The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Philly reminds me of the Lakers pre-Phil Jackson era....lots of talent and young players that weren't ready for the big stage. I'd give them a couple of years to develop into contenders.

They are in a spectacular position. It'll be 76ers v. Celtics for the next 7 years. Easy to cheer them on against the Celtics.

Well, you also live there. But keep in mind, Cavs fans are ready to jump ship and become Ben Simmons/Philly fans. They are praying if Bron leaves, that'll be his landing spot. It's city that booed Santa Claus and threw snowballs at him. It's also the city that cheered when Michael Irvin's lifeless body was taken off the field in a career ending injury.

I get it, they aren't the fans that "Paak their Caas in Havaad Yaad to watch Maacus Smaat." But I have a hard time being happy for either fanbases. You can also throw CLE in that mix.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Been watching Philly-Boston

Philly is media hype and overrated. Embiid won't last to age 30 and Simmons can't shoot. Embiid can barely play over 30 minutes and thinks he's some Shaq/Hakeen combo shooting 39% from the floor. Some scrub and Saric extended that series for them. Ever since the eagles won the super bowl everyone in the media has ass slurped that city. Sure they'll say the Phillies are the best team in baseball soon. East coast bias rears its head for a city that has turned its fortunes around. The hype though is too much.

The Celtics are better and have Hayward and Irving sitting in street clothes, owe future lottery picks from either us, Sacramento and Memhphis (lol) and have a bunch of two way players and a future superstar in tatum. Tatum looks like anorth wheel chair pierce with better athleticism.

Wow. It's not that I disagree with anything you said, but this and your previous two posts (Lebron to LA, etc) have me questioning how serious of a Lakers fan I really am. lol. You are committed, that's for sure. And I'm not sure if anyone else here has used the term "ass slurped" before. Not that there's anything wrong with it. 👍🏿

They have a bright future and obviously a nice foundation, but it sickens me when the media just anoints a team as the greatest ever. Losing to a depleted Celtics team should be a learning experience for them, if they can get over their egos.

The media is calling them the greatest team ever? Wow totally agree with you. The hyperbole can get really annoying...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Philly or LA, should be interesting to see what LeBron chooses.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't the entire Lebron to LA thing based on the desire he he wants to live here year around, has two mansions in Brentwood and wants to build on his media empire post basketball? So where the hell does Philadelphia fit there?

I think Philly is only mentioned because there in the East

I took Boston will be just as tough to get through as the Warriors tbh. That team with a healthy Kyrie/Heyward + Tatum and Brown a year older + whatever they do with their 2019 Kings pick (I'm betting it gets traded) + (hate to admit it) the best coach in the NBA will be a monster. And they're on the ascendent while Warriors might be heading in the update direction after years of deep playoff runs and some tough decisions ahead.

Yes, the Celtics will be idiots to trade any of there major pieces for KL or any star player, Ainge might be greedy and is pro-active but he’s not gonna trade just to trade... Celtics will be favorites to win the title next year...
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
levon wrote:
I don't buy Lebron wanting to play off-ball for a second. He said that before every year when Kyrie was playing with him too. Kobe said that with Nash, too. Guys of that caliber can only go so long without taking the ball and pulling out their DIY kit.

Plus, Lebron loves stats. He knows even if doesn't win another chip, he can challenge MJ with sheer longevity and climbing the counting stats leaderboards all time. There's no way he's going for a 29 5 5 season.

“What I was told is that LeBron has [played on the ball] because he’s never really had a teammate who was a playmaker for other guys.”

^The bold seems to be the difference. Kyrie’s style of play is more of a “let me get my own” type. And I don’t mean that in a negative way. He’s at his best when he’s looking to score.

He had Dwyane Wade, who would have been a master playmaker for him had they converged on that arrangement. Lebron is just going to be the best generator of offense on any team, so he's going to be on-ball most of the time if you want to win. Like I said, don't expect any 29 5 5 seasons. It's 26 9 9 from here on out.

Edit: Also, playing off ball takes a lot more energy than on-ball when you're James. There's nothing about James' circumstances today that would even point to it being the optimal strategy on any team. Plus there's a decade of evidence of him stacking talented teams but having the talent conform around him.

Last edited by levon on Tue May 08, 2018 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Philly just doesn’t strike me as having anything for Bron outside of basketball.

Poor Philly. They just don't have the beaches and entertainment industry necessary to get Lebron over the Warriors like we do. Those beaches sure do come in handy in the playoffs too.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe basketball is Lebron's main focus in free agency?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Philly just doesn’t strike me as having anything for Bron outside of basketball.

Poor Philly. They just don't have the beaches and entertainment industry necessary to get Lebron over the Warriors like we do. Those beaches sure do come in handy in the playoffs too.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe basketball is Lebron's main focus in free agency?

A guy who wants be in Space Jam 2 and has post-basketball motivation in business and entertainment isn’t gonna think only about basketball at the age of 34.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

What would Boston have to do to clear cap for Lebron? Trade Kyrie that's it?
Rozier
Brown/Tatum
Hayward
Bron
Horford
Coached by Stevens is a toss-up to beat the Warriors
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Philly reminds me of the Lakers pre-Phil Jackson era....lots of talent and young players that weren't ready for the big stage. I'd give them a couple of years to develop into contenders.

They are in a spectacular position. It'll be 76ers v. Celtics for the next 7 years. Easy to cheer them on against the Celtics.

Well, you also live there. But keep in mind, Cavs fans are ready to jump ship and become Ben Simmons/Philly fans. They are praying if Bron leaves, that'll be his landing spot. It's city that booed Santa Claus and threw snowballs at him. It's also the city that cheered when Michael Irvin's lifeless body was taken off the field in a career ending injury.

I get it, they aren't the fans that "Paak their Caas in Havaad Yaad to watch Maacus Smaat." But I have a hard time being happy for either fanbases. You can also throw CLE in that mix.

Heh. Don't live in Philly but am equidistantly between NYC and Philly. I identify with Philly more than NYC.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I'm sure LBJ will just buy two $20m mansions in the same town like he did in LA, and just start a Philly branch of his company that is in LA.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

It is indeed interesting that the city of Cleveland wants LeBron to join Philly if he leaves, especially considering that LA and Cleveland have no bad history with each other, you would think Cavs fans would want him in the West and not the East but maybe those aren’t even Cavs fan but are in fact only LeBron followers.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Philly has amazing young talent and not only in Embiid and Simmons but with Saric (very underrated), Fultz, and several picks. I'm not as high as ESPN on their two main guys, but they will be good. Their coach and players should get a lot better with this playoff experience. From a completely objective standpoint they have a brighter future than us. I think Lebron would fit very well. Like Dreamshake said, high IQ players find a way for things to work. However, I don't trust Colangelo in building a championship team. He seems like the kind of guys to do a trade just to do a trade.

I would like to add that the Sixers were easily the least likable team all year for me. Even more than Boston. Whether it was Embiid taunting players in game or their shooters celebrating after every play. The media constantly hyping them up as the next dynasty. Just got on my nerves.

I'm also not ready to anoint Boston as the next dynasty either. They have a lot of great players but they don't have that top 5 MVP-caliber guy. They are capped out and Ainge has been stingy with his assets and I'm not sure if that special superstar will be available for trade. Maybe AD or Giannis become available or Tatum and Brown become superstars. I don't think a team with just solid players all around like the Pistons will win another championship. How Boston fares against Cleveland in the ECF will be telling.

We do have serious young talent like the two teams I mentioned. If we sign PG and LBJ it should neutralize the asset and young talent advantage the other teams have. Say what you will about PG, but at least hes better than Hayward and Horford (debatable after these playoffs).

Signing Lebron and PG would reestablish LA as the premier FA destination. Even after Lebron and PG leave, we will be able to retool. Hopefully our young guys take value contracts and there is another cap jump giving us flexibility to sign the next big FA.

BUCK FOSTON. We will pass them in ships in the next five years.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

Lakers would probably beat Boston in 6. Lakers would arguably have the top 2 players out of the group.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

You know the NBA would do anything to have a Lakers v. Celtics Final for the next 2-3 years.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

Lakers would probably beat Boston in 6. Lakers would arguably have the top 2 players out of the group.

Stevens would coach 1million circles around the frat boy . Luke is solid, Stevens is elite. And Lebron's teams have a tendency to not be inventive stratigically..although I bet he wants that to change as he exits his prime

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

Stevens would coach 1million circles around the frat boy . Luke is solid, Stevens is elite

So we will win in 7 games big whoop.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

Sorry I think you need to include Randle in that group. And Kyrie at 100% is better than PG.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

We will have some pretty solid ring chasers as well, granted Boston has a decent enough bench to not need them.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

Sorry I think you need to include Randle in that group. And Kyrie at 100% is better than PG.

I hope we can keep Randle and get rid of Deng. If we keep Randle and Boston keeps Smart, I don't think it changes too much. Both teams gain versatility. Celtics more so on defense and Lakers more so on offense. I'd rather have Randle than Smart though.

Kyrie vs PG is definitely debatable. Personally, I'd rather have PG13 on the Lakers and if I had to choose between either to start my team. I prefer two-way players and big wings though.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

I hope we can keep Randle and get rid of Deng. If we keep Randle and Boston keeps Smart, I don't think it changes too much. Both teams gain versatility. Celtics more so on defense and Lakers more so on offense. I'd rather have Randle than Smart though.

Kyrie vs PG is definitely debatable. Personally, I'd rather have PG13 on the Lakers and if I had to choose between either to start my team. I prefer two-way players and big wings though.

Agreed 100%....stretching Deng gives us a better shot at signing Randle. I too prefer PG for the Lakers than Kyrie. PG like you said is a much better defender and longer, but Kyrie definitely the better offensive player and creater.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

Agreed 100%....stretching Deng gives us a better shot at signing Randle. I too prefer PG for the Lakers than Kyrie. PG like you said is a much better defender and longer, but Kyrie definitely the better offensive player and creater.

You can't sign LeBron and PG and keep Randle by merely stretching Deng. He will have to be traded without any salary coming back.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

You can't sign LeBron and PG and keep Randle by merely stretching Deng. He will have to be traded without any salary coming back.

I read that it's doable by stretching Deng and giving Randle a deal starting at $15 million. I'l stick to that until I read otherwise.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

lol nvm the Celtics... you first got to get past the Warriors which I wouldnt count on at all
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Paul George loses in the first round

Some Lakers fans: OH HE'S COMING HERE FOR SURE!!

LeBron James sweeps the Number 1 seed in the East and is headed to the ECF

Some Lakers fans: OH.. WHEN WE GET LEBRON IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!!!

Alrighty then!

Only you believe that a player is going to make a life long decision because he made it to the finals for the 8th time with a crappy team. Woj's has reported since last June that LeBron wanted to go West. Chris Sheridan, who broke when LeBron went back to Cleveland, said he is gone.

Quick question? For people who thinks LeBron is coming back to Cleveland, why don't he just say he's coming back?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

I read that it's doable by stretching Deng and giving Randle a deal starting at $15 million. I'l stick to that until I read otherwise.

I'll Be Back
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Lebron
+fillers
Luke

vs

Rozier
Kyrie
Tatum
Brown
Horford
Hayward
+fillers
Brad

lol nvm the Celtics... you first got to get past the Warriors which I wouldnt count on at all

Oh don’t get me wrong. Lakers are definitely underdogs against the Warriors next year even with Randle. However, this version of Lebron gives us a shot. However, my comparison was strictly based off the two rivals.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 172 of 2082
Jump to: