The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Lebron is a front runner.

Him coming to the West unless he has a stacked deck is unlikely.

We need to get PG, and somehow keep Julius and Ball. Even that might not be enough.

Houston is a safer bet, and they will be more "finals ready" than a Lakers team with an unproven PG, ball and randle.

My pick is still Houston, unless somehow they win the finals.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

“Lebrons not going to the Lakers, because they know they can get Kawhi [Leonard] next summer," the agent said.”

Unknown agent said this.

Last edited by DangeRuss on Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Lebron is a front runner.

Him coming to the West unless he has a stacked deck is unlikely.

We need to get PG, and somehow keep Julius and Ball. Even that might not be enough.

Houston is a safer bet, and they will be more "finals ready" than a Lakers team with an unproven PG, ball and randle.

My pick is still Houston, unless somehow they win the finals.

So he was front running when he returned to a Cleveland team that had won 33 games the previous season?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

I don't believe for a second he came back to the Cavs, and thought they wouldn't get Kevin Love. I'm sure there was some agreement that they would trade Wiggins for a superstar to help him and Kyrie. He was staying in a weak conference and he knew he was getting Love, or some other superstar in a trade for Wiggins. Lebron is cerebral. He doesn't do things without knowing what the end result will be.

Yes, he's a front runner. When the going gets tough, he leaves. And he will prove that for the 3rd time this off-season.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Hes the Phil JAckson of players. he goes to stacked teams.

Rockets is my guess. I dont know what the payroll situation is but Rockets and banana boat part 2
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to lean towards Lebron going to the Rockets. If he stays in the east he could lose the to Celtics every year. Lebron going West would be a breathe of fresh air tho he would be joining a loaded team. Still don't think they can beat a healthy GSW.

I don't see any team taking both Anderson and Gordon. Maybe one team takes either one with future draft picks going there way. If not, someone would have to take a massive paycut. Maybe Lebron is that gutless.

They can't keep D'Antoni if he comes either. Chances are he will get fired after this series if they get swept or lose in 5. They will have to find a puppet for Lebron. Don't see any real coaches available.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
It saddens me that we're probably desperate enough to max LeBron for the attention but he's not worth it. LeBron-ball did work but now he's older and still wants to get his instead of doing what's best for the team. I can only hope we don't sign him.

if we sign LBJ, it's not for attention. we get plenty of that.

i think he's at the point of his career where perhaps he'd be open to play off ball a bit more and giving his body a break. he's obviously not getting that in cleveland.

think about who's going to stop him when he curls, nobody. and most times he will end up taking 2 defenders with him leaving an open shooter.

i'm not sure signing lebron is the best move, but to say we're doing it for attention is far from accurate.

Hard for me to believe that the guy who has played with Kyrie and Wade and still needed to get his wants to play off-ball. Obviously, we're probably the best option for his ego because nobody here including PG13 can threaten him for being the #1 option. Philly on the other hand has Simmons and Embiid. Embiid will probably be a monster next year as well.

you didn't address your reasoning on how we would be signing LBJ for attention.

on the on-ball/off-ball issue. Kyrie handled the ball quite a bit as well during is CLE days, and that allowed LBJ to take plays off. He no longer has that luxury.

when he played with Wade, they started off by essentially sharing possessions, but that didn't work out well and LBJ became the primary guy, with Wade being a complementary ball handler.

if he comes here, we will have zo, BI, and most importantly an offensive scheme that isn't a stand and watch system. lazy basketball = ISO basketball with no off ball movement. that won't happen here i'm guessing.

I don't see any other reason to bring him here besides the fact that he's box-office. That's just my opinion.

LeBron-ball works until it doesn't, and I don't think it's the way to go right now. Everything you said is nice but I'm skeptical that happens. We also have young coach that doesn't necessarily have a lot pedigree to dictate things his way. LeBron wants to win but he wants all the credit with it. I think that's pretty obvious. I think he tanked the 2011 series because Wade was gonna win Finals MVP - it's still mind-boggling for him to take himself out of series like that. If he's here then I'll root him and the Lakers but I'd rather not have him.

I'd advise anyone who's going back and forth with this man to end the discussion after this ridiculous comment.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
I'm starting to lean towards Lebron going to the Rockets. If he stays in the east he could lose the to Celtics every year. Lebron going West would be a breathe of fresh air tho he would be joining a loaded team. Still don't think they can beat a healthy GSW.

I don't see any team taking both Anderson and Gordon. Maybe one team takes either one with future draft picks going there way. If not, someone would have to take a massive paycut. Maybe Lebron is that gutless.

They can't keep D'Antoni if he comes either. Chances are he will get fired after this series if they get swept or lose in 5. They will have to find a puppet for Lebron. Don't see any real coaches available.

I don’t see big difference between picking Houston or LA, playing with CP3 and Harden is just as enticing as playing with PG and Jules or PG and Kawhi... we have so much flexibility to convince LeBron to join that I’m surprised you would think he’s leaning toward the Rockets..
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Was reading the Cavs forum (again lol) and this one dude says he knows someone in the Lebron camp. He said that Lebron to the Lakers is likely and mentioned that his team has moved out here. He also mentioned that to Lebron, it's all about Branding at this point. Another person replied by saying that he wouldn't be surprised that the Clarkson/Nance trade was made by Lebron to help the Lakers gain future capspace. For me personally, that's kinda far fetched. But if true, that's some Keyser Söze type (bleep) right there.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
It saddens me that we're probably desperate enough to max LeBron for the attention but he's not worth it. LeBron-ball did work but now he's older and still wants to get his instead of doing what's best for the team. I can only hope we don't sign him.

i think he's at the point of his career where perhaps he'd be open to play off ball a bit more and giving his body a break. he's obviously not getting that in cleveland.

think about who's going to stop him when he curls, nobody. and most times he will end up taking 2 defenders with him leaving an open shooter.

i'm not sure signing lebron is the best move, but to say we're doing it for attention is far from accurate.

Hard for me to believe that the guy who has played with Kyrie and Wade and still needed to get his wants to play off-ball. Obviously, we're probably the best option for his ego because nobody here including PG13 can threaten him for being the #1 option. Philly on the other hand has Simmons and Embiid. Embiid will probably be a monster next year as well.

on the on-ball/off-ball issue. Kyrie handled the ball quite a bit as well during is CLE days, and that allowed LBJ to take plays off. He no longer has that luxury.

when he played with Wade, they started off by essentially sharing possessions, but that didn't work out well and LBJ became the primary guy, with Wade being a complementary ball handler.

if he comes here, we will have zo, BI, and most importantly an offensive scheme that isn't a stand and watch system. lazy basketball = ISO basketball with no off ball movement. that won't happen here i'm guessing.

I don't see any other reason to bring him here besides the fact that he's box-office. That's just my opinion.

LeBron-ball works until it doesn't, and I don't think it's the way to go right now. Everything you said is nice but I'm skeptical that happens. We also have young coach that doesn't necessarily have a lot pedigree to dictate things his way. LeBron wants to win but he wants all the credit with it. I think that's pretty obvious. I think he tanked the 2011 series because Wade was gonna win Finals MVP - it's still mind-boggling for him to take himself out of series like that. If he's here then I'll root him and the Lakers but I'd rather not have him.

I'd advise anyone who's going back and forth with this man to end the discussion after this ridiculous comment.

It's plausible. I don't think that's the reason but LeBron simply gave up in that series. He was the third leading scorer on his team too, weird
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Was reading the Cavs forum (again lol) and this one dude says he knows someone in the Lebron camp. He said that Lebron to the Lakers is likely and mentioned that his team has moved out here. He also mentioned that to Lebron, it's all about Branding at this point. Another person replied by saying that he wouldn't be surprised that the Clarkson/Nance trade was made by Lebron to help the Lakers gain future capspace. For me personally, that's kinda far fetched. But if true, that's some Keyser Söze type (bleep) right there.

Yeah, everything is point to LeBron coming, the noise and rumors will heat up more and more on the Lakers getting LeBron... it’s basically a done deal... Philly and Houston are likely just secondary options.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah, everything is point to LeBron coming, the noise and rumors will heat up more and more on the Lakers getting LeBron... it’s basically a done deal... Philly and Houston are likely just secondary options.

LeBron is going to do everything he can to keep people guessing all year. He loves the attention. I wouldn't even worry about him until he's having a visit with the FO in the offseason.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

I still don’t see how the Rockets get him. Trading Gordon is easy but trading Anderson with very minimal assets will be extremely difficult.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

LeBron is going to do everything he can to keep people guessing all year. He loves the attention. I wouldn't even worry about him until he's having a visit with the FO in the offseason.

Hey lonzobryant. Imagine if your username was a real player on this team? He'd be better than Jordan! 😂
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
chantruong wrote:

I still don’t see how the Rockets get him. Trading Gordon is easy but trading Anderson with very minimal assets will be extremely difficult.

Cavs and the team that would take Anderson would want some compensation (Even the team that takes Gordon may want to some compensation (2nd rounder). What picks or young players can the Rockets offer? Just curious, it may crush the possibility of a Rockets trade for Lebron.

Last edited by chantruong on Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

My info is in line with "Lebron to the Lakers".
I heard 8 months ago LeBron is going to the Lakers done deal from a sports industry exec. But so much can happen over time...I find it hard to believe that folks can be so sure unless it is all about Branding. Then it makes sense re: who told me.

Some in the media probably know but are afraid to be known as the Rat.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah indeed he does, which is why a lot of rumors will pop up about LeBron going to teams like Miami or NY but he’s probably had coming to LA wrapped up since last summer.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Hey lonzobryant. Imagine if your username was a real player on this team? He'd be better than Jordan! 😂

Lonzo with Kobe's shooting mechanics and killer instinct
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah indeed he does, which is why a lot of rumors will pop up about LeBron going to teams like Miami or NY but he’s probably had coming to LA wrapped up since last summer.

I do not think it has to do with keeping people guessing. I think its about being professional. He plays for the Cavs and is under contract till July 1st. There would be a huge problem within and outside the organization if LeBron said ..."I am going to another team" before his contract is up.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

If you asked Lavar then I'd just be Lamelo Ball
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I do not think it has to do with keeping people guessing. I think its about being professional. He plays for the Cavs and is under contract till July 1st. There would be a huge problem within and outside the organization if LeBron said ..."I am going to another team" before his contract is up.

That is why we have sources telling us what players plan to do, I’m guessing where LeBron is going will be known by Draft time...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

Some of the LeBron takes in this thread, in my opinion, are just stunningly off. Damn.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Judah wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:

It's plausible. I don't think that's the reason but LeBron simply gave up in that series. He was the third leading scorer on his team too, weird

No it isn't.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Judah wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:

No it isn't.
\

Yes it is, plausible but it isn't likely.

He did look like he gave up in that series. Imo because the Mavs were playing amazing defense against him frustrating him. Meanwhile Wade was playing out of his mind.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Judah wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Judah wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
jg77 wrote:

No it isn't.
\

Yes it is, plausible but it isn't likely.

He did look like he gave up in that series. Imo because the Mavs were playing amazing defense against him frustrating him. Meanwhile Wade was playing out of his mind.

The narrative changed next year too that Miami Heat couldn't win the finals until Wade went to LeBron and said it's your team. Whatever though it worked that group won 2 titles together so not bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 181 of 2079
Jump to: