2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Fracture wrote:
I'm just happy we didn't give the Celtic scum a pick. (bleep) them. (bleep) the Sixers too while we're at it.

Absolutely! But (bleep) the Sixers much less than (bleep) the Celtics.
Still, (bleep) them both!

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.

I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Happy with our results. Atleast no one is going 1st with our pick. My only beef is this...

PRLakeShow wrote:
4 of the top 5 picks are coming out West. (bleep) this (bleep). The trash East can't even properly tank.

First time I ever cheered for Atlanta. It’s like the West is just never going to stop being loaded.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.

I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.

Doesn't matter GS owns the west for Atleast a few more years. And if Klay takes a 88 MIL discount to stay with GS then tack on 6 more years
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Anthony Davis going to be a Laker. You dont need to worry.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Dr. Strange, that you?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

76ers should get Zhaire.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
76ers should get Zhaire.

That's what I have in my latest mock.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Dr. Strange, that you?

Yes, on some nights in West Hollywood.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

kings are so controversial that half of us worry about them becoming a contender in west adding no 1 in draft and half of us worry that they are going to continue being a mess so next years pick of boston will be very high
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Does the UofA guy shot 3s?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

.343 on about 1 attempt per game. He's got a really good mid-range (and long mid-range) game

Sean Miller (UofA Coach) is really really bad developing & utilizing big men well - and I say that having gone to UofA. Miller is a former guard & is kind of a guard/perimeter coach, who's sucked with about 4 or 5 bigs in a row now.

Miller under-utilized Ayton pretty much the same way he mis-used Markennan the year before.

I expect Ayton to excel in the NBA too - he's pretty much got all the tools and may be the most athletic big that's come along in the last 10 years or more
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Odds of Ayton going number 1? Lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:

.343 on about 1 attempt per game. He's got a really good mid-range (and long mid-range) game

Sean Miller (UofA Coach) is really really bad developing & utilizing big men well - and I say that having gone to UofA. Miller is a former guard & is kind of a guard/perimeter coach, who's sucked with about 4 or 5 bigs in a row now.

Miller under-utilized Ayton pretty much the same way he mis-used Markennan the year before.

I expect Ayton to excel in the NBA too - he's pretty much got all the tools and may be the most athletic big that's come along in the last 10 years or more

Nice. Thanks.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:

Nice. Thanks.

The Suns will probably screw this up though - given their history.
rather then selecting the once in a generation big man, they'll select another soft euro who's game doesn't translate to the NBA anywhere near as well.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:
P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:

Nice. Thanks.

The Suns will probably screw this up though - given their history.
rather then selecting the once in a generation big man, they'll select another soft euro who's game doesn't translate to the NBA anywhere near as well.

They'll draft the current Ricky Rubio.
But with poorer defense.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Happy with our results. Atleast no one is going 1st with our pick. My only beef is this...

PRLakeShow wrote:
4 of the top 5 picks are coming out West. (bleep) this (bleep). The trash East can't even properly tank.

First time I ever cheered for Atlanta. It’s like the West is just never going to stop being loaded.

Yeah, that’s my feeling as well. I really wanted to see some of the eastern conference teams get higher picks and get some more parity on that coast.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I heard his defense is worst than Towns. And that's saying a lot. But offensively, he's a Unicorn... supposedly.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I heard his defense is worst than Towns. And that's saying a lot. But offensively, he's a Unicorn... supposedly.

His defense is actually really good when he's focused on it
Like a lot of young guys, he has a tendency to lose his man a lot when he's off ball
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

He is not a unicorn, and I am probably higher on him than our esteemed draftniks on here like Mike and 44TL and KIROE, to name 3. He shoots adeptly from mid-range, but he's not a 3-point shooting maestro or anything like that. And yes, he does need a lot of work on defense.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

He is not a unicorn, and I am probably higher on him than our esteemed draftniks on here like Mike and 44TL and KIROE, to name 3. He shoots adeptly from mid-range, but he's not a 3-point shooting maestro or anything like that. And yes, he does need a lot of work on defense.

Keeping in mind that he didn't have much of a jumper at all in highschool.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Now, Philly drafts a player who will be out of the League in a couple of years, so we can say: "see, that Nash trade wasn't so bad..."
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Now, Philly drafts a player who will be out of the League in a couple of years, so we can say: "see, that Nash trade wasn't so bad..."

Well, a boom-or-bust prospect that could be in that range for them at #10 would be Zhaire Smith.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

No LG will rave about some guy we missed at 23 because we didn’t have that pic.

Or 13...
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.

Ayton, Bagley and Bamba all look like great bigmen to me.

Bamba has a 7'9" wingspan and he is not slow.

Ayton can score and block and shoot, IMO he can be better than Embiid.

Heck, Porter looked like a better Blake Griffin and who knows how good Doncic will be, kid seems to be legit.

I think that all of those players will be better than the number one pick last season Fultz.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61
Jump to: