The Oklahoma City Thunder Lose to Utah in the 1st round

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: The Oklahoma City Thunder Lose to Utah in the 1st round

Paul George choked
Russell Westbrook almost choked a fan on the way off the court
Carmelo Anthony is a complete disaster
and I couldn't be happier.
This OKC expirement was a complete failure.
PG is not a max deal guy, Melo should be shipped off to Turkey, and Westbrook
needs to go to therapy.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

RIP Carmelo Anthony

twas fun talking about your career in hypothetical terms
Showty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

Westbrook can´t play on a big 3, not even a big 2 anymore.

After Durant left, he went on a me vs the world crusade.

And he plays that way, he understands basketball like that, give me 4 random guys and i´ll do my thing.

43 shots and merely 5 assists, while George and Anthony have 23 and 8.

If you are Steven Adams, Andre Robertson, Jerami Grant, you fit in there, but if you are a superstar...well, good luck with that.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject:

I still think westbrook can be a winner, but it would require a star big instead of a star wing next to him. Westbrook with Davis would be incredible. Westbrook with wing stars just doesn't work.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

WORST SHIRT EVER...lol...!

And don't forget Cory Brewers' 15 minute, 2 points 0 rebounds and assists!

Anthony is set to make $27mil next season, NO WAY he opts out of that, he would be lucky to get a 3 year $27mil offer..

I'll repeat what I said a long-time ago, and that is great players CAN'T play with Westbrook! He has this alpha-ego where he has to be the best, which tends to hold them back and it is why Durant left.

If they lose George to the Lakers, next season, the Thunder may still be in the top 6 in Salaries and NOT even make the playoffs...
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Anthony is set to make $27mil next season, NO WAY he opts out of that, he would be lucky to get a 3 year $27mil offer..

I'll repeat what I said a long-time ago, and that is great players CAN'T play with Westbrook! He has this alpha-ego where he has to be the best, which tends to hold them back and it is why Durant left.

If they lose George to the Lakers, next season, the Thunder may still be in the top 6 in Salaries and NOT even make the playoffs...

alpha male?.. isn't that what we want.. like a MJ or Kobe,

this series wasn't lost cause of westbrook.

carmelo was god awful

pg was super inconsistent

would have been swept if not for westbrook the way the jazz are peaking right now.

I would gladly love to have westbrook as a Laker.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I still think westbrook can be a winner, but it would require a star big instead of a star wing next to him. Westbrook with Davis would be incredible. Westbrook with wing stars just doesn't work.

I don't.

At this point he's the one constant. KD, Scot Brooks, Harden, and PG(probably) are gone. Yet nothing changes with him.

And I do like Westbrook but I don't think you will win anything with him unless you have a coach that isn't afraid of him.

People may think less of KD leaving the Thunder and going to GSW but he was smart to leave Westbrook so he didn't end up a ringless wonder.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

OKC offense is boring to watch.

How can you have mega talents like Westbrook, Melo, and PG and put out such a boring, crappy product?

Unbelievable.

Somewhere Durant is laughing his butt off.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

PG13 needs a good set up guy. Trying to be an ISO guy on a team that really lacks a team system. The Thunder do NOT play to PG13's strengths.

Not sure if he is a max guy either but I think he is a very good forward who needs to be teamed with better team oriented players.

I still want him on the Lakers.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

forzaCOREA wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

carmelo was god awful

would have been swept if not for westbrook the way the jazz are peaking right now.

Totally disagree. Westbrook is a low efficiency ball dominant player. The Thunder are run in a way to maximize his opportunities and other players inherit a lousy situation. I really do NOT want him on the Lakers. He is NOT Kobe and has not and will not win like Kobe won.

The question is was PG13 inconsistent because of his shortcomings or is the Thunder game plan not suited to PG13's game? I think the latter is the cause.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
forzaCOREA wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

carmelo was god awful

Totally disagree. Westbrook is a low efficiency ball dominant player. The Thunder are run in a way to maximize his opportunities and other players inherit a lousy situation. I really do NOT want him on the Lakers. He is NOT Kobe and has not and will not win like Kobe won.

The question is was PG13 inconsistent because of his shortcomings or is the Thunder game plan not suited to PG13's game? I think the latter is the cause.

One way to determine at least a reasonable answer is to look at his track record vs. looking at the one season that was the exception. Clearly, at least from that standpoint, it was how ill-fitted he was in OKC, with its 43 field ago attempts guard.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
forzaCOREA wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

carmelo was god awful

PG13 certainly got his looks and did have a decent PPG average in the Utah series, but what concerns me is what is upstairs in his head (6 turn overs, ugghh). Being a max deal guy (to me) means that a team is going to get built around your strengths. I dont see PG13 in that role. He is a complementary player at best.

I know others here are dead set on PG13 getting maxed out as a Laker and I am totally opposed to that idea. He may be a scorer but he is NOT a leader.

Melo on the other hand wow talk about over paid, huh? Anthony is owed $28 MILLION dollars for his final year which to me is absolutely insane. His whole career has been paid on potential and it never panned out. I think he is the biggest bust ever.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Agreed, if he were on the right team with the right coach he could win one ring. I like Westbrook, but he is flawed. He's almost like a much less refined and poised caricature of Kobe in a PG's body. Even in his early 20s Kobe was able to rein in his libido and alpha energy just enough to be a huge positive factor instead of a high risk, high reward player like Westbrook.

That OKC team wasn't built right. In PG13 and Melo they have two ball dominant ISO guys who can't play off the ball, especially in Melo's case. They also have no outside shooting and subpar coaching. I almost feel bad for Westbrook. Despite his big flaws, he's a special player who deserves a real shot at a championship.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Prime Kobe paired up with a Melo and PG13 would surely have done better than a first round exit.

And there's no way he was going to let some rookie get 38 points.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Westy seems to be stuck with something close to a Wilt Chamberlain dilemma, an insecure mindset and otherworldly physical gifts. I thibnk he needs the right coach to say the right things so as to convince him to parlay his own play to maximize his teammate's talents. Hannum and Sharman did it for Wilt. There may be someone out there who's right for RW. Maybe.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
OKC offense is boring to watch.

How can you have mega talents like Westbrook, Melo, and PG and put out such a boring, crappy product?

Unbelievable.

Somewhere Durant is laughing his butt off.

I think the point is the the team has great individual talent but they don't mesh or play as a team. Its not very exciting basketball they were playing. Sometimes big names on the back of the jersey just don't work.....as a Lakers fan who can forget the failed D12 experiment.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: