Andre Ingram signs with William Morris Entertainment

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Andre Ingram signs with William Morris Entertainment

Andre Ingram signs with William Morris Entertainment

Possible book & movie in the works.
Quote:
WME has signed Andre Ingram, whose inspirational underdog story it will package for a book and potentially for TV or film. Ingram spent a decade in the NBA G League before receiving a call from Magic Johnson last month that the Lakers wanted to sign him for their final two games. Johnson dangled the chance that Ingram might stay with the team next season. His NBA debut was incredible: Ingram nailed four three-point shots and finished with 19 points, electrifying fans that included his wife and two daughters. The crowd chanted “M-V-P,” and Ingram became a national story overnight.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/andre-ingram-los-angeles-lakers-wme-overnight-success-story-1202381336/
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Nice. He's got a few years left in the league. I hope it's with the Lakers or some other NBA team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Nice. He's got a few years left in the league. I hope it's with the Lakers or some other NBA team.

I hope the Lakers keep him.

The book and the movie deal is well-deserved and is a legit story of perseverance and hope.

The guy is definitely a positive role model and a credit to the Lakers organization as well as to his family.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Only LA (maybe NYC). If Ingram did that for the Kings, less than zero people would know his name. Hell, remember Sundiata Gaines? Exactly.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Only LA (maybe NYC). If Ingram did that for the Kings, less than zero people would know his name. Hell, remember Sundiata Gaines? Exactly.

I fell for the craze. I remember preferring Sundiata Gaines over Fisher.

He was good, but sometimes the circumstances do not afford players like him many opportunities. Lots of guys in the g-league just need organizations that believe in them and their abilities. The Jazz, at that time, were building a contender, so I'm guessing no time to develop players.

To me, it is still crazy how Ingram was overlooked all this time, despite being arguably the GOAT g-league shooter. Like... he just played a total of 3 summer league games during his 10 year stint in the d-league. He could have easily helped some NBA team with his sharpshooting in those 10 seasons.

It just shows how crazy good players have to be to make or stay in the NBA, although lots of organizations are shortsighted and need to give players more chances. *cough* Orlando *cough*.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I hope the Lakers keep him.

The book and the movie deal is well-deserved and is a legit story of perseverance and hope.

The guy is definitely a positive role model and a credit to the Lakers organization as well as to his family.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Hey. I remember his game winner.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Hey. I remember his game winner.

It just shows the drawing power of the Lakers & LA's media market.

I hope AI cashes in.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) yeah
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Andre Ingram, who played two games for the Los Angeles Lakers this season at age 32, will headline this year’s Times-Dispatch/Sports Backers Scholar-Athlete of the Year dinner.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/former-scholar-athlete-winner-andre-ingram-will-headline-this-year/article_1b9bf878-791b-504d-bad0-85e886f3388a.html
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

I don't get the Sundiata Gaines comparison. Gaines spent one year in Italy, one year in the d league, and was called up at age 23 and made a big shot to win a game.

That isn't anything like Ingram spending 10 years overseas and in the d league, people continually telling him to give it up, coming into the NBA for the first time at age 32, and having a big game.

I can't think of any situation like Ingram in NBA history. That would have been a big story no matter what team he played for.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I don't get the Sundiata Gaines comparison. Gaines spent one year in Italy, one year in the d league, and was called up at age 23 and made a big shot to win a game.

That isn't anything like Ingram spending 10 years overseas and in the d league, people continually telling him to give it up, coming into the NBA for the first time at age 32, and having a big game.

I can't think of any situation like Ingram in NBA history. That would have been a big story no matter what team he played for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: