ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:
At a news conference Monday, Special Agent Marcus Watson of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said Jeffrey Reinking could face charges for returning guns to his son, an act that was "potentially a violation of federal law."

As it should. The father should be charged with something. Love of a child is understanding, allowing that love to cause destruction has to be cured. Jail time would be my cure. A precedence has to be set.

I think our Govt has so many (bleep) up clauses

This is an ADULT Male
Considered an Adult for the last 11 years

The government NEVER should put the onus to protect us on some family member.. Never!

Never again shall this happen where a family member holds the guns.. The (bleep) police departments are open TWENTY FOUR hours a day..

I am confused why all of you are jumping on the father and not the stupid rule that allowed this

FWIW.. NO way in hell would Travis "Jamaal" Jackson had ever received all of these strange sentences..

The father requested the guns be returned to him, and said the guns would not be returned to the terrorist, he lied. The father knew his son should not of had the guns.....

That's all fine and good.. yes.. he lied and deserves punishment.

Address the other part

Should a family member be put in that position

Should the innocent citizens be put in this position

So, if I understand correctly, the adult male was convicted of a crime that did not allow him to have guns. He had guns. The police allowed them to remain registered to the criminal? but let his family member keep possession of them?

Twisted reality

***And to add.. Mental Illness is probably hereditary.. Dad is probably got some issues too.. just enough intelligence to keep a clean record?
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:
At a news conference Monday, Special Agent Marcus Watson of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said Jeffrey Reinking could face charges for returning guns to his son, an act that was "potentially a violation of federal law."

As it should. The father should be charged with something. Love of a child is understanding, allowing that love to cause destruction has to be cured. Jail time would be my cure. A precedence has to be set.

This is an ADULT Male

The government NEVER should put the onus to protect us on some family member.. Never!

Never again shall this happen where a family member holds the guns.. The (bleep) police departments are open TWENTY FOUR hours a day..

I am confused why all of you are jumping on the father and not the stupid rule that allowed this

FWIW.. NO way in hell would Travis "Jamaal" Jackson had ever received all of these strange sentences..

The father requested the guns be returned to him, and said the guns would not be returned to the terrorist, he lied. The father knew his son should not of had the guns.....

Address the other part

So, if I understand correctly, the adult male was convicted of a crime that did not allow him to have guns. He had guns. The police allowed them to remain registered to the criminal? but let his family member keep possession of them?

Twisted reality

***And to add.. Mental Illness is probably hereditary.. Dad is probably got some issues too.. just enough intelligence to keep a clean record?

If the daddy didn't want to be put in that position, he shouldn't of asked for the guns back.

Coach Wooden
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

This is an ADULT Male

Address the other part

Twisted reality

If the daddy didn't want to be put in that position, he shouldn't of asked for the guns back.

I personally don't care about what anyone asked

The law is broken and that is my biggest argument here.

Daddy or anyone should never receive those guns.
Confiscate. give market value in dollars. remove his license to carry /EOS
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

This is an ADULT Male

Address the other part

Twisted reality

I personally don't care about what anyone asked

The law is broken and that is my biggest argument here.

Daddy or anyone should never receive those guns.
Confiscate. give market value in dollars. remove his license to carry /EOS

While I agree major reform should take place in regards to guns, this does not negate personal responsibility. The police didn't go to the father and ask him if he wanted the guns back. The father went to them asking for them.

Coach Wooden
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:

While I agree major reform should take place in regards to guns, this does not negate personal responsibility. The police didn't go to the father and ask him if he wanted the guns back. The father went to them asking for them.

And the fact that any law allows such a thing to occur is the bigger issue.

That law puts YOU and ME in danger
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I missed it. Y'all president say anything about the Waffle House shooting? Good guy without a gun disarming the psycho demon with a gun?? Any tweets???
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Maybe I missed it. Y'all president say anything about the Waffle House shooting? Good guy without a gun disarming the psycho demon with a gun?? Any tweets???

he is not a racist...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

Nope, cuz:

Bad guy = white with an AR-15
4 dead = people of color
Hero who stopped rampage = black

Reverse the colors, and there would have been half a dozen angry racialized tweets, thoughts & prayers for families of deceased, and an invitation to the White House for the hero.

And needless to say, if the shooter had been black he most likely wouldn't have been taken into custody ALIVE.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:

Many things put us in danger including irresponsible people. Like I said the laws have to change, but changing them now will not change what happened.

Coach Wooden
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:

Many things put us in danger including irresponsible people. Like I said the laws have to change, but changing them now will not change what happened.

Leaving them unchanged will allow this to happen
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Dominator wrote:
It's a travesty that the father hasn't been arrested and charged with murder.

I haven't read the whole story

Who put the responsibility on the father to watch the property of an adult male citizen

Our shooter is 29 years old

It sounds like a judge or LEO didn't confiscate his guns if his father hid them from him? What sort of rural Justice is this?

The guns were taken away by the courts, and given to the Dad. He stated he wold not give them to the t
errorist, he lied.

Father of Waffle House shooting suspect had taken son's guns away 3 times and returned them, reports show http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-waffle-house-shooting-suspect-morton-20180423-story.html

Failed efforts
Reports released by the Tazewell County sheriff’s office show at least three occasions when Reinking’s father, Jeffrey Reinking, took possession of his son’s guns, only to return them to him.

In August 2017, Reinking was arrested by the U.S. Secret Service after authorities said he crossed a restricted area near the White House, saying he wanted to meet President Donald Trump. He was not armed during the incident, but the FBI requested that Illinois State Police revoke his firearm owner’s identification card.

Travis Reinking handed over his FOID card to officers and transferred four weapons, along with ammunition, to his father, according to an Illinois State Police Firearm Disposition Record. The weapons were a 9 mm handgun, an AR-15 rifle, a .22-caliber rifle and another rifle.

Aaron said Travis Reinking’s father acknowledged to officials that he gave the weapons back to his son.

I agree the parent(s) should do time for this. But why on earth did the guns go back to the family anyway? why not just take the guns, melt them down and call it a day?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Dominator wrote:
It's a travesty that the father hasn't been arrested and charged with murder.

I haven't read the whole story

Who put the responsibility on the father to watch the property of an adult male citizen

Our shooter is 29 years old

It sounds like a judge or LEO didn't confiscate his guns if his father hid them from him? What sort of rural Justice is this?

The guns were taken away by the courts, and given to the Dad. He stated he wold not give them to the t
errorist, he lied.

Father of Waffle House shooting suspect had taken son's guns away 3 times and returned them, reports show http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-waffle-house-shooting-suspect-morton-20180423-story.html

Failed efforts
Reports released by the Tazewell County sheriff’s office show at least three occasions when Reinking’s father, Jeffrey Reinking, took possession of his son’s guns, only to return them to him.

In August 2017, Reinking was arrested by the U.S. Secret Service after authorities said he crossed a restricted area near the White House, saying he wanted to meet President Donald Trump. He was not armed during the incident, but the FBI requested that Illinois State Police revoke his firearm owner’s identification card.

Travis Reinking handed over his FOID card to officers and transferred four weapons, along with ammunition, to his father, according to an Illinois State Police Firearm Disposition Record. The weapons were a 9 mm handgun, an AR-15 rifle, a .22-caliber rifle and another rifle.

Aaron said Travis Reinking’s father acknowledged to officials that he gave the weapons back to his son.

I agree the parent(s) should do time for this. But why on earth did the guns go back to the family anyway? why not just take the guns, melt them down and call it a day?

NRA
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

This is an ADULT Male

Address the other part

Twisted reality

true but the FBI should have never given them back.

if the guns were not registered to the parent(s). how can they give the guns to them anyway?It aint theirs to have right? They dont even have permits for those guns correct?
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

The guns were transferred into his father's name.

Coach Wooden
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised it was reported at all. Bleep goes down at the Waffle House.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

It pains me to ink this. If the father and son had been Black both would be in jail. Though, I don't think it would have advanced to the stage it did. I don't believe the father would have been given the guns if he was Black.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It angers me to ink this. If the father and son had been Black both would be in jail. Though, I don't think it would have advanced to the stage it did. I don't believe the father would have been given the guns if he was Black.

A black man screaming anti government slogans tried to breach the security barriers at The White House..

lucky to be alive

allowed to have a say in the confiscation of his firearms

It isn't so much about Racism and skin color as it is about the Privilege they get by continuing the cycle of turning a blind eye
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Shaw and Parkland have faded to an extent from the news. Unless it's BREAKING NEWS it doesn't sell.

In this media driven society I think incidents like school shooting should be given more followup attention if only for awareness to change gun laws.

Kanye West gets a shout out from the president, James Shaw has yet to hear from him.

Waffle House hero James Shaw Jr. met with Parkland students — over breakfast at Denny’s

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Shaw and Parkland have faded to an extent from the news. Unless it's <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> it doesn't sell.

In this media driven society I think incidents like school shooting should be given more followup attention if only for awareness to change gun laws.

Kanye West gets a shout out from the president, James Shaw has yet to hear from him.

Waffle House hero James Shaw Jr. met with Parkland students — over breakfast at Denny’s

LINK

Media should start calling Kanye "Uncle tom"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Shaw and Parkland have faded to an extent from the news. Unless it's <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b> it doesn't sell.

LINK

That, my friend, would be an insult to Uncle Tom. Read the original version of Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Toms Cabin.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Shaw and Parkland have faded to an extent from the news. Unless it's <b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b> it doesn't sell.

LINK

That, my friend, would be an insult to Uncle Tom. Read the original version of Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Toms Cabin.

Ouch. My terrible bad..

Race Traitor is what was meant

Thank you for helping this kid whose schooling wasn't valued so much.
I see Uncle Tom was actually a hero and man of integrity
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Shaw and Parkland have faded to an extent from the news. Unless it's <b><b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b></b> it doesn't sell.

LINK

Ouch. My terrible bad..

Race Traitor is what was meant

Thank you for helping this kid whose schooling wasn't valued so much.
I see Uncle Tom was actually a hero and man of integrity

Kanye has opinions I don't agree with but he's entitled to them. Being the son of a Black Panther his saying slavery was a choice is baffling.

I have concerns about his mental health. He was hospitalized for a nervous breakdown. Not blaming it for his statement "slavery was a choice." I believe the Kardashian's are also concerned.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the illuminati

Maybe trump supporters were looking for high profile people who are in debt to pay/use to speak positively about Trump
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: