Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

As much confidence as I have in Luke, he can’t hold Brad Stevens jock strap. The Celtics have maybe 2-3 players that I think isn’t a certified scrub, yet they’re in the second round of the playoffs with a lead over the 76ers
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Point being? You wanna be a Celtics fan?
Or is Brad available?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

al242 also does this with the young players on the team, particularly Lonzo from what I’ve seen.

You know, it’s possible to speak highly of opposing players, teams, and coaches without trashing your own. One doesn’t necessitate the other.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Luke did a good job. If I were him, the only thing I would suggest is maybe adding another assistant; an X's and O's guy that could assist a little more and perhaps offer a some different options/creative strategy...
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
As much confidence as I have in Luke, he can’t hold Brad Stevens jock strap. The Celtics have maybe 2-3 players that I think isn’t a certified scrub, yet they’re in the second round of the playoffs with a lead over the 76ers

So....... you decided to trash our coach because........?

What was the purpose of this post? Get yourself a green jersey, a four leaf clover, a box of Lucky Charms and cheer for the Celtics!
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

What was the purpose of this post? Get yourself a green jersey, a four leaf clover, a box of Lucky Charms and cheer for the Celtics!

His words may not have been the kindest but he was saying Walton is not as good a coach as Stevens. That is apparent to anyone. Not sure what happens in the future, but we can only deal with the present. If that makes one a Celtics fan, then all of NBA fandom bleeds green.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

His words may not have been the kindest but he was saying Walton is not as good a coach as Stevens. That is apparent to anyone. Not sure what happens in the future, but we can only deal with the present. If that makes one a Celtics fan, then all of NBA fandom bleeds green.

So be it! Let the whole NBA fandom keep that BS over there! This is Lakersground! Putting up out of thin air post like that is annoying! Luke is our coach, and he's a damn good one! When he gets his opportunity to show his worth in the playoffs, then we can talk. That post was unnecessary.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

We don't "ball wash" Celtics over here! Some of you Laker fans need to check yourselves!
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

We don't "ball wash" Celtics over here! Some of you Laker fans need to check yourselves!

.....you took your medicine? You’re at a 10 right now, I’m gonna need you take it down to a 5
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

Easy there...
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Why is Stevens considered such an amazing coach?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Gets the most out of his guys.
Done it in college, doing it now.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Stevens is great sure, but even diminished as they are the Celtics are a quality team. Rozier is a legitimate starter with borderline all-star talent in a few areas. Combine that with Horford and Tatum firing on all cylinders and you have a decent Big-3 that's talented enough to overpower the 76ers, especially on a bad shooting night for guys like Reddick and Covington.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
This season, we've played the following non-NBA players significant minutes - Travis Wear, Tyler Ennis, Alex Caruso, Gary Payton II, Derick Williams, Nigel Hayes and Vander Blue. That's not to mention Thomas Bryant (who clearly isn't ready for real minutes yet). I'd argue that, at times, by any measure of on the floor talent, we've had on the floor the worst lineups in the NBA.

Counting the loss of Nance and Clarkson and assuming Ball, Kuzma and Ingram each miss the final two games (while deducting Thomas' 17 games played), we've lost a total of 110 games from those 5 players. By comparison, looking at Philly's top 5 players by MPG - Embiid, Simmons, Redick, Covington and Saric - they've only lost 39 games between those 5 players. Also, our starting line up - Ball/KCP/Ingram/Randle/Lopez - has only played 7 games together.

Despite all that, we've won 8 more games than last year with a chance to still win 2 more. I predicated 34 wins this season, and, although that's where we currently stand, given the above, my expectations have been exceeded. I'm officially a Luke fan.

F Yeah.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
trablos wrote:

And they are scrappy af. They are missing their two all-stars and still competing in the second round of the playoffs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
trablos wrote:

And they are scrappy af. They are missing their two all-stars and still competing in the second round of the playoffs.

Were we not a scrappy team?

Did we not make a huge defensive jump? Are will still not a year or 2 behind where they are?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
trablos wrote:

Were we not a scrappy team?

Did we not make a huge defensive jump? Are will still not a year or 2 behind where they are?

I like Luke as well.
He needs a bit more experience.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Thank god Fizdale signed with NYK so we dont have to fake media drama of Fire luke for Fiz cuz of bron
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

Dang, the COY got canned.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dang, the COY got canned.

Shows that no success in the regular season is good enough to secure a job.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think Luke can be as good as brad Stevens? Their first two seasons compare and Luke was able to get a huge improvement defensively.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Anyone think Luke can be as good as brad Stevens? Their first two seasons compare and Luke was able to get a huge improvement defensively.

I don't see why not. However, despite his youth, Stevens has been coaching for decades now. Luke's earliest experience in somewhat of a coaching role came as a player at the end of his career. He hasn't been at this thing for long. I've been impressed with him considering how little experience he had before becoming a head coach. What he was able to do with this year's team was impressive, to say the least. He's going to be the Lakers' coach for a long time.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Brad won 25 year 1.
40 year 2.
48 year 3 with an improved roster.

Luke won 26 year 1.
35 year 2.
Let's see what our coach gets year 3.
Please root for him.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

What I like the most about Luke is fact that he looks really pissed off after every loss. For me it is sign of dedication, love for winning and love for Laker organization. For me its enough to give my ultimate support for the guy. He has his problems with coaching the team but its nothing which he cant fix. Time is the essence in his case.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

i like Luke, but he's not on a Stevens level when it comes to X's and O's. He's done a great job building the culture, but the difference between him and Stevens can be seen in late game play design.

also, Luke has the extra challenge of being in the West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 538 of 818
Jump to: