strong finishes in those clips.

Just as I was writing the above, looked it up - he had 50 dunks last season, and 99 dunks this season.


It seemed like he dunked a lot more often this season. I’m glad I’m not the only person tat noticed that. I wonder if there is anymore room to improve physically from randle or if the rest of his development will depend on skill/mental. I guess we will find out this summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5551
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Only dude I know who can get shredded behind an El Pollo Loco. 😂
I'd just get fat...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 9349
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

Who's out there that can replace Randle for less money? I can't think of anyone, so why the hell would the FO let him walk?
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9014

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

that double clutch which in past looked like just tossing it up to the rim is now a purposeful move. Looking at it slo-mo at the video.. Randle actually hang in the air for a split second until the defender descent and kiss it off the window. This guy bring what Derrick Favors does plus more physicality, better handling and better everything. Favors make about $12mil this year so $14-16mil/yr I hope would do it and we get to keep the 2 max option open
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

The Booze has spoken.

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/986034961168793601
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......


Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10491

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Only dude I know who can get shredded behind an El Pollo Loco. 😂
I'd just get fat...


Ha. When I need some protein in a pinch, my go-to is a 2 piece skinless breast. I always have brown rice and veggies in the fridge. Get those macros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 2905

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Randle's getting better every year. Plus he's a beast. He put in the work every offseason to buff up and it showed, 82 games played this year. Unlike skinny boy BI and Lonzo, whose frail body can't handle the physicality of the NBA.

I would match any offer up to $18M/yr for him. Hopefully, no other team goes crazy for him because I'd really like to see him back in Lakers uniform.
_________________
#TrustThePlan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4953
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm here to eat Crow. I really wanted Julius gone but he has made incredible strides. Looking forward to next year but I'll probably go back to bashing him 5 games in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31829

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I'm here to eat Crow. I really wanted Julius gone but he has made incredible strides. Looking forward to next year but I'll probably go back to bashing him 5 games in.

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16322

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hope he works out with that trainer again.

In fact, I hope our entire team does!


Him and Cousins both will be.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hope he works out with that trainer again.

In fact, I hope our entire team does!


Him and Cousins both will be.


Just throwing this out there, you have some type of University of Kentucky affiliation. You are always hyping up the players from that school....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16322

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hope he works out with that trainer again.

In fact, I hope our entire team does!


Him and Cousins both will be.


Just throwing this out there, you have some type of University of Kentucky affiliation. You are always hyping up the players from that school....


nope. Just answering the post.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 9349
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 1817

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?


I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it. If you look at it year over year from 16-17 to 17-18

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up
Blocks and steals about the same, less than 1 per game each
Defense about the same statistically

What he did improve on was his FG% around the basket, dramatically. Other then that he looked like a different player, but put up the same if not worse numbers down the line. I’m not sure that he really made a quantum leap forward other than he can finish around the rim better, which is good...it’s great actually.

His BPM and Per have him ranked somewhere between the 75th and 100th best player in the league, which is nice. He’s an average starter on an average team, a 1 or 2 option on a lottery team and a 4th or 5th option on a playoff team.

I don’t think holding onto him should get in the way of signing a max player, if we lose him..it’ll be a loss for sure because he’s a decent player, but I don’t think he’s a real game changer. He’s probably worth $10-12M, but he’s worth up to 14 if you can lock him up long term just on the potential that he could possibly learn how to hit a jump shot or improve his defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36535

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?


I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it. If you look at it year over year from 16-17 to 17-18

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up
Blocks and steals about the same, less than 1 per game each
Defense about the same statistically

What he did improve on was his FG% around the basket, dramatically. Other then that he looked like a different player, but put up the same if not worse numbers down the line. I’m not sure that he really made a quantum leap forward other than he can finish around the rim better, which is good...it’s great actually.

His BPM and Per have him ranked somewhere between the 75th and 100th best player in the league, which is nice. He’s an average starter on an average team, a 1 or 2 option on a lottery team and a 4th or 5th option on a playoff team.

I don’t think holding onto him should get in the way of signing a max player, if we lose him..it’ll be a loss for sure because he’s a decent player, but I don’t think he’s a real game changer. He’s probably worth $10-12M, but he’s worth up to 14 if you can lock him up long term just on the potential that he could possibly learn how to hit a jump shot or improve his defense.


How many guys are average starters on average teams at 23 years old?
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 1817

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?


I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it. If you look at it year over year from 16-17 to 17-18

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up
Blocks and steals about the same, less than 1 per game each
Defense about the same statistically

What he did improve on was his FG% around the basket, dramatically. Other then that he looked like a different player, but put up the same if not worse numbers down the line. I’m not sure that he really made a quantum leap forward other than he can finish around the rim better, which is good...it’s great actually.

His BPM and Per have him ranked somewhere between the 75th and 100th best player in the league, which is nice. He’s an average starter on an average team, a 1 or 2 option on a lottery team and a 4th or 5th option on a playoff team.

I don’t think holding onto him should get in the way of signing a max player, if we lose him..it’ll be a loss for sure because he’s a decent player, but I don’t think he’s a real game changer. He’s probably worth $10-12M, but he’s worth up to 14 if you can lock him up long term just on the potential that he could possibly learn how to hit a jump shot or improve his defense.


How many guys are average starters on average teams at 23 years old?


Fair enough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16322

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Would it be worth it to include Randle in a sign and trade for Kawai? Does that make us better, or is Randle going to be that good?


I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it. If you look at it year over year from 16-17 to 17-18

Julius per 36
Rebounding numbers down
FT shooting down
Assists Down
Turnovers up
PFs up
Blocks and steals about the same, less than 1 per game each
Defense about the same statistically

What he did improve on was his FG% around the basket, dramatically. Other then that he looked like a different player, but put up the same if not worse numbers down the line. I’m not sure that he really made a quantum leap forward other than he can finish around the rim better, which is good...it’s great actually.

His BPM and Per have him ranked somewhere between the 75th and 100th best player in the league, which is nice. He’s an average starter on an average team, a 1 or 2 option on a lottery team and a 4th or 5th option on a playoff team.

I don’t think holding onto him should get in the way of signing a max player, if we lose him..it’ll be a loss for sure because he’s a decent player, but I don’t think he’s a real game changer. He’s probably worth $10-12M, but he’s worth up to 14 if you can lock him up long term just on the potential that he could possibly learn how to hit a jump shot or improve his defense.


How many guys are average starters on average teams at 23 years old?


Also left out of his equation was that Randle was brought off the bench the majority of the year as opposed to starting the majority of the season the previous year and played less minutes than the season prior as a result of that.

Pretty sure if Randle started the entire year he averages the 20/10/3 he averaged after he finally got the starting spot back and the minutes to go with it.

But that was left out of that analysis.

But sure, we'll act like the 23 year old that put up 20/10/4 when he got the starter minutes and can guard all 5 positions and switch on point guards is only worth 10-12M a year -_-
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1414, 1415, 1416 ... 1501, 1502, 1503  Next
Page 1415 of 1503
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB