5 possible outcomes in free agency this offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of these 5 possible outcomes in free agency do you think will actually happen?
Sign Paul George and Resign Julius Randle
73%
 73%  [ 69 ]
Resign current roster to one-year deals/gear up for 2019
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Get no star free agents and lose current players to FA
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Get Paul George and LeBron James
13%
 13%  [ 13 ]
Get PG, James and trade for Kawhi Leonard
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 94

Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31128

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

* For this to happen the FO will have to be very fortunate in free agency.
IMO signing LeBron & George plus possibly resigning Randle would probably guarantee this; anything else is a toss up or a pipe.


LAKERS' CLEAR GOAL: RE-ENTERING THE PLAYOFF PICTURE


https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180510-lakers-clear-goal-re-entering-playoff-picture

*Which of these 5 possible outcomes in free agency do you think will actually happen?

-Sign Paul George and Resign Julius Randle

-Resign current roster to one-year deals/gear up for 2019

-Get no star free agents and lose current players to FA

-Get Paul George and LeBron James

-Get PG, James and trade for Kawhi Leonard
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31128

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

It boils down to: Can Los Angeles land James and George while keeping Randle? If they can; we become a legit contender. It's a problem that the FO has to solve for better or worse.

If the Lakers renounced every free agent and non-guaranteed player except Randle, there is only $48 million in cap room. Once again Deng is the elephant in the room. If he can't be traded, to stretch or not becomes an option.

Even then there are no 100% guarantees that LBJ and/or PG signs with the Lakers.
I hope that if we are fortunate sign them that one or both (LBJ & PG) would be willing to take slightly less than the max.
Hang on to your hats because there's going to be a lot of heavy negotiating going on this summer in LA that will impact the team for years to come.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 11987
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Numero Uno
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1174

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26248

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


Imagine if Randle lowered his asking price so we could sign Lebron and PG and then we traded Randle for someone who fit better ...

... his agent wouldn't be his agent much longer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 2366

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

Lebrick is still a long shot so first scenario is most likely. So far, we are 0 for 2 with our lottery picks (DLo and JR not getting max extensions).
_________________
#TrustThePlan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1282

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


Imagine if Randle lowered his asking price so we could sign Lebron and PG and then we traded Randle for someone who fit better ...

... his agent wouldn't be his agent much longer.

Very, very slim chance we trade him if we decide to extend him. Unless his game falls off a cliff or a deal for a top 5 player comes available, paying him means that we want him here for the long haul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26248

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


Imagine if Randle lowered his asking price so we could sign Lebron and PG and then we traded Randle for someone who fit better ...

... his agent wouldn't be his agent much longer.

Very, very slim chance we trade him if we decide to extend him. Unless his game falls off a cliff or a deal for a top 5 player comes available, paying him means that we want him here for the long haul.



You never know. And that's a risk every player takes, which is one reason so few give up money. They know they can sacrifice money and be traded in a year or two. Heck, look at Blake Griffin. He signed a big contract to be a Clipper for Life and he was gone a few weeks later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eznoh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 112

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

No big names, Max Randle and pick up some defensive specialists.

Mike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 492

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

I'd like to add "absorb expirings for picks" to #3, or make it its own category.

Sixers with Bayless and their 26th pick. Wizards with Gortat, Nuggets with Faried for next years pick or some of their unused but talented players. I get more excited sometimes with what Buss & the scouts can pick than bringing in Lebron to throw his weight around
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 125887
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


The Laker FO already screwed the pooch on a cheap deal with Randle, they likely won’t get a second chance.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31128

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


The Laker FO already screwed the pooch on a cheap deal with Randle, they likely won’t get a second chance.


Yep, Jules is wanting to get PAID (deservingly so).
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerBaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 May 2002
Posts: 2567

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Sign PG13
Resign Randle (limit year 2 of his contract to under 18 million)
Resign Lopez to a 1 year deal
Trade Deng with draft picks by next summer...

I would also like to resign Thomas to a 1 year deal, but I don't see that happening...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1174

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


The Laker FO already screwed the pooch on a cheap deal with Randle, they likely won’t get a second chance.


Yep, Jules is wanting to get PAID (deservingly so).


I disagree with the whole "screwing the pooch" reference, with regards to the Lakers. If the Lakers sign PG and Lebron and Jules wants to get paid and opts to leave for..... Dallas, who is the one that really got screwed? Julius will be paid but rotting on a terrible, irrelevant Dallas team While the Lakers will be winning, on National TV damn near every night and competing for a title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10074

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
I'd like to add "absorb expirings for picks" to #3, or make it its own category.

Sixers with Bayless and their 26th pick. Wizards with Gortat, Nuggets with Faried for next years pick or some of their unused but talented players. I get more excited sometimes with what Buss & the scouts can pick than bringing in Lebron to throw his weight around


Agreed 100%. That would be my plan B if we strike out on PG/LBJ. I'm not crazy about bringing Lebron in but if he comes with PG, we'd immediately become a top 2 or 3 team in the west. It'd be great to get back to winning again without giving up much youth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10074

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


The Laker FO already screwed the pooch on a cheap deal with Randle, they likely won’t get a second chance.


Yep, Jules is wanting to get PAID (deservingly so).


I disagree with the whole "screwing the pooch" reference, with regards to the Lakers. If the Lakers sign PG and Lebron and Jules wants to get paid and opts to leave for..... Dallas, who is the one that really got screwed? Julius will be paid but rotting on a terrible, irrelevant Dallas team While the Lakers will be winning, on National TV damn near every night and competing for a title.


That's just ventura. You have to take his anti-FO rhetoric in every post. I heard Rob hit on his wife and Magic kicked his dog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1174

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


The Laker FO already screwed the pooch on a cheap deal with Randle, they likely won’t get a second chance.


Yep, Jules is wanting to get PAID (deservingly so).


I disagree with the whole "screwing the pooch" reference, with regards to the Lakers. If the Lakers sign PG and Lebron and Jules wants to get paid and opts to leave for..... Dallas, who is the one that really got screwed? Julius will be paid but rotting on a terrible, irrelevant Dallas team While the Lakers will be winning, on National TV damn near every night and competing for a title.


That's just ventura. You have to take his anti-FO rhetoric in every post. I heard Rob hit on his wife and Magic kicked his dog.


Oh, That explains a lot, thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 125887
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I picked sign PG and Lebron but, I also think that if this happens, Julius will resign at a lower asking price or take the qualifying offer in order to be apart of this team. There is no way that Julius is gonna walk away if the Lakers sign PG and LeBron. He will have a chance to be apart of a potential championship team, he will not walk away from that. Him and his agent will work with the team in order to secure a long term deal in the future. that is my belief.


The Laker FO already screwed the pooch on a cheap deal with Randle, they likely won’t get a second chance.


Yep, Jules is wanting to get PAID (deservingly so).


I disagree with the whole "screwing the pooch" reference, with regards to the Lakers. If the Lakers sign PG and Lebron and Jules wants to get paid and opts to leave for..... Dallas, who is the one that really got screwed? Julius will be paid but rotting on a terrible, irrelevant Dallas team While the Lakers will be winning, on National TV damn near every night and competing for a title.


Turning down Randle on a long term deal for less than his cap hold was screwing the pooch. Now we will pay more or lose him.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB