OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1493, 1494, 1495 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I do think they might have interest in Randle, assuming Popovich stays on as coach. Pop likes him a lot.

I read this a lot here. Where is this coming from?

Pop said nice things about him at the USA basketball workouts and it has morphed here to true love.

If Randle is a jumpshot away from stardom, SA is the best place to go. Spurs could have a franchise player for half the price.

How would he be half the price making a max deal? SA seems pretty conservative when it comes to paying folks. I can't see them wanting to give the max to someone based on potential, especially when they already have a good PF.

This is me presuming Randle gets something in the area of 16-18 million a year. Apparently he's asking for 20, and that's still well below his "max." I should have clarified this, but the "Max" I was referring to is the 30-35 mil most franchise players command.

GT posted something recently showing Randle in a group of 7 guys with High Usage/High efficiency offense. He was the only guy who wasn't an all-star, and the only guy without a jumpshot. I don't see anybody turning Randle into Klay Thompson, but I don't think Iguodala level is impossible (not great, but you don't play 5 feet off him and dare him to shoot). You get that and you have a franchise player. It's the kind of offer I can see the Spurs making is all.

I guess my point was we typically don't see the Spurs shell out big $$ to players. Parker has never made more than 15M. Manu has never made more than 14M. These are guys that helped them win multiple titles. They did break the bank for Aldridge, when they had a contending team, and after Aldridge had proven himself to be a star player. They broke the bank for Leonard after he established himself as a star player and had a Finals MVP. Paying someone 16-18M based on potential seems to go against everything they do. They seem more likely to try and develop their own folks, and control cost, then pay big $$ to a young free agent that hasn't broken out yet.

That is why they would want rookie scale contract players.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Car54 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think you guys realize how big it would be for us if the Cavs lose to the Pacers in the 1st round, It increases our chances at getting LeBron as opposed to him going to the ECF or the NBA finals and being Impressed by the Sixers or Rockets and then deciding to join there team... so this is big IMO.

Stop It. Those teams in the east still ain’t as good GSW and Hou.

LeBron/Kawhi/PG and a bunch of good role players and vets can get pass Houston and GS

What good role players? We’re gutting the team to get them. GSW and Hou will still have their deep rosters

So I guess you don’t recall David West and ZaZa going to GS after they got KD, once the dominos start to fall a bunch of guys are gonna want to come to LA to play for a ring it happens every time a super team is created.

Seems someone doesn't recall us getting Antawn Jamison and Chris Duhon in 2012. Or Bryon Russell and Ho-Gro in 2004! Just sit back and watch the high profile ring chasers roll in.

Seems someone doesn’t recall how that team failed and was a disaster. Another reason not to trade away our players.

I thought invoking "Chris Duhon" would obviate the need for a sarcasm font.

lol
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

what about a scenario where PG13 stays Okc, but we trade for KL and use the rest of the cap to fill out the roster?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
what about a scenario where PG13 stays Okc, but we trade for KL and use the rest of the cap to fill out the roster?

That is the worst scenario. We give up young players to get Kawhi and then use the cap space on...KCP/IT/Brook? And then he says eff this and leaves next year?

IMO, Kawhi is not worth pursuing unless we know we get PG.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

That is the worst scenario. We give up young players to get Kawhi and then use the cap space on...KCP/IT/Brook? And then he says eff this and leaves next year?

All depends on what we have to give up.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I also think George is overrated, i think the team you just mentioned could be better than just adding George. Would love to land Klay next year.

Anyway im just throwing this out their for discussion purposes, a realistic approach would be to land George this offseason.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I also think George is overrated, i think the team you just mentioned could be better than just adding George. Would love to land Klay next year.

Anyway im just throwing this out their for discussion purposes, a realistic approach would be to land George this offseason.

You can add KCP/BRook/IT with George and keep the guys you traded to get Kawhi.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

You can add KCP/BRook/IT with George and keep the guys you traded to get Kawhi.

I know. I guess its all about how you value a payer. Not all Max players are the same, even if it looks good on paper. KL if healthy is a much better player than George IMO.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

in any dream scenario, we should calculate all things.
its not realistic to think that there is any reason for thompson to leave golden
state.it can happen ofcourse but its not realistic.if he ever becomes free
agent, then you see what you can do.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Im fine with giving up two players as long as its not both Ingram and Kuzma.

Landing KL guarantees another max signing in the future, not sure George does that for other free agents.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

When examining this KL situation and how great it would be to have a true great player... but I can’t help but to think how much it would hurt if Ingram is traded, you are talking about a guy who made significant strides in his 2nd year and will probably take another big step next year... Pop is gonna love Ingram. it will really hurt all of us if Ingram ends up being a superstar in SA even if Kawhi is putting up great numbers as a Laker.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
When examining this KL situation and how great it would be to have a true great player... but I can’t help but to think how much it would hurt if Ingram is traded, you are talking about a guy who made significant strides in his 2nd year and will probably take another big step next year... Pop is gonna love Ingram. it will really hurt all of us if Ingram ends up being a superstar in SA even if Kawhi is putting up great numbers as a Laker.

I understand the risk/reward, but imagine passing on a potential trade for KL only to find out we overvalue our players and none of them turn out to be all stars.

Totally get what you saying and i understand the cap part of it as well, but i can imagine a few scenarios where i would pull the trigger on a trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I understand the risk/reward, but imagine passing on a potential trade for KL only to find out we overvalue our players and none of them turn out to be all stars.

Totally get what you saying and i understand the cap part of it as well, but i can imagine a few scenarios where i would pull the trigger on a trade.

That is frankly why I think the Lakers are prepared to trade most of there youth. they know the potential market for stars and good players will be all over the map this summer, as far as I can see it I’m prepared to see a brand new roster with the young guys either traded for Kawhi... or one of the other players who might hit the trade market like a Beal, CJ, Wall or Lillard.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That is frankly why I think the Lakers are prepared to trade most of there youth. they know the potential market for stars and good players will be all over the map this summer, as far as I can see it I’m prepared to see a brand new roster with the young guys either traded for Kawhi... or one of the other players who might hit the trade market like a Beal, CJ, Wall or Lillard.

I wouldn't go that far, but i do think they would give up something like randle, ingram, and picks for KL, knowing they would more than likely land pg13 with cap space to spare.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Well I just think in retrospect for any rebuilding team looking to get to the next level, this summer is the best time to do it, the market will have a lot of players available and with the cap rising more teams will be more motivated to trade for stars.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNLosAngeles/status/987516132604063744

Even a realist person like Allen Silwa thinks we are gonna get someone this summer.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Allen Sliwa was a sales guy for ESPNLA and they gave him an hour block once a week to talk Lakers. Sure, he gets to interview the players sometimes at practice but let's not pretend like he holds sway... Marcellus Wiley is more embedded and he's a CLIPPER guy
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I know a past his prime, but well rested all time great wing that could use a 6th ring if we had a full proof roster.

Ok its 3am here, and I'm busy procrastinating on my work, but how freaking sick would it be if mamba un-retired his numbers to come back and play with Kawhi, PG, Bron, and the youngsters to rip off another 3 peat? Can we make this a possibility???
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I know a past his prime, but well rested all time great wing that could use a 6th ring if we had a full proof roster.

Ok its 3am here, and I'm busy procrastinating on my work, but how freaking sick would it be if mamba un-retired his numbers to come back and play with Kawhi, PG, Bron, and the youngsters to rip off another 3 peat? Can we make this a possibility???

This might be a good idea for peoples 2K franchise but there is no way Kobe tarnishes his legacy by coming back and ring hunting. His legacy is secure and he is now killing it outside of basketball also. He's never coming back.

I mean...he just won an oscar for christs sake.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
trablos wrote:
adkindo wrote:

This might be a good idea for peoples 2K franchise but there is no way Kobe tarnishes his legacy by coming back and ring hunting. His legacy is secure and he is now killing it outside of basketball also. He's never coming back.

I mean...he just won an oscar for christs sake.

One can dream...
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject:

I'm totally fine with trading most of our youth for legit star talent. If you're being completely objective, potential is a gamble. We have a lot emotionally invested in these kids because we've had to suffer for years to acquire them and have seen them grow season to season... but you can't pass on an opportunity to land guaranteed elite talent.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If I was you guys I wouldn’t be attached to Randle, like a lot of you did with DLo.... with the fact that he may be asking 4/80 ... look what else I found..

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/8dlc6p/julius_randles_last_two_instagram_posts_within_a/

He’s not coming back IMO.

he may not be back but that IG post is not any proof/sign of that outcome.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If I was you guys I wouldn’t be attached to Randle, like a lot of you did with DLo.... with the fact that he may be asking 4/80 ... look what else I found..

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/8dlc6p/julius_randles_last_two_instagram_posts_within_a/

He’s not coming back IMO.

he may not be back but that IG post is not any proof/sign of that outcome.

Randle-Allen wouldn't be too bad for Brooklyn to develop. They have $18mil I think if they let go Joe Harris
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

I woke up around 3 or 4 AM this morning....one of those weird times where your kind of wide awake at the wrong time. Flipped on the television, and the Cavs/Pacers game was re airing on ESPN. I began to watch and noticed something that I think is starting to support a personal theory.....we are seeing the beginning of Lebron James truly losing a step in his game.

It was not the first game that I noticed a similar trend with him....he comes out early in the game, and is attacking the defense.....getting to the rim, creating plays for teammates, aggressively rebounding, etc. By the 4th Quarter...he is mostly playing isolation basketball more often settling for contested 3 pointers and long jumpers while everyone kind of watches. It appears he is settling for these shots because he can no longer play aggressively from tip to end of the game. On one hand, he is still scoring late in games...his numbers still look good....but everyone else is barely involved and the teams production plummets. If he truly is showing a loss of step, declines of players his age can be rapid once they begin.

Anyone else noticed anything similar? Maybe he is just tired from a long season?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Why not, everything else here is fantasy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1493, 1494, 1495 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1494 of 2680
Jump to: