Please Delete This Post Anniversary Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1870, 1871, 1872 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
IPK wrote:
Wut u say bout momma?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Oh, Mommas and Rock n Roll.
I'll swing with you baby!

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
IPK wrote:
Wut u say bout momma?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Oh, Mommas and Rock n Roll.
I'll swing with you baby!

EB approves
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Fine. I guess I'll allow it since it's rockabilly.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Wohaa.
World Naked Gardening Day.

Enjoy the view. I'm sure you all have neighbours with bodies to die for.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Wohaa.

Just don't kill them with making them see you. Gardening. Naked.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Wohaa.

hoes before clothes?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
nyc the next couple of days

bout to get fatter brb

I love nyc.
Enjoy, my brother.
Would love to read all you can muster.

Me too, and ever more so today. I flew home last Wednesday. Spent all that day in transit, thanks to a freakish delay stopover delay sandwich that kept me in MCI Kansas City for 4+ hours, and this being PDTP, it was most mediocre as sandwiches go, with LaGuardia and LAX as the day-old jawbreaking ciabatta, worn and weathered by the unkind handling and reaching over it for other, better breads. Kansas City airport was the surprising mystery meat of the journey. Not great, yet also not resentment grade. They had a Pizza Hut, a favorable ratio of LaZ-type cushioned leather seating, and one of those generic airport "Mexican" cantina-style, full-service joints behind the TSA wonderwall in my terminal. It's called Tequileros (sp). Normally I would've been happy with the Hut, however, after an entire weekend of pepperonilingus on god tier triboro pizzas, that wouldn't do. So I went with Mexican, and the food was a joke, I knew that going in. Their "made to order" guacamole had the unmistakably synthetic flavor packet crap in it along with the telltale glaze of store-bought gringo guacamole. I took my one bite and then put a napkin over it so as to eschew any judgment by my waitress as to its mint condition. Still bright green today, no doubt, in a dump somewhere. The menu offered each of its entrees in either authentic Mexican or American styling, which means sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Who was the first guy whose palate was so timid that he tasted Mexican food and then turned it into this bastardized suburban casserole that persisted through to today? That this was the most pleasant piece of the day should tell you everything about LAX and LaGuardia. That was my first and last time using LaGuardia.

My time in New York was a bit reserved...mild, relative to the handful of post-9/11 visits I've made. No high-octane clubs, no late nights out, zero alcohol... yet it might top the list if I rank by consistent and genuine enjoyment. The wholesome dynamic of the trip reflects the quality of my travel party. This person somehow pounced on a limited time offer for California residents only: the southwest companion pass.

https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/tiers-more-companion-pass

It's essentially a BOGO fare deal usually earned through rewards points, but was offered to California residents as a limited time promotion if they signed up for the Southwest visa card. We have used the (bleep) out of it since January...we've flown to the bay area 8 times (Oakland Int'l is the real MVP), Portland twice, Vegas thrice, Seattle, Dallas, with Chicago and Buffalo (--->Toronto and Niagara) booked in the next few weeks. Southwest allows 2 checked bags for free and FREE cancellation of bookings up to 1 hour before flight IIRC. Awesome times. We also both got global entry which includes TSA pre for about $100 per. She is a nut for rollercoasters, and most of these trips were born out of her desire to visit that city's Six Flags park, since their annual pass grants you admission to all Six Flags parks nationwide, and at $70 a pop, that makes it a ludicrous deal, especially when you consider that a few of these parks also double as impressive wildlife conservatories, which is something that I didn't know I was a geek about until this year. The one in the bay area, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, has at least 6 tigers. One is a white Bengal tiger named Odin, and he's one of my favorite people I've ever met. At 16, he has lived well-past the life expectancy of a tiger, and is the park's eldest. He has a limp, he is active throughout the day, and this sets him apart from the other tigers, some of whom are much younger. Odin prowls like Brando, he swims, he tries to pee on you through the chain link, he growls and roars in aggression. I had never heard a big cat roar before this year, and I cannot tell you enough about what an intimidating and awe-inspiring thing it is to behold. Ten feet away from Odin's enclosure is the lion enclosure, and it contains a male named Leo and a lioness whose name escapes me. Leo's roar was less carnal, less beastly than Odin's...more soulful and majestic, and that's no hyperbole. When he roars, he can be heard throughout the park, and it's is impossible for me to place a value on experiencing it. It sounded pretty similar to this:

In all of my visits to the LA Zoo and San Diego zoo I had never seen the showpieces awake and on their feet, much less roaring and preening.
Six Flags Great Adventure, in addition to its collection of coasters that rivals our Magic Mountain's, has its own safari park and nature preserve. I won't get into the multitude of things you can see there beyond this quick freakout about the bear area: they have at least 25 American black bears and a similar amount of european brown bears which are MUCH larger and more aggressive! They are all around! I've never seen a bear in the wild, and I've never seen a zoo bear that was awake. They were doing things like scratching their backs on boulders, pooping, spooning one another, it was great. We came to the park twice in two days and "rode" the safari attraction 5x.

To be near to both Six Flags and LaGuardia we stayed at an airport hotel in Newark

https://www.yelp.com/biz/best-western-plus-newark-airport-west-newark?osq=best+western+plus+airport

which seemed like a cute idea based on quick glances at google maps directions at different times of the day. To drive in the NY/NJ area is to experience constant anxiety, as parkway exits appear suddenly, many of which are poorly marked if at all, and the turnoffs, if you can spot them in time before having to go 5-6 miles to the next one, are comically sharp. To complement the physical challenges, they also have the mind(bleep) toll plazas for two states to encumber drivers, for which I spent quite a bit of yesterday on the phone trying--unsuccessfully--to achieve any assurance that I a.) paid the tolls and b.) did not overpay. Woe to the unwary driver.

For our NYC leg, we stayed at a boutique hotel adjacent to Times Square
https://www.yelp.com/biz/room-mate-grace-hotel-new-york
Not my choice. Wouldn't have been my 2nd, 3rd, or even 10th choice for a hotel based on its location or price, but was actually decent other than the room size: no sitting surfaces other than the bed itself and an ottoman. I've always felt at home in New York City, and always fantasized about living there for a time. My twenties came and went, and, against the odds, my singleness with them, so that ship has sailed. We all know how awesome the place is in every aspect, but since I got back I've been waxing about just how (bleep) amazing the food is, beyond the typical pablum. Every single bite I took of everything I ate was a 10/10 home run. Everything. There was this market with a hot food bar downstairs and up the stree tfrom our room

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-manhattan-new-york?osq=cafe+manhattan

It appeared unremarkable from outside, its signage obscured by scaffolding. We'd just sat for an hour+ in traffic and hadn't eaten, and were pulled in by the appetizing aromas and the tasteful look for a quick bite. Let me just say, making great effort to avoid exaggerating, that the hot food bar was more delicious, fresher, and of higher quality than the best Vegas buffets, fully considering that Vegas buffets not are all that great, so this is for scale, but every one of the entrees was 100% spot on and not insulted in any way, and as someone whose lifestyle means that I will frequent these mediocre hot food bar-type places at home (including Whole Foods...yuck), I must sing these highest of praises, which I use like saffron. Other eats I had included a Halal Guys impostor food truck, Ray's Pizza which may or may not be a chain, I don't know, a nondescript hot dog cart on the street, a cozy, touristy restaurant in little Italy, and a mcmuffin from a Times Square McDonalds. My mouth is watering at just remembering all of it. It could simply be that I was lucky with my choices, but I don't believe so.

Typifying the more subdued soul of this trip, much of my time was spent strolling and people watching which are among my most treasured pastimes, and have come to appreciate so much more immensely for reasons I haven't yet been able to define. I spent more sitting, standing, and walking in Central Park than in all other trips combined. I found out that the park contains a tennis center near its north end, and its courts are surfaced with lovely green clay. I came upon this place during a walk in the late afternoon, when a good 3/4 of the court space was occupied by pensioners, their play much more youthful and vigorous than they looked. I sat on a bench there for half an hour watching them, enjoying the birds, the tennis, the peace, the silence. I met some pretty fantastic dogs in the park (will edit to add pics), including a good boy lab named Hudson who posed for a photo after leaping to kiss me on the lips. I have been thinking about him everyday, that guy was pure joy. After walking the length of the park, I took the 6 downtown to make my first ride on the Staten Island ferry at dusk, which provides some nice face time with the Statue of Liberty and a free skyline cruise.

I have been fascinated by the NYC subway ever since a chance late night viewing of HBO's Subway Stories from the late 90s. I highly recommend it, it's a moving collection of vignettes that together paint a picture of pre-9/11, pre-internet age New York City, from this sometimes visitor's perspective, anyway. Riding the trains is the part of an NYC trip that I most anticipate by far. It's still only $3 for one way (or 2 hours if you don't exit a station) There is no Broadway show more sublime, no meal more fulfilling, nothing more emblematic of the freedom in this city to me than an hours-long, multi-borough adventure through the transit system. I even have this strange affection for the smell down in the tunnels that I can't identify, It's like exhaust, but...not. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I am infinitely intrigued by the people menagerie down there, the way the demographic makeup of your car changes...more subtle and less absolute than the neighborhoods above, as the train bellows through Manhattan. For much of that ride on the 6 to bowling green, I sat next to a small group of well-to-do-looking school kids, maybe 4th or 5th graders, still in uniform. They must have just finished some organized activity in the park. They had these foam swords, and used them to bop one of their adult chaperones who was able to keep his focus on the novel he was reading. I listened to their childish antics until they got off the train at Astor Place, where their presence was replaced by a tattered beggar with his own harbinger, who introduced him as a disabled vet and politely apologized for the interruption..."thank you, and have a blessed day." The jewel of this NYC trip was a chance encounter down in the Times Square station with Leviticus Gory at the end of the day's ride. He is a Juilliard trained saxophonist, and he likes to perform down there. I came across him once almost 11 years ago in the village, where he was playing Take Five on his soprano sax, and it has haunted me ever since. Here he was again, Tuesday night, playing Jitterbug Waltz to an audience of exactly one...me. The 3 or 4 other people on the platform had earbuds in, and people who exited their trains walked past and rushed off to wherever without so much as an interested glance at this magical man. Here's a video of him from 08ish which youtube took down, inexplicably, but I downloaded it:

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:14 pm; edited 7 times in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Dude...too many words for pdtp. At the same time congrats for the longest post on this thread by a country mile.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Dude...too many words for pdtp. At the same time congrats for the longest post on this thread by a country mile.

jmk's fault, no surprise there
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Adderall is not always your friend.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Adderall is not always your friend.

I don't think it was Adderall. It was that whatever he got in the subway.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Thoughts @CMB
OMGOMGOMG I stayed at that same freakin' hotel the week before the 2014 Super Bowl played in New York, and I can't wait to tell that tale again. But first:

The dreaded layover. I usually fly LAX - JFK non-stop on Jet Blue's midweek flight departing just after midnight and arriving a little after 8 am. Many sleep, I usually can't until I've had a few cocktails, so I immediately start chatting up the steward/stewardess for some free drinks. Catch a couple Zzzzs, wake up on the descent, then gather my luggage, a bagel and coffee, and brace for the cab ride to the hotel to drop bags. While waiting to check in at the Room Mate Grace Hotel, me and the GF wandered into the pool/bar/lounge noting the only thing it lacked was a brass pole. Seriously, this place is awesome(!?) and we couldn't wait to check out the nightlife:
BAR
POOL
POOL
SERIOUSLY

So we set out to see the sights and took the subway to Brooklyn for some pizza and a walk back across the Brooklyn Bridge towards Manhattan which is one of my favorite views and experiences ever. Come out by City Hall and the Tweed Courthouse and eventually wander back towards the hotel around 4:30 to check in a grab a nap. Wake up a few hours later and dress for sub-artic conditions. Thermals, pants, boots, ski jacket, scarf, gloves and hat. I can barely move as we shuffle down the hall towards the elevator. Push the DOWN button wondering how long we can survive in the freezing conditions we are about to experience, when the elevator doors open and we are greeted by a young, attractive, obviously impaired woman (barely) dressed for a date with Tarzan. A few square inches of leopard print fabric kept her modesty in tact for the few seconds it took for her to tell us that she just had sex with a couple guys (who were a couple) in a room upstairs, and now she is coming down to wash off in the pool.
Instant NYC BFF!

The elevator opened in the dark to the smell of chlorine, throbbing bass and the surreal glow of black light. Stepping out, we allowed ourselves to be pulled by our puffy winter coats, twisting down a short hallway from which we emerge, elevated, between the DJ and shower. I remember absently thinking that I've never seen so many people stuffed into a pool shower.
As I turned to the pool below, seeing the lounge chairs all around, taking in the bar on the far side, and again to the pool below...
I realized

Our trio was the only ones wearing anything
my companions were the only two girls in the place.

Naked. Men. Everywhere.
Fully aroused
Fully engaged in all manner of coupling.
Tripling. Quadrupling. In the open, in the shower and in the pool.
And we were intruders in their Private Party.

In a moment normally punctuated by a needle scratching across a record, one by one, all eyes turned towards us.
Leopard print girl walked into the pool, unfazed, leaving us alone with a decision to make.
Strip or leave.
We left.
But first, we grinded and grooved in our huge puffy clothing, announcing that, despite our layers and layers of clothes, we were hip and cool and
<blank stares>
then we just left

Dinner, bar, billiards, bar, and empanadas for the walk back.
As we turned the corner around 4am, we could hear the boys from the pool on the street in front of the hotel. The revelry winding down, partiers locating partners with whom to spend a few more hours.
The familiar smell of chlorine more pronounced as we moved closer.
"Find the party you were looking for?" someone teased.
Back inside, we walked through the lobby towards the pool - sign read "Closed for a private party".

The next morning we passed the pool again, watching workers skim the pool surface and thinking for the first time that they should probably use more chlorine.

That was New York City, Day One.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Thoughts @CMB
OMGOMGOMG I stayed at that same freakin' hotel the week before the 2014 Super Bowl played in New York, and I can't wait to tell that tale again. But first:

The dreaded layover. I usually fly LAX - JFK non-stop on Jet Blue's midweek flight departing just after midnight and arriving a little after 8 am. Many sleep, I usually can't until I've had a few cocktails, so I immediately start chatting up the steward/stewardess for some free drinks. Catch a couple Zzzzs, wake up on the descent, then gather my luggage, a bagel and coffee, and brace for the cab ride to the hotel to drop bags. While waiting to check in at the Room Mate Grace Hotel, me and the GF wandered into the pool/bar/lounge noting the only thing it lacked was a brass pole. Seriously, this place is awesome(!?) and we couldn't wait to check out the nightlife:
BAR
POOL
POOL
SERIOUSLY

So we set out to see the sights and took the subway to Brooklyn for some pizza and a walk back across the Brooklyn Bridge towards Manhattan which is one of my favorite views and experiences ever. Come out by City Hall and the Tweed Courthouse and eventually wander back towards the hotel around 4:30 to check in a grab a nap. Wake up a few hours later and dress for sub-artic conditions. Thermals, pants, boots, ski jacket, scarf, gloves and hat. I can barely move as we shuffle down the hall towards the elevator. Push the DOWN button wondering how long we can survive in the freezing conditions we are about to experience, when the elevator doors open and we are greeted by a young, attractive, obviously impaired woman (barely) dressed for a date with Tarzan. A few square inches of leopard print fabric kept her modesty in tact for the few seconds it took for her to tell us that she just had sex with a couple guys (who were a couple) in a room upstairs, and now she is coming down to wash off in the pool.
Instant NYC BFF!

The elevator opened in the dark to the smell of chlorine, throbbing bass and the surreal glow of black light. Stepping out, we allowed ourselves to be pulled by our puffy winter coats, twisting down a short hallway from which we emerge, elevated, between the DJ and shower. I remember absently thinking that I've never seen so many people stuffed into a pool shower.
As I turned to the pool below, seeing the lounge chairs all around, taking in the bar on the far side, and again to the pool below...
I realized

Naked. Men. Everywhere.
Fully aroused

In a moment normally punctuated by a needle scratching across a record, one by one, all eyes turned towards us.
Leopard print girl walked into the pool, unfazed, leaving us alone with a decision to make.
Strip or leave.
We left.
But first, we grinded and grooved in our huge puffy clothing, announcing that, despite our layers and layers of clothes, we were hip and cool and
<blank stares>
then we just left

As we turned the corner around 4am, we could hear the boys from the pool on the street in front of the hotel. The revelry winding down, partiers locating partners with whom to spend a few more hours.
Back inside, we walked through the lobby towards the pool - sign read "Closed for a private party".

The next morning we passed the pool again, watching workers skim the pool surface and thinking for the first time that they should probably use more chlorine.

So descriptive. I feel like I was actually there.. Wait...maybe I was...
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Don't mean to sympathy hunt but since I dont wanna tell anyone in my life yet, imma drop it here.

As a transfer CC student I got accepted to every university I applied to, got a bunch of gifts and congratulation texts from fam/friends. Now I failed both my classes this semester.I'm already at the unit transfer limit so I can only take these two classes for the entire next year. So I guess I'll be working full time and (bleep) on LG for another year.

Gonna (bleep) around and become Inspector Gadget 2.0 I guess lol
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Don't mean to sympathy hunt but since I dont wanna tell anyone in my life yet, imma drop it here.

As a transfer CC student I got accepted to every university I applied to, got a bunch of gifts and congratulation texts from fam/friends. Now I failed both my classes this semester.I'm already at the unit transfer limit so I can only take these two classes for the entire next year. So I guess I'll be working full time and (bleep) on LG for another year.

A message from future you...you're not a janitor, you're a maintenance technician.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

A message from future you...you're not a janitor, you're a maintenance technician.

Another message from future you. It's okay to lie on your resume. Odds are no one will ever check your references.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Another message from future you. It's okay to lie on your resume. Odds are no one will ever check your references.

or even read it at all.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

I'm going to start counting the number of times per day I call some a f*&cking d*&khead. I have a feeling it will be a lot.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

That would be a low number for me. I prefer creative mashups of incredibly offensive words. I do have one favorite which is used several times a day.

Of course, that's only under my breath or in my mind.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Thoughts @CMB

BAR
POOL
POOL
SERIOUSLY

Instant NYC BFF!

I realized

Naked. Men. Everywhere.
Fully aroused

Strip or leave.
We left.
<blank stares>
then we just left

Jesus christ what the F. That's (bleep) lucky. Lucky that I got to stay at the same hotel, and lucky that you got that much activity. Everytime we'd leave for our day trips, we'd peer through the windows in the lounge at the pool during its operating hours and there was never ANYONE there. I kept kicking myself because I never woke up early enough to use the pool (not to vogue in anyone else's jizz, not even my own, mind you), but to relax. I feel much better about not soaking in there now...but I want to go back if only to have that same experience.

Now tell us about day 2!
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Yea, spill the beans on day 2... or it didn't happen.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

50 shades of JMK?
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Jesus christ what the F. That's (bleep) lucky. Lucky that I got to stay at the same hotel, and lucky that you got that much activity. Everytime we'd leave for our day trips, we'd peer through the windows in the lounge at the pool during its operating hours and there was never ANYONE there. I kept kicking myself because I never woke up early enough to use the pool (not to vogue in anyone else's jizz, not even my own, mind you), but to relax. I feel much better about not soaking in there now...but I want to go back if only to have that same experience.

Now tell us about day 2!

Woke up just in time for a street dog on the short walk to the early show of Kinky Boots. Everyone says you have to see a Broadway show, and I've more than fulfilled my obligation, so my excitement was reserved for what to do next. The show was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyable and I lost myself in the story. Loved it, and we decided to make this a day of the Arts and hit the museums.
Cab ride to the Guggenheim.
Pro-tip: The walkway to view the art is an interior inclined plane running along the circular museum wall climbing 6-8 stories. Rather than walk up, take the elevator to the top and walk down. The art looks better when you aren't pretending not to be winded. Visited another museum, and walked through the park ending up at the old FAO Schwarz on 5th Ave. The place was packed, so we did a little shopping, grabbed our bags and hustled for the door navigating around kids and mothers and strollers and
<THUD>
A tiny toddler who had pulled himself to standing behind a stroller lost his grip and fell on my right boot, size 12, in full forward stride, launching his rag doll body down the aisle.
The <THUD> was the baby returning to Earth.
The scream was his grandmother.
The gasp was the collective horror of the other mothers who just witnessed a big ol dude punt a baby down the main aisle of FAO Schwarz. I stayed to make sure the toddler was ok (he was) and that the grandmother was ok (she most certainly was NOT) and then slinked out the door, welcoming the blast of cold air.
"Where is a fair catch when you need one?" joked the GF.
"That kid owes me a shoe shine" I muttered, gallows humor hiding our concern.

Back to the room to freshen up and change for dinner.
Fancy dinner in the rotating restaurant atop the 48 story Westin Hotel, called The View. We met our party at the bar, catching up and enjoying the New York City skyline. We were seated around 9:30 or so, and eagerly perused the menu until one of our party whispered and pointed to the window. Looking outside, we could see into the adjacent W Hotel. About five floors below was a brightly lit hotel room with the curtains open, framing two adult type people as though they were on a stage. A male/female couple were engaged in an act I later came to understand as "pegging".
We were mesmerized. Laughing, joking, curious glances and stares, giggling at the outrageous naughtiness of it all. Soon, we realized that half the restaurant had already seen the couple and now their attention was focused on the reaction of others. The rest of dinner was punctuated by gasps and guffaws, as the restaurant continued to turn.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Your experience isn't uncommon. There's a hotel in Hollywood with a a rooftop area that has a view of a couple in an adjacent building doing something slightly more tame but along the same lines.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1870, 1871, 1872 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next
Page 1871 of 2025
Jump to: