2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA

not too worried about the suns or kings

The suns have 3 good and fast players, adding Ayton to that is a lot of speed and talent
the Suns also have 3 first round picks this year, and can draft another PG if they want to.
that team would be fast, talented, and together for years

Suns have three first round picks in the 2018 draft?

Thought it was just two with the Bucks delaying sending a first to a future draft.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Can you guys believe the Warriors got CWebb for Penny + 3 number 1 picks?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.
And a lot of the top talent is at the PF position. So, many of the teams who near the top of the draft are going to be drafting PFs which means that they are less likely to be going after Randle. I think the odds of the Lakers keeping Randle went up.

--Anonymous
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm just happy we didn't give the Celtic scum a pick. (bleep) them. (bleep) the Sixers too while we're at it.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.
And a lot of the top talent is at the PF position. So, many of the teams who near the top of the draft are going to be drafting PFs which means that they are less likely to be going after Randle. I think the odds of the Lakers keeping Randle went up.

Yeah bad market for JR. Oh well take advantage Maginka. I forget this was a PF/C heavy draft.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

Bard207 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA

The suns have 3 good and fast players, adding Ayton to that is a lot of speed and talent
the Suns also have 3 first round picks this year, and can draft another PG if they want to.

Suns have three first round picks in the 2018 draft?

Thought it was just two with the Bucks delaying sending a first to a future draft.

As usual, you are correct.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Givony not great on TV

Better than Bobby Marks. Wow, did he look stiff.

He looked like he was being questioned by the feds.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA

They're going to be a defensive sieve for a few years until Ayton learns how to defend (if he ever does), and taking the ball out of Booker's hands for Ayton post-ups sounds positively regressive.*

*I think the Suns should draft one of Doncic, Young, or Jackson over Ayton.

Doncic going #1 is possible because of his connection to the new coach for the Suns.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

the Magic destroyed GSW with that trade....Penny > CWebb before the injuries....and 3 !st round picks on top of that! (btw, none of the picks turned into very good players)
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

And than the Warriors traded CWebb to the Bullets for 3 first rounders one year after, which should you how big and great CWebb's potential was. I still think that the best thing would have been keeping CWebb for the Magic and Penny stayed with the Warriors. CWebb & Shaq would have probably been the best front court ever and CWebb would have been complimented with Shaq, who was an alpha, while Penny would have been great with Don Nelson, as a Penny, Sprewell, & Mullin trio would have been fun and all they needed and lacked in the 90's were big men to go along with them.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
epak wrote:

And than the Warriors traded CWebb to the Bullets for 3 first rounders one year after, which should you how big and great CWebb's potential was. I still think that the best thing would have been keeping CWebb for the Magic and Penny stayed with the Warriors. CWebb & Shaq would have probably been the best front court ever and CWebb would have been complimented with Shaq, who was an alpha, while Penny would have been great with Don Nelson, as a Penny, Sprewell, & Mullin trio would have been fun and all they needed and lacked in the 90's were big men to go along with them.

not sure how you can say that given the massive early success Penny and Shaq had together.....they were projected to be a long term dynasty....Penny was All NBA in his second season.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Anyway, two teams in our division having the chance to add a great player to their roster...Not ideal.

Who cares about the division? Kings and PHX both have incompetent owners and FOs. Neither is a long-term threat to the Lakers.

In terms of competing for titles, this was an outstanding set out outcomes for the Lakers, as it kept Philly and Boston from scoring big this year, and might keep Boston from scoring big next year.

Philly gets #10 pick instead of #1, and Boston gets Kings’ pick next year instead of 2 or 3 this year.

Kings get #2 pick. If Suns draft Ayton, Kings will take Doncic, who will help them win more games next year than any other draftee, which will hopefully make Boston’s pick next year in the 8-12 range instead of a top 3-5 pick.

Cavs stayed where they were, so no help to keep Lebron.

And as a bonus, the Clips kept their two mediocre picks instead of moving up.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I find it absurd and hilarious that you guys are worried about 2 teams in Kings and Suns who have never had a credibility of building a title team let alone a real contender... even if they add to there young core.... there is gonna be so much star players and FAs switching places that the Suns and Kings getting a top talent won’t move the needle at all.

Sacramento had a contender in the early 2000s, or did you forget? They came within 1 game of going to the finals in 2002, which they would have won had they made it. And honestly, if we replay that 2002 series a hundred times, we probably win 50%, they probably win 50%. It was that tight of a series.

And technically the Kings did win a title--albeit in 51 in Rochester. But it counts just like our Minneapolis ones do.

And as I recall, the Suns were perennial contenders during the D'Antoni-Nash era. And they made it to the finals in 93 and 76.

None of this changes anything. The chances of either team becoming sudden contenders with young, untested rosters is slim. It'll take them a few years, even if one of the top 2 picks turns out to be top all-NBA first team material. A lot can happen in the next few years. But lets not make up fake history about teams and discount their ability to field contenders based on fake history.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

4 of the top 5 picks are coming out West. (bleep) this (bleep). The trash East can't even properly tank.

Last edited by PRLakeShow on Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Who cares about the division? Kings and PHX both have incompetent owners and FOs. Neither is a long-term threat to the Lakers.

I think PHX could be....Booker/Jackson/Ayton or Doncic.....on top of having potentially $60 to $70 Million in cap space in 2019....they are in a very good position IMO
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I find it absurd and hilarious that you guys are worried about 2 teams in Kings and Suns who have never had a credibility of building a title team let alone a real contender... even if they add to there young core.... there is gonna be so much star players and FAs switching places that the Suns and Kings getting a top talent won’t move the needle at all.

Sacramento had a contender in the early 2000s, or did you forget? They came within 1 game of going to the finals in 2002, which they would have won had they made it. And honestly, if we replay that 2002 series a hundred times, we probably win 50%, they probably win 50%. It was that tight of a series.

And technically the Kings did win a title--albeit in 51 in Rochester. But it counts just like our Minneapolis ones do.

And as I recall, the Suns were perennial contenders during the D'Antoni-Nash era. And they made it to the finals in 93 and 76.

None of this changes anything. The chances of either team becoming sudden contenders with young, untested rosters is slim. It'll take them a few years, even if one of the top 2 picks turns out to be top all-NBA first team material. A lot can happen in the next few years. But lets not make up fake history about teams and discount their ability to field contenders based on fake history.

I was more alluding to the fact that both PHX and SAC aren’t really credibility in terms of quickly becoming a contender, I know about there history but it seems like the Kings and Suns haven’t been contending for decades and that comes with lack of credibility.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

I think PHX could be....Booker/Jackson/Ayton or Doncic.....on top of having potentially $60 to $70 Million in cap space in 2019....they are in a very good position IMO

They should also be better coached than they have been over the past few seasons.

Even if neither the Suns or Kings achieve contender status for a while, they should be competitive enough that teams will have to play hard enough to beat them rather expect them to just lay down and willingly accept a beating.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

The don't the Suns and Kings to make a scary team any time soon due to their FO. If you have forgotten, the Suns barely missed the playoffs in 2014. Then they made some awful trades and signings to become the (bleep) show today.

Then the Kings...

Trading Boogie for nothing, signing George Hill, trading for Rondo for one season...

I see them becoming the next Bucks for the forseeable future.

Last edited by chantruong on Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
epak wrote:

not sure how you can say that given the massive early success Penny and Shaq had together.....they were projected to be a long term dynasty....Penny was All NBA in his second season.

Was more so about playing styles, as Webber was miscasted as a center in Golden State and Penny would have fit in even more in the run n gun Don Nelson offense. Crazy thing was that Sprewell was 1st team All-NBA in his 2nd season as well.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA

They're going to be a defensive sieve for a few years until Ayton learns how to defend (if he ever does), and taking the ball out of Booker's hands for Ayton post-ups sounds positively regressive.*

*I think the Suns should draft one of Doncic, Young, or Jackson over Ayton.

Doncic going #1 is possible because of his connection to the new coach for the Suns.

Good point. I think he'll be more ready to help them win out of the gate.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the Draft Lottery drawing. The Suns were drawn for the #1 pick and then got drawn two more times in a row after that, mirroring Boston last season.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Dallas is only picking 5th though...still wonder if they will be a player for Randle.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Dallas is only picking 5th though...still wonder if they will be a player for Randle.

That's a good thing though. Ayton and Luka will be off the board by then and they are more likely to pick the remaining guy between Jackson, Bagley, Porter. I really don't see them drafting Trae Young, Bamba is an option. We'll see.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
I'm just happy we didn't give the Celtic scum a pick. (bleep) them. (bleep) the Sixers too while we're at it.

Absolutely! But (bleep) the Sixers much less than (bleep) the Celtics.
Still, (bleep) them both!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61
Jump to: