The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

If they are smart they will make marketing money and not give up salary. More marketing money in LA is so 1980.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

The potential of players agreeing to less is unlikely IMO but would certainly not be out of the question. But the agreement of multiple players would have to be coordinated by them not by the Lakers FO.

Similar to when James, Bosh and Wade agreed to work together and take below market value. Or when players like Durant, Livingston, Iguadala or DWest take below their respective market value.

In this case it would be James and George discussing how the Lakers could be competitive. Then start talking to the Randle, Thomas, Lopez and other free agents for them to agree before listening to the FO sales pitch.

Sadly other vets can take them out to dinner too. Doesn’t Paul have an opt out? Maybe he takes much less to form a Super Team. Not every scenario is favorable for the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

If Lebron wants to come for the max you say “welcome aboard Mr. James”.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The potential of players agreeing to less is unlikely IMO but would certainly not be out of the question. But the agreement of multiple players would have to be coordinated by them not by the Lakers FO.

Similar to when James, Bosh and Wade agreed to work together and take below market value. Or when players like Durant, Livingston, Iguadala or DWest take below their respective market value.

In this case it would be James and George discussing how the Lakers could be competitive. Then start talking to the Randle, Thomas, Lopez and other free agents for them to agree before listening to the FO sales pitch.

Sadly other vets can take them out to dinner too. Doesn’t Paul have an opt out? Maybe he takes much less to form a Super Team. Not every scenario is favorable for the Lakers.

I think its all good...if players are going "out to dinner" discussing how to team up. I give the Lakers a very good chance of being a desirable place to go. If free agents go elsewhere so be it. I love where the Lakers are headed regardless of Max free agent talk this summer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

We've endured the KFT. Might as well have the LFT as well.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

If we sign Lebron then the last 4 years was for nothing.

- we will have to let Randle walk for nothing
- Lebron + PG means Ingram’s development is over (or Lebron will have him traded for veteran help)
- Zo, one of the worst shooters we’ve ever seen will be forced to play off the ball
- Hart / Kuzma will possibly be traded for veteran help

I’m not denying LJ’s greatness. But at his age and with Father Time being undefeated...I just don’t want to give up our budding young core to appease him.

Sign George, resign Randle, try to trade Ball for Lillard
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the Lakers have had the the worst five year run in franchise history and people growing up now or newer fans have seen the Lakers being terrible, not great or even good. The horror of having one of the 3 greatest players ever that will make you automatically turn you into title contenders, I guess its better to just continue being mediocre, which the Lakers have been and are more likely to be without LeBron.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I cannot fathom anymore how he doesnt come. Its a sure thing at this point. Not sure what would need to happen that he doesnt come. Its his only chance to beat Golden State.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
I cannot fathom anymore how he doesnt come. Its a sure thing at this point. Not sure what would need to happen that he doesnt come. Its his only chance to beat Golden State.

You are not alone, all of the retired players or known people are saying LeBron to Lakers.... to much smoke and fire... it’s gonna happen
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

nah the Lakers dont even give him the best chance at beating them
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Really? What else is there?
Paul George to Lakers is also looking like a real possibility if not a lock. Kawhi wants to come as well. Heck we can easily sign both LeBron and George and still have attractive pieces to trade for Kawhi.

We have the youth, the money, everything. I dont see what other team can compete with what we can offer, definitely dont see what other team can assemble a team nearly as good.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

I've been thinking, and it's kind of obvious, but Lebron has made a career out of being the focal point of the offense and surrounding himself with shooters. Well....WE CAN'T SHOOT!! I think we will have some real chemistry issues to solve that simply won't be worth it. If he was 4 years younger then this is a no brainer, but it just doesn't seem like a good long term strategy. Now PG this year and Kawhi next? SIGN ME UP!
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject:

Hope that this story about LBJ in Laker uniform is just that. Story that will never happen.
I do not want to see him mess with our young core and making them his private toy. Next season he is 34. We are building something new, something good and positive. We don't need him to come and to become distraction on that way.
Please LBJ stay in Cleveland and try to make some new team of players chasing rings. Don't want that in PnG.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

It seems that Lebron and the Lakers are not a match except for the fact that he want to live in LA. But he can do that in retirement which is not that far away.
But if he wants to get into the finals he would stay in the East and join Philly. If he wants to come to the West join GSW or Houston.
This would maximize his chances of winning another title.
The Lakers don't have shooters like Cleveland and not even a second all star.
PG seems like a better fit and bet in LA. The Lakers can build around him for the future. He is in his prime. It probably will depend on OKC being able to offer him the max.
OKC has Westbrook and Adams to build around with PG. If they can get Melo to opt out, they can afford Westbrook and PG as max players. They key is if CA opts out or not.
The key for the Lakers is to show they can get into the playoffs then most likely superstars will come.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

Once again, LeBron shows he's a mercenary willing only to work for himself and once things start looking down he'll do ANYTHING but fight. Don't want that here. Don't want the end of his career here. I'll take my chances with PG and Randle going into FA next year and the Warriors (who will be suffering from fatigue sooner or later) then mortgaging much of our future with LeBron. Get that wimpy arse out of here.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

As time goes on, I’m more convinced that LBJ will want to come here. And I don’t think he’s going to ask for a gutting if the teamz I think he will sign a 3-4 year deal, we will sign PG, and we will add some veterans in the cheap who believe we can contend.

We will likely make some sacrifice like trading zu or a future pick to get rid of deng. Besides that, I think our team remains mainly intact.

This is just gut feel as I don’t think any of the other landing spots are any better than what we can offer
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Really? What else is there?
Paul George to Lakers is also looking like a real possibility if not a lock. Kawhi wants to come as well. Heck we can easily sign both LeBron and George and still have attractive pieces to trade for Kawhi.

We have the youth, the money, everything. I dont see what other team can compete with what we can offer, definitely dont see what other team can assemble a team nearly as good.

Philly, Houston. Houston would take some maneuvering, but its possible.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

The Rockets and Sixers give him a better chance of beating GS, but I can see him picking LA for other reasons.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

Lebron better take a huge paycut if he wants to convince Magic to let him play here. I'm not sure he is or was ever in Magics plans. I think its Pg, Randle and Max slot for next season.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If Lebron wants to come for the max you say “welcome aboard Mr. James”.

So you are willing to give him a 4 years max and get stuck paying him $30M+ at the age of 38 ? Is that a smart investment? Yes he's great today... but his decline is not far off, 2 years max at the top like this? His decline will be on our pay roll. We went through this with Kobe not long ago, but Kobe was ours and we can argue that the organization owed it to him, we don't owe Lebron anything.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Lebron is leaving the east because he doesnt want to face the risk of losing to Kyrie in the playoffs. Hes not going to join the rockets to join another "superteam". Lebron has at least 3 more good years on him. I dont expect him to take a paycut so Lakers gotta find a way to keep Randle.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Lebron better take a huge paycut if he wants to convince Magic to let him play here. I'm not sure he is or was ever in Magics plans. I think its Pg, Randle and Max slot for next season.

If Lebron says he wants to come here and wants the max Magic will fall to his knees and sign him right there on the spot. It's obvious that's the plan, Randle will be sacrificed for 2 max slots, that's always been the plan.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

If Lebron says he wants to come here and wants the max Magic will fall to his knees and sign him right there on the spot. It's obvious that's the plan, Randle will be sacrificed for 2 max slots, that's always been the plan.

at the beginning of the season, yes. But Randle has improved too much and more or less became a Draymond Green 2.0 overnight. Randle has shown he has a place on this team. He's the workhorse of a championship team.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

I think Houston is only possible if the Cavs agree to sign and trade him, which would mean taking on bad contracts. It's better to lose him for nothing.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

at the beginning of the season, yes. But Randle has improved too much and more or less became a Draymond Green 2.0 overnight. Randle has shown he has a place on this team. He's the workhorse of a championship team.

totally agree. Now they will have to pay him more than they thought.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 179 of 2079
Jump to: