KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
hope we make informed decisions on players with unproven/untested injuries

yeah, I'm sure the medical staff will be looking into that. however, I do think
the Spurs will send KL east, IF into trading...

just worried that injured stars maybe looking to us for long term 'Deng' contracts now
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
deal wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
hope we make informed decisions on players with unproven/untested injuries

yeah, I'm sure the medical staff will be looking into that. however, I do think
the Spurs will send KL east, IF into trading...

just worried that injured stars maybe looking to us for long term 'Deng' contracts now

Man that would drive me nuts...Unlike most Laker fans, I am willing to wait until 2019 offseason and sign him outright. I want nothing to do with LeBron!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This situation is very similar to Kyrie. He requested a trade. He had 1 more year left on his contract. He also had a history of knee problems and sure enough he missed the end of the regular season and playoffs. Some people here say wait until 2019. If the situation is that bad with the Spurs as reported he quite possibly won't be available in 2019. He will likely be traded this summer like Kyrie. Decisions will have to be made quickly for any team that wants him.

It’s actually not similar to Kyrie’s situation.

Kyrie had 2 yrs left. Kyrie was considered healthy when traded. He actually played in the finals. Kawhi hasn’t asked to be traded yet.

This situation is more similar to Paul George. Whoever trades for Kawhi is taking the chance that he won’t re-sign with them, ala Paul George.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
This situation is very similar to Kyrie. He requested a trade. He had 1 more year left on his contract. He also had a history of knee problems and sure enough he missed the end of the regular season and playoffs. Some people here say wait until 2019. If the situation is that bad with the Spurs as reported he quite possibly won't be available in 2019. He will likely be traded this summer like Kyrie. Decisions will have to be made quickly for any team that wants him.

Kyrie had 2 yrs left. Kyrie was considered healthy when traded. He actually played in the finals. Kawhi hasn’t asked to be traded yet.

This situation is more similar to Paul George. Whoever trades for Kawhi is taking the chance that he won’t re-sign with them, ala Paul George.

More like a DHoward situation ...
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

I really hope we go hard after Kawhi. He's the best 2 way player in the league.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

It's not like PG. PG doesn't have any injury issues other than his broken leg a few years ago. Also PG said he wanted to be traded to the Lakers thus minimize the chance of him leaving.
WestwoodWizard
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

I'm a huge fan of Kawhi's game. I have followed him through college and during his pro career. That said, I don't see why we would want both him and PG on the same team. One is (presumably) going to opt out and be a FA and has expressed interest in being a Laker. The other is still under contract, with a major Lakers rival, and seems to have either quit on his team this year, or is dealing with very legitimate health concerns. Keeping the majority of last season's roster intact while going after a FA just makes much more sense to me than giving up some of our promising young talent for someone who will be a FA in a season. Of course there is no guarantee we will land PG, but the chances seem high enough to not pull the trigger on any trade with a team that has no desire to do us any favors. Maybe I am missing something, but this is just how I see things right now.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
According to multiple sources, Leonard’s camp has come to believe the issue has more to do with an ossification or hardening in the area where the muscle has been repeatedly bruised and then an atrophying, which in turn affected the tendons connecting the muscle to the knee.

I'm not a doc, but this doesn't sound good. Why would you deal any young studs for this guy?

How else are you gonna find an mvp or potential superstar? You take chances. I'd keep BI and trade away the rest if I could. To me the only one untouchable is BI since he has elite length

No thank you. Lets not go through the injury bin to find a super star. The Lakers have drafted super stars through out its history. And any trade they've done to acquire one have been rare and lopsided in our favor.

So the first time in our history where we trade the farm away for a super star, we're doing it for damaged goods? No thank you. Why are people so impatient and pessimistic about the roster?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

We need to keep a close eye on this situation.
If we could work out some kind of sign and trade with Randle and a few minor pieces, etc. I might be in favor of a trade.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

One small simple question.

Does NBA test 4 steroids?
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

Jody Meeks says yes
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

It's not like PG. PG doesn't have any injury issues other than his broken leg a few years ago. Also PG said he wanted to be traded to the Lakers thus minimize the chance of him leaving.

Yeah, I didn't say it was exactly like PG, I said it was more similar than your Kyrie comparison. But I agree w/ JerryWest_44, it is more similar to the DHoward situation.

And I don't get what you mean by your 2nd sentence "Also PG said he wanted to be traded to the Lakers thus minimize the chance of him leaving."

PG was traded to OKC

Also, you said he likely won't be available in 2019? Why?

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Tue May 01, 2018 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't say it was exactly like PG, I said it was more similar than your Kyrie comparison. But I agree w/ JerryWest_44, it is more similar to the DHoward situation.

And I don't get what you mean by your 2nd sentence "Also PG said he wanted to be traded to the Lakers thus minimize the chance of him leaving."

PG was traded to OKC

He requested a trade to the Lakers before Indiana traded him to the Thunder.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

PG was traded to OKC

I don't remember him requesting a trade to the Lakers, but even if he did, what is the relevance of that?

The Lakers didn't trade for him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

PG was traded to OKC

I don't remember him requesting a trade to the Lakers, but even if he did, what is the relevance of that?

The Lakers didn't trade for him.

I already told you. He would most likely resign with us.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

if im philly im offering Saric/Fultz/laker pick for Kawahi/spurs pick
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

That's the more likely scenario although they will have to include JBayless to work.

Interesting tidibit:

What Popovich did not say at the time, however, was that while Leonard was in New York, he saw Dr. Jonathan Glashow, an orthopedic surgeon and co-chair of Sports Medicine at New York City's Mount Sinai Medical Center who has professional affiliations with the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The only larger markets are LA, NY.

Philly is #4 which is massive compared to little old San Antonio

Houston fans had me believing they were the 4th largest market, especially when they got Dwight. Cue LG Memeber "dreamshake" in 3, 2, 1...
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
The only larger markets are LA, NY.

Philly is #4 which is massive compared to little old San Antonio

Houston fans had me believing they were the 4th largest market, especially when they got Dwight. Cue LG Memeber "dreamshake" in 3, 2, 1...

Houston is 4th, Philly is 5th
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

WestwoodWizard wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Kawhi's game. I have followed him through college and during his pro career. That said, I don't see why we would want both him and PG on the same team. One is (presumably) going to opt out and be a FA and has expressed interest in being a Laker. The other is still under contract, with a major Lakers rival, and seems to have either quit on his team this year, or is dealing with very legitimate health concerns. Keeping the majority of last season's roster intact while going after a FA just makes much more sense to me than giving up some of our promising young talent for someone who will be a FA in a season. Of course there is no guarantee we will land PG, but the chances seem high enough to not pull the trigger on any trade with a team that has no desire to do us any favors. Maybe I am missing something, but this is just how I see things right now.

We do it because Kawhi Leonard is a 2x DPOY, multi-time all star, a Finals MVP and one of the top 5 best players in the league while Paul George is a pretty good 2nd option.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Title should change to "worried his group wants him in LA, New York, or Philly".

Cuz you know, that's what the article actually says.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I think a dark horse candidate to trade for him could be the Suns. They have a ton of assets & draft picks and probably want to try getting Booker into the playoffs soon. They may try an F-it, Why Not deal like the PG trade last year
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

That's the more likely scenario although they will have to include JBayless to work.

Interesting tidibit:

What Popovich did not say at the time, however, was that while Leonard was in New York, he saw Dr. Jonathan Glashow, an orthopedic surgeon and co-chair of Sports Medicine at New York City's Mount Sinai Medical Center who has professional affiliations with the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers.

i noticed that also...not sure if it means anything.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Jody Meeks says yes

Lebron says no.

And to be fair, curious why Kobe needed yearly trips to Germany for miraculous knee treatments?

Lakers need to be patient and damned certain before “trading” for Leonard. While I agree he has an impressive resume, they have to make sure he still is or can still be that same player. IMO it is too big a risk to hope he can be. They have to know it is not recurring and he is never the same player again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

i think once you affiliate yourself with the clippers your professional nba career immediately becomes tarnished with $hit until you leave the team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 2 of 878
Jump to: