The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

It saddens me that we're probably desperate enough to max LeBron for the attention but he's not worth it. LeBron-ball did work but now he's older and still wants to get his instead of doing what's best for the team. I can only hope we don't sign him.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
It saddens me that we're probably desperate enough to max LeBron for the attention but he's not worth it. LeBron-ball did work but now he's older and still wants to get his instead of doing what's best for the team. I can only hope we don't sign him.

if we sign LBJ, it's not for attention. we get plenty of that.

i think he's at the point of his career where perhaps he'd be open to play off ball a bit more and giving his body a break. he's obviously not getting that in cleveland.

think about who's going to stop him when he curls, nobody. and most times he will end up taking 2 defenders with him leaving an open shooter.

i'm not sure signing lebron is the best move, but to say we're doing it for attention is far from accurate.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:

i think he's at the point of his career where perhaps he'd be open to play off ball a bit more and giving his body a break. he's obviously not getting that in cleveland.

think about who's going to stop him when he curls, nobody. and most times he will end up taking 2 defenders with him leaving an open shooter.

i'm not sure signing lebron is the best move, but to say we're doing it for attention is far from accurate.

Hard for me to believe that the guy who has played with Kyrie and Wade and still needed to get his wants to play off-ball. Obviously, we're probably the best option for his ego because nobody here including PG13 can threaten him for being the #1 option. Philly on the other hand has Simmons and Embiid. Embiid will probably be a monster next year as well.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:

Lol youre crazy, LeBron is amazing and is playing his ass off.

Only reason why hes not going to the finals again is cos his team is garbage and hes playing a very hot team right now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Only reason why hes not going to the finals again is cos his team is garbage and hes playing a very hot team right now.

Yeah. I'm surprised he got them this far. I thought for sure Toronto would beat them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

He is so gone from the Cavs.
Lakers. 76ers. Rox. Will be his next destination.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Hard for me to believe that the guy who has played with Kyrie and Wade and still needed to get his wants to play off-ball. Obviously, we're probably the best option for his ego because nobody here including PG13 can threaten him for being the #1 option. Philly on the other hand has Simmons and Embiid. Embiid will probably be a monster next year as well.

you didn't address your reasoning on how we would be signing LBJ for attention.

on the on-ball/off-ball issue. Kyrie handled the ball quite a bit as well during is CLE days, and that allowed LBJ to take plays off. He no longer has that luxury.

when he played with Wade, they started off by essentially sharing possessions, but that didn't work out well and LBJ became the primary guy, with Wade being a complementary ball handler.

if he comes here, we will have zo, BI, and most importantly an offensive scheme that isn't a stand and watch system. lazy basketball = ISO basketball with no off ball movement. that won't happen here i'm guessing.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:

you didn't address your reasoning on how we would be signing LBJ for attention.

on the on-ball/off-ball issue. Kyrie handled the ball quite a bit as well during is CLE days, and that allowed LBJ to take plays off. He no longer has that luxury.

when he played with Wade, they started off by essentially sharing possessions, but that didn't work out well and LBJ became the primary guy, with Wade being a complementary ball handler.

if he comes here, we will have zo, BI, and most importantly an offensive scheme that isn't a stand and watch system. lazy basketball = ISO basketball with no off ball movement. that won't happen here i'm guessing.

I don't see any other reason to bring him here besides the fact that he's box-office. That's just my opinion.

LeBron-ball works until it doesn't, and I don't think it's the way to go right now. Everything you said is nice but I'm skeptical that happens. We also have young coach that doesn't necessarily have a lot pedigree to dictate things his way. LeBron wants to win but he wants all the credit with it. I think that's pretty obvious. I think he tanked the 2011 series because Wade was gonna win Finals MVP - it's still mind-boggling for him to take himself out of series like that. If he's here then I'll root him and the Lakers but I'd rather not have him.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Likely 76ers or Lakers.

I think Bron is smart in that he wont want to go somewhere where hes their last move.

The Rockets own no draft picks and have no young players to really trade. So if Bron goes there, theyre locked in. Its those 3 + Cappela (which is solid, for sure) and then just the MLE every year.

If basketball is his main focus - he goes to Philly. They could get him, have Embiid and Simmons and still have a TON of draft picks, Fultz and Saric as trade chips.

If he wants side biz stuff, or location for his family or wants his son playing HS hoops in CA, its LAL.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I said this the moment they made that trade with us.. Rob straight up out maneuvered the Cavs. They ended up with a roster worse than ours by taking our less desirable young guys and then giving us a pick.

D Wade, Thomas, Crowder, Frye, Derrick Rose turned into JC, Nance, Hood, George Hill.

I mean, come on. Who really thought that roster was going to keep LeBron. And maybe Cavs even made this move knowing he's gone but either way the writing has been on the wall since the Kyrie trade and the trade deadline further cemented that.

We just gotta let Rob and Magic do their things and hopefully he's a Laker 7-8 weeks...........
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Lebron had a frickin 40 point triple double and played 39 minutes last night. What else can the man do. I still think it was unwise of him to play all 82 games this year. Just think of what he could do if he was more rested for the playoffs. The guy is an incredible athlete.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron had a frickin 40 point triple double and played 39 minutes last night. What else can the man do. I still think it was unwise of him to play all 82 games this year. Just think of what he could do if he was more rested for the playoffs. The guy is an incredible athlete.

By not taking plays off. Harden had similar game and received a lot of criticism for it. Hard for LeBron's role players to get any type of rhythm when he plays like that.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I think Houston is only possible if the Cavs agree to sign and trade him, which would mean taking on bad contracts. It's better to lose him for nothing.

well if you lose Lebron you need to rebuild anyway so having bad contracts while you tank is no problem at all. And its not like star players will be lining up to play in Cleveland even if they can the cap space to sign them... they will need to first build up a good young core. So carrying a few bad contracts for 2 or so years in exchange for more 1st round picks would be a smart move.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
32 wrote:

By not taking plays off. Harden had similar game and received a lot of criticism for it. Hard for LeBron's role players to get any type of rhythm when he plays like that.

Probably fatigue.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
I think Houston is only possible if the Cavs agree to sign and trade him, which would mean taking on bad contracts. It's better to lose him for nothing.

well if you lose Lebron you need to rebuild anyway so having bad contracts while you tank is no problem at all. And its not like star players will be lining up to play in Cleveland even if they can the cap space to sign them... they will need to first build up a good young core. So carrying a few bad contracts for 2 or so years in exchange for more 1st round picks would be a smart move.

Not if you’re paying luxury and repeater taxes for a non playoff team.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I said this the moment they made that trade with us.. Rob straight up out maneuvered the Cavs. They ended up with a roster worse than ours by taking our less desirable young guys and then giving us a pick.

D Wade, Thomas, Crowder, Frye, Derrick Rose turned into JC, Nance, Hood, George Hill.

I mean, come on. Who really thought that roster was going to keep LeBron. And maybe Cavs even made this move knowing he's gone but either way the writing has been on the wall since the Kyrie trade and the trade deadline further cemented that.

We just gotta let Rob and Magic do their things and hopefully he's a Laker 7-8 weeks...........

I'm pretty sure the Cavs original supporting cast even without IT would be doing better but they apparently improved by getting younger whatever that means. Really can't listen to these sports pundits anymore.

Getting Deandre may have been a better use of their 1st round pick.

Not complaining tho, I'm glad with the outcome.

Last edited by chantruong on Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
I cannot fathom anymore how he doesnt come. Its a sure thing at this point. Not sure what would need to happen that he doesnt come. Its his only chance to beat Golden State.

It is no chance to beat the Warriors
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If Lebron wants to come for the max you say “welcome aboard Mr. James”.

So you are willing to give him a 4 years max and get stuck paying him $30M+ at the age of 38 ? Is that a smart investment? Yes he's great today... but his decline is not far off, 2 years max at the top like this? His decline will be on our pay roll. We went through this with Kobe not long ago, but Kobe was ours and we can argue that the organization owed it to him, we don't owe Lebron anything.

It would be more like $40 mil. We would be in the playoffs, the media would write how great our FO is, and they would bask in the glory. Short of being a contender, what could be better?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Plus he hasn’t played defense in two years.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:

Attention? What are the Lakers? Some 13 y/o girl? They are signing him because he is the best basketball player in the world. Geez.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Attention? What are the Lakers? Some 13 y/o girl? They are signing him because he is the best basketball player in the world. Geez.

I disagree that he is but will agree that the best wouldn’t consider signing here.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

I mean, come on. Who really thought that roster was going to keep LeBron.

There wasn't a slam-dunk, no brainer way for them to improve, but I was impressed by the moves they made. They gave up old guys and pieces that didn't fit and all they gave up of substance was the #25 draft pick.

That said, it's hard to make so many moves during a season and gell. But I don't see that if they had stood pat they'd be in a better position right now. If Lebron leaves, they're going to suck for a while, and that #25 pick is unlikely to be a difference-maker.

I'd say the trade made sense for them, and for us.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

As long as he understands its Lavar's team and he's willing to defer to LiAngelo and LaMelo, he is more than welcome lol.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:

LeBron-ball works until it doesn't, and I don't think it's the way to go right now. Everything you said is nice but I'm skeptical that happens. We also have young coach that doesn't necessarily have a lot pedigree to dictate things his way. LeBron wants to win but he wants all the credit with it. I think that's pretty obvious. I think he tanked the 2011 series because Wade was gonna win Finals MVP - it's still mind-boggling for him to take himself out of series like that. If he's here then I'll root him and the Lakers but I'd rather not have him.

All "ball" works until it doesn't. What does that mean? I'm not sure where you get your psychological analysis of the man from. Certainly not any true familiarity with him. He gets all the credit because he does all the work. At every step he defends his lousy teammates and props them up. You speak of him as if he has some fragile ego. He has a very big ego, deservedly so, and comes across as someone confident enough that he doesn't have to engage in self-aggrandizment. I don't remember enough of the 2011 series, but it is simply asinine to suggest he tanked just to avoid his teammate getting series MVP. Sometimes you just get beat. At the end of the day Finals MVPs mean nothing compared to rings. Does anyone care that Cedric Maxwell was Finals MVP in 81 over Bird? No, Bird still gets the credit. So no, Lebron didn't tank the Finals to spite Wade.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:

Nonsense. He’s the ultimate team player and he’s still a beast.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 180 of 2079
Jump to: