OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1739, 1740, 1741 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Last time LeBron had a 40 point triple double... last night

Last time Kawhi had a 40 point triple double... never.

One is pushing 34, doesn’t play defense, fills a stat sheet even in losses because he dominates he ball 90% of the time.

One is 26, maybe the best perimeter defender in the history of the game, is an efficient 25 ppg scorer and can play with us harmoniously.

I can’t stand when ppl just say “BuT oMg TriPle DuBbLe” without considering all factors.

I hope people wouldn’t choose westy over Kawhi despite westy being better at filling up the box scores. There’s reasons good players are worse next to lebron and Westbrook.

I think Kawhi's a great player, but he's only won one championship and hasn't really been a playoff factor since Duncan retired. Who knows... maybe they give Warriors a run for the money in the WCF if he didn't get hurt... but somehow he's become a near mythological figure without accomplishing more than someone like Rondo.

If he's healthy... and had zero diminishment of his athletic and defensive abilities due to his quadriceps issue... yes it is possible a 27 year old Kawhi might be more useful than a 34 year old LeBron.

But these are all enormous leaps of faith and assumptions at this point.

Lol, Kawhi has accomplished a lot more than Rondo. And it's really not an enormous leap of faith when it's arguable that Kawhi>LeBron last year. Spurs were also spanking the Warriors before he got hurt.

Rondo and Kawhi both won one chip but Rondo went to the finals twice...
Rondo is a 4X All Star... Kawhi is a 2X All Star
Rondo is 3X Assists leader
Rondo and Kawhi were both Steals champ one time
Kawhi was All NBA 2X, Rondo only 1X
Both were 4X defense team... but Kawhi did win DPOY

I would say Kawhi is better... but to say accomplished a lot more is not true.

They've accomplished about the same... just in different ways.

If Rondo could shoot... he'd be as good as Kawhi... but then again Kawhi can't pass like Rondo.

I still can't believe we didn't sign Rondo last year when his camp showed interest.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

One is pushing 34, doesn’t play defense, fills a stat sheet even in losses because he dominates he ball 90% of the time.

One is 26, maybe the best perimeter defender in the history of the game, is an efficient 25 ppg scorer and can play with us harmoniously.

I can’t stand when ppl just say “BuT oMg TriPle DuBbLe” without considering all factors.

I hope people wouldn’t choose westy over Kawhi despite westy being better at filling up the box scores. There’s reasons good players are worse next to lebron and Westbrook.

I think Kawhi's a great player, but he's only won one championship and hasn't really been a playoff factor since Duncan retired. Who knows... maybe they give Warriors a run for the money in the WCF if he didn't get hurt... but somehow he's become a near mythological figure without accomplishing more than someone like Rondo.

If he's healthy... and had zero diminishment of his athletic and defensive abilities due to his quadriceps issue... yes it is possible a 27 year old Kawhi might be more useful than a 34 year old LeBron.

Lol, Kawhi has accomplished a lot more than Rondo. And it's really not an enormous leap of faith when it's arguable that Kawhi>LeBron last year. Spurs were also spanking the Warriors before he got hurt.

If Rondo could shoot... he'd be as good as Kawhi... but then again Kawhi can't pass like Rondo.

I still can't believe we didn't sign Rondo last year when his camp showed interest.

You forgot Kawhi's Finals MVP and that he won DPOY 2x.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

We tried.... he chose Pelicans. After he said no, we went back to Ennis.

Why is Rondo vs Kawhi even being debated here?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Apparently DMC unfollowed the Pelicans on IG

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/16/new-orleans-pelicans-demarcus-cousins-unfollow-instagram-free-agency/

Quote:
DeMarcus Cousins unfollowed Pelicans on Instagram because he's 'Grown'

New Orleans Pelicans superstar DeMarcus Cousins is a free agent this offseason. His social media interactions tonight are worth mentioning.

The big man was asked by a fan why he unfollowed his team on Instagram. Cousins replied, explaining he made the decision because he is “grown” – he has made no comment yet but it’s safe to assume he was not hacked.

This may seem like a petty thing to speculate about and some folks may read too deep into the tea leaves. But it is also worth considering why he would not only make this choice but also double down with a second comment.

It’s a surprising update considering just last month The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor cited “feedback from league executives” stating that Cousins seemed happy with the organization.

Time to keep our eyes peeled once PG or LeBron starts unfollowing their current teams
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

We tried.... he chose Pelicans. After he said no, we went back to Ennis.

If you read the entire quote chain you could see why. But yes it is off-topic moving on...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

You forgot Kawhi's Finals MVP and that he won DPOY 2x.

My point still stands that they have accomplished similar amounts.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

So rondo went to 1 more finals so he is better then Kawhi?

Wow
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Because one player we felt wasn't fit to grace our bench and the other one some are willing to trade two players and picks and give out a max contract without even seeing if they are healthy.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Wow

I literally said in my post that Kawhi was better... do you even try to read a full post... or does your mind automatically filter out anything you don't find useful?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah, I'll pass on Rondo over and again.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Wow

I literally said in my post that Kawhi was better... do you even try to read a full post... or does your mind automatically filter out anything you don't find useful?

So why r u comparing?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Wow

Kawhi aside, I'd still pass on Rondo. Anyway we already have a starting PG that can't shoot.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Wow

So why r u comparing?

My point was that this board has a blindspot for Kawhi's flaws and only sees his good points.

He's a great player, but we must proceed cautiously before we sign him.

Especially if we give up any assets.

I only brought up Rondo because I knew half the board didn't want him last year... and if you add up their career accomplishments... there really isn't too much difference.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The only issue with KL is his injury which appears to be a mystery.

No doubt 32 ! That "injury" is way strange.

I do think Spurs will be dealing KL during or
after the Draft. Seems there is some history there
with Pop and it may be time to deal the kid.

Obviously, the Spurs will want some team to back up
a truck load of talent in exchange. More so if it's in the
same conference, division, etc...

We'll see what happens.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Not to mention Kawhi outplayed lebron head to head on the biggest stage in route to his FMVP

You act like we have a choice with these players, we should consider ourselves lucky if one of them seriously considers us.

This is true.

Not only that but LBJ has always been a elite defender. The only bad thing you can say about him is he's 34.

I would rather have KL over LBJ but you dont turned down the 9 inviting you in for drinks because you have a first date with a 10 early in the morning.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi is a lot better than Rondo. That said, you have to be crazy to think he's better than LeBron. To win a champion, you need a guy that can average 25 to 30 in a playoff series. I think Kawhi has only done that once or twice in his entire career.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Boogie unfollowed the Pelicans twitter... sounds like they told him no max $...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Or no anything. They're better and faster without him.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Draft Day Trade:

Lakers get: Tyus Jones

Kings get: Luel Deng, #25, 2019 Wolves 1st (unprotected) and 2019 Bulls 2nd

Wolves get: Hart and Zubac

Why for Lakers?

1. Dump Deng's contract (On July 1st, we would have the ability to sign James, George and Randle).

2. Zubac doesn't seem to be in the Lakers plans. Jones could be a decent back up point guard.

Why for Kings?

1. The Wolves pick could be a decent pick and it is unprotected. They could draft someone like Jontay Porter with #25. The Bulls 2nd should be a low 2nd,

2. They utilize their cap space, they probably wont sign anyone of significance with it.

Why for Wolves?

1. Thibbs loves Hart and Zubac is a player that could excel in their slow offense.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Kawhi is a lot better than Rondo. That said, you have to be crazy to think he's better than LeBron. To win a champion, you need a guy that can average 25 to 30 in a playoff series. I think Kawhi has only done that once or twice in his entire career.

I'm pretty sure Kawhi won a championship without doing that. And the Spurs have only been his team for 3 years including this one where he didn't even play anything but 9 games.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Wow

So why r u comparing?

My point was that this board has a blindspot for Kawhi's flaws and only sees his good points.

He's a great player, but we must proceed cautiously before we sign him.

Especially if we give up any assets.

I only brought up Rondo because I knew half the board didn't want him last year... and if you add up their career accomplishments... there really isn't too much difference.

well it was biased where you were trying to undersell a 26year old's achievement to a guy whose career is almost done.

I was 1 of those who wanted Rondo pretty badly last summer but there is just no comparison between Kawhi and Rondo

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:

U think so? They can’t sign anybody else, Boogie can still be an asset
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:

I've started to come around on the whole Boogie train. I'm not sure what we should offer but a one year max is cool with me.

I think DC outside shooting could complement Randle's game real nice.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:

U think so? They can’t sign anybody else, Boogie can still be an ass

Fify
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Boogie might to play on a one year deal somewhere.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1739, 1740, 1741 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1740 of 2680
Jump to: