Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 431, 432, 433 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Anybody care about the Kevin Lee vs Barbosa today? Or cub Swanson vs Frankie Edgar?

Great fights! What channel is it on?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Anybody care about the Kevin Lee vs Barbosa today? Or cub Swanson vs Frankie Edgar?

Great fights! What channel is it on?

FS1 JB!!

Or follow @peejayMMA on periscope (that’s how I’m watching lol)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Thanks for the heads up, 22!

I had no clue. Those are both good (potentially great) scraps.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

No prob fam! Great fight for fox card
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Edgar v Swanson fight was a snooze fest haha

This Lee Vs Barbosa fight is insane!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I’m waiting on y’all to see the highlights of this one lol. INSANE
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

How in the world did Lee survive that? That was like the kick that stiffened Etiem. Otherwise, Lee completely pieced up Edson every which way but up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
How in the world did Lee survive that? That was like the kick that stiffened Etiem. Otherwise, Lee completely pieced up Edson every which way but up.

I’m still trying to figure out how he survived that man. Was looking like Bambi on ice out there! Major heart and intelligence!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I’m still trying to figure out how he survived that man. Was looking like Bambi on ice out there! Major heart and intelligence!

What's scary with Edson is the fact that his tank could still be on E and he still throws wheel kicks that can knock your head clean off. The crowd was super annoying. Lee put on a GnP clinic and was jabbing Edson's face into burger meat standing.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

What's scary with Edson is the fact that his tank could still be on E and he still throws wheel kicks that can knock your head clean off. The crowd was super annoying. Lee put on a GnP clinic and was jabbing Edson's face into burger meat standing.

Agreed, they were all casuals. How could you boo such a great fight? Both fighters gave it all they had.

Edson has unreal heart man. Couldn’t agree more that he’s still dangerous as long as he’s standing.

Someone on sherdog suggested Barbosa vs Gaethje next for a bloodbath. Part of me doesn’t want to see that cuz I worry about these guy’s long term health man
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Edson_Barboza_vs_Kevin_Lee_Full_Fight_UFC_Fight_Night_128_Part_2/10216970

forward to about 720 in this vid.. kick is in a couple seconds after
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Edgar v Cub was craptastic. I haven’t had that much fun since I took three Zquils.

I guess the potential that the fight could be a snoozer wasn’t completely unexpected. Cub couldn’t really commit to anything offensively because the takedown threat was ever looming. Frankie played it perfectly though. A very smart fight for him, strategically. Shame to see Cub’s stock drop after this one but that’s what’s about to happen from here.

Barbosa with that wheel kick almost made one of the most dramatic comeback wins I’ve ever seen. Credit to Lee, as noted. Dude took a death blow and responded like a G.

I have zero clue why Lee switched back to orthodox. He was obviously bothering Barbosa with the southpaw stance and that heavy right jab was the difference maker for Lee because his strong hand was out front. What a war though.

I’d love to see an Edson/Justin matchup. If there’s one fight that might make Gaethje wrestle (besides a fight with Conor) it’s probably that one.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Edgar v Cub was craptastic. I haven’t had that much fun since I took three Zquils.

I guess the potential that the fight could be a snoozer wasn’t completely unexpected. Cub couldn’t really commit to anything offensively because the takedown threat was ever looming. Frankie played it perfectly though. A very smart fight for him, strategically. Shame to see Cub’s stock drop after this one but that’s what’s about to happen from here.

Barbosa with that wheel kick almost made one of the most dramatic comeback wins I’ve ever seen. Credit to Lee, as noted. Dude took a death blow and responded like a G.

I have zero clue why Lee switched back to orthodox. He was obviously bothering Barbosa with the southpaw stance and that heavy right jab was the difference maker for Lee because his strong hand was out front. What a war though.

I’d love to see an Edson/Justin matchup. If there’s one fight that might make Gaethje wrestle (besides a fight with Conor) it’s probably that one.

wouldnt that be something for Barbosa too? The one guy who doesn’t wrestle and marches forward to strike finally breaks out his wrestling against him LOL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

wouldnt that be something for Barbosa too? The one guy who doesn’t wrestle and marches forward to strike finally breaks out his wrestling against him LOL

That’s all that dude should be expecting from here, moving forward till the day he hangs em up. The guy can be getting absolutely pummeled and worn, walking with near Ngonnu-like wobbly baby steps from exhaustion and still deliver a pinpointed kill shot out of nowhere. Anyone in their right mind is going to do their best St. Pierre when facing that dude. His future is now etched in stone lol.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Yup! No one should risk it on the feet with Edson lol

What do y’all think about the potential Askren vs Rory McDonald fight?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

First I’ve heard of it.

Don’t really know much about Ben other than what I’ve heard. I know Rogan pimps that dude like no other and that Dana White can’t stand him.

I've watched replays of a couple of his fights and he just looked like a dominant wrestler with no striking game to speak of. A real throwback.

Rory hasn’t looked the same since that second Lawler war and his subsequent switch to Bellator. But I’m glad that Askren is getting the chance to potentially have a notable name added to his resume.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

First I’ve heard of it.

Don’t really know much about Ben other than what I’ve heard. I know Rogan pimps that dude like no other and that Dana White can’t stand him.

I've watched replays of a couple of his fights and he just looked like a dominant wrestler with no striking game to speak of. A real throwback.

Rory hasn’t looked the same since that second Lawler war and his subsequent switch to Bellator. But I’m glad that Askren is getting the chance to potentially have a notable name added to his resume.

Basically started as a Twitter war between the two, and both their organizations tweeted about it too. I’m sure if they can get the money worked out it will happen.

I’m still new to MMA so I haven’t seen either guy fight. Kinda crazy that Askren & Woodley are close, and Rory & GSP are close. First ever UFC tag match? 🤣🤣

Last edited by 22 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

First I’ve heard of it.

Basically started as a Twitter war between the two, and both their organizations tweeted about it too. I’m sure if they can get the money worked out it will happen.

I’m still new to MMA so I haven’t seen either guy fight. Kinda crazy that Askren & Woolley are close, and Rory & GSP are close. First ever UFC tag match? 🤣🤣

He's a wrestle-fooker but he's also rarely if ever hit. The beast matchup would be Askren and Khabib. Probably the 2 best MMA grapplers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

You think they'd do it at 170lbs JB?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

New Rumor:

UFC trying to put together Bisping vs. Nick Diaz.

I'm all over that matchup.

They should put it on the same card as Khabib/Conor and put a camera on the crowd to catch all the action of the Irish/Russian/English/209 (Mexican) Battle Royale.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
New Rumor:

UFC trying to put together Bisping vs. Nick Diaz.

I'm all over that matchup.

They should put it on the same card as Khabib/Conor and put a camera on the crowd to catch all the action of the Irish/Russian/English/209 (Mexican) Battle Royale.

T-Wood would be so mad that he didn't get the Nick Diaz fight lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Woodley is a talented fighter but increasingly more and more annoying outside the octagon (where he's spent much of his time since becoming champ). He's like that one dude at work that's always isolating himself and then gets all butthurt later, complaining that he's being excluded.

Maybe this is a rumor being leaked by the Company to light a fire under TWood's backside to defend or vacate.

Personally, I'd like to see that fight too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Woodley is a talented fighter but increasingly more and more annoying outside the octagon (where he's spent much of his time since becoming champ). He's like that one dude at work that's always isolating himself and then gets all butthurt later, complaining that he's being excluded.

Maybe this is a rumor being leaked by the Company to light a fire under TWood's backside to defend or vacate.

Personally, I'd like to see that fight too.

I think Bisping or Woodley would be tripping over themselves for the opportunity to fight Nick. Too much $$$ at stake
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

22, those sparring sessions on Anatomy of Fighter are crazy.

Sparring with Kamaru Usman looks like The Machine in the Pit of Despair from The Princess Bride. Just sucks years off your life. But there Michael Johnson is, getting ragdolled for 40 minutes straight against him. Flashbacks of his fight against Khabib.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22, those sparring sessions on Anatomy of Fighter are crazy.

Sparring with Kamaru Usman looks like The Machine in the Pit of Despair from The Princess Bride. Just sucks years off your life. But there Michael Johnson is, getting ragdolled for 40 minutes straight against him. Flashbacks of his fight against Khabib.

Bahahahahaha!! You just motivated me to go watch that one! I saw the thumbnail and figured I'd save it for later.

Your description is too good ROFL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 431, 432, 433 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 432 of 499
Jump to: