OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:
If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't come off as genuine.

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma.Also they ran the offense through Klay when curry was out a lot he ran through screens and all that like Reggie Miller shooters that had the offense ran through them.

Klay is a known lock down defender for his team across the NBA. He can also stretch the floor and shoots a nice J. Plays with an under control pace.

I like the comp - it's mostly due to similar quick release - but Kuz isn't there defensively yet.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

So is it true? Was Kuzma a No Call No Show for a meet & greet in LA on Mother's Day while out with his boys playing paintball? People on social media seemed pissed.

Sounds a bit sketch to me, like he was never involved, but who knows. I feel bad for the kids, but not so much for the parents and definitely not for the autograph and memorabilia sellers.

Besides President Obama, not sure if there's anyone else I'd wait in line for, then pay extra for a cell phone picture with.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
So is it true? Was Kuzma a No Call No Show for a meet & greet in LA on Mother's Day while out with his boys playing paintball? People on social media seemed pissed.

Sounds a bit sketch to me, like he was never involved, but who knows. I feel bad for the kids, but not so much for the parents and definitely not for the autograph and memorabilia sellers.

Besides President Obama, not sure if there's anyone else I'd wait in line for, then pay extra for a cell phone picture with.

It’s true it was on Saturday people are pissed. Hopefully he doesn’t go down clarkson road
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It’s true it was on Saturday people are pissed. Hopefully he doesn’t go down clarkson road

Thats my worst fears, they can find the talent but the mentality goes down the drain due to LA and Lakers status
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
trablos wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:
If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.

Quote:

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma

A much better shooter. Kuzma is a better finisher. Similar lack of ability to break down a defense and create for themselves and others. Both thrive as off-ball scorers. Not to mention Klay is a MUCH better defender.

We can disagree, but I’m not a hater for thinking he won’t be a better offensive player than Klay and acknowledging that isn’t me rooting against Kuz.

This isn't even remotely true. Kuz's value is that he can create for himself, and is also an underrated playmaker. Klay thrives in GS's ball movement screen/cut/spot up offense. He's a perfect system player. Their games aren't even similar outside of good spot up shooting.

We can agree to disagree then.

Klay averaged 3 assists per 36 min his rookie year, Kuz was at 2.1. Klay was at 2.0 raw apg his rookie year, Kuz at 1.8. Statistically, Klay is better at creating for others.

Kuz is better at creating for himself but I don’t think it’s something he should be asked to rely on. They both are far more efficient when being set up for and not being a primary playmaker.

I’m not saying they are the same player. I’m saying they fit in similar roles on a contender and Kuz could reach the caliber of offensive player Klay is if put in that role on a contender. Keep in mind, Klay is a perennial all-star and 2 time champion with another ring in his near future.

Klay is a better defender no doubt about it lol but also the point we are trying to make is that Kuzma can be a one in one player he's already working on his handles and he knows he needs to get better at that and defense and he's putting in the work to do so. I just believe we are being caution yes but he is capable of being a go to player and to say he's just a 6th or 7th or even 8th man is disrespectful.The kid has an offensive package that is rare not just for a rookie but a NBA player all together once he tighten up his handle and add strength who can stop him?

I dont care how many assist they avg as rookie. Klay isnt better tha. Kuz at creating shots for others. Better player yes better defender yes. But if we're talking shot creation as rookies Kyle is betterat that.

If you don’t care about facts you can claim whatever you want. It’s just a claim that lacks any credibility.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma.Also they ran the offense through Klay when curry was out a lot he ran through screens and all that like Reggie Miller shooters that had the offense ran through them.

Klay is a known lock down defender for his team across the NBA. He can also stretch the floor and shoots a nice J. Plays with an under control pace.

I like the comp - it's mostly due to similar quick release - but Kuz isn't there defensively yet.

Both attack close outs well and struggle to penetrate set defenses, are assisted on a lot of their shots, and good spot up shooters.

I never thought I’d be called a hater for saying he could reach Klay level impact on offense. That’s LG for ya.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma

A much better shooter. Kuzma is a better finisher. Similar lack of ability to break down a defense and create for themselves and others. Both thrive as off-ball scorers. Not to mention Klay is a MUCH better defender.

We can disagree, but I’m not a hater for thinking he won’t be a better offensive player than Klay and acknowledging that isn’t me rooting against Kuz.

This isn't even remotely true. Kuz's value is that he can create for himself, and is also an underrated playmaker. Klay thrives in GS's ball movement screen/cut/spot up offense. He's a perfect system player. Their games aren't even similar outside of good spot up shooting.

Agree, Klay is known as a top defender, Kuzma is not.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Social media is terrible. Judge this kid by his play on the court. I could not care less what he does off of it.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

It's true according to the accounts of people that work there and the ones that waited for hours to see him. Not a good look for Kuz. Speaks highly of his character or lack thereof.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

It's funny how people go right to blaming Kuzma for skipping out on what would've been a contractual obligation to play paintball, and worry about him going Hollywood. As though there aren't other explanations that make more sense.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

this swaggy p fault smh
Extra Pass
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
It's funny how people go right to blaming Kuzma for skipping out on what would've been a contractual obligation to play paintball, and worry about him going Hollywood. As though there aren't other explanations that make more sense.

Yeah, sport fans criticizing what players do off the court is always fascinating to me. It's as if we feel we know these players as people and they have to live their lives according to our standards.

A kid from Flint Michigan is enjoying life in ways he never dreamed of and a bunch of people at home on the internet criticize him for it.

This is his most recent re-tweet: https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/996015984531136512
(he's fine guys)

Also, my friend spoke to him on the phone during the season because Kuz is a fan of my friend's training and YT series. My friend said he 'He's chill but also you can sense he grew up hood. He wants it though and is focused."

An interesting story about Kuzma...

Close to almost a year ago, my friends (one of them being the same guy who spoke to him on the phone) were invited to the NBA combine to document it. (They're both skills trainers). They came back and I asked who impressed you the most. They said, "No one really looked that good, but this one guy Kyle Kuzma. I hope the Lakers draft him. Whoever gets him is getting a steal."

I had no idea who Kyle was (I don't watch much college ball). They called it and whenever I see them I remind them how well they assessed him at the combine.

These hoopers work really hard so they can also enjoy these off-seasons. I'm not worried about Kyle.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Both attack close outs well and struggle to penetrate set defenses, are assisted on a lot of their shots, and good spot up shooters.

I never thought I’d be called a hater for saying he could reach Klay level impact on offense. That’s LG for ya.

You're not a hater. Like I said I like the comp. It's difficult to compare players that play different positions. I see Klay as a better 1 v 1 defender right now, and better shooting the ball running off screens.

Kuz was just about the brightest aspect of our offense this season. Honestly, I'd love to have both Klay and Kuz n the Purple n Gold. Especially if we are unable to land KL.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Extra Pass wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah, sport fans criticizing what players do off the court is always fascinating to me. It's as if we feel we know these players as people and they have to live their lives according to our standards.

A kid from Flint Michigan is enjoying life in ways he never dreamed of and a bunch of people at home on the internet criticize him for it.

This is his most recent re-tweet: https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/996015984531136512
(he's fine guys)

Also, my friend spoke to him on the phone during the season because Kuz is a fan of my friend's training and YT series. My friend said he 'He's chill but also you can sense he grew up hood. He wants it though and is focused."

An interesting story about Kuzma...

Close to almost a year ago, my friends (one of them being the same guy who spoke to him on the phone) were invited to the NBA combine to document it. (They're both skills trainers). They came back and I asked who impressed you the most. They said, "No one really looked that good, but this one guy Kyle Kuzma. I hope the Lakers draft him. Whoever gets him is getting a steal."

I had no idea who Kyle was (I don't watch much college ball). They called it and whenever I see them I remind them how well they assessed him at the combine.

These hoopers work really hard so they can also enjoy these off-seasons. I'm not worried about Kyle.

I've spent a decent amount of time around Kuz, and yeah, he does have an edge to him. Him and Josh Hart were my favorite two guys to cover this past season, for different reasons. Kuz is very much an alpha and the leader of the young guys. (Randle doesn't count, he's not really a part of that crew and is a family man)

But even outside of that, I think it's a lot more likely that there was a miscommunication somewhere rather than him going "screw you guys, I'm gonna go play paintball!" Dude's done a ton of charity events and/or appearances this year, but now he's an (bleep) who's going Hollywood?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

It's pretty simple to me: don't schedule events that you aren't going to show up for, and if you decide to cancel, at least have the courtesy to let fans know in advance, because they have their own commitments and things to do. And then when you have unruly crowds, media representatives and kids that waited up to 4 hours asking why you couldn't show up, you'd better have a damn good explanation outside of "paintball obligations". It reflects poorly not just on Kuz, but also on Pelinka and Magic -- because Kuz is also repping the Lakers organization. The team wouldn't be what it is without the fans and their unwavering support. The numerous all-star votes he received are an indication of that. This really applies to any player that organizes and schedules an event with the fans. Of course it will get magnified if it happens in a market as big as LA. I don't blame them one bit.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
It's pretty simple to me: don't schedule events that you aren't going to show up for, and if you decide to cancel, at least have the courtesy to let fans know in advance, because they have their own commitments and things to do. And then when you have unruly crowds, media representatives and kids that waited up to 4 hours asking why you couldn't show up, you'd better have a damn good explanation outside of "paintball obligations". It reflects poorly not just on Kuz, but also on Pelinka and Magic -- because Kuz is also repping the Lakers organization. The team wouldn't be what it is without the fans and their unwavering support. The numerous all-star votes he received are an indication of that. This really applies to any player that organizes and schedules an event with the fans. Of course it will get magnified if it happens in a market as big as LA. I don't blame them one bit.

Do you really think that Kuz is the person who is organizing and scheduling these events?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

page 300 boys
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Do you really think that Kuz is the person who is organizing and scheduling these events?

It's a hard sell to say he is an independent entity or has no say in scheduling decisions. Moreover, it's difficult to believe they would schedule something without some level of input from him. How many times has this happened that we know of?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

Why don't you get the facts straight before crapping all over Kuz possibly for no reason. Do some research as to what happened and why.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

God bless this thread title
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

This is Clint Parks, Kuz' trainer. I looks like he also trained Kawhi Leonard.

https://twitter.com/Brotherhood05/status/996073309413388289?s=20
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Whether his fault or not I'm guessing the Lakers talked to Kuz about this to get his side of the story. Having a respectable public image seems to be very important to Jeanie, Magic, and the rest of the Lakers organization.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma went against both Lonzo and BI in college.

Twitter Q.A asks him "best player you went up against in college"

Kuzma "B.I"

probably just (bleep) with Lonzo but still cool to see
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Don't idolize pro athletes.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
page 300 boys

And girls
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 299 of 880
Jump to: