The Avengers: INFINITY WAR (April 2018) - Spoiler Warning (Enter at Own Risk)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The intrigue for me wasn't and isn't IF they will come back.. but HOW?
Even my 10 year old knew they weren't dead... they just vanished and faded away. It's not like there were corpses laying around. Where were they? and how were they going to be brought back? were they questions being asked.

And at what cost? Like I said before... I think there will be some sacrifices made in order to bring everyone back.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Even my 10 year old knew they weren't dead... they just vanished and faded away. It's not like there were corpses laying around. Where were they? and how were they going to be brought back? were they questions being asked.

And at what cost? Like I said before... I think there will be some sacrifices made in order to bring everyone back.

Yeah that quote by Thanos early in the movie about balance seems big. There will likely be sacrifices on one side of the Avengers to bring back those who are lost. Everyone who faded away is safe. Everyone who is alive is in danger.

Gamora, Heimdall, Vision, & Loki are dead though. Should be.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Thanos was AWESOME. Best villain in all the Marvel movies I've seen. Thanos was so much fun to watch.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Two Different Perspectives:

SPOILERS----------------------------------

If you look at Infinity War through the heroe's perspective, it feels incomplete. BUT...

If you look at Infinity War though Thanos' perspective, it feels so satisfying. Thanos is basically the "hero" of the movie, and he won, and he got the "sunset" ending he wanted. Marvel made a villain movie, with the villain winning.

I love it.

I want to rewatch it with this perspective.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Yeah that quote by Thanos early in the movie about balance seems big. There will likely be sacrifices on one side of the Avengers to bring back those who are lost. Everyone who faded away is safe. Everyone who is alive is in danger.

Gamora, Heimdall, Vision, & Loki are dead though. Should be.

I think they'll find a way to save Gamora. Not sure if you saw the confirmation from the directors, but apparently there's a pocket dimension within the Soul Stone itself where all the souls (that Thanos took at the end) of the disintegrated people went. That's also where he was last shown with the child version of Gamora. So if she's there, can't she potentially be brought back like we expect the others to be?
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thanosdidnothingwrong/ hilarious memes

Here's a spoiler lol

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Windows_Logo_1995.svg
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

If you ask me, its kinda predictable, i think in the next one *or the next two ones, they will find a way to defeat thanos and get the stones back where they belong, but thats just my guess

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Chris Pratt confirmed he'll be back as starlord. Pretty much confirmed that all the people who "disappeared" will be back.

He needs to sign a NDA with Michael Cohen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Thanos was AWESOME. Best villain in all the Marvel movies I've seen. Thanos was so much fun to watch.

Lebron?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

Finally watched it.

Was entertained but annoyed with the ending (though realizing that there was 0% chance that the disappeared were gone forever).

I mean, Black Panther/Spidey are such cash cows. No way they end that billion $ cash cow.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally watched it.

Was entertained but annoyed with the ending (though realizing that there was 0% chance that the disappeared were gone forever).

I mean, Black Panther/Spidey are such cash cows. No way they end that billion $ cash cow.

this ^^^, a franchise like that you have to bring them back.. its like FF franchise, even with paul walker gone they still rack it up

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

My girlfriend took me to watch it, never seen any avengers movies and very few marvel movies but I thought it was pretty good, entertaining and well made. I guess I gotta watch the next one now.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject:

Solid movie. I think Iron Man will bite the dust in Avengers 4. Maybe Captain America too. Everyone else will probably be alright.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject:

i enjoyed it this made me watch Guardians of the Galaxy which i also enjoyed chris pratt is funny lol

wait so was the Grute in Avengers, the same one that "died" and was like a sapling at the end of GOG??

also, does anyone know if the sequel Vol 2 is any good?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

I don't think Cap or Tony will die. I feel they'll fall into the Hawkeye role after Avengers 4.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I don't think Cap or Tony will die. I feel they'll fall into the Hawkeye role after Avengers 4.

The most bad ass thing they could do is give the Iron Man role to Gwyneth Paltrow. Let Bucky take over the mantle of Captain America. After that, start integrating the fantastic four.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

Awesome movie. Must watch if you're into comics. The part in the beginning of the movie where Thanos beats up Hulk was awesome character development and established his power. Russo brothers make the best comic book movies.

Dont like that its looking like Captain Marvel is going to be the one who defeats Thanos. Should have been Adam Warlock.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally watched it.

Thor: Ragnorak says Age of Ultron was 2 years in the past. Infinity Wars has to be somewhere 2+ years after Age of Ultron. This means Black Panther 2 or Spiderman 3 could exists between Age of Ultron and Infinity Wars.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Can't wait till the Bluray comes out to watch the deleted scenes!

Just watched the ones from Black Panther and they were great!

One the MCU does great is making us feel emotion. If you felt sad or letdown by the end of Infinity War it's because you were supposed to. The heros didn't win
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
The heros didn't win

Yup. Just like in the comics. Its one of the things that made the movie so good.

The ending scene with Thanos staring off into the sun (the scarecrow was awesome too) was great.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
22 wrote:
The heros didn't win

Yup. Just like in the comics. Its one of the things that made the movie so good.

The ending scene with Thanos staring off into the sun (the scarecrow was awesome too) was great.

100%!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely loved the movie. I saw it with my wife last night, and she really enjoyed it too. I get to watch it again on Memorial Day with my 9 year old son, and I can't wait...
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

It is me or does Robert Downey Jr. body proportions always look off when he is in the Iron man suit without his helmet?

And why does Iron Man not have his helmet so much. I dont want to see Tony Starks face when is in the suit. I want to see Iron Man.

The scene when Thanos stabs him would have looked so much cooler if Iron Man still had his mask on.

Also, why would marvel reference Adam Warlock at the end of Guardians 2 and not include him in an infinity gauntlet story line? Makes no sense. Hopefully its just a smoke screen that he isnt appearing in part 2
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
It is me or does Robert Downey Jr. body proportions always look off when he is in the Iron man suit without his helmet?

And why does Iron Man not have his helmet so much. I dont want to see Tony Starks face when is in the suit. I want to see Iron Man.

The scene when Thanos stabs him would have looked so much cooler if Iron Man still had his mask on.

Also, why would marvel reference Adam Warlock at the end of Guardians 2 and not include him in an infinity gauntlet story line? Makes no sense. Hopefully its just a smoke screen that he isnt appearing in part 2

Robert Downey Jr. looks funny even without the suit. Both him and Tom Cruise has that older man body where they're not fat, but not entirely fit either. Is the correct term "dad bod"? It always looks like he's puffing his chest out to look like it's big.

I agree about Adam Warlock. His story seems to be so complex that I don't know why they want to introduce him at this point. There's no way they can do him justice and it will just anger comic fan nuts if he doesn't live up to expectations. But maybe that teaser was just candy for the hardcore fans. Most of us, me included at the time, won't know what it referenced.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SPOILERS...

I think the key to this will be Doctor Strange with the time stone. He said earlier that there was 1 scenario (out of the millions) in which they defeat Thanos, and as Doctor Strange was fading away, he told Stark that "it had to be this way", or something like that. As if it's what he wanted.

The most hard-to-accept point of the film for me was Starlord screwing up the entire fate of the universe because he just had to hit Thanos as the plan was working and he was being held in check. Really? Like, I know his woman was killed, but this is fate-of-the-universe stuff. You really are going to be that rash? I don't buy that, and I also think that Stark would've been way more forceful to hold him at bay in that moment. Kind of felt cheap that Thanos got out of that situation in that way. I would've been more impressed had he just somehow gotten out of it without "getting help", so to speak.

Overall though, I really enjoyed it. I could've watched another couple of hours for sure.

Yeah that was basically my thoughts exactly, re: the scene with Dr. Strange.
Which TBH is BS, you're telling me Dr. Strange didn't see a future where they calm down Starlord and therefore defeat Thanos.

It’s more probable that even in the futures where Starlord calmed down (or was teleported or moved away) and they got the Infinity Gauntlet off of Thanos, they still lost, either because Thanos still beat them and took the gauntlet back or someone else grabbed the gauntlet and tried to use the power for themselves and screwed things up. It’s pretty clear that the one path to victory Strange saw was one where Thanos got all the stones and left the guys who are left still alive. Any other path and an essential person (like Stark for example, who Strange gave up the stone to save) or Cap or someone else would have died.

Right, there's no way I can argue this counterfactual. For all we know, what you said is true. It just feels unconvincing. The idea about someone else taking the gauntlet for themselves is alright, but even then Dr. Strange could plan against it. This is the problem with omniscience.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: