How confident are you that Paul George will sign with Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How confident are you that Paul George will sign with Lakers?
Totally confident
22%
 22%  [ 39 ]
Very confident
31%
 31%  [ 54 ]
Somewhat confident
30%
 30%  [ 53 ]
Not very confident
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Not at all confident
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 171

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Very

Ok this makes me bump by 60% confidence to 67%. Haha

My word shouldn't take it beyond 62%, my man.

You sell yourself short, sir.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Let's also not forget about Brian Shaw when pondering this. He and George have had a very close relationship for years. I doubt associate head coaches are usually at pitch meetings, but I'd expect Shaw to be present when the Lakers make their pitch to George.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I really hope Aaron Mintz is telling PG.. how bad OKCs outlook is... I think he wants his client in LA, so I’m pretty sure he’s gonna be in his ear in these next 2 months.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I still have a hard time putting it beyond 50/50 until the contract is signed.

Every bit of logic I can cobble together at this point leads to a strong likelihood PG signs with the Lakers. Still, when it comes to free agency, unpredictability is the norm and logic is hit or miss, particularly when we don't have all the information first hand and can't climb inside these player's heads.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Every bit of logic I can cobble together at this point leads to a strong likelihood PG signs with the Lakers. Still, when it comes to free agency, unpredictability is the norm and logic is hit or miss, particularly when we don't have all the information first hand and can't climb inside these player's heads.

You're right, because traditionally FA's sign where the most MONEY is and Agents advise their clients to do so, as they are typically getting a percentage of that money and mo-money is better than lo-money...!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

You're right, because traditionally FA's sign where the most MONEY is and Agents advise their clients to do so, as they are typically getting a percentage of that money and mo-money is better than lo-money...!

I compare PG13’s FA to Hayward and Horford’s FA. They both left more money to join a non championship Celtics team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

It’s not like the alternative is low money tho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

A lot of players the last several years have walked away from the 5th year and take less money to play where they want.

Howard
Bosh
Lebron (twice)
Durant
Hayward
Horford
Aldridge
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

hes coming to LA

ive never been so sure in my life
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

But, But Paintball with Westbrook?!?!?

chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Totally confident.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

If he's the guy Lebron wants then I'm very confident.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

I want Pg number one. My fear is Lebron will choose La with the condition we trade our youngsters for Kl. And we do not get Pg and we lose say Bi or Lonzo.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

PG has been looking forward to being a Laker for the past 2 yrs... it’s 100% certain he’s coming here.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I want Pg number one. My fear is Lebron will choose La with the condition we trade our youngsters for Kl. And we do not get Pg and we lose say Bi or Lonzo.

I don’t see that scenario playing out at all. It seems to assume that LeBron would sign before George, which is unlikely. It’s much more likely that George signs up first. I think the Lakers recognize that George is the key to getting LeBron. Who knows where the Lakers rank on LeBron’s list (CLE, LAL, HOU, PHI) at this point, but if they’re not first already, signing George would likely be the move that causes them to jump a team or two. That’s the game-changing move as far as a LeBron pursuit is concerned.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm 100% sure, it's no accident that the rumors of PG wanting to be a Lakers began right when Maginka got hired in the front office. PG & his agent tanked PG's trade value by going to the media of him only wanting to go to the Lakers and that whoever trades for him is getting a rental. Lakers took a $500K fine for tampering with PG last summer. PG has let it be known that he wants to return home. I doubt PG and his camp would go through this whole process and at the last minute not follow through with it, this has been a year long process and wait for a reason, and it's going to happen IMO.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

So is July 1st the day Magic can call and text Paul and get him to join the Lakers?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
So is July 1st the day Magic can call and text Paul and get him to join the Lakers?

9PM (Pacific Time) on June 30th is when the Lakers can contact players. Can not officially sign until a week later....(July 7th @ 8 or 9 AM Eastern Time where league office is located)
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

He’s comin home. Kawhi too. And IT. And BroLo. #homecoming
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

9PM (Pacific Time) on June 30th is when the Lakers can contact players. Can not officially sign until a week later....(July 7th @ 8 or 9 AM Eastern Time where league office is located)

Whoa, slow down cowboy, you are talking about Free Agents, as of right now, PG is under contract, which he can/may/will opt out of...

Does anybody know when Players can opt out of their contracts?

Is it before Free Agency contact begins?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I think our chance to sign George is higher than our chance to sign LMA or Droz or Love or any of the pipe dream FA”s we’ve been chasing over the past 3-5 years. At least we have some talent now, we have a vision and we appear to be headed towards .500 next season.

Also Mitch and Jim were not respected around the league as guys with savvy and the LMA meeting was a complete embarrassment, they actually sealed their fate with that. I feel that Rob specifically is extremely impressive, even if Magic and Luke aren’t so much. I have faith in him.

The actual chance of PG coming here isn’t geeat IMO...maybe 25%. Unless he has some overwhelming desire to play in LA, waiting for our youngsters to develop in a brutal conference probably isn’t where he wants to spend his prime. I’m pretty certain it’s not where Lebron wants his career to finish either. Maybe 10% on Lebron coming.

So there is a chance, because under Mitch and Jim I believe we had a 0% chance to land an impact FA’s. I’m expecting us to Reup Julius, maybe sign Alex Len or Noel or both, maybe we keep KCP...and we punt a max spot until next offseason. Maybe the stars will align, but I’m not getting my hopes up. If I’m PG and LBJ and I want to team up, I probably go to philly and the weak east.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I think our chance to sign George is higher than our chance to sign LMA or Droz or Love or any of the pipe dream FA”s we’ve been chasing over the past 3-5 years. At least we have some talent now, we have a vision and we appear to be headed towards .500 next season.

Also Mitch and Jim were not respected around the league as guys with savvy and the LMA meeting was a complete embarrassment, they actually sealed their fate with that. I feel that Rob specifically is extremely impressive, even if Magic and Luke aren’t so much. I have faith in him.

The actual chance of PG coming here isn’t geeat IMO...maybe 25%. Unless he has some overwhelming desire to play in LA, waiting for our youngsters to develop in a brutal conference probably isn’t where he wants to spend his prime. I’m pretty certain it’s not where Lebron wants his career to finish either. Maybe 10% on Lebron coming.

So there is a chance, because under Mitch and Jim I believe we had a 0% chance to land an impact FA’s. I’m expecting us to Reup Julius, maybe sign Alex Len or Noel or both, maybe we keep KCP...and we punt a max spot until next offseason. Maybe the stars will align, but I’m not getting my hopes up. If I’m PG and LBJ and I want to team up, I probably go to philly and the weak east.

Umm...so why did Indiana trade him again?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Great post. PG is coming. I also think he will give a verbal and work with the FO (in terms of taking less money) if they accomplish certain parameters he may want or is interested in.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Umm...so why did Indiana trade him again?

Because they could get the same production and less drama out of Victor Oladipo and they nailed down a solid prospect in Sabonis.

Also they traded him because he wasn't going to come back to Indiana as a free agent. Not because it was to the Lakers, but because he could go anywhere and they'd lose him for nothing. They made a smart decision.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I don’t see that scenario playing out at all. It seems to assume that LeBron would sign before George, which is unlikely. It’s much more likely that George signs up first. I think the Lakers recognize that George is the key to getting LeBron. Who knows where the Lakers rank on LeBron’s list (CLE, LAL, HOU, PHI) at this point, but if they’re not first already, signing George would likely be the move that causes them to jump a team or two. That’s the game-changing move as far as a LeBron pursuit is concerned.

Why are you assuming one "needs" to sign before the other. JMO but I would think any of the free agents interested in signing with the Lakers will be talking beforehand.

In this case James and George would have a discussion well before the signing of either. Kind of a "are we doing this thing" moment. Do they want to play together? Does George want to be the "Man" or another sidekick that will get intense criticism if something goes wrong? Signing James will satisfy the front office with an over-hyped "Decision" reveal. George can go along for the ride.

I prefer the primary focus to be George. He fits what they have in place and project to be over the next couple seasons.

If they choose to sign James or trade for Leonard who knows where that path takes them. Those decisions change the dynamics of team building in dramatic fashion. Who the hell knows where that path leads?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: