THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 876, 877, 878 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

That is true.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use...non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if...it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!
14,521 replies 9,203 retweets 39,934 likes

I dunno about you guys. But this sounds like the ramblings of a very innocent man to me. Especially the bolded part.
I like how he tries to guilt trip Cohen into silence at the end while simultaneously insulting the FBI and the fourth estate.

So Trump's 'lawyer(s)' (whoever they are) already setting up the defense incase Cohen, as they put it, 'flip'... this administration is insanity reality show to the fullest and we're the suckers

Is Cohen facing Federal or State charges? The Feds conducted the raid.

You asked this before. To our knowledge this is a federal case, but they may be cooperating with the NY State AG.

OK. If it's feds If I have it right NY can file on related charges. Trump has already indicated he'll most likely pardon Cohen. Even though I believe his law practice is over.

This article made me ask again.

Could New York state prosecutors bring charges against Cohen even if Trump pardons him?

LINK

From what I understand if Cohen is pardoned he can no longer use the 5th amendment to hide behind and can be forced to testify against trump

This is a win, win for Mueller. I'm feeling better about Trumps reign.

Michael Avenatti predicted Trump won't finish his term, Bannon said something similar. I'm starting to believe that. I don't think he'll be impeached, I think he'll resign.

It could be labeled poetic justice if an adult film star was the reason for Trumps downfall.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand the optimism about Stormy Daniels or the Russia investigation ending Trump's presidency. The GOP is all in, regardless of what happens, I don't see them voting to remove him.

The only things I see changing GOP behavior are the results in November if it's a bloodbath (possibility) for GOP or his approval rating would have to plummet to the low 30's (don't see this happening). So basically it'll depend on results in November.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Today I learned there are 2 White Houses.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump Apr 21
Heading to the Southern White House to watch the Funeral Service of Barbara Bush. First Lady Melania has arrived in Houston to pay our respects. Will be a beautiful day!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Heading to the Southern White House to watch the Funeral Service of Barbara Bush. First Lady Melania has arrived in Houston to pay our respects. Will be a beautiful day!

Where is it located, New York or Florida?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

South of Heaven
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Today I learned there are 3 White Houses.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

yup
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yup
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Nixon used to call his San Clemente house "White House West". Trump is trying to do the same with Mar-A-Lago. At first they dubbed it "Winter White House" but I think they switched to "Southern" to pander to his Southern base.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I don't understand the optimism about Stormy Daniels or the Russia investigation ending Trump's presidency. The GOP is all in, regardless of what happens, I don't see them voting to remove him.

The only things I see changing GOP behavior are the results in November if it's a bloodbath (possibility) for GOP or his approval rating would have to plummet to the low 30's (don't see this happening). So basically it'll depend on results in November.

Yeah, as I have said before, waiting for something to come from all the investigations is pointless. It won't matter what Mueller every comes up with because there will be no ramifications for Trump. The GOP will find a way to spin it into nothing and excuse it away. It should be pretty clear that we all need to quit hoping for some kind of legal/legislative result from this Trump debacle. We all need to get out and just vote all these (bleep) out of office. It's the only way anything will ever happen to correct this obvious crisis. We can't expect this current group of politicians to do the right thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Nixon used to call his San Clemente house "White House West". Trump is trying to do the same with Mar-A-Lago. At first they dubbed it "Winter White House" but I think they switched to "Southern" to pander to his Southern base.

Hopefully we can sell it to the highest bidder or turn it into a homeless shelter after he is impeached and the IRS is done with him
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

What I also don't get is how Trump, GOP and foreign dignitaries can officially stay at his properties. Conflicts of interest/ethics 101.

When this is all said and done, and Trump falls, whoever supported him need to fall and face the consequences too. CEO of citibank, politicians, etc.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Yeah, as I have said before, waiting for something to come from all the investigations is pointless. It won't matter what Mueller every comes up with because there will be no ramifications for Trump. The GOP will find a way to spin it into nothing and excuse it away. It should be pretty clear that we all need to quit hoping for some kind of legal/legislative result from this Trump debacle. We all need to get out and just vote all these (bleep) out of office. It's the only way anything will ever happen to correct this obvious crisis. We can't expect this current group of politicians to do the right thing.

LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

I tried to watch a couple Candace Owens youtube videos.
If there is a more effective way to self-torture. I haven't found it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rather than a picture of increasing violence against Border Patrol agents, what emerges from the FBI’s data is that the Border Patrol’s job has never been safer. The decrease was so significant that by 2016, according to FBI statistics, Border Patrol agents were about five times less likely to be assaulted than officers in local police departments — and only half as likely to be killed on the job by homicide or by accident. As the Cato Institute observed in November, “Regular Americans are more than twice as likely to be murdered in any year from 2003 through 2017 than Border Patrol agents were.” But even as Border Patrol work was getting safer, the agency began manipulating its data to claim increasing danger and advance a political agenda.

Border Patrol Inflates Assault Stats On Their Officers

Last edited by Omar Little on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

South of Heaven
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Knowingly or not, Trump's Attacked Chuck Todd with "Sleepy Eyes," an Anti-Semitic slur

The article's headline gives Trump the benefit of the doubt.

I do not. Someone who has spent as much time around Bannon et al knows exactly what the term is all about.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

#5 A new First Lady???

Everything That Would Happen If Donald and Melania Trump Got Divorced

LINK

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Apparently no democrat was invited to state dinner with Macron. #(bleep)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Apparently no democrat was invited to state dinner with Macron. #(bleep)

Trump shuns Democrats and media with Macron state dinner

LINK

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

the pee tape just has to be real right..?

he lied to comey twice about not spending the night....lying about spending the night in russia? yeah, i'm sure everything that went down in that 40 hours wasn't shady as (bleep)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:

he lied to comey twice about not spending the night....lying about spending the night in russia? yeah, i'm sure everything that went down in that 40 hours wasn't shady as (bleep)

Trump is a sick man. I was watching All In With Chris Hayes. Trump said he didn't know a woman, I didn't catch her name, that he had taken a picture with. Said he didn't stay overnight in Russia, plane records prove he did. Chris listed 2 pr 3 more lies he told that were be proven to be lies. He's surrounded himself with proven liars. How long can this continue?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ani007 wrote:

Trump is a sick man. I was watching All In With Chris Hayes. Trump said he didn't know a woman, I didn't catch her name, that he had taken a picture with. Said he didn't stay overnight in Russia, plane records prove he did. Chris listed 2 pr 3 more lies he told that were be proven to be lies. He's surrounded himself with proven liars. How long can this continue?

At least another 21 months.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

If we take the House (great chance) and if we take the Senate (less likely, but possible), he loses his agenda and he can't get his judicial and other nominees through the Senate. The Dems can conduct actual investigations in Congress, take into account Mueller's recommendations, and then impeach him. I'm aware that he won't be removed from office in the Senate, but impeachment might actually drive him to a level of insanity we haven't seen. Huckabee-Sanders and her ilk can continue to lie for him, I don't care. Their lying only works on the base anyway. His presidency, as terrible as it is, can be limited in its destruction if we take back Congress.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 876, 877, 878 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 877 of 3663
Jump to: