Please Delete This Post Anniversary Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1871, 1872, 1873 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Careful now. You signed the NDA.

Hector the Pup wrote:

Your experience isn't uncommon. There's a hotel in Hollywood with a a rooftop area that has a view of a couple in an adjacent building doing something slightly more tame but along the same lines.

That's a helluva Happy Hour!

Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Something I never understood, why are these called shades while they are certainly the brightest moments of life?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Your experience isn't uncommon. There's a hotel in Hollywood with a a rooftop area that has a view of a couple in an adjacent building doing something slightly more tame but along the same lines.

Is there someone with the hotel that coordinates with the couple? Is there some sort of schedule, like two matinees and a sunset performance, three times a week?
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Is there someone with the hotel that coordinates with the couple? Is there some sort of schedule, like two matinees and a sunset performance, three times a week?

You up to selling tickets?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Actually, I was looking to buy
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Actually, I was looking to buy

Just tell em Hector sent you.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Jesus christ what the F. That's (bleep) lucky. Lucky that I got to stay at the same hotel, and lucky that you got that much activity. Everytime we'd leave for our day trips, we'd peer through the windows in the lounge at the pool during its operating hours and there was never ANYONE there. I kept kicking myself because I never woke up early enough to use the pool (not to vogue in anyone else's jizz, not even my own, mind you), but to relax. I feel much better about not soaking in there now...but I want to go back if only to have that same experience.

Now tell us about day 2!

Woke up just in time for a street dog on the short walk to the early show of Kinky Boots. Everyone says you have to see a Broadway show, and I've more than fulfilled my obligation, so my excitement was reserved for what to do next. The show was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyable and I lost myself in the story. Loved it, and we decided to make this a day of the Arts and hit the museums.
Cab ride to the Guggenheim.
Pro-tip: The walkway to view the art is an interior inclined plane running along the circular museum wall climbing 6-8 stories. Rather than walk up, take the elevator to the top and walk down. The art looks better when you aren't pretending not to be winded. Visited another museum, and walked through the park ending up at the old FAO Schwarz on 5th Ave. The place was packed, so we did a little shopping, grabbed our bags and hustled for the door navigating around kids and mothers and strollers and
<THUD>
A tiny toddler who had pulled himself to standing behind a stroller lost his grip and fell on my right boot, size 12, in full forward stride, launching his rag doll body down the aisle.
The <THUD> was the baby returning to Earth.
The scream was his grandmother.
The gasp was the collective horror of the other mothers who just witnessed a big ol dude punt a baby down the main aisle of FAO Schwarz. I stayed to make sure the toddler was ok (he was) and that the grandmother was ok (she most certainly was NOT) and then slinked out the door, welcoming the blast of cold air.
"Where is a fair catch when you need one?" joked the GF.
"That kid owes me a shoe shine" I muttered, gallows humor hiding our concern.

Back to the room to freshen up and change for dinner.
Fancy dinner in the rotating restaurant atop the 48 story Westin Hotel, called The View. We met our party at the bar, catching up and enjoying the New York City skyline. We were seated around 9:30 or so, and eagerly perused the menu until one of our party whispered and pointed to the window. Looking outside, we could see into the adjacent W Hotel. About five floors below was a brightly lit hotel room with the curtains open, framing two adult type people as though they were on a stage. A male/female couple were engaged in an act I later came to understand as "pegging".
We were mesmerized. Laughing, joking, curious glances and stares, giggling at the outrageous naughtiness of it all. Soon, we realized that half the restaurant had already seen the couple and now their attention was focused on the reaction of others. The rest of dinner was punctuated by gasps and guffaws, as the restaurant continued to turn.

whaaaat the (bleep). I'm going to have to go back to NYC to do the JMK crawl. Thanks for the guggenheim tip, I've still not been there, nor have I been to new yankee stadium or the met.

I used to LOVE going to FAO before the rise of smartphone/selfie degeneracy. Starting around 2009ish the store became more and more crowded with each visit, by milleniturds from all over the world trying to yeet their social media likes into the sky. "Hey let's go get a video with that big piano from Sleepless in Seattle!"
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
So yup 50 shades of jmk.

Naw, that was Weinstein's room.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

whaaaat the (bleep). I'm going to have to go back to NYC to do the JMK crawl. Thanks for the guggenheim tip, I've still not been there, nor have I been to new yankee stadium or the met.

I used to LOVE going to FAO before the rise of smartphone/selfie degeneracy. Starting around 2009ish the store became more and more crowded with each visit, by milleniturds from all over the world trying to yeet their social media likes into the sky. "Hey let's go get a video with that big piano from Sleepless in Seattle!"

This might have been lost on a previous post, but find an excuse, any excuse (mine was pizza) to take the subway to Brooklyn, and then walk back to Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge Prom. The Prom is a two-way boardwalk suspended over the traffic traversing the Brooklyn Bridge and the East River below. Lots to look at, and an incredible mix of locals and tourists of all kinds. Mind the bicycles - they are commuters willing to risk their lives riding a bicycle in the City, and are not to be messed with! But the view is worth the walk. Regardless of fitness level, other commitments, or how crazy you think it sounds (I was firmly against walking across some GD bridge for no reason). Definitely an all-time highlight. The view of Manhattan is a great mix of awe inspiring (achievement of man) and tranquil (air, land and sea), a rare blend of the elements for NYC.

For the Gug - peek at the website and plan accordingly. This trip, they had collages of b+w photographs of NYC. Cool enough. Lot's of bricks, and doorways and streetlights and haggard lookin' people and the subway and some more bricks,
and
I'm hungry.

Also, just hang out at Grand Central Station, people watching, sipping coffee, gotta do the whispering corners.
Wall street was creepy in that I got the super-secret back stage tour in 1994 when I was a brand new shiny stock broker and Wall Street was comparatively unregulated and on the verge of Tech Explosion. Now, the place is a series of Security Baricades resembling a Militarized Zone.
Cause it is, I guess.
And of course, the WTC. There are no words. I literally lost track of time contemplating an empty hole in the ground, barely able to comprehend the thousands of people represented.
And gone.
And then, just when you've seen enough, you realize that right over there is another one just like it, identical in every way except the different set of names engraved upon it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Jesus christ what the F. That's (bleep) lucky. Lucky that I got to stay at the same hotel, and lucky that you got that much activity. Everytime we'd leave for our day trips, we'd peer through the windows in the lounge at the pool during its operating hours and there was never ANYONE there. I kept kicking myself because I never woke up early enough to use the pool (not to vogue in anyone else's jizz, not even my own, mind you), but to relax. I feel much better about not soaking in there now...but I want to go back if only to have that same experience.

Now tell us about day 2!

Woke up just in time for a street dog on the short walk to the early show of Kinky Boots. Everyone says you have to see a Broadway show, and I've more than fulfilled my obligation, so my excitement was reserved for what to do next. The show was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyable and I lost myself in the story. Loved it, and we decided to make this a day of the Arts and hit the museums.
Pro-tip: The walkway to view the art is an interior inclined plane running along the circular museum wall climbing 6-8 stories. Rather than walk up, take the elevator to the top and walk down. The art looks better when you aren't pretending not to be winded. Visited another museum, and walked through the park ending up at the old FAO Schwarz on 5th Ave. The place was packed, so we did a little shopping, grabbed our bags and hustled for the door navigating around kids and mothers and strollers and
<THUD>
A tiny toddler who had pulled himself to standing behind a stroller lost his grip and fell on my right boot, size 12, in full forward stride, launching his rag doll body down the aisle.
The gasp was the collective horror of the other mothers who just witnessed a big ol dude punt a baby down the main aisle of FAO Schwarz. I stayed to make sure the toddler was ok (he was) and that the grandmother was ok (she most certainly was NOT) and then slinked out the door, welcoming the blast of cold air.

Fancy dinner in the rotating restaurant atop the 48 story Westin Hotel, called The View. We met our party at the bar, catching up and enjoying the New York City skyline. We were seated around 9:30 or so, and eagerly perused the menu until one of our party whispered and pointed to the window. Looking outside, we could see into the adjacent W Hotel. About five floors below was a brightly lit hotel room with the curtains open, framing two adult type people as though they were on a stage. A male/female couple were engaged in an act I later came to understand as "pegging".
We were mesmerized. Laughing, joking, curious glances and stares, giggling at the outrageous naughtiness of it all. Soon, we realized that half the restaurant had already seen the couple and now their attention was focused on the reaction of others. The rest of dinner was punctuated by gasps and guffaws, as the restaurant continued to turn.

The piano is from Big.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Now tell us about day 2!

<THUD>

The piano is from Big.

that was the joke
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

BTW - The Manhattan skyline is so stunningly amazing and so overwhelming in scale that being inside the city can overwhelm the senses. It limits your vision and bombards you with stimuli. I find myself searching for something familiar.
A tree.
The sky.
Non-pigeon wildlife.

That's probably why I liked the walk across the bridge. You have enough time and perspective to absorb it.
Take it all in, seeing both forest and trees.

And hey, you know what is played in a park?
Baseball!
And hey, you know what is played on a field?
Football!
Every tourist visit should include a sports event.

Pretty sure I just mentally committed to going to NYC whenever the Lakers play the Knicks (although, maybe the Nets) next year.
Good enough excuse.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Something I never understood, why are these called shades while they are certainly the brightest moments of life?

You're welcome.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
Shaber wrote:

You're welcome.

Too rough for me.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

Three Robinsons just flew straight over my house followed by two Lynx Wildcats. All in perfect formation.
Should I feel safe or worried?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Three Robinsons just flew straight over my house followed by two Lynx Wildcats. All in perfect formation.

Depends.
Are they looking for you?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Tell them you have only been on LG once, you've never been in PDTP and have no idea who this encina1 character is, but you hope they catch him.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

This might have been lost on a previous post, but find an excuse, any excuse (mine was pizza) to take the subway to Brooklyn, and then walk back to Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge Prom. The Prom is a two-way boardwalk suspended over the traffic traversing the Brooklyn Bridge and the East River below. Lots to look at, and an incredible mix of locals and tourists of all kinds. Mind the bicycles - they are commuters willing to risk their lives riding a bicycle in the City, and are not to be messed with! But the view is worth the walk. Regardless of fitness level, other commitments, or how crazy you think it sounds (I was firmly against walking across some GD bridge for no reason). Definitely an all-time highlight. The view of Manhattan is a great mix of awe inspiring (achievement of man) and tranquil (air, land and sea), a rare blend of the elements for NYC.

For the Gug - peek at the website and plan accordingly. This trip, they had collages of b+w photographs of NYC. Cool enough. Lot's of bricks, and doorways and streetlights and haggard lookin' people and the subway and some more bricks,
and
I'm hungry.

Also, just hang out at Grand Central Station, people watching, sipping coffee, gotta do the whispering corners.
Wall street was creepy in that I got the super-secret back stage tour in 1994 when I was a brand new shiny stock broker and Wall Street was comparatively unregulated and on the verge of Tech Explosion. Now, the place is a series of Security Baricades resembling a Militarized Zone.
Cause it is, I guess.
And of course, the WTC. There are no words. I literally lost track of time contemplating an empty hole in the ground, barely able to comprehend the thousands of people represented.
And gone.
And then, just when you've seen enough, you realize that right over there is another one just like it, identical in every way except the different set of names engraved upon it.

Thanks for this. I actually walked across the bridge a lifetime ago but I was a dumb kid and it was a just a bridge to me. I haven't been back to the WTC since 08 or so when they were clearing out the foundation...hurts thinking about it, makes me sad to look at the skyline without the twin towers.

brb chicago for 4 days. Anything I should know? gonna go to 6 flags and a cubs game but other than that no solid plans
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Shaber wrote:

Depends.
Are they looking for you?

How would I know?

At least they did not come back. Wait,,, they did not come back? Who's protecting me know? Time to panic.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

No worries
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

I came to share pictures, but JMK seems to have shared all already
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

I think JMK took care of the sharing quota for the week.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

I, too, refuse to shut the curtains, but you are lucky JMK did not peer into my window. But count yourself even more fortunate he did not see EB's hotel room.

A few chickens...

Copy of keyboardist monthly magazine...

lots of McDonald's wrappers....

two cans of PBR empty strewn about the room...

EB passed out on the floor with one leg on the bed somehow. His boxers still on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

brb chicago for 4 days. Anything I should know? gonna go to 6 flags and a cubs game but other than that no solid plans

First, find a 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend you picking one up. Grab your girl and a friend and spend the day at a museum, see priceless works of art, eat pancreas. You can participate in a parade and stand on the rail atop the John Hancock building and observe the city below. It is so peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet. The people look like ants.

Thank you for the info about Six Flags. My 11 year old daughter has recently discovered the joy of roller coasters and is ready to surrender her Disneyland pass for something more adventurous. Six Flags Discovery sounds like a winner - roller coasters along side lions and tigers and bears? Oh my!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I hope you all learned your lesson.
I notice that no one asked me about day 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1871, 1872, 1873 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next
Page 1872 of 2025
Jump to: