OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
page 300 boys

And girls

Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:
If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't come off as genuine.

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma.Also they ran the offense through Klay when curry was out a lot he ran through screens and all that like Reggie Miller shooters that had the offense ran through them.

Klay is a known lock down defender for his team across the NBA. He can also stretch the floor and shoots a nice J. Plays with an under control pace.

I like the comp - it's mostly due to similar quick release - but Kuz isn't there defensively yet.

Both attack close outs well and struggle to penetrate set defenses, are assisted on a lot of their shots, and good spot up shooters.

I never thought I’d be called a hater for saying he could reach Klay level impact on offense. That’s LG for ya.

Who called you a hater I specifically was talking about people saying he's a 6th man or 7th or 8th man on a team I'm like ain't no way. Now we disagree (and that's okay) on what type of player he can be but I am by no means calling you a hater. I believe we all want the same thing Great players and championships.Fyi when Intake about people hating I'm not only talking about LG but other media forms y'all should read some of the comments on YouTube videos about kuzma 😂.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Don't idolize pro athletes.

This is true for anyone over the age of 18. Still messed up on Kuz part to freeze out his fans
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:
If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.

Quote:

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma.Also they ran the offense through Klay when curry was out a lot he ran through screens and all that like Reggie Miller shooters that had the offense ran through them.

Klay is a known lock down defender for his team across the NBA. He can also stretch the floor and shoots a nice J. Plays with an under control pace.

I like the comp - it's mostly due to similar quick release - but Kuz isn't there defensively yet.

Both attack close outs well and struggle to penetrate set defenses, are assisted on a lot of their shots, and good spot up shooters.

I never thought I’d be called a hater for saying he could reach Klay level impact on offense. That’s LG for ya.

Who called you a hater I specifically was talking about people saying he's a 6th man or 7th or 8th man on a team I'm like ain't no way. Now we disagree (and that's okay) on what type of player he can be but I am by no means calling you a hater. I believe we all want the same thing Great players and championships.Fyi when Intake about people hating I'm not only talking about LG but other media forms y'all should read some of the comments on YouTube videos about kuzma 😂.

Ive heard most media call him a future star
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

This is true for anyone over the age of 18. Still messed up on Kuz part to freeze out his fans

It may not have been his fault. Like GT said it could have been a scheduling issue that he had no control over. If he did it on his own then yeah that's messed up. But you should find out why he had to miss the event before blaming him.

Last edited by 32 on Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

It may not have been his fault. Like GT said it could have been a scheduling issue that he had no control over. If he did it on his own then yeah that's messed up. But you should get your facts straight before blaming him for what happened.

True we dont know what went down. when that usually happens the athlete or entertainer usually posts an apology and explains what happened. The silence is kinda fishy. I mean I dont care I wasnt out there waiting but im sure an explanation to the people who wasted a whole day to see him deserve it
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not talking about media I'm talking about later fans. It's funny NBA players see that he has the potential to be better than fans do seen retired and active players saying he's got that dog in him or he's going to be a problem in this league but we have fans saying oh he's a bench role player.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Things happen, I forgot I made a doctor's appointment last week and had to call back and reschedule. I am sure over his long career, Kuzma will make it up many times over for charity events, visiting sick kids in the hospital, etc.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

The fear of Kuzma being the face of this franchise brings out the worst in some Laker fans.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Things happen, I forgot I made a doctor's appointment last week and had to call back and reschedule. I am sure over his long career, Kuzma will make it up many times over for charity events, visiting sick kids in the hospital, etc.

Except he or his people had already contacted the place and said what Kuzma would and wouldn't be doing. So there was communication, he knew about the event, he was scheduled to be there, and he no showed.

Had he not made any contact and gone radio silent on social media then it would be easier to understand. But he didn't do either.

Quote:
Saw he was paintballing tho... lol. Just saw this info on twitter so I don’t really know everything.

E: people said they waited 4 hours for him

Quote:
One of my friends went with his kid who loves Kuzma. He said they were there for 3 hours. Then I searched more on twitter and other people were posting about it too. Like I said, don’t really know too much.

Quote:
This little kid and his family lined up at 2:00 am to try and meet him. The little kid was crying so much when we told him Kuzma wasn’t coming

Quote:
I work at the store where the event took place and it was really lame. We knew something was up when they told us before the event started that he wasn’t signing anything and was just taking pictures. They could’ve given us a heads up but he just straight up didn’t show up.

It was sad because a lot of people lined up as early as 2:00 am to try and meet him but he flaked to play some paintball... We had to deal with some angry customers which is understandable and gave them some gift cards to try and make up for what happened. It’s not all that bad because we got to meet Metta World Peace yesterday and he was super cool and gave away free panda shirts. I’d like to think Kuzma had an emergency but he was active on social media today and didn’t seem to have anything important going on

Quote:
that's not cool.

Edit: Here's the wss meet and greet announcement: https://www.facebook.com/events/428466990910242/

And about him not showing up if you search it on twitter you'll see people talking about waiting in line since 3 am and he didn't even call to cancel.

Quote:
yeah, i have a laker page on instagram and i was invited as a media rep, and he didn't show :/ i got a mwp hat...

but wss was really nice about it, and they could not do anything about it

Quote:
Quote:
Kuzma does soooo many [expletive] meet and greets. Give him a break for not going to 1

Don’t schedule [expletive] you aren’t going to show up for. And certainly don’t no call no show when you’re fortunate enough to be in the situation he’s in. He’s a professional NBA player now, PROFESSIONAL comes first and he should act like one. He wouldn’t be in Los Angeles with the chance to make millions if it wasn’t for the same people who he left waiting for hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/8j0t4p/apparently_kyle_kuzma_had_a_meet_greet_today_and/

Bad look all round.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

^Maybe we should hear Kuz's team speak on this before we make assumptions.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
^Maybe we should hear Kuz's team speak on this before we make assumptions.

"Your people or you called to discuss what you'd be doing later that day. You then decided not to show up later that day and went paintballing instead without relaying that message to anyone at the event which in turn left people waiting for hours. What's your explanation?"

That would be an interesting answer.

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
It's pretty simple to me: don't schedule events that you aren't going to show up for, and if you decide to cancel, at least have the courtesy to let fans know in advance, because they have their own commitments and things to do. And then when you have unruly crowds, media representatives and kids that waited up to 4 hours asking why you couldn't show up, you'd better have a damn good explanation outside of "paintball obligations". It reflects poorly not just on Kuz, but also on Pelinka and Magic -- because Kuz is also repping the Lakers organization. The team wouldn't be what it is without the fans and their unwavering support. The numerous all-star votes he received are an indication of that. This really applies to any player that organizes and schedules an event with the fans. Of course it will get magnified if it happens in a market as big as LA. I don't blame them one bit.

Do you really think that Kuz is the person who is organizing and scheduling these events?

It's a hard sell to say he is an independent entity or has no say in scheduling decisions. Moreover, it's difficult to believe they would schedule something without some level of input from him. How many times has this happened that we know of?

Particularly if he/his people reached out to those doing the event to explain he'd only be taking pictures and not signing anything.

Which means he/they could have reached out again to say he wasn't coming.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Why don't you get the facts straight before crapping all over Kuz possibly for no reason. Do some research as to what happened and why.

Looking more on reddit/twitter, Kuz was doing a meet and greet the day of or the day before at City of Hope National Medical Center with patients and fans.

Doesn't even sound like Kuz knew about this other event. Sounds like his scheduling manager is to blame. The whole paint balling thing seems fishy and totally unconfirmed, just someone saying they heard someone supposedly saw him.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

You don't have to idolize an adult to expect them to act like an adult.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It was lonzobryant. Not you.

Quote:
We'll see next year on how much Kuzma improves. The reason a lot of posters comments come off as "hating" is because they act if it's almost certain that he can't be this or can't do this but then they hit us with a "idk tho, I hope I'm wrong" that's hating, imo.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

And most of the media watches a few games of the year, checks ppg, and follows the narratives set by their colleagues. I trust my own opinion over most of them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:
Why don't you get the facts straight before crapping all over Kuz possibly for no reason. Do some research as to what happened and why.

Looking more on reddit/twitter, Kuz was doing a meet and greet the day of or the day before at City of Hope National Medical Center with patients and fans.

Doesn't even sound like Kuz knew about this other event. Sounds like his scheduling manager is to blame. The whole paint balling thing seems fishy and totally unconfirmed, just someone saying they heard someone supposedly saw him.

I would like to see a flyer or some kind of evidence that there was an event scheduled. And even if there was i highly doubt Kuz scheduled the event himself. It could have been a social media thing gone bad.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:

I would like to see a flyer or some kind of evidence that there was an event scheduled. And even if there was i highly doubt Kuz scheduled the event himself. It could have been a social media thing gone bad.

May 6 - CTA announced that MWP would be appearing at the WSS event.

May 7 - WSS announced that MWP and Kuzma would be appearing at the event on the 11th/12th for autos and photographs.

May 9 - WSS announced through CTA that Kuzma will not be signing: "Update as of 4:00pm - May 9th. Host (WSS) just notified us that Kuzma will no longer be signing outside items. Contact store for more details."

May 11 - MWP shows up in WSS.

May 12 - No Kuzma. WSS hosts MWP's Geradelo Celebrity Game.

Sounds like WSS tried to get Kuzma a day in late after they got MWP, then a few days later changed Kuzma's booking, then something probably happened between the 10th and the 12th with WSS and Kuz's reps.

Confirmed: Kuzma was in a meet and greet with patients/fans at the City of Hope National Medical Center on the 11th.

https://twitter.com/seankent/status/995008920887353345

Seems like either Kuz's agent/scheduler and/or WSS bookers are to blame, seemed that there were scheduling issues already prior to the event.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

From my experience working for a Sports Agents, events are handled by Agents and their staff, not the players.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:

May 6 - CTA announced that MWP would be appearing at the WSS event.

May 7 - WSS announced that MWP and Kuzma would be appearing at the event on the 11th/12th for autos and photographs.

May 9 - WSS announced through CTA that Kuzma will not be signing: "Update as of 4:00pm - May 9th. Host (WSS) just notified us that Kuzma will no longer be signing outside items. Contact store for more details."

May 11 - MWP shows up in WSS.

May 12 - No Kuzma. WSS hosts MWP's Geradelo Celebrity Game.

Sounds like WSS tried to get Kuzma a day in late after they got MWP, then a few days later changed Kuzma's booking, then something probably happened between the 10th and the 12th with WSS and Kuz's reps.

Confirmed: Kuzma was in a meet and greet with patients/fans at the City of Hope National Medical Center on the 11th.

https://twitter.com/seankent/status/995008920887353345

Seems like either Kuz's agent/scheduler and/or WSS bookers are to blame, seemed that there were scheduling issues already prior to the event.

Thanks for taking the time to do the research.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:

I'm not saying you're wrong but...

Maybe someone did make up the story about Kuzma paintballing on Sunday just to make him look bad. Don't trust anyone, not even Kyle Kuzma himself. He's just posting paintball pictures on Instagram. Seems "fishy and totally unconfirmed" to me... 😂😂😂

https://www.instagram.com/p/BisWIJkgR0w/

Anyways, it can still be a scheduling mistake. He has a full plate and seems to have a lot of obligations. So that part can be true. But about your fishy paintball comment, I would lean towards the fact he was out playing paintball with his boys, well unless he fabricated the story and the pictures to try and damage his own reputation. 😜 <sarcasm obviously>
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Maybe someone did make up the story about Kuzma paintballing on Sunday just to make him look bad. Don't trust anyone, not even Kyle Kuzma himself. He's just posting paintball pictures on Instagram. Seems "fishy and totally unconfirmed" to me... 😂😂😂

Anyways, it can still be a scheduling mistake. He has a full plate and seems to have a lot of obligations. So that part can be true. But about your fishy paintball comment, I would lean towards the fact he was out playing paintball with his boys, well unless he fabricated the story and the pictures to try and damage his own reputation. 😜 <sarcasm obviously>

Good to know. I don't have Instagram 😂 so only thing I found on twitter/reddit was "someone said Kuz was..." But I can totally see Kuzma purposely no-showing a fan event, then purposely posting paintball pics to his fans that same day to damage his reputation. <sarcasm too obviously> 😜
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not talking about media I'm talking about later fans. It's funny NBA players see that he has the potential to be better than fans do seen retired and active players saying he's got that dog in him or he's going to be a problem in this league but we have fans saying oh he's a bench role player.

Fans watch actual games and see he is a bench role player.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Good to know. I don't have Instagram 😂 so only thing I found on twitter/reddit was "someone said Kuz was..." But I can totally see Kuzma purposely no-showing a fan event, then purposely posting paintball pics to his fans that same day to damage his reputation. <sarcasm too obviously> 😜

Thanks for posting all the good work that Kuzma does though. I gave Kobe the benefit of a doubt in Colorado, so I could definitely do the same for Kuzma. Like I said, dude has a full plate.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
From my experience working for a Sports Agents, events are handled by Agents and their staff, not the players.

Yup. I have a secretary and if she doesn't tell me or schedule them in my outlook when and what time my meetings are, I will more than likely miss them completely. Now that I think about it happens to me more often than it should, hmm... maybe I need a new secretary?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 300 of 880
Jump to: