OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

This would be cool.

Quote:
Random thought. @Lakers we gotta play one game at the forum next year that would be crazy!

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/983213447209873408
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
I know it's blasphemy but this kid ceiling comp is who... Kobe? I mean he has good footwork and the big cojones part already

Horry without the defense

Uh huh
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
I know it's blasphemy but this kid ceiling comp is who... Kobe? I mean he has good footwork and the big cojones part already

Robert Horry’s best season was 12/6/3 Per 36.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Young Robert Horry could do some things offensively, but Kuzma as a rookie is far more able to create his own shot than Horry ever was.

I personally don't feel Kuzma's D is as bad as some make it out to be either.

This kid wants to be a star, he needs to be careful about carping on his own teammates too much, he is very cocky but all great players are.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Bruh kobe at the same age was a multiple time champion, all star and averaging 29 a game with elite defense.

I think kuzmas ceiling is more in the tier of a derozan type of player.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:

Bruh kobe at the same age was a multiple time champion, all star and averaging 29 a game with elite defense.

I think kuzmas ceiling is more in the tier of a derozan type of player.

Derozan is a great ceiling to reach
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Work on your handles and conditioning and you'll be an all-star. What's preventing Kuz from getting to the hoop more often is his dribbling. He can't take many people off the dribble right now; I think his dribbling might be a bit too high. Fix it.

It's ball handling AND his physique. He's too small and weak. Him, Zo, and BI really need to hit the weights and watch their nutrition this summer like what JR did last season.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

As a rookie, Kuz scored more PPG on better efficiency than Horry ever did. He's already a better offensive player than Horry by far. The defense showed improvement throughout the season and will only get better as he learns and improves his strength.

Kuzma's ceiling is a more well rounded Rashard Lewis.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

A more aggressive Antawn Jamison imo.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

Smh at the Robert Horry comparison. Kuz's already showed way more offensive arsenals in his rookie season than Horry's showed his entire career. Not close.

Antawn Jamison seems to be a good comp.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

I just read this. He earned his sociology degree at Utah in three years. Pretty smart guy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Robert Horry’s best season was 12/6/3 Per 36.

Horry played with the greats, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan. If Kuzma is that fortunate then those numbers would be applicable.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
“I get through a lot of situations,” Kuzma says, “asking myself what Kobe would do.”

<3

Nothing more I needed to know about Kuzma, he has single handedly made himself my favorite current Laker with this quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Definitely see the Antawn Jamison comparisons with Kuz already has a more advance offensive set already.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma was NCAA All Defense Team.

^ Yes, you read that right. Did anyone even know that?

I didn't til I saw a replay of that Spectrum interview with him. Had to google it, and sure enough, he really was All Defense:

http://www.nba.com/draft/2017/prospects/kyle_kuzma

Quote:
"Earned both NCAA All-Conference and All-Defensive team honors. Ranked 39th in the nation in rebounding (9.3) and 26th in double-doubles (15). Despite being plagued by an ankle injury, Kuzma earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors and honorable mention Pac-12 Defensive team honors after finishing fifth in the conference in scoring and fourth in rebounding. He led the Utes in both statistics, but displayed other skills as well, including passing. In a win over Montana State, Kuzma was one assist shy of a triple double after also racking up 16 points and 15 boards. Kuzma helped lead the Utes to a 20-11 record (11-7 in the Pac-12) and a spot in the NIT."

Watching that segment, he was basically a more all-around 2-way player. He wasn't known as a shooter in college, and kept being told by his critics he wouldn't make it far in the NBA if he couldn't shoot. So that's all he did in the summer, shoot, shoot, shoot, and he basically transformed himself into one bonafide shooter overnight.

So Kuzma's already got the defense.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

I didn't til I saw a replay of that Spectrum interview with him. Had to google it, and sure enough, he really was All Defense:

Quote:
"Earned both NCAA All-Conference and All-Defensive team honors. Ranked 39th in the nation in rebounding (9.3) and 26th in double-doubles (15). Despite being plagued by an ankle injury, Kuzma earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors and honorable mention Pac-12 Defensive team honors after finishing fifth in the conference in scoring and fourth in rebounding. He led the Utes in both statistics, but displayed other skills as well, including passing. In a win over Montana State, Kuzma was one assist shy of a triple double after also racking up 16 points and 15 boards. Kuzma helped lead the Utes to a 20-11 record (11-7 in the Pac-12) and a spot in the NIT."

Watching that segment, he was basically a more all-around 2-way player. He wasn't known as a shooter in college, and kept being told by his critics he wouldn't make it far in the NBA if he couldn't shoot. So that's all he did in the summer, shoot, shoot, shoot, and he basically transformed himself into one bonafide shooter overnight.

Yup Kuzma will be fine on D. With his work ethic and chip on the shoulder demeanor, he'll be a fine, fine player.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

I think so. Hes shown many flashes of great defensive instincts.

Hes a smart player. It's mostly just him needing to get stronger which is what this offseason is for.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

His college defensive accolade seemed like (bleep), tbh.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Kuz got nominated for best style. #BestStyle

Finalists released for fan-voted NBA awards show
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

His college defensive accolade seemed like (bleep), tbh.

Kuz is defending the wrong position in the nba.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject:

Kuz is not a 4 imo
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

Kuzma on offense is a 4/3 while on defense he is a 3/2.

It's been known the whole year that he's better defending against perimeter players.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

I think so. Hes shown many flashes of great defensive instincts.

Hes a smart player. It's mostly just him needing to get stronger which is what this offseason is for.

I think Kuzma's defense will start to shine as he plays more 3 and defends more 3/2.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/987450847792594945
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kuzma on why Los Angeles is an attractive free agent destination:

“Who wouldn’t want to play in L.A.? There’s sunshine, there’s great women, there’s great basketball. There’s so much you can do here, so why not come here?”

On being the team's vocal leader on the court:

“I kind of have to be because Lonzo’s 14 and B.I. has said ten words all year, so for me I’m the most vocal out of everybody. I feel like I can start helping being talkative, being loud and talking about things.”

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 289 of 880
Jump to: