THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 875, 876, 877 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Evangelical= white, hetero, patriarchal, xenophobic

Are you limiting evangelical to White? Can't it swell to any ethnic?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

My wants; House impeach, Senate convict, Trump brought up on criminal charges.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

This headline epitomizes our up-is-down, black-is-white Trumpiverse:

Trump won't attend Barbara Bush funeral 'out of respect' for family, White House says

Where not attending the funeral of a former first-lady is a sign of respect (because she loathed the man).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It can, but the evangelical ethos and power structure is very very very white and white centric. It is for all intents and purposes a white supremacy movement.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone still ever wonder why Comey, during an election, did what he did?

He is far more intelligent than a Britney Spears song

We like him because he is an enemy of Trumps.. but why did he try to harm Hillary Clinton's campaign and all of the Democrats?

I still don't trust him.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It can, but the evangelical ethos and power structure is very very very white and white centric. It is for all intents and purposes a white supremacy movement.

The Law of Conservation of Energy says: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed from one form to another.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The one thing that drives me nuts with Comey is that while I find him honest in matters of fact, his earnest Boy Scout routine also has a lack of humility and accountability. Jim, it is okay, even good, to say, “look, on that whole re-opening the email case thing right before the election, yeah, I really (bleep) that up”.

exactly.

The guy speaks some truth, but this entire press and book selling tour puts a bad light to it all. Hes trying hard to tell "the truth" and be free of blame.

Feels like a show. Everything.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The one thing that drives me nuts with Comey is that while I find him honest in matters of fact, his earnest Boy Scout routine also has a lack of humility and accountability. Jim, it is okay, even good, to say, “look, on that whole re-opening the email case thing right before the election, yeah, I really (bleep) that up”.

Comes off as a guy who thinks his (bleep) smells like roses. But he does possess something Trump doesn't. Self-awareness.
In his Stephanopoulos interview he acknowledges his own ego. Says he hires people around him that will at least try to keep his ego in check.
He doesn't admit he was wrong. But it's more than I've seen from the leader of the free world.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Chapter 3 in Comey's book gives rise to why he's against Trump. It's about bullying.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's also literally that nonwhite evangelicals are different than white evangelicals entirely:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-trump-and-race-are-splitting-evangelicals/
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
The Law of Conservation of Energy says: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed from one form to another.

That's the Law of Stupid too....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

We like him because he is an enemy of Trumps.. but why did he try to harm Hillary Clinton's campaign and all of the Democrats?

I still don't trust him.

I'm not crazy about his stated reason. When I heard him speak about it he said that Clinton's victory was a foregone conclusion, and he thought the info should come out before the election rather than after, so the public would have it before casting votes. Of course, he was dead wrong about Clinton being a foregone conclusion, and his comment was some corollary of the Observer Effect on steroids.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/house-republicans-lay-groundwork-for-rosensteins-firing.html

House Republicans Lay the Groundwork for Trump to Fire Rosenstein

--------------

Trump won't fire Rosenstein otherwise it will be obstruction of justice. So the GOP is going to do for him. GOP is just as guilty as Trump is. Nunes get documents, leak it out, and lies that FBI/DOJ corrupt. So need to fire the leadership.

Humbling that we cannot trust our Politicians to protect the USA before their own pathetic careers...

Will it ever change.. GOP/Republicans are the epitome of fascism and evil in this country and they don't give a (bleep) what you think..

Do voters really want these sorts of human beings paid with their tax dollars...

This has reached epic levels of corruption and near treason..

These are the people the citizens of These United States vote for... someone save politics.. give us people with integrity and honesty and courage to face their own demons and be better human beings for humanitys sake...

Watching politics has become really creepy
reminder: those politicians are humans and citizens just like you and I.

the same mentally ill people that went to the booth and voted for the donald are the same type of people that are in congress. no different. same mentality.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IPK wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The fun thing in all of this is you don't have to even know what any of the evidence is. The simple fact that this group is working so hard to end the investigation tells you all you need to know.

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:
Or as others have said, if Trump has done nothing wrong, then why is he behaving like a guilty person?

This x 101.

I think many believe Trump is hiding something. I also believe many want to know what it is. Is it taxes, collusion, dealing with prostitutes, what is it?

Query; Trump's being depicted in some media as a buffoon, which I think he is. Is this good or bad for the country in the long run, as a whole? I think it's time to stop airing his idiocy, it's evident, it's not helping. I believe it's achieving's are negative. Giving the world a view of America that's not what we are. It further weakens a weakening Americas influence in the global community.

Jo, you're not the first person to make this statement. I always find it funny when I see this from people. talking about america as a whole like we're such good people. No we're not. Be honest about it Jo. I know we've gone over this before. But lets go over this again.

America is the same place where people right now are still calling it Amerikkka. same country you and I are citizens of.

The same country with the #metoo movement
Same country where multiple sets of kids have to get shot up for the kids to march and get things done because the adults wont/can't for whatever reason. same America jo. same place.

Dont lie to yourself about what america is based on what you WISH it were or what IDEA of it you have in your head. You yourself may be a great person. But isnt it pretty darn obvious America is full of itty people(rich, poor). doesnt matter.

Did you see the demographics on who actually voted for trump? Did you see how many women voted for that guy even after what he said about grabbing em....?

Did you see how many hispanics voted for that guy even though they knew what he was saying about other hispanics or people of spanish decent?

Did you see how many broke class to lower middle class whites voted for this guy trump and keep voting republicans on the ticket even though their lives have gotten worse and worse and worse and worse and worse? Same america Jo.

This same america had the DNC being shady to another candidate a lot of people actually liked and trusted. the same candidate who said "enough with the emails already." and wanted to actually stick to the issues. Same America Jo.

We went from Bush To Bill To Bush to Obama to Trump. think about it. all of them have some good about them all of them have some bad. some have more good than bad and some others have more bad than good. and depending on the demographic/group you're talking to a lot of them have more bad than more good. Same America. Jo, if you look at those presidential picks it would seem to be America is Bi-Polar. wouldnt you agree?

I think this mentality of we're better than that is one of the main reasons we keep making these poor choices because in our heads we think one thing but in reality something else is actually occurring. We have to face reality first, Atone for the things that need to be atoned for. Admit guilt when guilty. Reconcile appropriately, then move on to bigger and better things. in that order. not, act like it never happened, or half admit it but never atone for it and keep moving along. You are only as good as the last time you said sorry and stopped doing what you did that made you say I'm sorry.

Would I rather be here than pretty much any where else? Sure. does that mean I think my country is better than this? NOPE. because I'm realistic.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IPK wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The fun thing in all of this is you don't have to even know what any of the evidence is. The simple fact that this group is working so hard to end the investigation tells you all you need to know.

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:
Or as others have said, if Trump has done nothing wrong, then why is he behaving like a guilty person?

This x 101.

I think many believe Trump is hiding something. I also believe many want to know what it is. Is it taxes, collusion, dealing with prostitutes, what is it?

Query; Trump's being depicted in some media as a buffoon, which I think he is. Is this good or bad for the country in the long run, as a whole? I think it's time to stop airing his idiocy, it's evident, it's not helping. I believe it's achieving's are negative. Giving the world a view of America that's not what we are. It further weakens a weakening Americas influence in the global community.

Jo, you're not the first person to make this statement. I always find it funny when I see this from people. talking about america as a whole like we're such good people. No we're not. Be honest about it Jo. I know we've gone over this before. But lets go over this again.

America is the same place where people right now are still calling it Amerikkka. same country you and I are citizens of.

Same country where multiple sets of kids have to get shot up for the kids to march and get things done because the adults wont/can't for whatever reason. same America jo. same place.

Dont lie to yourself about what america is based on what you WISH it were or what IDEA of it you have in your head. You yourself may be a great person. But isnt it pretty darn obvious America is full of itty people(rich, poor). doesnt matter.

Did you see the demographics on who actually voted for trump? Did you see how many women voted for that guy even after what he said about grabbing em....?

Did you see how many hispanics voted for that guy even though they knew what he was saying about other hispanics or people of spanish decent?

Did you see how many broke class to lower middle class whites voted for this guy trump and keep voting republicans on the ticket even though their lives have gotten worse and worse and worse and worse and worse? Same america Jo.

This same america had the DNC being shady to another candidate a lot of people actually liked and trusted. the same candidate who said "enough with the emails already." and wanted to actually stick to the issues. Same America Jo.

We went from Bush To Bill To Bush to Obama to Trump. think about it. all of them have some good about them all of them have some bad. some have more good than bad and some others have more bad than good. and depending on the demographic/group you're talking to a lot of them have more bad than more good. Same America. Jo, if you look at those presidential picks it would seem to be America is Bi-Polar. wouldnt you agree?

I think this mentality of we're better than that is one of the main reasons we keep making these poor choices because in our heads we think one thing but in reality something else is actually occurring. We have to face reality first, Atone for the things that need to be atoned for. Admit guilt when guilty. Reconcile appropriately, then move on to bigger and better things. in that order. not, act like it never happened, or half admit it but never atone for it and keep moving along. You are only as good as the last time you said sorry and stopped doing what you did that made you say I'm sorry.

Would I rather be here than pretty much any where else? Sure. does that mean I think my country is better than this? NOPE. because I'm realistic.

Your post verbosity glosses over my point. Which is It further weakens a already weakening American influence in the global community (His being depicted as a buffoon in the media)

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IPK wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:

This x 101.

Your post verbosity glosses over my point. Which is It further weakens a already weakening American influence in the global community (His being depicted as a buffoon in the media)

we did it with bush for 8 not 4 but 8 years. they already know we're idiots. we keep doing it to ourselves. The only reason the world community hasnt written us off is because they can't(we have the big guns, we have the money, we have the tech, we have a ton of resources).

but lets say for instance we didnt have the big guns. we would be toast by now. we would not have survived bush for 8 years from a global standpoint.

stop choosing idiots for your leaders and then you can look better. real simple. stop choosing selfish people to run your country and you just may have a shot at not looking like a selfish stupid country to some on the outside. and this has nothing to do with how bad or good the other countries are, we're talking about our country and how it looks to others. the reason I have to say that is because we know how some people get so caught up in their feelings when you talk about how america in any type of negative light.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

I still don't trust him.

I'm not crazy about his stated reason. When I heard him speak about it he said that Clinton's victory was a foregone conclusion, and he thought the info should come out before the election rather than after, so the public would have it before casting votes. Of course, he was dead wrong about Clinton being a foregone conclusion, and his comment was some corollary of the Observer Effect on steroids.
any reason why so much of the heat goes to comey when it should really be on that idiot weiner? anyone want to explain that? If it wasnt for mr anthony weiner. there would never have been a second investigation or a continuation or reopening of the original investigation.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

ha bill maher was great tonight and overtime on the utube

what i've never understood and been curious about the Weiner emails was: exactly how long would it have taken a team of agents to comb through the emails and the massive redundancies with the ones they already had???

didn't it ultimately get resolved days later or a week....i don't get why anyone doesn't pose this question

OR is it assumed it would have leaked by cryptkeepers like Guilliani (i started re-watching tales from the crypt after decades lol) and partisans out of the SDNY

anyways, as Director and with access to the amount of resources at his disposal, couldn't he have his team comb through them in a day for a pre-lim. report of some sort?

instead of investigating why does it feel, at least to me, like he freaked and (bleep) the bed and rushed to Press or is there something i'm missing?

like with the Russian's involvement in our election, we will never be able to measure or accurately assess what the full extent or consequences were of that or Comey's pronouncement and language.

with partisans ready to pounce you have to walk a fine line i'd imagine, and i think it would be disingenuous to assume, particularly for a man who admitted among his faults were ego, pride, arrogance, falling in love with his own beliefs & ideas, that no missteps were made.

history might prove a better record keeper of all the accounts....iono it seems clear as day to me that Trump is compromised.

hehe just read a Chris Hayes tweet something like i would love to be golfing on a Friday but like most people I have to work.

Comey's notes are pretty precise i dont get why republicans would want to release it?

"best hookers in russia....putin told me...." man god truly better bless ameriica and quick
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use...non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if...it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!
14,521 replies 9,203 retweets 39,934 likes

I dunno about you guys. But this sounds like the ramblings of a very innocent man to me. Especially the bolded part.
I like how he tries to guilt trip Cohen into silence at the end while simultaneously insulting the FBI and the fourth estate.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

^damn. That's pretty ballsie.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use...non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if...it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!

I dunno about you guys. But this sounds like the ramblings of a very innocent man to me. Especially the bolded part.
I like how he tries to guilt trip Cohen into silence at the end while simultaneously insulting the FBI and the fourth estate.

So Trump's 'lawyer(s)' (whoever they are) already setting up the defense incase Cohen, as they put it, 'flip'... this administration is insanity reality show to the fullest and we're the suckers
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

So Trump's 'lawyer(s)' (whoever they are) already setting up the defense incase Cohen, as they put it, 'flip'... this administration is insanity reality show to the fullest and we're the suckers

Is Cohen facing Federal or State charges? The Feds conducted the raid.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

You asked this before. To our knowledge this is a federal case, but they may be cooperating with the NY State AG.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

You asked this before. To our knowledge this is a federal case, but they may be cooperating with the NY State AG.

OK, forgot. If it's feds and I have it right NY can file on related charges. Trump's already indicated he'll pardon Cohen. Even if he does I believe his law practice is over.

This article made me ask again.

Could New York state prosecutors bring charges against Cohen even if Trump pardons him?

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

OK. If it's feds If I have it right NY can file on related charges. Trump has already indicated he'll most likely pardon Cohen. Even though I believe his law practice is over.

This article made me ask again.

Could New York state prosecutors bring charges against Cohen even if Trump pardons him?

LINK

From what I understand if Cohen is pardoned he can no longer use the 5th amendment to hide behind and can be forced to testify against trump
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 875, 876, 877 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 876 of 3671
Jump to: