governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
Joshua mandatory fight for WBA coming up, no Wilder

Easy payday for Josh. Why not???

Man, I wanna see Joshua - Wilder right now. Gonna be like Mayweather - Pacquiao, they gonna fight when both pass their prime
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:

Man, I wanna see Joshua - Wilder right now. Gonna be like Mayweather - Pacquiao, they gonna fight when both pass their prime

Sad but that’s where we are. Fight “should” happen in November or early 2019. Let’s tack on another year on Wilder. If they wanted the fight, it would have been.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:

Sad but that’s where we are. Fight “should” happen in November or early 2019. Let’s tack on another year on Wilder. If they wanted the fight, it would have been.

This is one of the many reasons I lost interest in boxing and will rarely (if ever again) dole out the cheese for a PPV.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

GGG vs. Martirosyan official @ Stubhub. Ticket prices reflect the fact that they're trying to make up for lost revenue. No way I'm going live, but disappointed in this fight. Vanes already had a hard time getting to the top at 154. I don't see any way he wins this one.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
GGG vs. Martirosyan official @ Stubhub. Ticket prices reflect the fact that they're trying to make up for lost revenue. No way I'm going live, but disappointed in this fight. Vanes already had a hard time getting to the top at 154. I don't see any way he wins this one.

I'm East Coast but have tickets to this fight and am looking forward to it - have heard good things about StubHub. Was planning on going to the Canelo/GGG rematch and had flight/hotel booked already so treating this as sort of a consolation prize since I've already got the vacation time booked from work anyway LOL.

My concern with the fight is much more with Vanes's long layoff (almost two years since he last fought) than his abilities. People are complaining out the guy like he's some B-level bum when IMO he's proven to be much better than that (at least at 154). His only losses are to legit, A-level guys and ALL of those losses were close, competitive fights - a couple of which you could've conceivably given him the decision (fights vs. Charlo and Andrade). He got a draw vs. Lara 5 years ago, back when Lara was in his prime - IMO Lara was one of the top 10-15 fighters in the sport pound-for-pound at the time.

Not saying Vanes is a monster but he's no walkover and was a decent/good option given the extremely short notice...
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I'm East Coast but have tickets to this fight and am looking forward to it - have heard good things about StubHub. Was planning on going to the Canelo/GGG rematch and had flight/hotel booked already so treating this as sort of a consolation prize since I've already got the vacation time booked from work anyway LOL.

My concern with the fight is much more with Vanes's long layoff (almost two years since he last fought) than his abilities. People are complaining out the guy like he's some B-level bum when IMO he's proven to be much better than that (at least at 154). His only losses are to legit, A-level guys and ALL of those losses were close, competitive fights - a couple of which you could've conceivably given him the decision (fights vs. Charlo and Andrade). He got a draw vs. Lara 5 years ago, back when Lara was in his prime - IMO Lara was one of the top 10-15 fighters in the sport pound-for-pound at the time.

Not saying Vanes is a monster but he's no walkover and was a decent/good option given the extremely short notice...

Vanes is game for sure, I just don't see him giving GGG any issues. It'll be great for him, if he does, since it'll lead to more big pay day fights in the future (if he decides to continue).

Congrats on going to the fight! StubHub Center is the absolute best place to watch a fight. Every single seat is literally a "good" seat. It's such a small venue that every seat feels like a premium seat. On top of that, the crowd is a true fight crowd.

One thing to be prepared for, if it ends up being hotter weather, there's not much shade at all, so if you're there for the prelims early, be prepared (if you're sensitive to lots of sun exposure).

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

A fight I completely forgot was happening this Saturday, but should be a good one.

Carl Frampton vs. Nonito Donaire

Showtime picked it up for online streaming (I think through their FB and Youtube page). Not sure why they didn't just do a live afternoon broadcast. It's not like they couldn't preempt any of the recurring movies or anything. Anyhow, wanted to update everybody, in case you didn't know.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

GGG out here ducking Derevyanchenko
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

My prefight analysis and prediction for Broner vs. Vargas: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/04/broner-vs-vargas-quick-prefight.html?m=1
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
A fight I completely forgot was happening this Saturday, but should be a good one.

Showtime picked it up for online streaming (I think through their FB and Youtube page). Not sure why they didn't just do a live afternoon broadcast. It's not like they couldn't preempt any of the recurring movies or anything. Anyhow, wanted to update everybody, in case you didn't know.

I have DTV have Broner vs Vargas on record ShowTime channel 545-546 6:00pm. Gonna watch the fights after the Thunder vs Jazz game. Pelicans swept Toronto.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
My prefight analysis and prediction for Broner vs. Vargas: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/04/broner-vs-vargas-quick-prefight.html?m=1

Fantastic breakdown. Thanks
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject:

Charlo, mandatory challenger to GGG... interesting
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Jemall matches GGG in power. War of attrition.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I have DTV have Broner vs Vargas on record ShowTime channel 545-546 6:00pm. Gonna watch the fights after the Thunder vs Jazz game. Pelicans swept Toronto.

Still didn't make sense to me that they didn't do broadcast for the Frampton vs. Donaire fight, since it was in the UK, so they still could have done the Broner-Vargas broadcast without conflict. In any event, Nonito didn't look good. He hurt Frampton late, but pretty much looked like he should retire.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

Jermall also has the reach/height advantage. I'd love to see the 2 of them fight.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:

Your analysis was pretty darn good. I had Vargas winning, even though it came out a majority draw with Broner getting the only winning card from the judges.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

Jermall also has the reach/height advantage. I'd love to see the 2 of them fight.

I think this is gonna be like Klitschko - Joshua ,champ vs champ... old guard giving way to new guard
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

My prefight analysis and prediction for Golovkin vs. Martirosyan: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/05/golovkin-vs-martirosyan-quick-prefight.html

I'll be at this fight though not familiar with the StubHub area (coming from D.C. area). Is there free parking at/near StubHub or do you do you have to pay to park?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Jermall's counter right uppercut on Williams is one of my favorite punches of all time.

Don't know boxing well enough to know which is the better twin. Too close to call for me.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
My prefight analysis and prediction for Golovkin vs. Martirosyan: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/05/golovkin-vs-martirosyan-quick-prefight.html

I'll be at this fight though not familiar with the StubHub area (coming from D.C. area). Is there free parking at/near StubHub or do you do you have to pay to park?

gotta pay ..... probably doesnt help you now with the fight getting ready to start.

Stubhub has seen so many great fights. I was lucky to be at that Bradley-Provo fight in 2013 FOTY and 2014 FOTY Matthysse-Molina. Very intimate place and when Haymon fighters were on Golden Boy cards, being on the floor was where it was.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:

This is one of the many reasons I lost interest in boxing and will rarely (if ever again) dole out the cheese for a PPV.

There won't be a PPV fight happening in a while because there's really no interest in a big fight except for Joshua vs. Wilder and they're dragging their asses.

PPV used to be fights that you paid for because you wanted to see a really solid fight. No one is boxing creates any real buzz to where you're going to reach into your pockets and drop serious coin.

I mean Floyd had to literally be a d!ckhole in order to get people to pay to watch him lose. He wasn't seeing any real PPV loot while with Top Rank.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Hopefully the networks don't get involved because GGG fights on HBO and Charlo on Showtime. See Adonis Stevenson. All the top 175ers were on HBO. He fights on Showtime an was left fighting practically nobodies. Could be the same with Charlo.

Canelo, Jacobs and GGG are on HBO
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Vanes probably needs to think about hanging them up. Cant be that inactive. Something must be up n the fact that hes with Don King says a lot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 449 of 514
Jump to: