Another school shooting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Another school shooting

These incidents are becoming common place. Hopefully these student will take path of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students. It's mentioned the student had a rifle. It didn't say what kind.

Are we becoming desensitized?

Teen shot in arm at Highland High School in Palmdale, California; suspect in custody

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> Another school shooting

jodeke wrote:
These incidents are becoming common place. Hopefully these student will take path of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students. It's mentioned the student had a rifle. It didn't say what kind.

Teen shot in arm at Highland High School in Palmdale, California; suspect in custody

LINK

boy...times have changed

When I was a fifth grader (1965) a third grader (put in our classroom because the teacher couldn't handle him) pulled a knife on me .

...now that I think about it 10 years later his uncle shot at us when we picked him up for a night out on the town
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

Come home Paul George
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Come home Paul George

What

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Come home Paul George

What

PG is from Lancaster/Palmdale area if I'm not mistaken. (doesn't make VLF's comment any less innapropriate).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b> Another school shooting

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

boy...times have changed

When I was a fifth grader (1965) a third grader (put in our classroom because the teacher couldn't handle him) pulled a knife on me .

...now that I think about it 10 years later his uncle shot at us when we picked him up for a night out on the town

That’s nothing. Jodeke had another student pull a sword on him in chariot class.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: <b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b> Another school shooting

Omar Little wrote:

That’s nothing. Jodeke had another student pull a sword on him in chariot class.

Unlike Jodeke, these jokes never age.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: <b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b> Another school shooting

Omar Little wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

boy...times have changed

Yeah. Sorry (She) had to do time for that

Last edited by jodeke on Fri May 11, 2018 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: <b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b> Another school shooting

Omar Little wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

boy...times have changed

when you are 10 years old a ten inch switch blade looks like a sword but who would be afraid of an eight yo with a knife...the nuns made us tough as nails ...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Levity, sarcasm, puns are tasteless in threads like this. Peoples lives are at risk.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes the only way to deal with the constant barrage of awful is to laugh and make bad gallows jokes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Sometimes the only way to deal with the constant barrage of awful is to laugh and make bad gallows jokes.

I respect your position. I think it's tasteless. That's my position.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I respect your position. I think it's tasteless. That's my position.

I’m cool with that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Levity, sarcasm, puns are tasteless in threads like this. Peoples lives are at risk.

Oh please, save the self-righteousness for somewhere that you haven't engaged in that very behavior yourself.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh please, save the self-righteousness for somewhere that you haven't engaged in that very behavior yourself.

Show me where I've done that in threads like these.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

These shootings has been so common that schools at the elementary level are teaching kids 0 tolerance on guns.

For ex:

My kid and his friends got in trouble at school for recreating a Star Wars scene. The were pretending they were storm troopers and they were using sticks as guns to shoot at Jedi. Teacher saw that and brought all 4 boys in from recess and filled out a note for a parents to sign. Smh.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

Peoples lives are at stake and the best solution some can come up with is to strap our underpaid and underfunded teachers with guns. Lol

USA. USA
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
These shootings has been so common that schools at the elementary level are teaching kids 0 tolerance on guns.

For ex:

My kid and his friends got in trouble at school for recreating a Star Wars scene. The were pretending they were storm troopers and they were using sticks as guns to shoot at Jedi. Teacher saw that and brought all 4 boys in from recess and filled out a note for a parents to sign. Smh.

We played Cowboys and Indians at recess back in the day. Times have changed. If you don't mind, what was the gist of the note?

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Talking about desensitized, this morning I was driving to work and saw a car to the left of me flip over, smoke coming out and everything, but it didn't even faze me for a second. All I thought was 'that must be annoying', and got pissed at the driver in front of me stopping.

They need to stop putting so much violence on the tv
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Talking about desensitized, this morning I was driving to work and saw a car to the left of me flip over, smoke coming out and everything, but it didn't even faze me for a second. All I thought was 'that must be annoying', and got pissed at the driver in front of me stopping.

They need to stop putting so much violence on the tv

Or people need to pay more attention while driving.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: