OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
BigGameHanes wrote:
With that said, he’s a great guy if you have players to set him up and put him in advantageous offensive positions.

Here's a cool stat for a guy who needs to be set up for advantageous offensive positions. In the company of some fine role players I'd say

https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=Poss*G*50&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Yes that frequency shows he was used as a role player and showed he took advantage of a few isolation opportunities.

Good point. Hopefully he, Steph Curry, Nikola Jokic, Kyle Lowry, and Karl Anthony towns find their niche as 6th men in the nba

Curry- 6.1 apg
Jokic- 6.1 apg
Lowry- 6.9 apg
Towns- 2.4 apg
Kuzma- 1.8 apg

I’ll admit, Towns being on there is perplexing. But don’t try and use isolation frequency to prove he’s even in the same universe as those other guys as a shot creator. Look at the guys without high assist numbers around that frequency. They are role players.

Oh come on. That's not what I was arguing, that he's on the level of Steph etc. I was countering your assertion that his low possessions prove he's being used like a role player... looking at the other guys with low ISO possessions, that's not the case.

So are high assist numbers your barometer for him being a role player? ... you know what? If we can agree that as a "role player" his role can very well be 2nd or 3rd scoring option on a good team I think we can then actually agree.

Originally You were saying Kuz needs to be set up to be in advantageous offensive positions. That didn't sound right to me when I read it, and That's the *only* thing I was arguing initially. That stats page shows he's a highly efficient Iso scorer who could probably do well with a few more possessions like that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

GT, are you going to be doing a video on Kuz anytime soon?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I have a few irons in the fire so I wouldn't say "soon", but there will be at least one Kuzma video this offseason, yeah. I have a couple of things I can't announce yet so I don't mean to be coy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
BigGameHanes wrote:
With that said, he’s a great guy if you have players to set him up and put him in advantageous offensive positions.

Here's a cool stat for a guy who needs to be set up for advantageous offensive positions. In the company of some fine role players I'd say

https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=Poss*G*50&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Yes that frequency shows he was used as a role player and showed he took advantage of a few isolation opportunities.

Good point. Hopefully he, Steph Curry, Nikola Jokic, Kyle Lowry, and Karl Anthony towns find their niche as 6th men in the nba

Curry- 6.1 apg
Jokic- 6.1 apg
Lowry- 6.9 apg
Towns- 2.4 apg
Kuzma- 1.8 apg

I’ll admit, Towns being on there is perplexing. But don’t try and use isolation frequency to prove he’s even in the same universe as those other guys as a shot creator. Look at the guys without high assist numbers around that frequency. They are role players.

Oh come on. That's not what I was arguing, that he's on the level of Steph etc. I was countering your assertion that his low possessions prove he's being used like a role player... looking at the other guys with low ISO possessions, that's not the case.

So are high assist numbers your barometer for him being a role player? ... you know what? If we can agree that as a "role player" his role can very well be 2nd or 3rd scoring option on a good team I think we can then actually agree.

Originally You were saying Kuz needs to be set up to be in advantageous offensive positions. That didn't sound right to me when I read it, and That's the *only* thing I was arguing initially. That stats page shows he's a highly efficient Iso scorer who could probably do well with a few more possessions like that.

There’s no single barometer I just think you need to contextualize the information. Yes I do think he could get there but he still won’t be a primary playmaker. Klay was a second option then 3rd option on a championship team and he’s a guy that needs to be set up for most of the time. That’s the role I see Kuz needing to be in to remain efficient.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:

I have a few irons in the fire so I wouldn't say "soon", but there will be at least one Kuzma video this offseason, yeah. I have a couple of things I can't announce yet so I don't mean to be coy.

Great. I'm looking forward to it.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
Kuz on a media blitz to help promote the Laker brand and some fans find a way to be critical of him because they're favorite Laker isn't getting any shine. LG at its finest.

The Laker PR dept. knows exactly what they're doing with Kuz. Since the Lakers are absent from the playoffs what better way to keep us in the news.

I agree it's crazy how much hate this kid gets.

Are you guys making things up?
Who hates him for doing media in the off-season?

Nope people be saying all kinds of strange things 😂. Why ain't he in the gym, they act like he's a all star, kuzma head getting to big, why all the fuss about a 6th man etc it's ridiculous.

where do you do stand up?

Smh I'm talking about later fans that always try to down him to uplift their favorite player, me personally I love our young squad and want to keep them together.
I am not going to sit here and tell you guys that Lonzo and Ingrams don't get hate b3cause they do, but if you really listen to the argument against Kuzma and consider how he played his rookie year compared to both there rookie years it's foolishness. People always want to penalize Kuzma for staying in school but how many players stayed in school and was garbage coming into the NBA? So I guess Kuzma has a low ceilings because he's 22?come on this man just had the best rookie season of any layer in at least the last 25 years like its common place for a guy to come in and do what he did and display the type of offensive versatility that he has and make gonna 6th man or just a role player really?Now I know he has hings he can work on but Infer like through out the season he improved he's a work horse and I think he's going to get better on defense and with his ball handling. I just feel like we have a diamond and most are making him a out to be a bigger Jordan Clarkson.
Look at some of the players that came out after spending years in college and improves after their first year and tell me kuzma can't. I know since Lonzo and Ingram are younger that they have more time to develop but we know that's no guarantee.

I think you’re exaggerating Kuzmas rookie year quite a bit. He was great but there’s a very legitimate argument that he wasn’t even the best rookie on the team this year. The team was worse when he was on the floor over the course of the year. His defense was horrible for most of the year although he showed improvement towards the end of the year. He didn’t create much offense for himself or the rest of the team.

With that said, he’s a great guy if you have players to set him up and put him in advantageous offensive positions. But I think that’s where the 6th man/role player stuff comes from. Poor defenders who don’t create offense are often replaceable. He’s young and very polished offensively which makes him valuable but saying he’s by far the best rookie in 25 years is a drastic exaggeration IMO.

Name a later rookie in the last 25 years that has had a better rookie season than kuzma. I saw glimpses of him being able to create his own shot like against Boston and San Antonio also play making, does he do it enough absolutely not but he has the potential to do so.
Clarkson rookie year was normal good as kuzma and people may have said that(hes Westbrook) but not me lol.The point is Kuzma is not a player to keep on the bench he's a worker and a player that desires to be great you can't discredit these people especially when they have school work ethic and ask questions.

Lonzo. And Kobe likely would’ve if he wasn’t on a contender behind established players. Again, not saying he had a bad rookie year at all but let’s stop with the exaggerations.

He’s way better than Clarkson, that doesn’t mean much though. That dude isn’t very good and was drastically overrated on here.

Being a “worker” is completely subjective. I’m not saying he’s not one, but we don’t know if he works as hard, harder, or less than anybody on the team. Unless you have some insider connection.

No.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
Kuz on a media blitz to help promote the Laker brand and some fans find a way to be critical of him because they're favorite Laker isn't getting any shine. LG at its finest.

The Laker PR dept. knows exactly what they're doing with Kuz. Since the Lakers are absent from the playoffs what better way to keep us in the news.

Nope people be saying all kinds of strange things 😂. Why ain't he in the gym, they act like he's a all star, kuzma head getting to big, why all the fuss about a 6th man etc it's ridiculous.

Smh I'm talking about later fans that always try to down him to uplift their favorite player, me personally I love our young squad and want to keep them together.
I am not going to sit here and tell you guys that Lonzo and Ingrams don't get hate b3cause they do, but if you really listen to the argument against Kuzma and consider how he played his rookie year compared to both there rookie years it's foolishness. People always want to penalize Kuzma for staying in school but how many players stayed in school and was garbage coming into the NBA? So I guess Kuzma has a low ceilings because he's 22?come on this man just had the best rookie season of any layer in at least the last 25 years like its common place for a guy to come in and do what he did and display the type of offensive versatility that he has and make gonna 6th man or just a role player really?Now I know he has hings he can work on but Infer like through out the season he improved he's a work horse and I think he's going to get better on defense and with his ball handling. I just feel like we have a diamond and most are making him a out to be a bigger Jordan Clarkson.
Look at some of the players that came out after spending years in college and improves after their first year and tell me kuzma can't. I know since Lonzo and Ingram are younger that they have more time to develop but we know that's no guarantee.

I think you’re exaggerating Kuzmas rookie year quite a bit. He was great but there’s a very legitimate argument that he wasn’t even the best rookie on the team this year. The team was worse when he was on the floor over the course of the year. His defense was horrible for most of the year although he showed improvement towards the end of the year. He didn’t create much offense for himself or the rest of the team.

With that said, he’s a great guy if you have players to set him up and put him in advantageous offensive positions. But I think that’s where the 6th man/role player stuff comes from. Poor defenders who don’t create offense are often replaceable. He’s young and very polished offensively which makes him valuable but saying he’s by far the best rookie in 25 years is a drastic exaggeration IMO.

Name a later rookie in the last 25 years that has had a better rookie season than kuzma. I saw glimpses of him being able to create his own shot like against Boston and San Antonio also play making, does he do it enough absolutely not but he has the potential to do so.
Clarkson rookie year was normal good as kuzma and people may have said that(hes Westbrook) but not me lol.The point is Kuzma is not a player to keep on the bench he's a worker and a player that desires to be great you can't discredit these people especially when they have school work ethic and ask questions.

Lonzo. And Kobe likely would’ve if he wasn’t on a contender behind established players. Again, not saying he had a bad rookie year at all but let’s stop with the exaggerations.

He’s way better than Clarkson, that doesn’t mean much though. That dude isn’t very good and was drastically overrated on here.

Being a “worker” is completely subjective. I’m not saying he’s not one, but we don’t know if he works as hard, harder, or less than anybody on the team. Unless you have some insider connection.

He is thirsty to learn and to be great even when he was drafted they said he was a gym rat and coaches and players have said he wants it he's always picking players brains and adding to his game. I don't t think Lonzo or Kobe had a better rookie year than kuzma, obviously Kobe is goat and I mean no disrespect but even Kobe himself sees that hunger in Kuzma. I believe Lonzo can be a great if he get some things in his game together like his shooting and aggressiveness and get stronger and I also believe the same for Ingram. Like I have said I believe we can have our own big 3 with Ingram, Ball and Kuzma and that kuzma should not be labeled as just a role player after he showed the ability this year to be so much more in his first year in the NBA ijs.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

He is thirsty to learn and to be great even when he was drafted they said he was a gym rat and coaches and players have said he wants it he's always picking players brains and adding to his game. I don't t think Lonzo or Kobe had a better rookie year than kuzma, obviously Kobe is goat and I mean no disrespect but even Kobe himself sees that hunger in Kuzma. I believe Lonzo can be a great if he get some things in his game together like his shooting and aggressiveness and get stronger and I also believe the same for Ingram. Like I have said I believe we can have our own big 3 with Ingram, Ball and Kuzma and that kuzma should not be labeled as just a role player after he showed the ability this year to be so much more in his first year in the NBA ijs.

I think he showed great role player potential but I don’t think you’ll ever be able to run a successful offense through him. I hope I’m wrong.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

I think he showed great role player potential but I don’t think you’ll ever be able to run a successful offense through him. I hope I’m wrong.

See that's what I really don't understand why can't they? Try ran the offense through him down the stretch against Boston and San Antonio so he's shown given the the can. Now he's no finished product he still needs to get stronger and also work on his ball handling, but we even saw him improve his ball handling as the season progresses.Roll players don't have the skill set that he has to score any given way on all 3 levels .

Check this out.

1.Step back from mid range all the way out to 3 point land.
2.Spin move.
3.Floaters with either hand.
4.Fade away.
5.Hook shots with either hand.
6.skyhook lol.
7.A cross over which he still needs to tighten up but he's been successful in games using it.
8.Off screens either pick and roller pick and pop.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

I mean he has so many things he can do and is still asking questions to vets on how to do more stuff. Look people didn't think that Jimmy Butler was goingbto be as good as he is not did they think kawi was going to be as good and these guys are perfect examples of how we should not minimize kuzma, they all spent years in college but it took Kawi and Jimmy a little longer to progress and they became some of the best players in the NBA. Now Kuzma comes in and has a very good rookie year that we haven't seen in a long time from a rookie he has done more in his first year than either of them guys in there first 3 and we say we'll he's a great role player like there's no chance he can become more?wow even NBA players have higher expectations that some of us. Like I started before I believe we are sitting on a potential big 3 with Ingram Ball and Kuzma Ijust don't see kuzma being a role player. Also it's not because of the flash as some say it's because hoe much he has improved from Utah to his rookie year and as his rookie season progresses, he wants it and you can never understand estimate a player that has already improved and is hungry to continue ijs.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

See that's what I really don't understand why can't they? Try ran the offense through him down the stretch against Boston and San Antonio so he's shown given the the can. Now he's no finished product he still needs to get stronger and also work on his ball handling, but we even saw him improve his ball handling as the season progresses.Roll players don't have the skill set that he has to score any given way on all 3 levels .

Check this out.

2.Spin move.
4.Fade away.
6.skyhook lol.
7.A cross over which he still needs to tighten up but he's been successful in games using it.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

I mean he has so many things he can do and is still asking questions to vets on how to do more stuff. Look people didn't think that Jimmy Butler was goingbto be as good as he is not did they think kawi was going to be as good and these guys are perfect examples of how we should not minimize kuzma, they all spent years in college but it took Kawi and Jimmy a little longer to progress and they became some of the best players in the NBA. Now Kuzma comes in and has a very good rookie year that we haven't seen in a long time from a rookie he has done more in his first year than either of them guys in there first 3 and we say we'll he's a great role player like there's no chance he can become more?wow even NBA players have higher expectations that some of us. Like I started before I believe we are sitting on a potential big 3 with Ingram Ball and Kuzma Ijust don't see kuzma being a role player. Also it's not because of the flash as some say it's because hoe much he has improved from Utah to his rookie year and as his rookie season progresses, he wants it and you can never understand estimate a player that has already improved and is hungry to continue ijs.

yeah...no one is hating on him...it's your imagination imo
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Check this out.

2.Spin move.
4.Fade away.
6.skyhook lol.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

There’s all stars out there who you can’t use as the primary playmaker of an offense. I just don’t think he showed an ability to do that despite his polished game. At least not on a team looking to contend. With that said, I think he can be very valuable, he’s just not gonna be one of the main creators on offense. I compared him to Klay Thompson offensively and I’m underrating him?

There’s tons of players who want it, but don’t have it so I don’t put as much stock in that as you do I guess.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Check this out.

2.Spin move.
4.Fade away.
6.skyhook lol.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

There’s all stars out there who you can’t use as the primary playmaker of an offense. I just don’t think he showed an ability to do that despite his polished game. At least not on a team looking to contend. With that said, I think he can be very valuable, he’s just not gonna be one of the main creators on offense. I compared him to Klay Thompson offensively and I’m underrating him?

There’s tons of players who want it, but don’t have it so I don’t put as much stock in that as you do I guess.

We'll see next year on how much Kuzma improves. The reason a lot of posters comments come off as "hating" is because they act if it's almost certain that he can't be this or can't do this but then they hit us with a "idk tho, I hope I'm wrong" that's hating, imo. Especially the users acting if Lonzo's game is certain to be special. We drafted two great rookies why can't we just enjoy them both around here. I'm not talking about you specifically but just from what I've seen on LG.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Check this out.

2.Spin move.
4.Fade away.
6.skyhook lol.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

We'll see next year on how much Kuzma improves. The reason a lot of posters comments come off as "hating" is because they act if it's almost certain that he can't be this or can't do this but then they hit us with a "idk tho, I hope I'm wrong" that's hating, imo. Especially the users acting if Lonzo's game is certain to be special. We drafted two great rookies why can't we just enjoy them both around here. I'm not talking about you specifically but just from what I've seen on LG.

If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Check this out.

2.Spin move.
4.Fade away.
6.skyhook lol.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.

Unfortunately, it doesn't come off as genuine.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

Quote train
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Quote:

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Quote train

My bad. I suck at cutting them properly.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.

Fair enough. I think next year we'll see how good these guys are really going to be.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Check this out.

2.Spin move.
4.Fade away.
6.skyhook lol.
9.euro step.
10.jab step.

I agree 100%
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma.Also they ran the offense through Klay when curry was out a lot he ran through screens and all that like Reggie Miller shooters that had the offense ran through them.

Last edited by Lakers great32 on Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma

A much better shooter. Kuzma is a better finisher. Similar lack of ability to break down a defense and create for themselves and others. Both thrive as off-ball scorers. Not to mention Klay is a MUCH better defender.

We can disagree, but I’m not a hater for thinking he won’t be a better offensive player than Klay and acknowledging that isn’t me rooting against Kuz.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma

A much better shooter. Kuzma is a better finisher. Similar lack of ability to break down a defense and create for themselves and others. Both thrive as off-ball scorers. Not to mention Klay is a MUCH better defender.

We can disagree, but I’m not a hater for thinking he won’t be a better offensive player than Klay and acknowledging that isn’t me rooting against Kuz.

This isn't even remotely true. Kuz's value is that he can create for himself, and is also an underrated playmaker. Klay thrives in GS's ball movement screen/cut/spot up offense. He's a perfect system player. Their games aren't even similar outside of good spot up shooting.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This isn't even remotely true. Kuz's value is that he can create for himself, and is also an underrated playmaker. Klay thrives in GS's ball movement screen/cut/spot up offense. He's a perfect system player. Their games aren't even similar outside of good spot up shooting.

We can agree to disagree then.

Klay averaged 3 assists per 36 min his rookie year, Kuz was at 2.1. Klay was at 2.0 raw apg his rookie year, Kuz at 1.8. Statistically, Klay is better at creating for others.

Kuz is better at creating for himself but I don’t think it’s something he should be asked to rely on. They both are far more efficient when being set up for and not being a primary playmaker.

I’m not saying they are the same player. I’m saying they fit in similar roles on a contender and Kuz could reach the caliber of offensive player Klay is if put in that role on a contender. Keep in mind, Klay is a perennial all-star and 2 time champion with another ring in his near future.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
trablos wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay averaged 3 assists per 36 min his rookie year, Kuz was at 2.1. Klay was at 2.0 raw apg his rookie year, Kuz at 1.8. Statistically, Klay is better at creating for others.

Kuz is better at creating for himself but I don’t think it’s something he should be asked to rely on. They both are far more efficient when being set up for and not being a primary playmaker.

I’m not saying they are the same player. I’m saying they fit in similar roles on a contender and Kuz could reach the caliber of offensive player Klay is if put in that role on a contender. Keep in mind, Klay is a perennial all-star and 2 time champion with another ring in his near future.

Klay is a better defender no doubt about it lol but also the point we are trying to make is that Kuzma can be a one in one player he's already working on his handles and he knows he needs to get better at that and defense and he's putting in the work to do so. I just believe we are being caution yes but he is capable of being a go to player and to say he's just a 6th or 7th or even 8th man is disrespectful.The kid has an offensive package that is rare not just for a rookie but a NBA player all together once he tighten up his handle and add strength who can stop him?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
trablos wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay is a better defender no doubt about it lol but also the point we are trying to make is that Kuzma can be a one in one player he's already working on his handles and he knows he needs to get better at that and defense and he's putting in the work to do so. I just believe we are being caution yes but he is capable of being a go to player and to say he's just a 6th or 7th or even 8th man is disrespectful.The kid has an offensive package that is rare not just for a rookie but a NBA player all together once he tighten up his handle and add strength who can stop him?

I dont care how many assist they avg as rookie. Klay isnt better tha. Kuz at creating shots for others. Better player yes better defender yes. But if we're talking shot creation as rookies Kyle is betterat that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 298 of 880
Jump to: