PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
In his recent post-game interview, George said playing at "Home" is a draw but not the only factor. He said OKC checked all the boxes making them a candidate for his return. He cited teammates, coaching staff and medical staff as factors. Other obvious factors are money, competitive opportunity, basketball fit, being in a positive environment and other business opportunities. He talked about being on the same page with management (what team will be assembled).

I do think he wants to win and that will be a major part of his decision making process. He isn't going to jive with a stripped down roster for a 2019 play. Pelinka is going to have to be creative with the roster options and Magic is going to have to be convincing to close the deal.

I think they will.

Yup. And unlike 2016 we have Luke instead of Byron who will sell his coaching vision and philosophy for him. We will have a United FO and a young core ready for a guy like pg. oh and we will have another max slot too to use in 2018 or 2019.

And it’s in LA where he just bought a 7m home last year.

Guess who bought a $15 Million home in Hidden Hills recently?

Hidden Hills Mansion

that article was posted earlier
PG13 actually bought that house when he was still a Pacer
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
In his recent post-game interview, George said playing at "Home" is a draw but not the only factor. He said OKC checked all the boxes making them a candidate for his return. He cited teammates, coaching staff and medical staff as factors. Other obvious factors are money, competitive opportunity, basketball fit, being in a positive environment and other business opportunities. He talked about being on the same page with management (what team will be assembled).

I do think he wants to win and that will be a major part of his decision making process. He isn't going to jive with a stripped down roster for a 2019 play. Pelinka is going to have to be creative with the roster options and Magic is going to have to be convincing to close the deal.

I think they will.

Yup. And unlike 2016 we have Luke instead of Byron who will sell his coaching vision and philosophy for him. We will have a United FO and a young core ready for a guy like pg. oh and we will have another max slot too to use in 2018 or 2019.

Hidden Hills Mansion

what article?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
P.K. wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I think they will.

Hidden Hills Mansion

what article?

someone posted this article earlier http://www.yolandaslittleblackbook.com/blog-1/2017/08/15/paul-geoge-hidden-hills-house/
they thought that PG had just bought that house - but, in fact, he bought it back in the summer of 2016 when he was still a Pacer
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Come home Paul
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I think they will.

The draw in playing in OKC was having a roster that can go deep in the playoffs....as they shown in the Utah series, they are anything but that....hell with him on the Lakers they can probably get the same exact result next year....
So really there is no upside for him to stay in OKC.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I still consider it a two-team race between the Lakers and the Thunder, the Lakers being the favorite.

I would hope you are right cause I think PG is intrigued of giving it another try with OKC, I also won’t be surprised if he shows great interest in Philly if they come up short in the playoffs to put them over the top.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

PG13 may have real feelings of staying in OKC, but I think he'll ultimately choose LA because I'm certain OKC does not want to foot the bill for their current squad. I think they won't pamper him as much, won't recruit as hard, will give mix signals, etc. Their goal is to be able to tell their fans they tried, but PG13 left.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I thought PG got traded again from the BREAKING NEWS
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
I thought PG got traded again from the <b>BREAKING NEWS</b>

Right! My heart skipped a beat as soon as I saw ”BREAKING NEWS” in the title Mods, please edit the thread title before folks have heart attacks lol.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
I still consider it a two-team race between the Lakers and the Thunder, the Lakers being the favorite.

I would hope you are right cause I think PG is intrigued of giving it another try with OKC, I also won’t be surprised if he shows great interest in Philly if they come up short in the playoffs to put them over the top.

I mentioned in another thread this morning that I don't see him having serious interest in Philly, if any at all. We already know that Philly will pursue LeBron. He's going to be Plan A for them. Thus, any meaningful pursuit of George would likely come only if/after LeBron turns them down. If George had any interest in Philly at all, would it be passionate enough that he’d be willing to sit around and wait as their Plan B after LeBron has turned them down? I don't see that as being likely at all, especially since he’ll already have two teams (OKC and LAL) who will already be pursuing him aggressively as their Plan A. That same argument can be applied to HOU as well.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

I mentioned in another thread this morning that I don't see him having serious interest in Philly, if any at all. We already know that Philly will pursue LeBron. He's going to be Plan A for them. Thus, any meaningful pursuit of George would likely come only if/after LeBron turns them down. If George had any interest in Philly at all, would it be passionate enough that he’d be willing to sit around and wait as their Plan B after LeBron has turned them down? I don't see that as being likely at all, especially since he’ll already have two teams (OKC and LAL) who will already be pursuing him aggressively as their Plan A. That same argument can be applied to HOU as well.

PG to Philly will make them a powerhouse. That being said, I don't see it happening. OKC or LA. I'm on the same boat. Lebron on the other hand... most of the CLE fan base would follow him to Philly. Unlike if he came to LA.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Conversation between Pincus and Winters about Woj's report:

Quote:
@EricPincus
The Pacers are the only team that can give Paul George 5 years but he's not eligible for the extra ~$30 mil to stay

@SerenaWinters
Other teams can give Paul George 4 years and he will eventually sign another contract to make up 5th - becomes a ? of what does PG want

@EricPincus
The "buzz" is that Paul George wants to be a Laker but we don't know how true and how he and his agent will play that

@EricPincus
George and his agent can depress his trade value, up to them, up to prospective teams to take the risk, up to Pacers to navigate.

@EricPincus
@lz22 "same agent as Russell and Randle right?" I would suspect that if George's agent is dead-set on Lakers - big if still - he would want PG playing w/Russell and Randle

@EricPincus
It's rare for star players to be traded for value. Lakers and Celtics can get into a bidding war for Paul George but why would they?

@EricPincus
If Paul George intentionally depresses the trade market to direct his destination, may be a tough path for the Pacers to get true value. But that's Paul George and how he handles the situation ahead.

@SerenaWinters
Meaning teams looking to trade for Paul George may not have to give up as much as they originally thought…

It's funny looking back at all of this and reassessing it a year later. Look at emplay’s second tweet and his last one. That's exactly what ended up happening. Exactly. This is why I still consider the Lakers as the frontrunners. His play of informing Pritchard and Bird face about his intentions of signing here this summer was straight up game. He was trying to force his way here without the Lakers having to give up too much. Half of that plan did end up working (the decreased trade value). His desire to be a Laker had to be intense for him to have the willingness to do that. And don't tell me the bromance he developed with Westbrook will ultimately be enough to make him say no now that it's finally on the cusp of happening.

He didn't want the Lakers to give up a lot at the time to get him and they didn't. They smartly just waited it out for a year and it paid off perfectly. They did move some pieces, but pretty much every move they made ended up improving the team. Now they're a much better team than they were at the time when he was doing his best to force his way here. Wow. Just let that one sink in a bit.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

OKC got what it wanted - an extended Westbrook. They can't afford PG and will likely try to use Melo as an expiring contract to bring in some more depth. In the FA thread, I suggested a Melo/Abrines/Patterson deal to Detroit for Griffin/Jackson (in a reboot sort of deal for Detroit) that I think would make sense for OKC to keep them competitive.

At the end of the day, I think PG comes here.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

PG to Philly will make them a powerhouse. That being said, I don't see it happening. OKC or LA. I'm on the same boat. Lebron on the other hand... most of the CLE fan base would follow him to Philly. Unlike if he came to LA.

LeBron to Philly and George to Houston would make them both power houses, and would make the Warriors vs Rockets rivalry a must see every year.

LeBron on Philly makes The 76ers vs the Celtics a must see for at least 2 seasons.

At least if those two things happen.

though if George comes to the Lakers I would assume that means that the Lakers got their second max.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
OKC got what it wanted - an extended Westbrook. They can't afford PG and will likely try to use Melo as an expiring contract to bring in some more depth. In the FA thread, I suggested a Melo/Abrines/Patterson deal to Detroit for Griffin/Jackson (in a reboot sort of deal for Detroit) that I think would make sense for OKC to keep them competitive.

Melo has a no-trade. He's not going to Detroit.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:

^Did he retain it when he was traded from NY? Didn't know that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject:

LFAN4LIFE wrote:
Article written by Eric Pincus on January 31st 2018....

Quote:
"Anthony will opt in," a Western Conference executive said. "There's no question about it. He won't get [$27.9 million] anywhere else. The Thunder may have the most conservative ownership in the NBA. There's no way they'll pay $250 million. They can't do it."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2756179-the-250-million-paul-george-question-will-okc-break-bank-to-keep-superstar

Yes this is old but still very true till today. Just thought id post it to remind everyone. This article was written before the Lakers cleared cap space by trading Clarkson and Nance to the Cavaliers.

That's important, as well. People talk about if PG wants to go back to OKC, but rarely if OKC wants PG back. They have deep pockets, but I don't know if they are throwing all that money through the window for a non-contender.

If they trade Melo, then OKC will go after George. But, they don't have assets to do it. Their future picks are all committed and they don't have a young talent to attach to Melo to make it a good trade.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

The only way the Thunder are gonna convince Carmelo to not opt in, is if they tell him straight up he's coming off the bench next year regardless of what he wants.
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

Guys its not that complex...OKC has 2 options:

1) Waive and stretch Melo making his cap hit 28/3 or $9.3 mil over 3 years

2) Agree to a buyout for around $24 million....Melo for all his flaws would still at the very least be able to get a room exception from a contender for $4 million

What's more, I personally believe Melo is not that delusional and is willing to come off the bench(for the right team, aka Rockets or wherever Bron goes)...he's using this "I won't play off the bench" position as leverage for OKC to either stretch or buy him out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject:

Well OKC can reply to that by going

"Well, you're coming off the bench whether you like it or not, the only way you're not is if you opt out. So there's that."

Then I wonder what he'd do.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Well OKC can reply to that by going

"Well, you're coming off the bench whether you like it or not, the only way you're not is if you opt out. So there's that."

Then I wonder what he'd do.

I won't talk on his behalf, but I would pull a Deng and get my money. It's US$ 27M we're talking about. If Melo opts out, I doubt he gets anything close to US$ 10M for 1 year contract.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Melo has a no-trade. He's not going to Detroit.

And there's no way OKC wants Reggie Jackson back (unless they're going to throw him into a cage vs some lions for some Roman-style halftime entertainment).

But I agree with LS' main point. OKC got what they wanted by trading for PG and Melo- Russ signing that extension. Can't wait to knock them out of the playoff chase next year with PG leading the way.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
I thought PG got traded again from the <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b>

Right! My heart skipped a beat as soon as I saw ”<b>BREAKING NEWS</b>” in the title Mods, please edit the thread title before folks have heart attacks lol.

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The only way the Thunder are gonna convince Carmelo to not opt in, is if they tell him straight up he's coming off the bench next year regardless of what he wants.

Melo isn't opting out. Players only opt out when they can make more money.

His agent will make sure he doesn't opt out, as his agent will lose a lot of money. Agents have way more power in the equation than most people realize.

Melo and his agent will force a buyout. That's what washed NBA stars do. His buddy Wade will give him tips on how to do it.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

He didn't want the Lakers to give up a lot at the time to get him and they didn't. They smartly just waited it out for a year and it paid off perfectly. They did move some pieces, but pretty much every move they made ended up improving the team. Now they're a much better team than they were at the time when he was doing his best to force his way here. Wow. Just let that one sink in a bit.

That's been my contention all year- PG wanted to come here when we had a much worse team with much less proven and/or intriguing talent.

The Lakers are much more attractive than they were before in terms of talent, in much better shape cap-wise and will only get better over the life of PG's contract.

So he's going to ignore all that (and all the LA/coming home stuff) to re-sign with the capped-out Thunder so he can watch Westbrick jack up insane numbers of shots and lose in the first round, all while living in OKC instead of coming home ?

No way.

PG will be wearing purple and gold next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 750 of 1028
Jump to: