Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

"Energy leaks" is a fantastic term. I'm working on a video about his finishing at the rim, and that's definitely an issue.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

great vid GT - I think a big part of Ingram's development is going to be deciding when to commit to unleashing those long strides vs recognizing when going into full extension might get him in trouble. Reading his defender more or less. Because while his length is a great weapon for getting around guys, if he commits full extension and doesn't get his shoulders by, he's in serious trouble.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
great vid GT - I think a big part of Ingram's development is going to be deciding when to commit to unleashing those long strides vs recognizing when going into full extension might get him in trouble. Reading his defender more or less. Because while his length is a great weapon for getting around guys, if he commits full extension and doesn't get his shoulders by, he's in serious trouble.

I think his decision-making is the single biggest variable in his development, even more than his shooting. He shoots pretty well on the shots he should take, but takes a lot of shots that he shouldn't. I'm hoping this is somewhere where the "he's 20" stuff has a good deal of validity.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

I think his decision-making is the single biggest variable in his development, even more than his shooting. He shoots pretty well on the shots he should take, but takes a lot of shots that he shouldn't. I'm hoping this is somewhere where the "he's 20" stuff has a good deal of validity.

absolutely. he has the skills and the physical tools. even if he didn't develop anything new and just learned when to do what with what he's already got that's, a great player.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Let me just say, GT, listening to you on the most recent Locked on Lakers, your growth as an analyst and public communicator over the past 18 months has blown me away. Kudos to you!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Let me just say, GT, listening to you on the most recent Locked on Lakers, your growth as an analyst and public communicator over the past 18 months has blown me away. Kudos to you!

Thanks, BVH! If your'e blown away, how do you think I feel?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

Came across this interview with GT, thought to share -

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Podcast: What We've Learned From the Playoffs

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/what-weve-learned-from-the-playoffs
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Video: Kyle Kuzma's Post Moves

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/5/31/17410938/la-lakers-video-kyle-kuzma-post-moves-laker-film-room
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

GT, you should post your appearances on Locked on Lakers too dude. The awkward Harrison shade is worth the listen alone... plus I guess there is that Anthony guy too.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GT, you should post your appearances on Locked on Lakers too dude. The awkward Harrison shade is worth the listen alone... plus I guess there is that Anthony guy too.

Haha, will do.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Any chance we’ll get some LFR classics this off-season?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

GT seems to be all over the place today - https://www.podcastone.com/americas-lakers-podcast

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Maybe, I'm crazy busy and have another thing coming up that I can't announce yet.

Any requests?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GT seems to be all over the place today - https://www.podcastone.com/americas-lakers-podcast

I did 4 podcasts and completed 2 videos and managed to mix in an appearance to watch a draft workout in about a 26 hour span. I am le tired.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Maybe, I'm crazy busy and have another thing coming up that I can't announce yet.

Any requests?

My vote is for Kobe’s worst game ever. I believe it was against the hornets or Memphis. He pretty much missed every shot he took except for the game winner lol.

I remember the crowd’s gasp and anxiety with every miss. When he finally hit the winner I was so excited I spiked my tv remote on the ground so hard the batteries broke through the plastic cover haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFanInThe702
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

2 games for the LFR Classic:

The very first game (vs Denver, I believe) where he had the court appearance during the day & played the same night.. I believe he hit the game winner that game as well..

My 2nd game would be the game vs the Mavericks where we were down damn near 30 in the 4th & came back & won..

CRhodes
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

My wife is a retired orthopedic surgeon. For years, she'd harped at me that there's a general public misconception regarding the human body with regard to build and biomechanics. She believes (and I have come to agree with her) that in general, people falsely believe that what one person can do - another person should be able to do as well.

There's many hidden-from-the-eye physical traits that prevent one person from doing physically what another can do, or at least enough to explain away the performance differences between two individuals. At the high performance levels of pro basketball for example, and with regard to leaping with quickness, leaping with strength, leaping for height, distance and leaping in succession, these issues of build can be enormous factors.

In the case of Rudy Gay for example, I reckon we may be looking at an extreme case of near-perfection in terms of original hip, leg, foot and ankle build with respect to the performance areas demanded by this sport. It's complex: ligament and tendon size, nerve efficiency and sensitivity and signal transmission rates, bone shapes, muscle fiber compositions. In some ways, taken together it's a gift, if one undamaged in life's experience. We think it's more than likely that only a handful of people in a given generation will have the array of precise physical advantages which Gay may have been born into.

All a guy like Ingram can do is keep working on technique and training (as described in earlier parts of the thread) and hope for the best. He may never have performances akin to what Gay and the rare few like him produce with such visible ease.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
My wife is a retired orthopedic surgeon. For years, she'd harped at me that there's a general public misconception regarding the human body with regard to build and biomechanics. She believes (and I have come to agree with her) that in general, people falsely believe that what one person can do - another person should be able to do as well.

There's many hidden-from-the-eye physical traits that prevent one person from doing physically what another can do, or at least enough to explain away the performance differences between two individuals. At the high performance levels of pro basketball for example, and with regard to leaping with quickness, leaping with strength, leaping for height, distance and leaping in succession, these issues of build can be enormous factors.

In the case of Rudy Gay for example, I reckon we may be looking at an extreme case of near-perfection in terms of original hip, leg, foot and ankle build with respect to the performance areas demanded by this sport. It's complex: ligament and tendon size, nerve efficiency and sensitivity and signal transmission rates, bone shapes, muscle fiber compositions. In some ways, taken together it's a gift, if one undamaged in life's experience. We think it's more than likely that only a handful of people in a given generation will have the array of precise physical advantages which Gay may have been born into.

All a guy like Ingram can do is keep working on technique and training (as described in earlier parts of the thread) and hope for the best. He may never have performances akin to what Gay and the rare few like him produce with such visible ease.

Great post and I agree. Each individual human has a unique dna makeup and has unique gifts. The old cliche is true: Be the best that YOU can be.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Great post and I agree. Each individual human has a unique dna makeup and has unique gifts. The old cliche is true: Be the best that YOU can be.

Totally agree with the premise. It, at least for me, comes down to how most people view things superficially. Most assume a man should be able to dunk with ease if he's 6'5, , or a woman is probably stuck up if she's beautiful, etc.,

I've seen many a tall guy who can't touch the rim nor dunk, and many a short guy that will throw it down with the best. From a physicality standpoint, people are as different as their fingerprints, despite appearances.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Any requests?

Totally understood. If you did get around to it:

(i) Game 1 of the 2002 WCF vs the Kings. Best I've ever seen the Triangle offense run, I think there is a lot of gold to mine there, lot of teachable stuff about spacing . . . plus it's a fun contrast between the triangle and an offense that would resemble today's league;

(ii) the transition offense principles of the Showtime Lakers and any lessons that can be imparted upon today's young players (what I'd like to learn about: how much of that special time period is uniquely attributable to Magic and how much of that was a product of smart spacing and gapping principles);

(iii) the Final 23: from 2-22-2013 to 4-12-2013, Kobe Bryant played some of the best basketball of his career, almost singlehandedly leading the Lakers into the playoffs before famously tearing his achilles. Playing largely as a PG in D'antoni's heavy P/R system, Kobe shredded defenses, posting multiple 40-point-10-assist games, leading three huge comebacks (and had what remains, I believe, the only 47/8/5/4/3 game in history @ Portland). For fans thinking "what would KB look like in today's league), this is probably the best snapshot available to us. I'd love to know what D'antoni and KB were doing to get to that level of play and see if there is anything we can take from that time and adopt with today's team. [FWIW, KB averaged: 29 PTS, 7 assists, 6.2 rebounds, 1.4 steals, .4 blocks, 4.0 turnovers - he missed 2 games (so it's really the final 21, but who's counting)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Video - Lakers Draft: Mitchell Robinson Scouting Report

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/4/17418252/la-lakers-nba-draft-mitchell-robinson-scouting-report
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Big man tragedy.

I'd be scratching my head to understand the interest in another big man right now. He can't handle the ball or shoot. Not a high hoops IQ guy.

Even though the Lakers won't have resolved contracts for Lopez or Randle at draft time, I'd much prefer that they acquire a more sorely-needed guard asset. The board will be rich of small guys (a handful at least from among DiV, Huerter, Thomas, Frazier, Milton, Holiday, Trent, Brunson, Brown, Melton.) With Ball's two year history at UCLA and Staples splattered with nicks and outages, get the best smart guard possible.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 58 of 93
Jump to: