The Avengers: INFINITY WAR (April 2018) - Spoiler Warning (Enter at Own Risk)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

This movie was lit.

And I didn't even really like Avengers 1 (it was okay, first half is boring) and hated Age of Ultron (terrible).

I've got it in my top 5 best Marvel movies and probably top 10 comic book movies overall. Still does not unseat The Dark Knight as the best comic book movie though. The story, themes, and performances in TDK are nearly untouchable for a comic book movie. But it's in the same class as very good movies like Winter Soldier, GotG 1, Iron Man 1, Black Panther, Logan, X-Men: First Class. I thought it was better than Civil War, which is also good.

ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

I think the key to this will be Doctor Strange with the time stone. He said earlier that there was 1 scenario (out of the millions) in which they defeat Thanos, and as Doctor Strange was fading away, he told Stark that "it had to be this way", or something like that. As if it's what he wanted.

What was more important about that scene was that Strange prioritized saving Stark over the time stone when he made it clear before that his duty was to protect it and would not hesitate to sacrifice both Stark and Parker to save it.

He had a change of heart after seeing their 1 in 14 million chance to win and the key to their success is Stark.

Quote:
The most hard-to-accept point of the film for me was Starlord screwing up the entire fate of the universe because he just had to hit Thanos as the plan was working and he was being held in check. Really? Like, I know his woman was killed, but this is fate-of-the-universe stuff. You really are going to be that rash? I don't buy that, and I also think that Stark would've been way more forceful to hold him at bay in that moment. Kind of felt cheap that Thanos got out of that situation in that way. I would've been more impressed had he just somehow gotten out of it without "getting help", so to speak.

This is how you create drama. To feel that the good guys were so close to winning to have it snatched away at the last second because Quill lost his mind. I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way. This is why you like Quill because he is not rational, his actions are driven by emotion.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
This movie was lit.

And I didn't even really like Avengers 1 (it was okay, first half is boring) and hated Age of Ultron (terrible).

I've got it in my top 5 best Marvel movies and probably top 10 comic book movies overall. Still does not unseat The Dark Knight as the best comic book movie though. The story, themes, and performances in TDK are nearly untouchable for a comic book movie. But it's in the same class as very good movies like Winter Soldier, GotG 1, Iron Man 1, Black Panther, Logan, X-Men: First Class. I thought it was better than Civil War, which is also good.

ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

I think the key to this will be Doctor Strange with the time stone. He said earlier that there was 1 scenario (out of the millions) in which they defeat Thanos, and as Doctor Strange was fading away, he told Stark that "it had to be this way", or something like that. As if it's what he wanted.

What was more important about that scene was that Strange prioritized saving Stark over the time stone when he made it clear before that his duty was to protect it and would not hesitate to sacrifice both Stark and Parker to save it.

He had a change of heart after seeing their 1 in 14 million chance to win and the key to their success is Stark.

Quote:
The most hard-to-accept point of the film for me was Starlord screwing up the entire fate of the universe because he just had to hit Thanos as the plan was working and he was being held in check. Really? Like, I know his woman was killed, but this is fate-of-the-universe stuff. You really are going to be that rash? I don't buy that, and I also think that Stark would've been way more forceful to hold him at bay in that moment. Kind of felt cheap that Thanos got out of that situation in that way. I would've been more impressed had he just somehow gotten out of it without "getting help", so to speak.

This is how you create drama. To feel that the good guys were so close to winning to have it snatched away at the last second because Quill lost his mind. I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way. This is why you like Quill because he is not rational, his actions are driven by emotion.
that was my point. the bolded.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I just went to the last Marvel movie I'll ever go to.

Yeah, the ending was pretty dumb and I felt like the whole plot was pretty hard to follow.

The problem with making a supervillain this ridiculously overpowered is that the resolution will have to involve some sort of Deus Ex Machina.

I didn't find any of that to be an issue. It was very easy to follow. I just found it incredibly manipulative. As my wife said as we left, "Well that was a ton of fun until I felt totally ripped off". I don't have any problem with Thanos coming out the (temporary) victor, I just was insulted by the whole false drama nature of it in what is clearly just a money grab rather than actual storytelling.

Marvel: Hey, Here's 4/5ths of a movie. If you want the whole thing, come back and pay us for Part 2.

The Thanos snap follows the comic storyline. This is a big ass universe with many characters and storylines to follow so unless you want them to make a 5 hour movie I don't see how this is even a valid criticism? I'm amaze they even integrated so many plots and characters and still have a cohesive story. I'm curious if you felt cheated from LOTR and Deathly Hallows too?

What make work in the medium of a comic book doesn't always translate to the way storytelling in film works. I found it incredibly unsatisfying to watch what was otherwise an really fun and engaging movie only to have such a ridiculous "ending" after 2 1/2 hours. Everyone knows those characters aren't actually dying, so why engage in such falseness in an attempt to create drama that's not there? It was a lame misdirect.

They could EASILY have found a way to stay true to whatever storyline in the comic book and come up with a much better and more intriguing ending that really did feel like it left one hanging for the right reasons rather than feeling manipulated by something that's so transparent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
complete waste of time. they will undo all the deaths....pointless film. if thanos really wanted to make the world a better place, is killing 50% of the universe's population really the best way? they tried to humanize his character, but it was a pathetic attempt to add some depth to a shallow character.

Agreed, there was nothing believable about that part of the story at all.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
complete waste of time. they will undo all the deaths....pointless film. if thanos really wanted to make the world a better place, is killing 50% of the universe's population really the best way? they tried to humanize his character, but it was a pathetic attempt to add some depth to a shallow character.

Well they did pull this straight from the source material; in "Rebirth of Thanos" which is a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet he tells Silver Surfer about the problem with overpopulated planets. They took that and applied it to his home planet.

I think this parallels Stark's personality and his wanting to "put a suit of armor" around the planet after he saw what happened in Avengers 1. Thanos' saw his planet destroyed and wanted to prevent it from happening to other planets/the entire universe.

I think it's better than him trying to impress Lady Death or him just being simply evil. It might not be the best and it's all subjective but to me, as someone watching and relating plots to comic book arcs, I thought it was great.

Admittedly I judge Marvel/comic movies differently than others but I thought this was great. Very engaging and enjoyable, pacing wasn't too slow or too fast considering how may characters and plots and while the ash-deaths didn't really have weight to them the real deaths did (Loki, Gamora, Vision).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

Overall though, I really enjoyed it. I could've watched another couple of hours for sure.

Yeah that was basically my thoughts exactly, re: the scene with Dr. Strange.
Which TBH is BS, you're telling me Dr. Strange didn't see a future where they calm down Starlord and therefore defeat Thanos.

I think this is part of the reason why I think it was okay. Not amazing.
lol you guys are really mad at that part of the movie not understanding thats starlords personality. he's kind of stupid at times. his entire crew is. thats what makes them so hilarious to watch.

Not one specific part. I'm just not completely mindblown like everyone else is. Watching what Starlord did was totally predictable.

It was. It was basically the same as when Tony flipped out on Winter Soldier when he found out he killed his mom. I don't think it's a bad thing, just shows they're human and reactionary, they don't always see the big picture because of their emotions.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

Overall though, I really enjoyed it. I could've watched another couple of hours for sure.

Which TBH is BS, you're telling me Dr. Strange didn't see a future where they calm down Starlord and therefore defeat Thanos.
Nope. there was no future where you kill someones girlfriend and they just chill out in the moment of heat. it aint happening. lol. remember this was the same guy that had his crew shooting at the avengers talking about "thanos is that you." did spiderman jr really look like thanos to you mr starlord? of course not. but he's quick to judgement.

That is asinine, of course there is such a future. Even if I agreed with the premise that Starlord was going to be pissed beyond control regardless, which is debatable, you could also just incapacitate him physically or straight up just lie to him. Or distract him for just 30 seconds until that gauntlet is off.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

One of my major gripes in the film is how "ordinary" humans like Falcon and Black Widow can go toe to toe with the Black Order, when Vision and Scarlet Witch have such a tough time with them.

It's not perfect... but it's damn entertaining. Sure, WE know the ash deaths are probably not permanent... because we are spoiled with movie news and whatnot. We know about a movie 3 year ahead of time nowadays. But the characters in the film don't know the deaths are temporary.

You really rolled your eyes when Stark held Spidey in his arms as he faded away? Or when Rocket and Groot looked at each other when Groot vanished?
For a comic book movie, (this isn't some Oscar showcase) this checked all the boxes for me. Top 3 CBM all-time.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

Nope. there was no future where you kill someones girlfriend and they just chill out in the moment of heat. it aint happening. lol. remember this was the same guy that had his crew shooting at the avengers talking about "thanos is that you." did spiderman jr really look like thanos to you mr starlord? of course not. but he's quick to judgement.

That is asinine, of course there is such a future. Even if I agreed with the premise that Starlord was going to be pissed beyond control regardless, which is debatable, you could also just incapacitate him physically or straight up just lie to him. Or distract him for just 30 seconds until that gauntlet is off.

Nope because Star Lord needed to do what he did so Thanos gets all the gems. “There was no other way”, as Doctor Strange said. Period.

If you know the source material, you can see how Infinity war tries to follow the comic book’s story somewhat. Doctor Strange was trying to find ways to beat Thanos. But the 14 million times he saw, he realized Thanos always end up beating the heroes. The 1 only way he saw for the heroes to “win” was for the Avengers to lose and Thanos gets the stones and for Thanos to realize he had made a mistake and restore balance to how it was.

Guessing Avengers 4 might go that route but with changes with likely Tony being the main focal point, probably the one who makes Thanos realize, as well as Nebula who was the main focal point in the books.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah, the ending was pretty dumb and I felt like the whole plot was pretty hard to follow.

The problem with making a supervillain this ridiculously overpowered is that the resolution will have to involve some sort of Deus Ex Machina.

I didn't find any of that to be an issue. It was very easy to follow. I just found it incredibly manipulative. As my wife said as we left, "Well that was a ton of fun until I felt totally ripped off". I don't have any problem with Thanos coming out the (temporary) victor, I just was insulted by the whole false drama nature of it in what is clearly just a money grab rather than actual storytelling.

Marvel: Hey, Here's 4/5ths of a movie. If you want the whole thing, come back and pay us for Part 2.

The Thanos snap follows the comic storyline. This is a big ass universe with many characters and storylines to follow so unless you want them to make a 5 hour movie I don't see how this is even a valid criticism? I'm amaze they even integrated so many plots and characters and still have a cohesive story. I'm curious if you felt cheated from LOTR and Deathly Hallows too?

What make work in the medium of a comic book doesn't always translate to the way storytelling in film works. I found it incredibly unsatisfying to watch what was otherwise an really fun and engaging movie only to have such a ridiculous "ending" after 2 1/2 hours. Everyone knows those characters aren't actually dying, so why engage in such falseness in an attempt to create drama that's not there? It was a lame misdirect.

They could EASILY have found a way to stay true to whatever storyline in the comic book and come up with a much better and more intriguing ending that really did feel like it left one hanging for the right reasons rather than feeling manipulated by something that's so transparent.

I’m just curious, what’s the other way? I mean as you’ve mentioned “easily” what would that other way be? Would it be better had they turned to rock instead? Or maybe they just get sick and get sent home bed-ridden?

The storyline in the comic book had half the heroes dying. The heroes that turned to ash are 99.9% coming back, but that doesn’t mean they endured death will be forever affected by it in future stories, something maybe similar to Tony in Iron Man 3.

I also like the idea that the original Avengers survived and it’s up to them to save the new heroes and pass them the torch for the next gerneration while they hang up heir capes.

Btw death is not even finished with this story. Zoe Saldana and Tom Hiddleston confirmed their characters are dead for good. And I’m assuming the original Avengers like Cap, Iron Man will probably sacrifice themselves for the other heroes in Avengers 4 to wrap everything up.

Last edited by Clark Kent on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

yes, because evil needs some rational logic... like all these gun for hire dudes in movies looking for money, unbelievable... they could just work hard and make a decent living. right? lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

Im convinced thanos wouldve gotten it back easily even without the gauntlet hes insanely powerful.

exactly.

and that point was that the only way to defeat Thanos was let him complete the infinity stones. in some odd way, that was the best way to deal with him
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Part 2 is next summer. My butt will be puckered firmly until then. Goodnight good sir.

complaining about the movie being a "money grab" is completely odd.

we clearly knew this was a mainstream superhero comic book movie from Marvel, NOT an art film.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject:

I hated Bruce Banner, dunno if its actor or the charachter, he was the worst by far. Hope we see Hulk way more than Bruce next movie, actually wouldnt mind he was one of those who bought the farm.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject:

Damn. What the fuuuuuuuudge was that? Avengers 1 was so well-done.

3/10
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

Finally saw it last night. Wasn't expecting that ending.

Spoilers:

Quote:
Felt very GOT-ish, the ones who turned to ash I think will come back like Jon Snow. And the ones who died before will stay dead. Even then, the way Spider-man felt and experienced actually dying, that was a punch to the gut. He probably felt it so much more with his spider-sense than anyone else did, especially for a kid. I didn't care at all for Bruce Banner. The one that stood out for me was Spider-man, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Thor, Wanda.

Overall it was so much action, best action sequence in any film ever. To see every hero give everything they have was a spectacle. People bashing it like this movie was supposed to be Dunkirk or Million Dollar Baby makes me laugh! It's a series finale, or episode 9 out of 10. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Can't wait to see how the last Avengers film wrap it up.

8.5/10
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Well they did pull this straight from the source material; in "Rebirth of Thanos" which is a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet he tells Silver Surfer about the problem with overpopulated planets. They took that and applied it to his home planet.

I think this parallels Stark's personality and his wanting to "put a suit of armor" around the planet after he saw what happened in Avengers 1. Thanos' saw his planet destroyed and wanted to prevent it from happening to other planets/the entire universe.

I think it's better than him trying to impress Lady Death or him just being simply evil. It might not be the best and it's all subjective but to me, as someone watching and relating plots to comic book arcs, I thought it was great.

Admittedly I judge Marvel/comic movies differently than others but I thought this was great. Very engaging and enjoyable, pacing wasn't too slow or too fast considering how may characters and plots and while the ash-deaths didn't really have weight to them the real deaths did (Loki, Gamora, Vision).

Having not read the comic books, I can only speak to the film.In the film, there's nothing that is told that deserves and belief that Thanos is anything but a greedy, evil, genocidal monster. Which is why the whole speech he gives before sacrificing Gamora comes off as false. And his whole, trying to save the universe cursed comes across as a disingenuous excuse to serve his own greed. Someone who truly cares about the fate of the universe doesn't go on a slash and burn rampage tp level everything and decimate half the population . . . even in the name of "population control".

This film may hold up to the comic crowd, but without that background, the film has all kinds of issues.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Having not read the comic books, I can only speak to the film.In the film, there's nothing that is told that deserves and belief that Thanos is anything but a greedy, evil, genocidal monster. Which is why the whole speech he gives before sacrificing Gamora comes off as false. And his whole, trying to save the universe cursed comes across as a disingenuous excuse to serve his own greed. Someone who truly cares about the fate of the universe doesn't go on a slash and burn rampage tp level everything and decimate half the population . . . even in the name of "population control".

This film may hold up to the comic crowd, but without that background, the film has all kinds of issues.

I don't read the comics or know anything about the Infinity War in the books, so I don't know the back story either, but Thanos himself told Strange, the reason he wanted the infinity stones was so that he wouldn't have to literally go killing half of everyone in the universe, the "snap" would be a mercy killing. Balance would be instantly restored within the universe with no pain or suffering, they just cease to exist.

Except Spider-man, I think he felt the fear and pain of dying because of his senses hence his longer scene where he knew he was about to die before turning to ash.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:

I don't read the comics or know anything about the Infinity War in the books, so I don't know the back story either, but Thanos himself told Strange, the reason he wanted the infinity stones was so that he wouldn't have to literally go killing half of everyone in the universe, the "snap" would be a mercy killing. Balance would be instantly restored within the universe with no pain or suffering, they just cease to exist.

Except Spider-man, I think he felt the fear and pain of dying because of his senses hence his longer scene where he knew he was about to die before turning to ash.

Again, the stated goals of the character and his actual actions are in direct contradiction to each other from everything the viewer sees. Thanks is hardly just kindly hopscotching through the universe quietly and compassionately putting people into an unknowing deep and permanent sleep. It's quite clearly the opposite when you see all the fear and suffering he inflicts and leaves in his wake.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Nashlight wrote:

Again, the stated goals of the character and his actual actions are in direct contradiction to each other from everything the viewer sees. Thanks is hardly just kindly hopscotching through the universe quietly and compassionately putting people into an unknowing deep and permanent sleep. It's quite clearly the opposite when you see all the fear and suffering he inflicts and leaves in his wake.

His goal is not to put fear and suffering in people during his expedition in Infinity War, it's just the consequence of trying to get the stones. In fact, the moment Thanos gets a stone, he just... leaves. Bye bye. He doesn't try finishing off or killing anyone else unless they try to kill him, which was what happened with Loki. He showed mercy to Thor, Iron Man, the Guardians.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

starlord is an emotional guy and hes silly to a fault at times. this was one of those times. you just killed my girlfriend. I'm mad as hell. I'm not listening to anyone on some save the universe. I'm mad. mad doesnt have a wait...stop..and think button. its just mad.

Now you say someone should've lied to him. Who told him the truth? Whats her face that was holding Thanos' head. She can't lie if memory serves me correct. she can only state what she sees the other person's mind saying. so lying is out.

distract him? while also holding on to mr super powered thanos? not going to happen. You guys just didnt like it because it SEEMED cheap. but in reality(lol) it wasnt. IT was a real thing that would probably take place if these characters existed in the real world/universe.

as for those who hated the ending. nothing wrong with it at all. and the writers humanizing Thanos was better than the same old stale Bad guy archetype. Bad guy wants all the power just cause. then he can use it to harm EVERYONE and get all that he wants all of the time. We've seen that and heard that story a zillion times. Only a few times have we've heard the story of Malthusianism. There are more than enough bad guys for bad guys sake wanting all the power just cause already in the marvel movies. we all needed a slight change.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Nashlight wrote:

His goal is not to put fear and suffering in people during his expedition in Infinity War, it's just the consequence of trying to get the stones. In fact, the moment Thanos gets a stone, he just... leaves. Bye bye. He doesn't try finishing off or killing anyone else unless they try to kill him, which was what happened with Loki. He showed mercy to Thor, Iron Man, the Guardians.
this..
the other planets where you saw him separating half and killing that half was the Brute/barbaric way of doing it. Thanos per the movie wanted to do it in a more efficient and actually to him, a more humanitarian way. Just snap my fingers and your gone. no need to come in shooting up the place, screaming and yelling. just one snap and you dont feel pain while you fade away.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I’m just curious, what’s the other way? I mean as you’ve mentioned “easily” what would that other way be? Would it be better had they turned to rock instead? Or maybe they just get sick and get sent home bed-ridden?

The storyline in the comic book had half the heroes dying. The heroes that turned to ash are 99.9% coming back, but that doesn’t mean they endured death will be forever affected by it in future stories, something maybe similar to Tony in Iron Man 3.

I also like the idea that the original Avengers survived and it’s up to them to save the new heroes and pass them the torch for the next gerneration while they hang up heir capes.

Btw death is not even finished with this story. Zoe Saldana and Tom Hiddleston confirmed their characters are dead for good. And I’m assuming the original Avengers like Cap, Iron Man will probably sacrifice themselves for the other heroes in Avengers 4 to wrap everything up.

Well, for one thing, not even engage in the poor misdirection in the first place. It's just the kind of thing that is lazy and uncreative storytelling and that just kills things for me. Instead of going the whole "OH MY GOD! The Avengers are all DYING!!!" route that no one is going to buy, perhaps do some real storytelling about the characters themselves and how they actually deal with the defeat, both individually and as a group.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

^ I don't think the movie was trying to trick anyone into believing the ash-deaths were gonna stick. Everyone should know that the Avengers will reverse it somehow. But this is less about "will they be coming back?" and more of a "how will they come back?"
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Well, for one thing, not even engage in the poor misdirection in the first place. It's just the kind of thing that is lazy and uncreative storytelling and that just kills things for me. Instead of going the whole "OH MY GOD! The Avengers are all DYING!!!" route that no one is going to buy, perhaps do some real storytelling about the characters themselves and how they actually deal with the defeat, both individually and as a group.

Game of Thrones, Jon Snow.

Marvel announced a year ago that Spider-Man HC 2, and GotG 3 were in development before they released Infinity War's trailer, they never hid that fact, so pretty much people have an idea that those heroes were not going to stay "dead".

I also like the fact that Marvel used the symbolism of turning to ashes, instead of having them die with their dead corpses lying on the ground. There's a hugely distinct difference between deaths before the snap and after the snap. Even my 10 year old nephew figured that Spider-Man had a chance of coming back because he just “disappeared.”

What I liked about Infinity War was that they didn't fake it like WB did Batman V Superman with Superman's death, to even go as far as burying his body, having a funeral, and also go as far as not to include him in their JL marketing so audiences still think he's dead.

loslakersss wrote:
^ I don't think the movie was trying to trick anyone into believing the ash-deaths were gonna stick. Everyone should know that the Avengers will reverse it somehow. But this is less about "will they be coming back?" and more of a "how will they come back?"

Pretty much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: