OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1044, 1045, 1046 ... 1111, 1112, 1113  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 19873
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 SPG (2.9%), 0.6 BPG (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 SPG (1.5%), 1.2 BPG (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 SPG (1.7%), 0.7 BPG (1.4%)
George: 13.5 PPG (54.2% TS), 6.4 RPG (9.8%), 1.8 APG (8.3%), 1.8 SPG (2.5%), 0.7 BPG (1.5%)
Ingram: 17.3 PPG (53.6% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.5%), 4.2 APG (17.7%), 0.8 SPG (1.1%), 0.8 BPG (1.8%)

*Other comps - Pippen, Marion, Prince and Middleton - were not in the league yet at 20 years old.


One analytic I've recently gotten into is USG% to TOV% ratio, a sort of "decision-making" indicator.

(same season as above)
Durant: 28.1 USG%, 12.9 TOV% = 2.17
Kawhi: 14.5 USG%, 9.1 TOV% = 1.59
Ingram: 22.2 USG%, 14.4 TOV% = 1.54
George: 19.3 USG%, 14.0 TOV% = 1.37
Giannis: 19.6 USG%, 15.6 TOV% = 1.25
Batum: 14.0 USG%, 11.5 TOV% = 1.21

Durant is obviously elite with that eye popping usage and still solid TOV rate. Kawhi perhaps gets a bump from his low-responsibility usage (plus playing on a well-oiled machine like the Spurs). Off the top of my head, Ingram probably had the greenest team around him (that is, who knows how many of his turnovers were from guys not doing the right thing). Despite that, really good number.
_________________
Lonzo Ball said Kyle Kuzma turned to him when they were down big 20 in the third and said, "I'm about to start going." Lonzo's reply: "All right, I got you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19039

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

That TS% would be better than the other 20 year olds if he were at least a 75%+ free throw shooter.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28609

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
So BI showed no glimpses of stardom this year? Really?

Gotta love the analysis of folks who watch the games with their eyes closed.


I don't think he did, doesn't mean I don't expect him to get there.
Reasonable minds can disagree, man

It’s just absurd to say otherwise. His play right before his groin injury was at star level. Was it generational, MVP level, or on par with being a superstar? No, but it was on par with being a perennial All-Star. I don’t know how any degree of reasonableness would say otherwise unless you have a totally different idea of what a “star” is than I do.


Yes. I thought he was good, but not all-star flashes level. I look forward to re-watching those games though

You don't think February Ingram showed all-star caliber play?


I guess my allstar threshold is a bit too high. I think - right under Paul George is an allstar caliber player. But the whole Hawks team did make the allstar game a few years ago..
Aldridge was the worst player on the West squad this year.. I think Ingram showed flashes of being not quitteee as good as Aldridge in the future. But I do think he'll probably show those flashes next year, ya

Fair enough. The West is unusually loaded in terms of all-stars, but 19/6/5 on 62% TS% for a full month as a physically immature 20 year old...


Didn't really know those were his stats. Verrr nice. I still didn't see perennial all-star potential flashes in those times. I saw good play for sure. I'm just waiting for more athleticism, a consistent jumper, and more activity on D. At that point I'll bow down.. and I think that will come (only question to me is how consistent the J will be)
That's just how I see it.. he looked solid to me.. which is great for a second year player, but I didn't see a whole lot that portended to be special
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
I have to admit all the optimism in this thread is making me feel better about Ingram.

Your OP still makes zero sense. You spoke of BI as a guy who's had a disappointing start to his career and has only shown brief flashes on rare occasions. He had a terrific season across the board. Your perspective makes sense for a guy like Zubac (though I don't think the FO is bringing him back next year), but it makes zero after the season Ingram just had.
_________________
”It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself.”

- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59511
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
So BI showed no glimpses of stardom this year? Really?

Gotta love the analysis of folks who watch the games with their eyes closed.


I don't think he did, doesn't mean I don't expect him to get there.
Reasonable minds can disagree, man

It’s just absurd to say otherwise. His play right before his groin injury was at star level. Was it generational, MVP level, or on par with being a superstar? No, but it was on par with being a perennial All-Star. I don’t know how any degree of reasonableness would say otherwise unless you have a totally different idea of what a “star” is than I do.


Yes. I thought he was good, but not all-star flashes level. I look forward to re-watching those games though

You don't think February Ingram showed all-star caliber play?


February Ingram = Best Ingram. If he does that for a year, I'm not sure he makes the All-Star team, but it's definitely a discussion. Too many talented wings out there can get their own shot so easily.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3866
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

2018 Player capsule for Ingram.. Excerpt below..

He also improved on the defensive end, using his 7-foot-3 wingspan to contest the NBA’s sixth-most 3-point attempts per game (4.2), while opponents shot 3.5 percent below their season average when defended by him.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180415-player-capsule-brandon-ingram


Luke Walton Believes Brandon Ingram Is On Track To Becoming NBA All-Star Excerpt below..

“Brandon was making, before he got hurt, in my opinion, he was taking those first steps towards becoming an All-Star."

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-luke-walton-brandon-ingram-nba-all-star/2018/04/15/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 2701

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
2018 Player capsule for Ingram.. Excerpt below..

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180415-player-capsule-brandon-ingram

Nice find. That shot chart is very interesting. Essentially, Ingram needs to work on his 15 foot shots.
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24263

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
So BI showed no glimpses of stardom this year? Really?

Gotta love the analysis of folks who watch the games with their eyes closed.


I don't think he did, doesn't mean I don't expect him to get there.
Reasonable minds can disagree, man

It’s just absurd to say otherwise. His play right before his groin injury was at star level. Was it generational, MVP level, or on par with being a superstar? No, but it was on par with being a perennial All-Star. I don’t know how any degree of reasonableness would say otherwise unless you have a totally different idea of what a “star” is than I do.


Yes. I thought he was good, but not all-star flashes level. I look forward to re-watching those games though

You don't think February Ingram showed all-star caliber play?


February Ingram = Best Ingram. If he does that for a year, I'm not sure he makes the All-Star team, but it's definitely a discussion. Too many talented wings out there can get their own shot so easily.


If he put those stats up for a year and we were over .500 I would bet my savings that he gets voted in. Whether he would deserve it is another discussion but the Lakers fan base (the one that voted AC friggen' Green in to start over Karl Malone) would vote him in by a landslide.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5622

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 SPG (2.9%), 0.6 BPG (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 SPG (1.5%), 1.2 BPG (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 SPG (1.7%), 0.7 BPG (1.4%)
George: 13.5 PPG (54.2% TS), 6.4 RPG (9.8%), 1.8 APG (8.3%), 1.8 SPG (2.5%), 0.7 BPG (1.5%)
Ingram: 17.3 PPG (53.6% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.5%), 4.2 APG (17.7%), 0.8 SPG (1.1%), 0.8 BPG (1.8%)

PPG Ranks
1) Durant
2) Ingram
3) Giannis
4) George
5) Leonard
6) Batum

TS Ranks
1) Durant
2) Leonard
3) Batum
4) Giannis
5) George
6) Ingram

RPG Ranks
1) Leonard/Giannis
2) Giannis/Leonard
3) George
4) Durant
5) Ingram
6) Batum

APG Ranks
1) Ingram
2) Giannis
3) Durant
4) George/Batum
5) Batum/George
6) Leonard

SPG Ranks
1) Leonard
2) George
3) Durant/Batum
4) Batum/Durant
5) Giannis
6) Ingram

BPG Ranks
1) Giannis
2) Batum
3) Ingram
4) George/Durant
5) Durant/George
6) Leonard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1607

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
2018 Player capsule for Ingram.. Excerpt below..

He also improved on the defensive end, using his 7-foot-3 wingspan to contest the NBA’s sixth-most 3-point attempts per game (4.2), while opponents shot 3.5 percent below their season average when defended by him.


That's good news. He's got the length and quickness to be an elite help defender, too. Once he starts reading plays better, there's no reason he shouldn't be blocking over 1 shot a game on help situations defending the rim. BI often gets lost off the ball on defense and that's been the chief concern I've had with him this season. Everything else except free throw shooting, thumbs up. Very good strides for a young second year player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82040
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 SPG (2.9%), 0.6 BPG (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 SPG (1.5%), 1.2 BPG (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 SPG (1.7%), 0.7 BPG (1.4%)
George: 13.5 PPG (54.2% TS), 6.4 RPG (9.8%), 1.8 APG (8.3%), 1.8 SPG (2.5%), 0.7 BPG (1.5%)
Ingram: 17.3 PPG (53.6% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.5%), 4.2 APG (17.7%), 0.8 SPG (1.1%), 0.8 BPG (1.8%)

PPG Ranks
1) Durant
2) Ingram
3) Giannis
4) George
5) Leonard
6) Batum

TS Ranks
1) Durant
2) Leonard
3) Batum
4) Giannis
5) George
6) Ingram

RPG Ranks
1) Leonard/Giannis
2) Giannis/Leonard
3) George
4) Durant
5) Ingram
6) Batum

APG Ranks
1) Ingram
2) Giannis
3) Durant
4) George/Batum
5) Batum/George
6) Leonard

SPG Ranks
1) Leonard
2) George
3) Durant/Batum
4) Batum/Durant
5) Giannis
6) Ingram

BPG Ranks
1) Giannis
2) Batum
3) Ingram
4) George/Durant
5) Durant/George
6) Leonard


If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41002

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


What is your favorite defense stat?
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 11401

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
2018 Player capsule for Ingram.. Excerpt below..

He also improved on the defensive end, using his 7-foot-3 wingspan to contest the NBA’s sixth-most 3-point attempts per game (4.2), while opponents shot 3.5 percent below their season average when defended by him.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180415-player-capsule-brandon-ingram


Luke Walton Believes Brandon Ingram Is On Track To Becoming NBA All-Star Excerpt below..

“Brandon was making, before he got hurt, in my opinion, he was taking those first steps towards becoming an All-Star."

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-luke-walton-brandon-ingram-nba-all-star/2018/04/15/


This was around January, when I expected him to get more comfortable and show his skillset. I expect a lot more from him at the start of next season. A more mature and stronger Ingram will cause a lot of havoc to most teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13387

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


What is your favorite defense stat?

Incidentally Daryl Morey did an AMA on reddit (basically reddit users ask him questions and he answers whatever he feels like answering) and he explicitly said all the publicly available defensive metrics are bad and no team uses them.

Just FWIW. I always thought DRPM was decent but I'd defer to Morey.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 853

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
2019 wrote:
20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 SPG (2.9%), 0.6 BPG (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 SPG (1.5%), 1.2 BPG (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 SPG (1.7%), 0.7 BPG (1.4%)
George: 13.5 PPG (54.2% TS), 6.4 RPG (9.8%), 1.8 APG (8.3%), 1.8 SPG (2.5%), 0.7 BPG (1.5%)
Ingram: 17.3 PPG (53.6% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.5%), 4.2 APG (17.7%), 0.8 SPG (1.1%), 0.8 BPG (1.8%)

PPG Ranks
1) Durant
2) Ingram
3) Giannis
4) George
5) Leonard
6) Batum

TS Ranks
1) Durant
2) Leonard
3) Batum
4) Giannis
5) George
6) Ingram

RPG Ranks
1) Leonard/Giannis
2) Giannis/Leonard
3) George
4) Durant
5) Ingram
6) Batum

APG Ranks
1) Ingram
2) Giannis
3) Durant
4) George/Batum
5) Batum/George
6) Leonard

SPG Ranks
1) Leonard
2) George
3) Durant/Batum
4) Batum/Durant
5) Giannis
6) Ingram

BPG Ranks
1) Giannis
2) Batum
3) Ingram
4) George/Durant
5) Durant/George
6) Leonard


If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


To be fair his role is to leak out. He's not asked to bang as much as the other guys. He could still do better though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19039

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
2019 wrote:
20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 SPG (2.9%), 0.6 BPG (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 SPG (1.5%), 1.2 BPG (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 SPG (1.7%), 0.7 BPG (1.4%)
George: 13.5 PPG (54.2% TS), 6.4 RPG (9.8%), 1.8 APG (8.3%), 1.8 SPG (2.5%), 0.7 BPG (1.5%)
Ingram: 17.3 PPG (53.6% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.5%), 4.2 APG (17.7%), 0.8 SPG (1.1%), 0.8 BPG (1.8%)

PPG Ranks
1) Durant
2) Ingram
3) Giannis
4) George
5) Leonard
6) Batum

TS Ranks
1) Durant
2) Leonard
3) Batum
4) Giannis
5) George
6) Ingram

RPG Ranks
1) Leonard/Giannis
2) Giannis/Leonard
3) George
4) Durant
5) Ingram
6) Batum

APG Ranks
1) Ingram
2) Giannis
3) Durant
4) George/Batum
5) Batum/George
6) Leonard

SPG Ranks
1) Leonard
2) George
3) Durant/Batum
4) Batum/Durant
5) Giannis
6) Ingram

BPG Ranks
1) Giannis
2) Batum
3) Ingram
4) George/Durant
5) Durant/George
6) Leonard


If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


The thing about TS% though and why it’s such a flawed stat is that a lot of it is influenced by FT%. That 68% FT really hurts the percentage.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


What is your favorite defense stat?

Incidentally Daryl Morey did an AMA on reddit (basically reddit users ask him questions and he answers whatever he feels like answering) and he explicitly said all the publicly available defensive metrics are bad and no team uses them.

Just FWIW. I always thought DRPM was decent but I'd defer to Morey.


That is good to know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2386

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Ingram in Feb was driving at will and taking over some games. He took it at KD. Definitely had flashes despite his rocky start to the year. It was worrying me at first, he couldn’t finish at all and suddenly he changed that around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28609

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Ingram in Feb was driving at will and taking over some games. He took it at KD. Definitely had flashes despite his rocky start to the year. It was worrying me at first, he couldn’t finish at all and suddenly he changed that around.


His driving at will phase and Golden State game were in Nov/Dec. his Feb resurgence was him doing point guard, more measured stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82040
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


What is your favorite defense stat?


I’d have to say I don’t have one. Really hard to separate individuals from units. Offensive is easier because you can look at efficiency, volume, and impact on units. Harder defensively. Fwiw, I think Ingram has really serious defensive potential
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82040
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
2019 wrote:
20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 SPG (2.9%), 0.6 BPG (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 SPG (1.5%), 1.2 BPG (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 SPG (1.7%), 0.7 BPG (1.4%)
George: 13.5 PPG (54.2% TS), 6.4 RPG (9.8%), 1.8 APG (8.3%), 1.8 SPG (2.5%), 0.7 BPG (1.5%)
Ingram: 17.3 PPG (53.6% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.5%), 4.2 APG (17.7%), 0.8 SPG (1.1%), 0.8 BPG (1.8%)

PPG Ranks
1) Durant
2) Ingram
3) Giannis
4) George
5) Leonard
6) Batum

TS Ranks
1) Durant
2) Leonard
3) Batum
4) Giannis
5) George
6) Ingram

RPG Ranks
1) Leonard/Giannis
2) Giannis/Leonard
3) George
4) Durant
5) Ingram
6) Batum

APG Ranks
1) Ingram
2) Giannis
3) Durant
4) George/Batum
5) Batum/George
6) Leonard

SPG Ranks
1) Leonard
2) George
3) Durant/Batum
4) Batum/Durant
5) Giannis
6) Ingram

BPG Ranks
1) Giannis
2) Batum
3) Ingram
4) George/Durant
5) Durant/George
6) Leonard


If I had to rank those stats, the most important would be TS%, the rest being important but contextual to minutes and opportunities. Would rather see steals andblocks and rebounds per 36, and scoring is probably the least important of those to analyze.


The thing about TS% though and why it’s such a flawed stat is that a lot of it is influenced by FT%. That 68% FT really hurts the percentage.


That’s not a flaw, that’s reality. If you shoot a poor percentage, your efficiency suffers. True shooting has no bias. It is simply everything reduced to a percentage of an equivalent two point shot. Pure math.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59511
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

^My issue with the statistical analysis is context.

Only Ingram and Kevin Durant were considered "roughly" #1 or #2 options for their respective teams. Giannis, PG13, Batum, and especially Kawhi weren't doing as much high frequency shot creating/playmaking as either KD or Ingram.

With that in mind, it's going to affect TS%. I like Tatum, but the reason why he's shooting so phenomenally is because Kyrie and Horford take a huge load of defensive pressure off of him. Tatum parked in the corners and nearly hit 50% for corner 3 for half the season.

The pleasant surprise is Ingram's assist %. Seeing the floor is one of the hardest things to do, and even Batum was lauded for his playmaking abilities during his draft.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82040
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Sure, and that’s why the points per game don’t move me. Basically he’s an nba caliber athlete that was given the ball and a green light. Of course he’s going to put up some raw numbers (similar for assists really), but he’s doing it at bad efficiency, classic numbers on bad team stuff. Durant was able to do volume and efficiency because he was an obvious superstar in the making, and the other guys stuck to lower volume higher efficiency stuff. Nothing about those facts tells us that Ingram is a star. He didn’t have the high efficiency off ball stuff, and he was atrocious volume to efficiency with it. Until later in the year when he had a very very impressive run. There’s some noise there due to a pretty unsustainable shooting percentage, if there’s a lot to like there b
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3866
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

The same way that his rookie numbers now seem meaningless.. is the same way the not so positive takes from his current numbers will be meaningless a year from now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1739

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
So BI showed no glimpses of stardom this year? Really?

Gotta love the analysis of folks who watch the games with their eyes closed.


I don't think he did, doesn't mean I don't expect him to get there.
Reasonable minds can disagree, man

It’s just absurd to say otherwise. His play right before his groin injury was at star level. Was it generational, MVP level, or on par with being a superstar? No, but it was on par with being a perennial All-Star. I don’t know how any degree of reasonableness would say otherwise unless you have a totally different idea of what a “star” is than I do.


Yes. I thought he was good, but not all-star flashes level. I look forward to re-watching those games though

You don't think February Ingram showed all-star caliber play?


February Ingram = Best Ingram. If he does that for a year, I'm not sure he makes the All-Star team, but it's definitely a discussion. Too many talented wings out there can get their own shot so easily.


If he put those stats up for a year and we were over .500 I would bet my savings that he gets voted in. Whether he would deserve it is another discussion but the Lakers fan base (the one that voted AC friggen' Green in to start over Karl Malone) would vote him in by a landslide.


Game

Set

Match
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1044, 1045, 1046 ... 1111, 1112, 1113  Next
Page 1045 of 1113
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB