Lakers met with Lavar Ball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
If they gave him a job would it shut him up?

Nah, he’s after challenging the traditional way of doing things in the sports apparel industry (Nike, Adidas) and player career path (NCAA). Imo he is in the right place at the right time as these areas are under scrutiny.

He certainly has great support among the younger crowd. He might not “succeed” all the way, but he has started something and I would be concerned if I am the apparel giants or the NCAA. Times are changing.
This too.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Give him a job? He’s an idiot! Why would the Lakers want
to give him a job?

He’s just a publicity skank. No job, just keep saying what he
is; basically, nothing in the basketball world.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Nah, he’s after challenging the traditional way of doing things in the sports apparel industry (Nike, Adidas) and player career path (NCAA). Imo he is in the right place at the right time as these areas are under scrutiny.

He certainly has great support among the younger crowd. He might not “succeed” all the way, but he has started something and I would be concerned if I am the apparel giants or the NCAA. Times are changing.

Doubtful that the apparel giants or the NCAA gives him a second thought. Both could easily bury him if that was their intention.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
THIS JUST IN 🚨

LaVar Ball has orchestrated a deal that will see the Lithuanian team LEAVE the Baltic League and play a series of 5 friendly games against teams across Europe, partnering with Facebook to broadcast them. Nothing like this has ever been done before. #BBB

https://twitter.com/ike_sportreport/status/949529258807971840

LaVar is not stupid and he definitely has a few investors/powerful people supporting behind the scenes. Pretty obvious. He’s challenging traditional things...good for him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
THIS JUST IN 🚨

LaVar Ball has orchestrated a deal that will see the Lithuanian team LEAVE the Baltic League and play a series of 5 friendly games against teams across Europe, partnering with Facebook to broadcast them. Nothing like this has ever been done before. #BBB

LaVar is not stupid and he definitely has a few investors/powerful people supporting behind the scenes. Pretty obvious. He’s challenging traditional things...good for him.

Vince McMahon failed with the xfl. But give him props for trying.
I give LB props for trying things outside the box.
Who knows what the outcome will be.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
THIS JUST IN 🚨

Vince McMahon failed with the xfl. But give him props for trying.
I give LB props for trying things outside the box.
Who knows what the outcome will be.

True. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As for Vince, I always wondered if the nfl paid him off. Also funny you mention it as he is trying to re-ignite the XFL. Maybe the non-compete agreement is up
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

LaVar ball / Laker update (if anyone gives a care)

LaVar Ball likes relationship with front office

Quote:
“I love Magic and Rob for one reason, man. I can talk to them down to earth. They’re not going to try to switch things around. They’re going to listen to what I’m saying. I’m going to listen to what they’re saying.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-lavar-ball-relationship-magic-johnson-rob-pelinka-down-to-earth-talks/2018/05/12/

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/05/12/los-angeles-lakers-lavar-ball-likes-relationship-front-office/
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LaVar ball / Laker update (if anyone gives a care)

LaVar Ball likes relationship with front office

Quote:
“I love Magic and Rob for one reason, man. I can talk to them down to earth. They’re not going to try to switch things around. They’re going to listen to what I’m saying. I’m going to listen to what they’re saying.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-lavar-ball-relationship-magic-johnson-rob-pelinka-down-to-earth-talks/2018/05/12/

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/05/12/los-angeles-lakers-lavar-ball-likes-relationship-front-office/

as it should be. no reason to fake and shake.

lavar knows some stuff about basketball, and a new playstyles, as well as the AAU scene which is where all of your favorite players have played. and if his JBL gets off the ground and does well. Rob and pelinka will be talking to players from his league at some point.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject:

I think, PR aside, that Magic and Pelinka must have had what I would imagine to be a rather eventful meeting with Lavar in which they told him, nicely or otherwise, to put a sock in it.

Lavar did a nice, if way over the top, job hyping his kids and his brand, and going forward it is what it is...either his kids produce or they don't. If they do (or at least, if Lonzo does), then he has a chance with his brand. If not, it all goes by the wayside and Lavar and his relentless hype goes into the dustbin of sports history.

Hopefully Lonzo is working on his jumper...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

There's no reason for Magic to do anything about LaVar Ball because it isn't a distraction to Lonzo. Outside people and the media pay far more attention to it than he does.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

The guess here is that Magic and Pelinka are paying diligent attention to Lavar, and if they aren't, they're out of their minds.

They invested the No. 2 pick in last year's NBA draft on his son, who did not overwhelm anyone, and has much work to do on his game. The father, to date, is far more noteworthy than the son. That's not a good equation for the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: