Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 432, 433, 434 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
You think they'd do it at 170lbs JB?

Yeah but there's next to no chance it happens. Askren and Dana have had an ongoing beef for awhile.

I think Khabib eventually moves up to 170. He's got a massive frame a la RDA.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

The guy who owns the channel said exactly what you said about Usman. Said he calls him the Nigerian Khabib
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah but there's next to no chance it happens. Askren and Dana have had an ongoing beef for awhile.

Agreed. Askren doesn't trust Dana anymore after he left him high and dry.

Check out this clip of Wonderboy and Usman chatting it up. It's wierd to see Thompson talk a little trash haha

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Check out this clip of Wonderboy and Usman chatting it up. It's wierd to see Thompson talk a little trash haha

Damn! I forgot to post that clip after I saw it earlier.

Real talk between fighters sounds a lot like fans gabbing it up around the water cooler. Till is going to be a problem because he’s freaking huge by fight night and has that unbelievable reach working in his favor but the line about Bisping moving on and the organization looking for his replacement was pretty spot on.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Damn! I forgot to post that clip after I saw it earlier.

Real talk between fighters sounds a lot like fans gabbing it up around the water cooler. Till is going to be a problem because he’s freaking huge by fight night and has that unbelievable reach working in his favor but the line about Bisping moving on and the organization looking for his replacement was pretty spot on.

Word and I had never even considered that. Especially with Conor MIA, UFC needs a draw for the UK.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Maia filling in for the injured Ponzanibio against Usman. Poor Damian, they keep feeding him to wrestlers lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Weak card this weekend IMO, but I might just be ignorant.

Any other interesting fights besides Souza vs Gastelum?

Machida vs Belfort might be interesting too but both are past their prime
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

It's a Brazil-heavy card so there's not much intrigue outside the country's borders. I mean, when Machido/Belfort is the fight before the headliner ...

Souza is teetering on the fringe after flirting with elite contender status. He had an impressive bounce back win after Whittaker pieced him up but that was against Brunson. Gastelum is on a more upward trajectory so he stands to gain more by a win, IMO.

I'm interested to see which version of the Lioness shows up after two subpar efforts against Bullet.

Just a bummer that the one time I'm actually free for a UFC PPV, it's an unimpressive card.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

It's a Brazil-heavy card so there's not much intrigue outside the country's borders. I mean, when Machido/Belfort is the fight before the headliner ...

Souza is teetering on the fringe after flirting with elite contender status. He had an impressive bounce back win after Whittaker pieced him up but that was against Brunson. Gastelum is on a more upward trajectory so he stands to gain more by a win, IMO.

I'm interested to see which version of the Lioness shows up after two subpar efforts against Bullet.

Just a bummer that the one time I'm actually free for a UFC PPV, it's an unimpressive card.

agreed w/ everything here. If Souza can get a KO I think it put him back in the title shot convo. Gastelum just needs a win.

Hopefully you get time for the June and July cards because those ones are STACKED
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

agreed w/ everything here. If Souza can get a KO I think it put him back in the title shot convo. Gastelum just needs a win.

Hopefully you get time for the June and July cards because those ones are STACKED

There’s a small chance the artist I backup may cancel her monthly residency because she’s getting really burnt out on the promoter. But that may not happen until after our July show. Just my luck.

But I’d definitely be down to catch an event at a meetup whenever that residency runs it’s course.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

There’s a small chance the artist I backup may cancel her monthly residency because she’s getting really burnt out on the promoter. But that may not happen until after our July show. Just my luck.

But I’d definitely be down to catch an event at a meetup whenever that residency runs it’s course.

That would suck if she cancelled right after the July 7 card!

Yeah if anyone is gonna do a meetup post it in here. I might be rolling from the IE lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

That would suck if she cancelled right after the July 7 card!

Yeah if anyone is gonna do a meetup post it in here. I might be rolling from the IE lol

As mentioned before, I'm usually at a sports bar for 90% of the UFC PPV's so I'm down for most cards.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

UFC got their new TV deal, guess with who?

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-ESPN-Groundbreaking-Agreement?sf88202595=1
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Just in time for Conor/Khabib, Stipe/DC/Cain/Jones
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Yup! I wonder what analysts they're going to bring over? Because ESPN has close to 0 MMA expertise. Okamoto is good at the reporter side but he can't really breakdown fights from what I've seen
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Yup! I wonder what analysts they're going to bring over? Because ESPN has close to 0 MMA expertise. Okamoto is good at the reporter side but he can't really breakdown fights from what I've seen

Expect hot takes galore.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

The thought of Stephen A covering MMA makes me nauseous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

2 good fights so far for a card I called trash lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Don’t wanna post spoilers but what a card so far! On the Souza Gastelum fight rn
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I had this fight 29-28 the other way :/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Great card so far. Close fight w Souza/Gastelum. Either way would have been fine for me. Surprised he got the decision in Rio.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Great card so far. Close fight w Souza/Gastelum. Either way would have been fine for me. Surprised he got the decision in Rio.

Agreed, I think having the better chin/cardio got him the win. Souza up there in age
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Fantastic night of fights. Bellator had some good fights too. Great UFC card with a ton of action. Throw in Lomachenko and I was flipping channels like a mad man.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Fantastic night of fights. Bellator had some good fights too. Great UFC card with a ton of action. Throw in Lomachenko and I was flipping channels like a mad man.
Bahahahah!! So ironic that cinco de mayo was meh and the next week is full of fights lol

Suprised nunes didn’t call out cyborg with her opportunity
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Bahahahah!! So ironic that cinco de mayo was meh and the next week is full of fights lol

Suprised nunes didn’t call out cyborg with her opportunity

Dawg...no chick wants to go into the ring with Cybrog. Real talk...steroids leaves its imprints regardless if you stopped it and are clean now. Doesn't matter. Your ill gained musculature and strength is there. It's kind of BS...ESPECIALLY when you're fighting other women. It's not right imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 432, 433, 434 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 433 of 499
Jump to: